The bean counters win again

Edit- I am happy to say this post did not age well. Good job blizzard.

Shadowlands releasing this soon feels rushed. I have a feeling someone made an analysis of what is going to benefit Blizzard the most for the final quarter of the year and drive up the most amount of time played. Considering covid 19 and any possible restrictions getting lifted later this year + the impact that holidays have on game time/raiding/World First Race, it just made the most financial sense to release it at that time. If there are bugs whatever. Dont care. If players dont like it. Whatever dont care. They will still get paid from all the pre orders and subs people already paid for.

And they will have great play time numbers to present to their investors

Edit:
Also coming out later this year after Shadowlands that Blizzard does not want to compete with:

-PS5 & New XBox and their launch games
-Cyberpunk
-New FFXIV content
-Actuvision/Blizzard earnings calls shortly after the game releases

19 Likes

Feels rushed?

The current state of beta is BROKE and ain’t nothing a month of cranking on it can fix.

15 Likes

New World is getting too much buzz, gotta rush dev cycle to beat them.

6 Likes

Cyberpunk is also coming out later in November. They probably want to get the headlines before that also.

4 Likes

I was hoping they would delay until late Jan / early Feb. Monk is completely bugged and next week they plan to change more things. I like that they are now working on monk, but would enjoy if monk didn’t launch with 50bugs in MW alone.

Just wish they would take their time.

9 Likes

Stop watching Bellular and Asmongold.

34 Likes

OHHH there it is! I forgot about cyberpunk!

2 Likes

I can only speak for myself regarding Cyberpunk.

But if it came between playing Shadowlands Launch or playing Cyberpunk? I’m playing Cyberpunk.

12 Likes

Yea alot of us are on that boat. I think Blizzard knows this also

I don’t think Asmon or Belluar have been pushing the narrative Shadowlands is unfinished.

Asmons only concerns about Shadowlands are the impact Covenants will have on puging.

2 Likes

Maybe ion should start watching them and the game wouldn’t be in such a garbage state.

7 Likes

What a bunch of negative people in this thread.

8 Likes

These are economic predictions and facts. I am looking at it from a realistic perspective of accounting and marketing.

1 Like

I’m very inclined to agree with the OP’s statement.

Nothing I’ve seen on the beta in my month-plus of being able to play on it gives me any indication that this expansion is even remotely close to being ready for an October 27th release whatsoever.

2 Likes

Almost like… a business would do?

5 Likes

Yes indeed.

Nobody should have to watch those IDIOTS. And I actually watched Bellular back before he turned into a drama queen.

7 Likes

New World just looks like a mass PvP brawl with everything else being inconsequential. Every single promo video they put out circled back to “Claim land, build it up, PvP over it”, despite the different videos being intended to explain different parts of the game. And it’s not like there were 3 promos. There’s like 8. Every single one does it.

I fully expect it to have a hyped release followed by irrelevance within a year.

3 Likes

he did used to be good before everything was turned into clickbait
Hes really gone down hill

1 Like

Oh boy, archage p2w round 2!

I haven’t been following it really, just popped up a bit recently.