The cancer of all the "booster" mages

That is YOUR OPINION.

and each time there is no sound reason behind it… you think it’s economy and where is your proof of that? You call it fact without anything to back it up… charts, statistics, some study or anything at all? Just “trust me bro, it’s effecting the economy” so I should just take your word for it? You can whine and cry about us, “not playing the right game by your rules” but we’re still playing the game and enjoying it… don’t like it? Don’t care.

ok so i guess you can level properly then, huh :expressionless:

please go back to retail and take all your friends with you :expressionless:

Lol, I mean I already play retail… I play both, you don’t have to like it but I’m not going anywhere… I might level a mage, just to do mage services.

thank God i play HC, where creatures like you cannot last past lvl 10 :expressionless:

Awww… I’ve been past 10 for a long time in HC, I’m guessing you’re talking from experience… yikes.

I can’t imagine putting 10 days played in just to die to a griefer and have to delete. Sounds awful.

You ask me for metrics and then claim your arguments that you’ve made without metrics are perfectly valid

Thats cause my arguments are based on analogy and discussion points. Yours were based on a metric you made up. Which is why i pointed it out and asked for a source.

it effects people joining your groups. I tell you that those people weren’t gonna join your group anyways, because they wanted to get boosted"

Thats a win win situation. Either the boosters are forced to play as intended like everyone else does or we dont have to deal with them cheapening the game at all.

Less people paying to progress? Awesome.

You have no metric to say that these people were ever gonna join your group to begin with

You dont get it. I dont expect them to. I expect them to realize they cant get a free ride and go back to playing as intended or not at all.

I already explained that the way the devs want the game to be played and the way i want it to be played are different. But i still support what the devs want.

no its not. ill explain. The way the (insert politcal party) wants to run itself, and the way i want it to run itself are different. But i still support what the (insert political party) does because its better than supporting the (insert alternative political party)

Id support devs over boosters because devs are closer to what i want, even if not exactly what i want…

Tell you what, why dont you go back and check how many likes you got for your posts on these subjects and then check mine. Even the general consensus here is you are wrong. I think we are done here. The points have been made and none of yours are up to snuff. People can and already have decided for themselves. Have a good day.

1 Like

That is YOUR OPINION.

you think

I should just take your word for it

not playing the right game by your rules”

Here’s where you get confused. This isn’t about me. This is about the intended gameplay experience. Its not my rules. Its not something I made up. I’m not enforcing it because its what I want (its really not, there are many things i would change). But you keep trying to make this about me.

Im just trying to keep classic in its intended state. Which is the whole reason for its existence. And actively working against that is antithetical to its purpose of being. If you want to ruin that and

don’t like it? Don’t care.

clearly dont care. Then i dont think its us “whining and crying” thats the problem. Its people like you that dont care how they effect others. You think i dont want to boost with my extra gold? Of course i get tired of questing on a tank sometimes. Im just not lame enough to do it.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Not everyone’s experiences the game the same way, why are you worried about my experience? Because we both know good and well it’s doesn’t hurt anyone. It is something you made up…

Yep, it is most definitely whining and crying… it’s all y’all do. If someone doesn’t play the game THE WAY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE they’re bad and wrong, need to go play another game and all this is, is you pushing your own experience as, “this is what blizzard intended!”

Again. I’m not pushing my own agenda and pretending its blizzards. I would like many changes in a SoM2. I’m just adhering to blizzards intended experience.

its like if we played chess. and you wanted to use the same colored pieces as me. Its like. Thats cool. It can be done. But it can be an annoyance to the person who is used to playing as intended. and even if i thnk you should be able to use polka dot pieces, id rather stick to regulation black and white than have to deal with somebody who only wants to use black or white exclusively cause it can cause problems.

And the people that come in and insist on playing in the same game as people that dont want to use exclusively one color are hurting the experience of those that came to play as intended.

1 Like

Considering how many people are against group finder, even in Wrath, it’s odd to see so many people circumventing the “community” aspect of spamming LFG.

Maybe the buyers have already leveled a character or two and they can’t be bothered by doing the whole process again? I just try and ignore it. Luckily, I’ve been able to find a group for all group content without too much trouble.

Where is the statement they made?

You are right! People that have done work once to earn something shoudnt have to do it again to earn it. Thats called heirloom items. They have those in retail.

2 Likes

the statement for what? You mean that they dont condone boosting? How about that they nerfed it in SoM? Its clear by their actions, which speak louder than words.

1 Like

We aren’t talking about SoM… so you are also ASSUMING that what is meant, if it mattered to them they’d say it and would apply those changes to ERA as well.

We are talking about blizzards intended game experience, and using SoM as a discussion point. They made changes to SoM that they liked and thatthey think were good for the game. Like nerfing boosting. They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t want it gone.

The reason it hasnt been added to classic is because #nochanges remember??? They are trying to make it as close to original as possible but people are abusing it which they didnt do in vanilla near as much.

But no explanation would ever be enough. If blizzard came out themselves and told you they dont want boosting you would insist its ok because you want it and it doesnt effect anybody.

Theres no point in trying to convince you. The facts have been laid out. Theres nothing left to say.

2 Likes

Yea because you can’t prove it’s their intended way of playing the game, you have however proved it is your opinion of how… I don’t play the game the way you do, get over it.

I only play hc these days so this is irrelevant

So easy to say isnt it? Especially when you dont feel compelled to explain how and why that is. Then talk about bad takes. Just lol. How does leveling not matter when you cant do end game without being max level?

The short answer is it plainly does matter but it mattering is a huge inconvenience for you which is why you bypass it and thus make a mockery of it in the process. Which is fine and all but that leaves you open to criticism if you want to publicly contradict yourself on how much you actually enjoy the game.

So disagree, who cares? You’re disagreement is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Its a negative whether you agree or not.

Fun is subjective and plenty of people enjoy leveling in this game. You’re choosing not to enjoy it, its not that the content isnt enjoyable. What you’re doing is making excuses for your lukewarm interest in the game as a whole so don’t have to reckon with the fact that you’re cheesing the game for no real good reason.

Which, as Ive said, I dont really concern myself with. Use as much canned spray cheese as you want with your MMO, just dont make lame excuses to exonerate your lack of effort and/or interest as your actions and attitude clearly demonstrate.

Is this how you normally debate? Just throw stuff out there with no explanation or line of reasoning to back what you’re saying but still expect to be taken seriously?

I gave one explanation which no one has bothered to refute and there are plenty of other reasons why purposefully bypassing content is antithetical and ultimately harmful to a “living world” MMO experience. You just choose to remain ignorant of these things for purely personal gain. If we’re being real I mean which it seems you have a hard time with.

Pot say hello to Mr Kettle over here.

Im sure its still going on but when I last was invested in retail and well before that ended, arena rankings became a joke. Being an R1 gladiator went from prestigious achievement to something you can skip entirely and simply buy.

So now you play your butt off and get to R1 the way the game intended but you can’t really bask in it because everyone knows half the R1s are pilots and the other half are doing the piloting. Being an R1 glad lost its meaning because it can be bought with RL money. Its no longer an accomplishment that shows you played your butt off.

Its the same with leveling, especially in Era. Its meant to be an important step in playing the game and it takes a fair bit of time and a little bit of planning to do and thus was seen as clearing a major hurdle on the road of progression.

Paying a mage (usually hacking) to do “your job” for you to nullify and skip an important part of the game puts you into a different category of player than someone who takes it seriously and makes the investment.

Its not a great category if we’re being honest about stuff.

1 Like