The Black Bride 8.2

stares at you in Forsaken

6 Likes

They’ll bring Forward Commander Onslaught back, just so we can kill him again.

Jokes aside, if they harm a single hair on Lydon’s precious head, I will literally die and be resurrected as an avatar of salt.

3 Likes

Her counterpart in the League of Arathor, Sir Maximus Adams, was removed & replaced in 3.2. Adams was just a generic knight with no backstory (and a cool first name) but I spent a lot of time at Refuge Pointe so he was a constant presence. His removal was out of nowhere and it was quite possibly one of first times I had gone to the forums to find out something (why he was removed), which I never did.

Since then I’ve had this headcanon that the Black Bride was the one who killed him which prompted the replacement, so getting a chance to fight her as an actual character is kind of exciting.

I wonder what Helcular and Dumass are up to.

1 Like

Hercular is just waiting for Kel’thuzad to pick him out of the forsakens and dumas is likely the new forsaken leader

I don’t play horde much and don’t know who the black bride is, but it can be sad seeing recurring quest npcs go. Like Amber. I was way bummed that she died in Legion. I liked her in Cata Westfall and MOP a lot. And since then Shaw has just been everywhere with sI 7 instead.

6 Likes

It isnt just losing characters we like. Though that is part of it, as a Horde player. It is the manner in which we lose them. We put them down ourselves.

At least Alliance players can blame the Horde or the Legion or an enemy for their lost characters. But we are killing ours.

31 Likes

Well yeah, its WoW, you expect them to pull another Garrosh and have the villains actually survive?

1 Like

Just a reminder people this is what could possibly happen when you want to see your favorite characters come to the forefront of the story. :sob::sob::sob:

"I would love to see an abomination commander, we have a few to choose from.

Replace Ranger Captain Areiel with someone that is alive, I’m not sure who master Gadrin is. I would prefer someone like Lydon, Black Bride, Grand Executor Mortuus, Executor Darthalia, or Sharlindra." - me

Famous ones:
Alexi Barov
Helcular
Lydon
Faranell
High Executor Darthalia
Sergent Gorth
Bethor - prodigal lich
- Black Bride, leading the Horde forces in AB" me

I detest a council type leadership, but if we must; Nathanos, Belmount, Heluclar; Lydon, Grand Executor Mortuus and the Black Bride. These councilman and women represents the RAS, Deathstalkers, Dark Rangers, Executors, The Defilers and the overall Forsaken Army and citizens.

12 Likes

Yeah. Well, now imagine you had to kill Sir Maximus Adams yourself alongside Thrall and then slaughter a bunch of NEs after revenge for Teldrassil.

16 Likes

Stop reminding them Lydon is still alive.

27 Likes

“Alright writing team, we got a new a list of fan-favorites! Just don-

2 Likes

He’s not though. He’s still around but he’s definitely not alive.

And in this hypothetical scenario’s universe you would be telling Alliance players to suck it up and deal with it, so it means nothing.

4 Likes

Yeah.
How dare they kill this named NPC with no backstory or dialogue that hasn’t seen use since… uh… What year did they add remote queuing for BGs?

4 Likes

Yeah! Having favorite characters is so childish. Everyone should be jaded and not care about things like us adults. Grow up Night Elf and Forsaken fans!

31 Likes

Good strawman. Nice details on the face. I’m sure it’ll get knocked down real easy.

4 Likes

No. If you paid much attention to my posting history you would probably notice a level of commiseration. I don’t like the Alliance getting things they don’t like any more than I like it happening to the Horde. When I protest is usually when it is Alliance players advocating the Horde get screwed to fix the problem.

I think it is more that it just highlights the frustration people feel with the narrative. Plus, lets be honest, Horde characters with backstory and dialog is a pretty common feature of the horde.

15 Likes

YAY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Same.

Wait.

So if the Horde PC is one who tattled to Natty, and is there to “just play along”, let’s say, hypothetically, the Black Bride succeeds. She just killed a Horde champion, and a Loyalist there under the auspices of Nathanos.

Edit: Even if you were afforded an oppurtunity to try and explain yourself, she just caught you sneaking through the Underhold with Saurfang. She has no reason to believe you, at all.

Come… Join us on the salty side. We can talk about how terrible Sira and Delaryn are for both of our lores. And commiserate over lost homes (though mine’s still a bit more genocide-y).

4 Likes

We did it in Legion, we killed a good chunk of the people(at least the Alliance rogues) of Darkshire with the help from Garona no less! You know, the person who once assasinated Llane.

1 Like

Oh man, thanks for bringing up Amber. Her offscreen death made me really sad, she was the best part of Alliance MoP for me and a real highlight when I discovered she was in Westfall. :^(

2 Likes