The Community Deserves The Bot Problem

If people would stop buying gold, the bot problem would lessen a LOT. Not saying it would go away completely, but it wouldn’t be at the point it is now. Anyone who buys gold won’t admit it, but whoever you are, and you know who you are, you did this to yourself.

Stop buying gold, and a big portion of bots will die out.

13 Likes

People who cheat think its fine that THEY cheat, they get mad when OTHER people cheat.

2 Likes

It would be great if it only affected themselves, but that’s not the case unfortunately.

1 Like

Sometimes some people should take longer to process thoughts… by your logic, crime is a communities fault despite the majority never participating in it.

jfc.

3 Likes

Classic wow is full of people who want to play classic wow but don’t want to play it so they stare at a wall in maraudon for ten hours. Very perplexing stuff.

1 Like

I agree, but at the point bots are right now. I’m assuming, though I could be wrong, that a large portion of the playerbase buys gold. It’s like how there’s a starbucks around every other corner. If there was no demand, there would be no service.

3 Likes

They’re probably watching Netflix and posting on their favorite social media bout what leet players they are. :popcorn:

I feel like this isn’t really true. People seem to openly admit to buying gold, or imply it, or even outright suggest it.

But yeah, I don’t think your hot take here is even remotely controversial…

OP is 100% correct.

We can add buying carry and guaranteed loot with real money to the list. I am now seeing services advertised on Whitemane Horde to “buy any gears you want in Naxx, good service”

Players are spending large amounts of real money on game destroying services in Era. The people running bots and the rest of it would not waste their time otherwise

3 Likes

Amen. People did nothing about GDKP when i urged them to report the advertisers. Now they complain about bots.

The WoW community once again proves to be a joke.

There’s also the guy who sells HoJ runs in BRD for 500g per attempt. :expressionless: OP speaks the truth

1 Like

stop acting like “the people” are buying gold
it’s like 2-3% of the playerbase max who are spending all this cash. they’re called whales :expressionless:

OP’s a gold farmer!
Git em!

I disagree. At some point you will have 100% of everything you need, with an excess of gold.

1 Like

This is a long way to go for a rather stale and dated “Beep beep Imma Jeep” reference.

If you go into /lookingforgroup and say something as simple as “people who buy gold should have their accounts deleted”, you’ll be swarmed with angry messages along the lines of “youre just mad because you cant afford to buy gold”. “why do you care how other people play the game” etc.

Its unreal how many people actually buy gold. They swipe their credit card, get boosted to 60, then just run through GDKPs in greens until they are geared. And if you say in /looingforgroup that those swipers are killing the game, you’
ll once again be swarmed with angry messages.

The real solution to the botting problem is to ban dungeon boosts and GDKPs. Those are the two sole reasons why people buy gold, and they are both also a large source of income for the gold sellers. Anyone who disagrees with the action to ban dungeon boosts and GDKPs is part of the problem and should be blacklisted on their server.

3 Likes

Wow.
Not just spam’d rcr so you’re squelched?
That’s pretty mad.

People bought gold before GDKPs and they will buy gold after them. If someone really thinks that gold buying will stop just because they remove boosting and gdkps then theyre not very smart.

Retail has no GDKPs and botting and gold buying is still rampant.

Other post:

I’m not a fan of gold buying but I can’t help but notice the correlation between you trying to assert power over others (you want people “blacklisted from their server” simply for being in favor of something as common as GDKPs) and your assumption that people who aren’t huge into the PVP changes have that opinion out of a desire to not want “to lose their power”. :thinking:

Maybe you are projecting your desire for control, which you do not have, onto others who you assume had some. Therefore you greatly enjoy seeing another persons “power” taken away.

Either way, your posts read to me as someone that’s best avoided because they bring drama wherever they go.

1 Like

The level of gold buying is what matters. Someone buys gold for their epic mount, okay, thats a one time thing. Meanwhile with GDKP and boosting people are buying significantly MORE gold.

1 Like