The Big Druid Bug list

Well out of all abilities Maul seems the most “working as intended”. In Raids we generally do fine, because it’s 1 big trash mob we can spam Maul on, and we usually have unlimited rage.

So in raids, bear tanking seems relatively “okay”. Usually one big mob we all focus.

But in dungeons, you can really see the rage issues. Bears should get rage super easy in all sitatuions but I’m rage starved most of the time.

Even if you do have rage though, or enough crit gear to sustain swipe spam, it doesn’t matter. Even healers can peel off you sometimes.

And in DM, the weakness really shows. When mobs are immune to your thorns, you have NOTHING. If your enrage is down, for lasher packs you might as well be casting hurricane because you won’t do any threat in bear whatsoever

I’m honestly hesitant to attempt tanking in raids :frowning:
UBRS was a nightmare >.>

I didn’t know he streamed or I would’ve been watching him more. i only heard that secondhand about druid threat, so it’s anyone’s guess to if it’s true or not.

He has been very silent, and I have yet to see anything concrete from the likes of Taladril or the like. Other than that there aren’t very many trustworthy druid figures to go off of in the community.

I wouldn’t be scared to tank raids to be honest. Usually we hold threat much better than warriors. However, dungeons are not fun to tank right now as a druid at all. Rage, or swipe, or just the threat mechanic in general make it impossible to actually enjoy the role at all. Can we fill it? Sure. But it won’t be any fun doing it. Constantly stressing about threat all the time as a tank isn’t fun. Especially when you have full prebis. and druids should be generally much better in 5 mans than wars. a simple tab swipe spam should be more than enough in most situations.

This constant battle with dps every second in 5 mans to hold a mob’s agro is a myth. I can’t imagine what 5 mans will be like when classes actually start getting real gear, because honestly bear threat doesn’t improve all that dramatically from here

1 Like

Funny you should mention Taladril as I messaged him on Discord to see if he’s noticed much difference in regards to Druids from Pserver to Classic and this is all he said: “tanking seems generally easier though there are more unique abilities to plan for”

Not really sure what to do with that but it’s not what I was after haha

That’s not what he said to me, on his official forum I brought this issue up and he seemed gravely concerned with the state of druid tanking atm

You don’t have to be Taladril to notice a huge difference between pservers and Classic. It’s night and day.

And you know what, I’m just going to go ahead and say it I don’t really care if you think pservers are a joke or not, druids should not be this weak.

Which is hilarious because people have always told me I’m a wonderful tank. Meanwhile I’m thinking to myself this is freaking awful, I can’t hold threat at all.

I can’t imagine what other druids are dealing with. And they told me warriors were even worse. Now that’s probably changed with more geared warriors, but even still.

Yikes

3 Likes

Bump for Predatory Strikes and Leader of the Pack bug, blue post plz

3 Likes

This mana burn bug is really annoying, I see it most on geddon and the DM mana elementals. I OOM before those pulls to minimize the extra damage. Roar spam helps with packs, as I can’t rely on swipe.

3 Likes

you mean like booty bay? it was always like this in classic, standing on a none terrain object always acted like you were inside.

Yeah most of this is spot on. I could be wrong but I don’t remember druids being this broken in vanilla. Literally oom all the time when healing, and Bear rage and threat are a joke. I pointed out the weapon skill bug in the first week and that still hasn’t been looked at yet.

4 Likes

I’m so glad I found this thread… I found it because I was searching these bugs that I’ve noticed but at least now I know I’m not alone and I can adjust macros for the time being.

Can we get clarification on if Natural Weapons drops off at any point too?

1 Like

While I think the leeway mechanic giving melee absurd range is busted and should be removed, It should be noted that druid appears to not benefit from it, at least not in cat form.

3 Likes

The mana drain working in form bug is KILLER.

1 Like

It makes no sense… has there ever been a point in wow where a druid in bear form could be mana burned??? Like I don’t remember this ever being a thing in Vanilla, TBC, WoTLK, Cata, MoP, etc… All of a sudden it exists in classic remake?? Why?

1 Like

Because an unpaid intern headed up the team for this game port

3 Likes

Dire Maul is now a fking chore to run.
Mana burning elementals on power crystals.
Bosses and mobs with knock backs and/or stuns is beyond frustrating.
ZERO rage generation from packs of lashers/insects.

What’s the go Blizzard? Seriously???!?!?!

4 Likes

never in known WoW history.

This drops aggro now right? Just like I remember in classic… /s

All these druids complaining about threat issues yet I’ve experienced none. Swipe is your bread and butter for tanking 3+ mobs. You shouldn’t be using anything else and just tab swiping. And I’ve noticed knockbacks from mobs are treated as a “Wing Buffet” and reduces your threat you already generated(but does not completely wipe it).

1 Like

Also, it would really be helpful if a GM would confirm if mana burns should persist through shapeshift forms.

No s hit dude. We can’t hold agro that’s exactly what we’re talking about. Swipe isn’t generating enough threat