The Big 3 - Leeway, Layering, & Spell Batching

Leeway is a retail thing. In your rush to be condescending you forgot to actually know what you are talking about first. Try again.

You’re the one who begged for “spell batching” to be added.

And now you complain.

You’re welcome.

“You think you do, but you don’t.”

Lol what happened to nochanges and wall of no

Keep spell batching and the rest can go. I like vanishing death coils. Thanks

Needs toned down slightly tho. smaller window…

The charge should have never happened. You’re not a “better player” because you ate the charge tf is that hahaha - you’re UNLUCKY because you ate the charge because you shouldn’t have.

Thank you for proving my point! Again!

The fact you don’t understand that polymorphing a warriors charge is actually good for you shows that you do not understand how the game works. I’ll try to explain.

If a warrior makes the mistake to charge at the end of your polymorph cast he will charge to you but once he reaches you he will be polymorphed. Now the warrior is in a full polymorph and can’t do anything while the mage has taken no damage and can freely walk away in order to start casting again, meanwhile, the warrior now is down one gap closer vs a counter match up.

As I said before, people that UNDERSTAND the game love the spell batching! You, cleary based on this

you’re UNLUCKY because you ate the charge because you shouldn’t have.

Do not understand the game so it’s easy to see why in your eyes you dislike it! Thank you!

Are you honestly this daft? This is incredible.

We aren’t just talking about charge. We are talking about any ability that can kill you like an EXECUTE.

So you’re saying is that as a Mage - it’s truly skill if you both get killed by the warrior and have the warrior Poly’d after you’re dead?

Are you even thinking about anything BUT charge?

You actually think it’s OK that if the warrior pressed a button AFTER your cast finished and both the execute and the poly went off at the same time - THANKS TO BATCHING - you’re the better player because you’re dead?

TF am I even reading? Jesus Christ, my guy. Think of other abilities that can KILL YOU besides charge, smh.

Spells are last in the batch. This means any ability that can KILL YOU is executed FIRST even if that command was received LAST.

That is the very definition of certain classes and abilities having the upper hand in batching.

Are you high, drunk or genuinely this slow?

If we just throw the baby out with the bathwater and just get rid of Classic altogether, we won’t have any of these problems, right?

This is not how it works.

A snapshot is taken of all player conditions at the start of the batch. As the batch runs, each activity in the batch is applied and the results calculated based on the start-batch conditions. Once the batch has run, the sum of all the actions are applied. Place in batch is irrelevant. Many classes have ways to cheese spell batching to their advantage. As a mage, it makes shatter combos possible. It was a mechanic in Vanilla that I used to my advantage. I’m sure other classes had ways to work it to their advantage as well.

Still find it hilarious, majority was all for spell batch till they actually see it/played with it.

Gotta deal with it now or play retail. Or just dont play wow at all.

This 100%

The only thing that needs serious addressing is leeway. Im 100% not looking forward to mage gameplay @ 60 if leeway is how it is currently. Imagine being able to melee me from further away than my CoC will hit with only 1pt or 0pt in arctic reach. Pretty troll

You guys know that to stop leeway you just stop moving for half a second. Then you can continue kiting without being hit.

See now THIS is what I’ve been wanting to know this whole time. Everyone keeps saying its bad, but no one would say whether it was there for vanilla or not and every time I asked, I was ignored.

We aren’t just talking about charge. We are talking about any ability that can kill you like an EXECUTE.

You are the person who used charge as an example, not me. After I prove you wrong you swap over to the ability execute but that’s okay I can prove you wrong with that too!

TF am I even reading? Jesus Christ, my guy. Think of other abilities that can KILL YOU besides charge, smh.

Charge can’t kill you, the ability does no damage.

You actually think it’s OK that if the warrior pressed a button AFTER your cast finished and both the execute and the poly went off at the same time - THANKS TO BATCHING - you’re the better player because you’re dead?

If you lose to a warrior as a mage in the first place then something is wrong. Secondly, yes if a warrior is in melee range and you polymorph while he executes you, you should die.

If a warrior is standing on top of you there are countless things you can do as a mage in order to get away, if you decide to stand still and hard cast a polymorph in the face of a warrior when you are low enough hp to die to an execute you SHOULD die, regardless if you get the polymorph or not.

The only scenarios you can think of when spell batching is “bad” are scenarios in which you miss play, in which case spell batching has nothing to do with the outcome rather your lack of skill.

That is the very definition of certain classes and abilities having the upper hand in batching

You even contradict yourself.

Spells are last in the batch.

If all spells are in the last batch then no spell has “the upper hand.”

Yet another example of how subpar players do not understand spell batching and how good players understand it and use it to their benefit, thank you!

1 Like

No. In my initial post I had already stated spells are below other abilities. Then in my 2nd post I explained charge was just an example. I used English so maybe you don’t understand the context, and that’s fine, but I did nod to more than 1 ability. You either didn’t read it, didn’t understand it or are being willfully ignorant for the sake of argument.

There is zero accounting for any amount of skill in regards to execution order of abilities and spells because YOU don’t control batching order. You present how a fight SHOULD go down but in any sort of PvP outside of 1v1 duels expect the fight to be PvPPP where you get blindsided by class X as they are running by mounted and jump in to help a friend. No 2 fights are the same.

It’s an incredibly dense and disingenuous argument to not account for the unknown - or in this case the KNOWN unknown since we know it can happen even to the best of players unless you use hacks to see through the environment.

And all abilities aren’t “spells”. Melee abilities are above spells in batching execution. You know exactly what “spells” means, don’t try to stupefy your own argument or pretend you’re dumb. That don’t work.

Any time a spell and non-spell enter the same batch - no matter if the spell was received first - the ability will always trigger before the spell. Full stop.

You can’t change this. This is how Blizz said it works. Why are you so incessant on arguing against what Blizz says? Seriously - this is from Blizz on how they tuned batching. Why is this so difficult to understand? It’s like you’re purposefully plugging your ears yelling LALALALALA because you don’t want to believe what Blizz says.

TLDR; You don’t address my argument because you know I’m right and so does Blizzard and that’s they are keeping spell batching. Have fun in classic after I vanish your death coil and kill you! :blush:

Come on man. You don’t understand spell batching. Position in the batch is of no relevance whatsoever. Repeat - position in the batch is of no relevance.

Conditions are frozen at the start of the batch. All the processes in the batch are executed against the initial conditions. The results are determined for each process and they are cumulatively applied to each character at the end of the batch. Position in the batch is NOT RELEVANT. That is how spell batching works. Follow the logic and do some mind experiments with various scenarios and you will see how this gives the results we can see.

Ooooh I get it now. You’re an edgelord. Yikes!

That’s not the case when conditions that would apply at the start of the batch which would stop another ability - doesn’t. Even Blizz says this that even though a spell can apply X it happens AFTER priority to melee attacks.

Blizz changed the priority list from BFA to Classic to emulate the batching priority of Vanilla - which placed spell effects last. It’s why 2 mages can poly each other and 2 warriors can charge each other.

The priority of spells were moved to the bottom.

You describe current WoW batching, not Classic WoW. They are different. Blizz even gave examples in the Sticky to show how melee attacks are executed in the same batch before spells do. You’ll still get the spell off, but only after the melee attack is applied even if the attack entered the batch after the spell.

If they changed it due to feedback then I missed the new batching sticky but I would have remembered seeing a 2nd batching sticky go up.