The Amani are NOT the good guys

[Citation needed]

3 Likes

Citation for what?

The high elves never started a war with the trolls. There generally aren’t citations for things that didn’t happen.

The Amani did literally nothing you could not place at the feet of the Night elves in WC3.

Were they supposed to enjoy the Arathi and Nelves expanding into their lands? Be happy that the proto-KT nuked their cities?

2 Likes

Well this would be the citable thing.

2 Likes

The big firestorm they summoned was in Alterac Fortress that was being sieged by trolls. Which was in Arathi land, not Amani land.

They didn’t nuke troll cities.

K then the Elves should’ve left once the Amani explained their land claims.

2 Likes

When are you referencing?

If the Night Elves’ hostility was okay because they were no konger hostike after the situation was explained, then the High Elves’ should’ve also stopped fighting and left once the Amani explained the situation: it was their land.

2 Likes

I understood your point already. My question, which wasn’t answered, was when did the Trolls explain that? What point in time are you referencing?

They… talk about it constantly.

But when did they specifically tell the High elves?

Yes, but the point in time it first came up is going to be relevant to my response.

The initial migration of the High Elves from Tirisfal to the north was quite rough, they were almost wiped out by a blizzard. And they were attacked upon their initial arrival. And these are two races who speak different languages. I have never seen lore that the Trolls explained the situation at that that time, in-fact the lore seems to indicate the contrary, that they attacked on sight due to racial prejudices that none of the living Trolls had actually experienced. And we know the High Elves were unaware of the significance of where they settled as well.

Hence why I ask when it actually was explained. We have modern communication after thousands of years, yes. But I wouldn’t really expect them to move civilizations a third time if they’d been there a hundred years or something.

Maybe there was immediate explanation. But I certainly haven’t see the lore on that. Or when it actually took place.

By the time of the troll wars the high elves were native to Quel’thalas. Their race and culture was unique to that location and they had been there for generations. That people constantly defend the Amani trying to wipe out the elves over some ancient land claims is absurd.

2 Likes

guys, we’re helping the arathi exterminate you but you CANT HIT BACK (omg they hit back)

7 Likes

Chronicles literally says the elves were too stubborn to leave, so they definitely knew.

The elves did not make an alliance with the Arathi until after the trolls laid siege to Quel’thalas. What are you even talking about?

they plopped down the sunwell but tbf they should have maybe checked that they actually were doing it in an actually unoccupied zone beforehand.

(and then of course pushed southward into specifically, unambigiously Amani space)

1 Like

Stubborn in spite of being attacked, yes. Doesn’t really denote the Trolls explaining anything. Which was my entire distinguishing factor.

We know Dath’remar left Tirisfal and the humans because Chronicle says he had no wish to war with people who posed no threat to his kind.

If the Trolls took the time to explain, I’d be a lot more sympathetic.

Weren’t the helves being attacked by Amani while they were still pushing further into Amani territory to pick a perfect spot to found Quel’thalas?

3 Likes

They were invading Amani lands at the same time the Arathi were before this.

They were claiming the Amani empire’s capital before the troll wars even kicked off. You do realize why claiming the lands around ZA for themselves would have provoked a fight, yes?

5 Likes