The Amani are worthy of respect

Elves are basically immortal so everyone alive when they first build their city was also alive when the Troll wars started.

what? The scourge killed 90% of all high elves. Arthas has shown us it is possible.

1 Like

No race is purley evil. that way of thinking is outdated. It stopped being possible when they redeemd the Eredar.

1 Like

No they weren’t.

Dath’remar, his son, and his son’s son were all dead by then.

There were entire generations of elves who had nothing to do with it. The oldest high elf we know of was literally a baby when Quel’thalas was founded.

Not to mention the trolls who live much shorter lives. Literally none of the trolls alive at the time of the Troll Wars were affected by it.

Dath’remar died during the scourge invasion.

Alright, that’s enough. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. For awhile I was wondering if you were just a very dedicated troll or if you truly believed the nonsense you spew, but at this point it’s clear you’re just trolling.

2 Likes

If it was retconned then due to trying to absolve the elves of their numerous unforgivable crimes.

Are you saying Trolls don’t count as people with feelings and agency? Sounds hella racist. typical elf talk if you ask me. Never even trying to look in the mirror.

Trust me Amani fans are just as dedicated as the high elf fans in their mission to get them playable eventually. We will not stop any time soon if Blizzard ever resoves the issue.

That is a literal problem today, with native groups vs governments

2 Likes

The Amani are not currently and have never been under Quel’thalas’ government. The high elves never attempted to rule over the Amani.

1 Like

They took all land and left them in the dirt. Just because you are poor and on the run doesn’t mean anyone is forced to help you in your struggle.

Ooo and addendum to this thought

You could have the Rendorei and Queldori trying to but into this both to justify Alliance character involvement and to get a dressing down from the Trolls.

Who could point out that the Quel’Dori were just as vicious and barbaric as the Amani but hid their savagery under a veneer of refinement.

Because in the Sylvanas novel it’s shown Farstriders mutilate Troll corpses for trophies they show off to their kids. Which really stands out in my memory because later Sylvanas is like beyond disgusted the Amani lopped off an elf’s head and put it in his lap and I’m going;

Didn’t you ask for troll ear necklaces as a kid? And they’re the savages?

And it was actually such blatant hypocrisy I thought it was going to come up later. Like once Sylvanas is undead and now also considered a monster to be slain on sight she’d kinda think about how absurd it was to consider the Amani monsters for doing the same ish she did. And maybe that factors in to her approaching the Horde.

But no never comes up. So we could revisit that missed opportunity. Which I think would be better served up by the Zandalari as they’re the setting’s pinnacle of imperial opulence.

Idk it’d be funny if Talanji spent a night in Silvermoon and was appalled at the peasant level thread count of their silk linen and poor quality gold ornaments.

3 Likes

Knowing Blizzard, they’d make her marvel over everything in Quel’Thalas and describe Zandalari’s glory as paltry by comparison.

I give even odds on the Amani either being an allied race in Midnight, or embracing the Void in one final, desperate bid to destroy the elves. Heck, maybe Void Trolls for an Allied Race, if there’s a group that goes, “You know what? Thousands of truths include the ones where fighting for generations over land we were never even using is dumb.”

Stop being a european colonizer for just 5 minutes please.

1 Like

God I hope not. Dazar’Alor is a genuine work of art. They really knocked it out of the park with that city.

Boralus is great too. It’s perfect for what it is; a surely port city where there’s clearly a lot of dark ish going on just out of sight. It nails this vibe and is one of my favorite cities because of it.

But Dazar’Alor is one of my favorite spots in the game. It is truly the Eternal City. Masterworks of goldsmith and architecture blend seamlessly with jungle wilderness.

It’s El Dorado by way of Jurassic Park. Plus c’mon. That music is too good;

They have an elemental made of bling.

2 Likes

If you want an actual roman empire the gorian ogres got you covered.

Genuinely Orgrimmar kind of reminds me of Rome. It gets painted as some sterile monument to art and philosophy in the popular imagination but the graffiti we uncovered in Pompeii suggests it resembled New Orlean’s French Quarter more than DC or Paris.

Tell me you can’t see this being about Orgrimmar with some minor changes;

1 Like

The oldest we know of was his mother who died during the Third War.

1 Like

Anasterian ruled for 3k years.

And literally every other elf we know of is younger than that. Most of the current cast of elves weren’t even alive in the troll wars.

If they were regularly living for that long then there would be a lot more of them that were that old. Especially among the royal family since royal families usually live longer than the average person.