The Amani are NOT the good guys

Okay, sure. I can see where you’re coming from.

But a basic acknowledgement that what you’re claiming is headcanon and not official lore then has to be accepted. For example, as a roleplayer I don’t like the idea that for whatever reason all humans revere the Light as their ‘church’ style deity. I look at the real world for example and I see a ton of different religions and so all humans having a single church religion doesn’t sit right with me.

So as part of the roleplay I’ve created for my characters, I’ve created a pantheon of other gods and goddesses, each with their own powers, beliefs, spheres of influence etc.

But that’s not canon, so I can’t sit here and argue with everyone that ‘humans worship more than one god in a church setting’ as if that was actually happening within the canon lore. That idea is entirely made up. Likewise when someone pulls an assumption out of thin air, that’s all it is, an assumption, it’s not officially supported.

Unfortunately there are folks on this forum who have pushed their assumptions as if they’re canon.

2 Likes

I mean, making up deities in a world where certain cosmic and divine beings are actually physically present - seems like a weird and not very human thing to do.

But I may be the weird human.

Imagine suddenly meeting God in person, and then be like: “Nah man - have you heard about this other guy I just made up? He is you, but not you!”

Then again, in a world where divine beings are physically there - are we more likely to theorize what other divine beings there might be then?

I mean that’s literally what humans have done since we’ve existed.

There are hundreds, literally hundreds of deities that humans have worshipped at some point or another. A book I have at home lists only a portion of them, from the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse/Germanic and Celtic pantheons and that number comes to 164 (39 Greek, 21 Roman, 28 Celtic, 37 Norse/Germanic and 39 Egyptian Deities).

And that’s not even touching on the pantheons of ancient China, the deities of various African cultures (like Anansi) or South American cultures (like Chaac). I’m sure there are also hundreds of others that have simply been forgotten. Worshipped for a time, but then the humans who worshipped that god or goddess died out and all records of that god or goddess were lost. We’ll never actually know exactly how many gods or goddesses have been revered by humans since we began worshipping deities as a species.

So the idea that humans in a fantasy setting wouldn’t do the exact same thing depending on cultural differences doesn’t really sit right. But again, even though I can change that for my characters roleplay and make it my personal headcanon, I can’t argue that it’s official canon because I see it that way.

Revantusk are better.

2 Likes

Not exactly; while they were just a border nuisance to Azshara, Ravencrest has some tactical treatises on trolls in-game (Zandalari - The True Enemy and Jungle Warfare: The Troll Problem) that suggest the night elf soldiery (which in that age meant the traditional nobles) “on the ground” so to speak actually engaging the trolls in battle were taking the threat a bit more seriously up until she compelled the Zandalari to make the other empires cease hostilities. Basically the night elves would decisively win every major skirmish once they’d call in the Moonguard and other mage divisions, but the trolls seemed still able to put up a fight against the regular army right up until the firebolts started flying.

2 Likes

For the sake of the argument, let’s say I agree with this. (I don’t, but let’s say I do.) Let’s say we agree that a group of Amani could go into Night Elf territory and establish a settlement and Azshara wouldn’t care. Fine. What does that prove? Does it give the High Elves the right to take the Amani’s land?

Remember, my position is that neither side is 100% right and neither side is 100% wrong in this situation. It’s actually a pretty good example of “morally grey” writing.

1 Like

Amani are the best you heretic.

They’re very painfully obviously evil. But they’re ‘ingigenously coded’ or some nonsense so certain self loathing individuals tend to cheer for them.

I mean christ even their mount descriptions go on about how they abuse their animals.

Spoken like a true alliance henchman. I hope your family is ashamed of you. Go to Stormwind and lick Anduin’s boots while you are at it.

Erevien, please for the love of god take your medication. (Not insulting him, he actually has issues and actually needs to take it for his schizophrenia and I know for a fact he hasn’t been despite his friends and family trying to get him to).

If you are an enemy of the Horde you belong to Stormwind. Because all the filthy traitors who made peace with the Alliance will die eventually. The entire Horde council is guilty of this. They need to be eredicated and be replaced with people who are willing to make Anduin and Jaina pay for what they did to Trolls all over Azeroth.

Wait, where’s the segue in your argument? You said the night elves would react the same way, I gave you two examples where the trolls were just tolerated without problems because the position of hate toward the other side is more with the trolls than with the night elves.

1 Like

The night elves brought ruin to the formerly grand troll civilization. So it is only right if we return the favor and make sure they can never stand up again.

The question of what Night Elves would do if Amani trolls moved onto their land with intent to establish their own kingdom came up in response to Zerde. He said the trolls attacked the Highborne just for being in their territory, therefore that was “warmongering,” and therefore the Amani were in the wrong. He didn’t explicitly say that meant the Highborne were justified in going on to settle on the Amani’s land, but I got the feeling he was implying that.

My point was that the Amani attacked the Highborne because the Highborne/Night Elves were their hereditary enemies who had a habit of taking their land. I made the case that the enmity went both ways and that the Night Elves would have behaved in a similar manner—which you have disagreed with. But even if the Night Elves would behave differently, that doesn’t change the fact that the Amani had a very reasonable cause to be alarmed at the sight of a group of magic-wielding Night Elves (Highborne) coming into their territory.

2 Likes

Considering that the amani are an enemy of the Horde.

I guess they too belong to Stormwind.

AMANI MUSCLE TROLLS PLAYABLE FOR ALLIANCE!

Honestly, Trolls kinda suck in general.

Lanky and boney.
Hunchback.
Tusks too large to be realistically supported by their lithe frame. Their necks would snap in half.
Racist caricatures of afro-indigenous/Caribbean people.
Stupid heel toenail.

Why do people even like trolls?

1 Like

It’t not a matter of “you needed that” and more of “I felt like sharing that”. Don’t get it twisted.

The Amani trolls are collectively a cartoon villain placed in the game to be the antagonist force for the players to defeat. You can sympathise with them all you want due to your own biases but it doesn’t change the point of these characters from a narrative and gameplay perspective.

You completely missed the main point of my post about how people on average won’t change their minds just because you expose them the “hard facts” about something.

Because they are the original inhabitants of lordaeron. They deserve to kill all the humans and elves and take their land back by force.

Stop sharing white supremacy propaganda. The trolls are not villains.

It’s kind of white supremacy to want to commit genocide on every other race in the world so only the master race remains, isn’t it?

I’m not saying the trolls are. You are.

2 Likes