The cancer of all the "booster" mages

I realized Blizz only cares they are paying subs. But these toxic players are ruining the game at this point. LFG for is so bad you need an addon because the ignore list is capped at 50. Ive had a recipe flask of supreme power ninjad, a healing staff and now priest robes off Drak by these clowns. Theres so many of them its becoming overwhelming and starting to ruin the resurgence of classic era. I know it falls on deaf ears but please start banning these guys. Its very cleary RMT which is against TOS.

6 Likes

Yep spend alot of time adding to my ignore list, slowly I’m getting LFG working again on Whitemane.

4 Likes

It’s why I’ve started leveling on the PVE west cluster. It may be harder to do stuff but at least it’s safe from that.

2 Likes

Why is it less of a thing on PvE servers? I believe you but wondering what dungeon boosting has to do with PvP.

1 Like

I’m saying smaller quieter server. No boosters if it’s quiet.

2 Likes

The PvP West and PvE East are the free transfer destinations. PvE West and the two PvP East clusters are much less populated by comparison

1 Like

Something I feel goes unnoticed with modern MMORPG is that while RMT was always against the rules, the developers themselves now RMT (WoW token, etc.)

Back when WoW came out, Blizzard wasn’t too stupid to know that selling gold themselves would make money - they just knew it would ruin the game.

I know you can’t buy WoW tokens in classic but the company is fundamentally different and does not have any respect for the sanctity or fairness of their games. That’s why GDKP RMT-fest goes unpunished.

It was ironic to hear the “announcement” guy mention “keeping the game as social as possible” to justify trading on the official hardcore servers. Yet the devs won’t remove the obvious RMT from boosters and GDKP freaks which removes the need to form actual guilds and relationships and lets people swipe VISA for raid gear, levels, etc.

1 Like

Boosting services need to be eliminated by adding level caps to dungeons. Maybe restricting non 60s from entering ZG so they can get boosted in there.

1 Like

I love it, getting all of my transmute alts leveled has never been easier.

If someone in the group is seeing grey mobs the group players should less 20% xp per level over the grey.

If someone in the group is seeing “RED” or also the XP should be reduced by 75%

I don’t understand the obsession with forcing people to play the game the way y’all want it to be played. If people want to boost, they should be able to boost.

4 Likes

Largely because it’s an RMT thing, as well as taking players out of the leveling pool to run dungeons or group content with.

RMT bots selling you the boost to sell you back the gold so you give it back to them so they spend it in the GDKP to sell back to you so you can give it back to them and they sell it back to you so you can buy more leveling boost.

The people that are getting boosted aren’t the people that are gonna want to group with you anyways. It doesn’t take anyone out of the pool except taking people out of the max level raiding pool.

Boosts don’t cost a lot, most of us have plenty of gold in the game and don’t need to buy gold to buy boosts. I doubt anyone does, it’s too cheap. You could maybe make that argument with the naxx gdkps, but most of em that I’ve been in, you can tell people don’t have that type of gold. What you’re speaking of isn’t a myth, but it’s super uncommon.

Whitemane’s LFG has been destroyed by boosters, up to 84 on my ignore list so far.

1 Like

Because it’s safer to level in dungeons where no one will kill you especially the bored 60s. Obviously that’s not an issue on PvE.

I wish blizz could find a way to separate the leaches from the ppl who like to play games.

6 Likes

Yeah, just get global ignore and blacklist the word Boost. It’ll help, but can’t deny there’s too many people doing it. I don’t think it should be banned by any means though.

NA realms for NA only. With starlink this problem is only going to get worse. If they do not enforce the TOS and ban rmt even more third worlders will start playing to sell gold

1 Like

Some of us like to game when we travel abroad. Just stop.