The case of the hidden bird chirp

But WoW doesn’t even HAVE ducks!

…Blizzard, please add ducks to WoW. :duck:

4 Likes

I’ve heard the Pepe chirp mostly in Heart of the Forest, but also in Oribos. It sounds exactly like it does when Pepe is on your head!

1 Like

I started noticing the sound this week, and I can confirm that it always seems to chirp when I enter Soulshape (tiger form). I don’t remember hearing it before that.

For people that are not NF but are hearing the chirp, I wonder if they’re hearing someone else entering Soulshape nearby (or not so nearby), or if there is a bug with the sound file that makes it play at erroneous times.

Umm. I just read this post and coincidentally discovered the chirp with video evidence in an arena, where NOBODY would be using a toy.

Check this video out at 1 hour 1 minute 54 seconds!! It’s an arena match AWC cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pbF3wXKlg&feature=youtu.be

I had totally left the forums here lol. then stumbled upon this. Happens right at 1hour1min54. So crazy.

7 Likes

Yep, somebody went soulshape at the exact time of the time stamp, guess that solves that…

Put this in bugs forum with links to this thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/random-pepe-sounds-from-using-soulshape/832950

DUCK MOUNT!

We need it Blizzard. You know we do.

Also the ability to spawn multiple pets at once, so we can walk on our duck mount with four ducklings following behind us.

That attempted “badass” title pic looks like a boyband album cover from 1992 :smiley:

2 Likes

LoL I had been wondering the same thing. I spent some time trying to figure out where it was coming from I thought it must be some hidden puzzle, but I never found anything. I think Blizzard is trolling us.

1 Like

Oh my stars this has been driving me crazy

YES I HEAR IT WHAT IS ITTTT

I have no idea. But if someone finds out, I sure hope they’ll tell us.

I have no mods installed and I’m hearing it too.

1 Like

I almost always play with the sound off, while I listen to Howard Stern or NPR or music. But I have heard people on Discord say “wtf is that bird sound!”

It almost makes me want to play with the sound on for a few days to see what everyone is talking about.

2 Likes

The only thing I could think of is someone with Pepe out, but since they said it is not that, who knows? Maybe it is one of those hidden clues that leads to a chain quest that gives a decent reward!

UPDATE: Was just picking up my daily calling with the Fae and I heard the chirping, same that is in Oribos.

1 Like

I’d lay gold on it that it’s either a weak aura or an addon that is notifying you of something. And if it’s going off at random times it might just be busted.

Disable addons and see if that stops the chirping.

There is an item called a Hairy Egg that will chirp. and will hatch in 3 days.
Maybe that’s what you hear.

2 Likes

Not sure which mod it is, but it’s signaling to you that your covenant ability is off cd

Captured on the AWC vod around 24:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pbF3wXKlg

Scroll up. It’s Soulshape. Mystery solved.

I heard it in Torghast. I don’t Soul Shape, have no addons. No one else was there.

1 Like

eh, maybe it’s just part of the base ambience mix or something, try turning ambient sound volume to 0 and see if it goes away?