The biggest omen of Dragonflight

I don’t see any talent trees in DF for raid, m+, pvp. All I see is half of these points going into things I already have(interrupt) and the other half pretty obv choices depending on which of the big 3 I’m progging.

We kept repeating this phrase for years. Me included. At one point you just stop believing and start doubting until proven wrong. I will throw my lot into it that the rest of the talent trees will look same the same OR they will start looking different from the very next that is being revealed.

That being said im against the talent trees as whole because cookie cutter is gonna remain cookie cutter but if the playerbase wants these trees then so be it i suppose.

The class design going into legion was dictated by Celestalon I think his name was. The classes were very boring without the borrowed power and I remember he got a lot of criticism for that. Fast forward to BfA and they didn’t do anything about it and kept the same class design. We aren’t going to see major class redesigns going into dragonflight either.

What happened between WoD and legion might never happen again. They’ll keep Celestalon’s legacy to the very end

1 Like

Torghast is actually fun. Being forced to do it every single week for a stupid currency to fuel a stupid system for player power is what people hated. Drunk Torghast with friends was fun in beta, and it’s still fun now.

I really hope Blizzard doesn’t just scrap the idea of a deep dungeon forever, just because people like you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Also, the two talent trees we got are fine. The Resto Druid tree is more than fine.

1 Like

I mean talents have always been level cap and done.

I highly doubt that they would change that.

Wait and see guys it will be fine!

2 months later after the "newness wears off’ This sucks!

2 years later after Blizzard has gotten their monies worth people start to leave the game and Blizzard “magically fixes it” Yay blizzard listens to us!

The talent trees we have so far look too fun and insanely powerful, so I’m waiting for them to ruin it last second, lol.

Be fun to start off the expac and feel powerful like we did in Legion, though.

1 Like

Yeah, it always confuses me when people say these trees look weak, or boring. Like, did you even look at them once? They’re insane. As a Resto Druid, I can spec into three legendary effects, and two covenant skills at the same time.

People have horse blinders on.

The blood dk one looks legitimately broken. I love it. I wanna see what affliction gets.

Watch it just be the poop emoji.

Microsoft killed modded Minecraft and all the Windows XP games. They can’t even do Mahjong right. Like, with Mahjong, they set a bunch of games grouped and ordered by difficulty, for you to progress through. But then suddenly, all your progress is lost because auto-update replaces the groups and games.

Modded Minecraft version 1.12.2 was the best version ever. And now you cannot even play it, thanks to Microsoft. Minecraft is now boring vanilla and educational instead of being fun. And Minecraft drip-feeds new content; like one new entity and one new block with each major update. And Microsoft stripped the entities (minimal model, ai, and world gen) in favor of animated blocks, i.e. wavy grass, and interactive plants.

Isnt this what we have now though? No matter which system you go with isnt there always a cookie cutter approach most players use? It sure looks like there is between the talent tree we have now and the legendaries…

I look at some of the traits on my old artifacts that we never got back after Legion and I think “Damn, that would be freaking awesome!”

Im saying its a waste of resources as the result will be the same as in now in regards for the people that assume theres gonna be flexibility in it.

We’re going to see constant complaining about the arrangement of the talents.

Its not a waste of resources because people will stop whining about borrowed power. One of the most recurring whines in this game is borrowed power this and borrowed power that. Baking it into a tree will get those people to shut up.

Isn’t blizzard bringing back nearly all the talents and spells that use to be in the game?

No?

It’s mostly just Shadowlands stuff packaged up nicely.

We have seen two alpha release talent trees.
Quick to judge aren’t we.

1 Like

They will whine about that they have to spec into X for Y and into B for A etc. Your example would already be covered by making said abilities baseline if people want to keep the ones they had in SL and simply not adding another atrocious system such as the covenant system that has player power attached to it.

And again as i said if people want the trees you can have them for all i care. I still think its a waste of ressources as far as the assumption of “people that assume theres gonna be flexibility in it” is concerned.

Ye i’ve heard that phrase since well over 15 years.

Borrowed power is currently annoying because you have to do stupid unfun things from a content type you hate to use it in your preferred content

Borrowed power in the form of a talent where i can put a point in it and never have to go do pve to unlock it is perfect :crossed_fingers: