The Character Menu is a Disaster

I think it would be cool if we could name custom groups for characters. We should also be able to filter characters by server name. But I would not want the characters auto grouped by server because my characters are spread out over all servers (to use the same name).

7 Likes

This is exactly why I want them grouped by server. My monks for example might be named XXX and searching for and seeing just a list of XXX isnā€™t helpful. But having them separated by server (something visible vs having to hover over each one) would be a lot more useful. Iā€™d be fine with just adding the Server Name after the Character Name (XXX - Malā€™Ganis vs XXX), but give me some easy visual way that doesnā€™t require me to hover over each one until I find the right one.

Personally, give me the old way back. I have 60+ characters on some of my accounts, and itā€™s just too much to scroll through (I donā€™t have more than a screenful on any one server).

13 Likes

I agree; what soup-brain at Blizzard honestly thought this was a good idea??

40 Likes

first step anadisong.

Iā€™ve hated the new look since I first got in the beta.
Just about every damn thing about modern WoW looks like a cheap Big Lots knockoff version of WoW.

35 Likes

Hold upā€¦ I only have the option of one big list and not by realm now??

Thatā€™s insanity.

28 Likes

yep. just logged in. that and that awful horrible terrible degenerate void elf ā€œalleriaā€ staring at me on the login screen. she haunts my nightmares.

That makes me not even want to log in at all and just quit.

Even Old Republic has a better darn system for character login.

And I despise that stupid favorites list with the dumb camp scene.

19 Likes

enjoy it.

i would post a pic but dunno how to.

3 Likes

Every ui-related change this patch has been garbage.

27 Likes

the Love Rocket

2 Likes

dont you mean this expansion?

4 Likes

The main menu font size is all over the shop! The news banners on the left are tiny, the character names on the right are massive and the Warband character size looks weird.

13 Likes

You can actually drag the characters out of the favorite list, and then you no longer see it if you want to.

A lot of players have what are called ā€˜placeholderā€™ characters.
So if thereā€™s a name we think is cool, but donā€™t know which class to assign it to yet, we hold onto it- otherwise someone else will take it.

5 Likes

Figured out the fastest way to log in a character:

There is a new search bar at the top. When you enter the beginning of a character name, it will pop up quickly. So when you know the name of your characters, typing it in is 100x faster than scrolling the list with the mouse.

3 Likes

Same here, but later today, I will be deleting those other toon names on my account, sucks but I donā€™t intend on searching a toon list trying to figure out who is where, I was gonna do some token purchases and stuff on some of the other servers I play on, just easier to delete those toons now and just stay on one server.

3 Likes

Except you canā€™t type in the realm name as a filter.
Huge missed opportunity from Blizzard.

23 Likes

I have a lot of alts as well, many 70s, basically a full roster + side characters on 3 different realms.

It would be good if there was a toggle between this view and the old view, at least.

Iā€™d also like more sorting controls, like by realm as the OP stated.

Making multiple groups of 4 and being able to name the groups would have been cool, too.

Iā€™m just glad itā€™s only for that acct and not Bnet wide :0

7 Likes

The current size of the profession and talent windows did feel like warnings.

11 Likes

Because Iā€™m an RPer who likes RPing different characters. This character is very different from an orc hunter for example. Also it makes mog farming easier, and I needed some horde characters for raiding before everything was cross faction and cross server.

7 Likes