The Big Druid Bug list

Tbh I thought something was up with Mark/Gift not displaying proper values thanks for confirming.

Does imp MOTW have anything to do with this? Also, thorns isn’t displaying proper damage with 3 PC T1 it still says 18 not 22

Christ literally everything is bugged with this class

Literally says on the tooltip causes 3 damage to all attackers.

Probably another TBC change that snuck it’s way in

I can confirm this and replicate this 100% using the following macros:

Cat form:

#showtooltip
/cancelform [noform:3]
/cast Cat Form
/startattack [form:3,harm,nodead]

Bear form:

#showtooltip
/cancelform [noform:1]
/cast Bear Form
/startattack [form:1,harm,nodead]
  • If I start out in human form and cast bear form, I get the +AP from predatory strikes.

• If I then power shift into cat form, I still receive the +AP from PS.

• While in cat form, if I then hit the bear power shift macro, I will lose the +AP from PS.

• If I then power shift back into cat form, I regain the +AP from PS.

1 Like

Blizzard ignoring this so it just goes away.

This is absolutely appalling.

1 Like

I am so tired of Blizz’s ‘communication’ standards. They and it are so pathetic I can’t even form the proper words. This has been a ridiculous ‘release’ of Classic. I laugh when I consider the idea of their (intentional) “not-a-bug” bug list, considering all the actual issues this game currently has. Who is actually working on this game right now (if anyone)? Can Blizz really not afford to spend more on this version, or at least in form of communicating? I really am disgusted by Blizz right now.

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, when I look around at the state of things this is actually the worst possible version of vanilla I could imagine. Everyone is acting like everything is hunky dorey, but this game is an absolute embarrassment and an insult to every dev who made this game back in 2004

To make this game work, you need a highly passionate and dedicated team working around the clock responding to the community. We haven’t gotten a blue reply at all in like what? 2 weeks?

And even then it was barely acknowledging a small handful of bugs, with no fixes or ETAs, while the list grows and grows by the hour

We’re being treated like second class citizens while all our sub money goes to support the retail game we forsake years ago

3 Likes

We have no communication from Blizz on this Druid tanking issue to date. I am about ready to throw in the towel on my tanking druid because I am fed up with swipe spamming 3 targets at least 2x and then dps strips them off me as though the targets were never touched by me.

I am consistently losing agro to single target even after I am given enough time to maul twice before dps starts in. When running tiny threat meters, I am not seeing the proper threat increase as it should between white hits and mauls / swipes.

I understand bear threat just fine, have all the right talents in place for added threat, etc, but can’t hold a candle to keeping threat no matter what I do.

3 Likes

I feel your pain.
It’s beyond frustrating.

Something just isn’t right with threat generation and it being permanent on mobs if that makes sense. Just feels it’s a fleeting thing instead of a debuff or w/e

1 Like

‘But don’t worry, we are working around the clock on development and are going to be releasing a NEW MOUNT for BFA soon. Available to you in the cash shop!’

This should calm the player base down and make them happy while making us money, right? ~Blizzard logic.

1 Like

Recently noticed that my buff will randomly drop off. MoTW, Omen and Thorns just up and disappear. Thinking it has to do with that ridiculously random buff limit ever since i’ve gotten get with added affects like cirt, hit etc

1 Like

Thank you for your report Kittyn

You’re right, something does seem massively off with bear threat. When it comes to snap threat with things like maul, it seems okay for the most part. But auto attacks and swipe seem to cause almost zero threat. Everything except Maul seems to be pretty much useless for keeping agro.

Now let’s keep in mind that most players at this point aren’t even very geared and threat is a nightmare. This is where bears should have the most advantage, because we do great threat with only marginal gear. Without Feral Instincts, it is nearly impossible to hold agro without high attention being paid to evenly distribute threat, which is very tedious. Generally, a bear should have no problem holding agro on a 3 pack of mobs at all. Regular auto attacks + swipes should be enough. However, since neither seem to be causing correct threat, I find myself needing to weave mauls AS WELL which is ridiculous. Outside of raids, nobody should be doing that much threat. Growl should only be used in egregious situations where a DPS nukes far too hard or has a long period of time to wail on a mob without any input from you.

But the real smoking gun is healers. Healing agro should be almost negated by thorns alone, but I’ve had mobs break off me and focused on them with auto attacks, which should be more than enough to peel them, only for them to stay stuck on healers.

But as another person said, it seems like it’s “temporary” almost as if the mob forgets threat over time. It could have to do with the 1.3 ranged modifier being off, it could be other class threat values being off. For example, I think rogues only do .7 threat for each point of damage.

Threat is an extremely complex mechanic, it could be so many things, and blizzard doesn’t seem like even putting the minimum effort into fixing anything, so I doubt these issues will EVER be resolved. We need hardcore testing from someone, and I’m going to admit that level of detail is pretty much beyond me. It would take multiple people multiple hours to start pinning down what the problem is, and even then it would likely be flatly ignored.

Usually bears do pretty decent dps with just autos. I’m not sure what my auto DPS is but id think around 200. I’m full prebis and I have trouble holding threat with 5/5 FI which is insane.

All I know is bears should get a default 1.3 threat in bear. With 5/5 FI this becomes 1.495.

Maul and swipe both have a 1.75 modifier. Here’s where I think the problem lies.

Mounts are getting additive bonuses instead of multiplicative. Carrot+gloves+spurs should result in a 218% movement increase but instead are giving 208%

Likewise, it makes sense that there are doing the same for bear threat. Something is off with the multipliers. So a 500 maul should be doing (5001.4951.75) = 1,308 threat.

I have no idea maybe I’ll try to dive deeper but this issue is so complex I would need research to continue further without talking out of my as s

and as it stands blizzard doesn’t care about anything I said or they would’ve said something so why bother. my account is already canceled

Edit:

God, I didn’t even bring up the rage issues I’m having in bear. It ping pongs from literally no rage generation to UNLIMITED rage generation in raids or hard hitting mobs. It seems completely tuned wrong. I find myself starved for rage so much that Omen is almost also a requirement to tank in dungeons.

as heart of the wild/ns spec even with FI I find myself so rage starved that it’s simply impossible to spare a maul sometimes. If growl is down there’s nothing you can do but watch in horror.

Rage seems to be a completely separate but relevant issue threat aside

2 Likes

Spot on Ravid.

Especially the rage starvation and sometimes just getting massive amounts of it for no reason.
I was HoTW but ended up going 11/35/5 and can honestly say without Omen of Clarity Druid tanking is just painful and impossible with the lack of correct rage generation AND Threat issues.

I’ve also found with tanking that im able to hold aggro on targets i havent targeted once but my main target will almost always run off if i select another target or for some unknown reason. It’s hard to explain and I wish I could record to show what i’m talking about :frowning:

ALSO any mobs with a knock back mechanic INSTANTLY lose your threat value and will run off to smash whoever is next on the aggro table. Happens in Strath on Barthilas, the Aboms alot!

1 Like

The only bug blizz has even acknowledged is losing noggenfogger buff while switching forms… Sadly not enough people play druid so this isn’t getting much attention.

Really wish the community manager would take this info back to devs and give us some real feedback. Are the devs even aware of these issues? What are they testing or doing about it?

I can’t for the life of me understand why Blizz is so silent on this very glaring issue and have ended up taking my frustrations out more on my groups and guild, basically telling DPS to stop jumping into the fight right as I pull, because our threat is broken!

I see plate tanks hold things a heck of a lot easier then Bear tanks even with DPS jumping right in at times.

No communication from Blizz makes me honestly feel like just stopping the sub all together because this is honestly a game breaking issue for Bear tanking which they refuse to acknowledge =(

1 Like

So we’re getting DM but still no bug fixes? Or even acknowledgment. Did they just shut down this project once they got the patches ready and are just going to flip a switch every month and collect our subs without investing anything back? ucking rediculous

3 Likes

This thread is probably on the verge of being deleted. It seems any discussion, back and forth, or suggested solutions that get into the nitty-gritty of the major bugs and differences between Classic and Vanilla mysteriously get locked or disappear. They seem to be running from something.

3 Likes

Fix Noggenfogger / Mana Burn!

2 Likes

Absolutely. Since when does any mob with a knockback automatically drop all threat?

Bears aside, it must be literally impossible to tank whatsoever as a pally seeing as almost every dungeon in the game has some sort of threat drop mechanic

And even after they knock you back it is literally impossible for you to get agro back without taunt

It seems like they made the game trivally easy and then added a bunch of stupid mechanics in it to make it seem hard

I’ve got basically full prebis now and I notice pretty much no difference from when I fresh dinged 60 till now

When I first hit 60 without FI I kept being told how good at was at holding threat and I felt like I was doing an awful job. Which goes to show you that it is literally impossible for the average tank to hold threat. I’ve been playing vanilla for years and I know the game very well, that’s the only reason I can do a half way decent job

I can’t even imagine being a normal retail player with mobs just randomly running around and you unable to do anything

Hell, sometimes even pulling with a dense dynamite barely helps

Did a UBRS with a warrior tank and they had ZERO issues maintaining and holding aggro on 6+ mobs while im frantically trying to swipe and faerie fire everything thats getting peeled off by healer or dps thats hitting my main target.

I’ve got a heap of ‘bis’ gear that i swap out depending if i want max armour/ hp etc and to tell you the truth I see very little diff running at 65% damage reduction or just 50%.
My threat is still garbage even when running in dps gear to maximize AP/crit.

There IS something off about Druid’s and aggro/threat. There is also something definitely broken with rage generation when watching videos of other feral tanks on pservers having no issues.

PLEASE FIX THIS CLASS.

1 Like

Oh yeah dude I tanked one DME today on my druid and I was pretty much done. I wanted to log out forever. Such a pain in the as s, going from rage STARVED on small lasher packs, to unlimited rage when i pulled a big tree.

There was no rhyme or reason behind any of it. I’m not “tanking spec” but I’m not missing anything major, i have 4/5 FI and that’s all that should really matter.

I’ve thought about putting a bunch of work into a “threat set” but honestly it won’t matter, I already know it.

And some random sperg is gonna roll in here and say “lol private servers” but this is a legitimate issue.

I heard from Skarm, widely regarded as one of the best tanks in the world, that Swipe isn’t getting a threat multiplier on targets other than the primary. That could help explain it but honestly something seems flat out broken and I don’t even know where to begin trying to unravel this ball of yarn.

To be honest it seems like they gimped druids on purpose somehow to make warriors competitive in these early patches.

2 Likes

Exactly what i’ve noticed!
I had multiple baby lashers hitting me only generating 1 rage per hit. It’s like this with the rats/maggots in Strath aswell.
I’m 5/5 Feline instincts and tbh it make LITTLE difference.
Even with Omen of Clarity the procs are far and few between and i’m thinking to spec 2/2 Primal Fury to see if it legit helps with rage.
If i’m unable to generate enough threat to have mobs hit me to generate rage what difference would a few crits do right? -_-

Unless of course there’s supposed to be a new meta for feral tanks where we slap on crit and ignore the rest just to hold aggro and generate rage through that…

From all the issues i’m seeing from tanking 5 mans I sincerely doubt Druid’s are successfully tanking raid content without problems even decked out in pre/post raid bis.

Skarm has been oddly quiet about Druid tanks lately but was super hyped pre classic launch. Be nice if someone could make a comparison video between Pservers and the mess known as Classic.