The authentic ret experience

every pal these days: “Why cant we be the top in every spec…SO UNFAIR…Why should we be forced to bring any other class to MY PAL RAID” lol.

3 Likes

The blue post was perfectly written.

Holy and prot are both insanely OP… they cant have it all ffs.

3 Likes

Nah dude, every ret complainer here is so obviously a world first raider.

If youre a ret and are worried about a raid spot, I’ve got one for you.

Stand in the back and keybind DI so we don’t have to walk back in the event Ulduar is moderately challenging.

It’s RP, a favorite of all Ret Paladins, and you can even macro it to yell “Light be with you!”.

so you mean to say that this entire thread is a complaint that ret isn’t the best dps in the game? even though its already well represented and boasting higher representation than classes that outperform it on the meters?

ret cant have everything darling.

What are you talking about? I have never once said Ret should be the highest DPS spec. I haven’t seen a single Ret say that. I’ve only said that Paladins have a single DPS spec, and it sucks that we are comparable to frost mages and BM Hunters. Both those classes have fantastic alternatives if they actually want to play DPS at a competitor level.

Further, there are ample logs showing that Ret is not close to the most played DPS spec. that Isn’t up for debate, it’s just data. So sick of uninformed people existing

1 Like

does it matter? are rets unable to clear content?

you need to reread what i said. i didnt say it’s the most played, i said its more represented than classes that outperform it, like elemental shaman. so no sweetie, you’re the misinformed one.

Yeah, because Enh shamans are Stier right now, so people who want to play with An eye towards more dmg would play that…

Most Hunters I know prefer MM, but Surv logs immensely outweigh it. Your point makes no sense. Of course Ret would have more logs as DPS, it’s the only spec you can do so as Paladin….

1 Like

The crying that is going on in this thread. Accept that ret will be bottom to middle of the pack and move on. If you want balanced dps retail is that way.

I played shaman in TBC but moved to holy pallie as shaman turned garbo. It is what it is!

nope, you just dont like to hear it. ret is more represented than classes doing more damage than it. why on earth would they buff ret? that makes no sense and thats why they already told you no. you just cant handle being told no.

1 Like

Sounds good.

They made a blue post telling ret paladins to stop complaining. Not that they care about ret paladins lol.

2 Likes

So would you think it reasonable to tweak fury damage to not scale to their togc equivalent until togc?

The facts are the facts here. I understand you’ve a fundamental lack of understanding as to what the argument is, but you aren’t arguing against the point that’s being made. This is called a non-sequitur.

You stated that no other class has received buffs. The ilvl increase is a very direct buff to fury warriors above all others due to the way that they scale. Your statement therefore was wrong.

If you’d like more evidence please review the current simulations for phase 2 versus phase 2 with the ilvl increase. There is a github site that lays out all of the class damage up to phase 2+ (ilvl increase)that draws from the bis theorycrafted gear and the existing github simulators.

Though I doubt you’ll concede - I will accept your apology regardless.

3 Likes

The non-ret paladin paladin holier-than-thou in this thread (and others). If 3.3.5 had nerfed Holy or Prot into the ground because of a set bonus only available 12 months from now, there would be a ton of complaints.

The lack of solidarity from the player base here is telling. Not a single serious poster asking for a review has asked for anything other than to be competitive with the bottom half of the charts (currently bottom, simming 20% below feral). I have seen no posts asking to top meters. The straw-manning in these threads is absolutely bananas.

9 Likes

considering most of the vocal people in these forums are edgy twitch users

Seeing pepehands crying here because he “didn’t know” is Darwinism at its finest.

Thanks for instantly proving my point. Y’all are cringe. People see these threads directed at Blizzard and could just pass them by, but no, you have to come in here and be angry about something that doesn’t affect you at all.

4 Likes

Don the Dress.

Theory crafting and iLvl changes have nothing to do with The Authentic Ret Paladin Experience.

…neither does a Fury Warrior.

No one gets an “Authentic Experience” on WOTLKC. You get what the patch gives you, and that’s it.

It’s okay to disagree with the patch we are on, the state of your spec, and how you feel about your Github sims for future phases. It’s also perfectly fine for me to disagree and let you know Ret is fine.

That’s the thing, neither of our opinions matter, and every post about Ret’s is just as worthless as posting about adding RDF.

The difference is Ret Paladins thought they could, but they couldn’t. Consider your strengths and weaknesses, and adjust your gameplay accordingly if it bothers you.

If Holy or Prot Paladins were nerfed, we would move to something more viable. That’s the difference between Tanks, Healers, and DPS. Tank and Healer players are important and do what’s best for the raid, while our Retribution brothers are still playing a self proclaimed “Bad DPS”.

If it’s really that bad you wouldn’t be playing it. (It’s okay to be last, someone has to be)

1 Like

You seem peculiarly passionate that Paladins have the most terrible DPS spec in the game. Will it please you once Sub Rogues surpass us? What is it you desire?

1 Like

Ret was nerfed over the course of Wotlk retail.
Classic launches with the end patch.
You chose this fate, its always melee andys who cry the loudest.

I’d swap if I could but I feel obligated to provide the 3% damage for the arcanes that have been spamming the same button for 2yrs.

1 Like