The Amani are NOT the good guys

As I’ve pointed out the story of Gilneas from the Worgen and Forsaken isnt so much

True from a certain perspective

But

These events cannot have happened in the same universe”.

And sometimes it’s just comical. I have never seen the Horde go as hard as they did in Brennadam. And the kicker was Sylvanas didn’t even tell them to kill everybody. That was just love of the game.

I do genuinely wonder if at some point the idea was to have N’Zoth screwing with our perceptions. Because they actively encouraged us to play both storylines with achievements and mount rewards.

Which, if it were leading up to some twist reveal, would have been cool. But instead it was just an incoherent story.

Like I’d wondered what the hell the Vulpera had done for the Alliance to just start torching them. And that just doesn’t happen Blueside. You scare them off is all.

6 Likes

There’s a huge disparity between Alliance Vulpera Death Squads and “oh we just scared the little critters away!” And that’s a huge problem when we start to dissect any two or more sided conflict.

Look no further than the “we were securing Kalimdor for the Horde” vs Kaldorei genocide arguments.

2 Likes

Hitting the nail on the head. Never in the entire Alliance BfA campaign did I get the impression that the average Horde soldier was as tired of war as Saurfang. The countless Orc enemy NPCs in Stormsong Valley are complete fanatics (“WE are just the tip of the spear!”, “We WILL paint this continent red!”), while the Goblins with flame throwers spam “Burn! Burn! Burn!” while roasting people alive.

1 Like

The weirdest part is then you just sort out some Quilboar.

It’s just a weirdly brutal aside. And they’ve like dead women pinned to walls in front of their shrieking children.

Meanwhile in the war campaign the Horde accidentally does the Alliance a solid by killing corrupted Tidesages. And while Rexxar and Voss intimidate civilians they’re pretty particular about picking military targets.

The only Kul Tiran town you attack has an armored batallion in it. Pretty valid target. Don’t remember harpooning any moms.

6 Likes

Objective: Use the Valorous Harpoon on 12 Fleeing Civilians then return to Deathstalker Commander Eval Badvibes in Stormsong Valley.

4 Likes

I’ve read it, and I can agree with your description when speaking of the conflict and story as it regards to the High Elves and Amani. They are not colonizers in the dastardly, systemic, imperialistic ambitions that are described but they have colonized the land. At least some of those who came to colonized lands were refugees themselves.

That, still, is not what Im referring to and is a different conversation when I speak of those who revived this conversation, already debated ad nauseam, to the point of discussing merits of titan constructs having claim on Azeroth territory as ‘first inhabitants.’ Its those who suggest that peoples, even in a fantasy genre, should be wiped out and gone for good, an entire nation or peoples offer nothing, or just anything to kill more of them. This isnt the only thread we see this behavior either, just the one that has really caught the attention. It is defending the practices of colonization and advocating for further systemic removal of a people. Particularly a people who does not only have rights to the land we’re talking about, but who have been shown time and again to be this ‘savage’ and ‘uncivilized’ race that must be put down in accordance to other ‘higher’ societies in similar ways and relations that we see in history. It is choosing these nations for plot that needs a critical look.

3 Likes

Haha the vibes were off with that guy. I think he was evil.

As Forsaken names go that one’s a banger.

2 Likes

Revantusk suck. They are even weaker then the Darkspear. People who first got introduced to the original Horde want Amani.

Brutal, but in a clumsy way. Let me illustrate this by referencing the music. This theme

is a direct throwback to the Horde leitmotif from Warcraft 2, but it’s much more lowkey, and almost comical in context of the quest. Because the Orcs and Goblins attack Brennadam, throw some spears against the walls, and then they wait for the Alliance hero to show up and save the civilians just in the right moment, underlined by the pretty long dramatic suspense of the flutes. The Horde here isn’t just meant to be brutal, but also incompetent, like the Saturday morning cartoon villain holding an absurdely long evil speech before trying to finish off the hero, and obvioulsy failing because of that.

People who hate the Amani also hate native americans.

Why is it always Warlocks and Death Knights on the forums who have these kinds of takes?

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm.

It’s not. Despite his character avatar, he’s a hardcore Troll ethnonationalist who wants to kill all Titanborne species (cause colonizers). He also wants to forcefully resettle all Blood Elves to Ashenvale.

I just don’t see why not liking trolls, fictional bloodthirsty (literally) villains is equivalent to not liking Native Americans (real people).

3 Likes

It’s Not. Trust me. Titanborn races need to be removed .

They aren’t villains. They just want their land back.

Because it is their original homeland.

People will literally take the genocidal and spiteful Amani Trolls over the friendly, diplomatic Revantusks.

See what I’m saying, Irenaeus?