The Account Wide Ignore Coming 9.1.5

Any chance or talk of this becoming something on the forums or translating to the forums?

I wouldn’t count on it. The forums are a third party product that is character based. It was not designed to group individual characters and their settings together at a higher, account, level.

3 Likes

Well the reason I ask is I believe I remember reading something about how it was in the works.

They’ve been saying that for years, but it’s up to the forum developer and I don’t think it’s something that many of their customers require as most forum products are character based.

In any event, the forum blues are not authorized to make product upgrade “pre-“announcements. That has to come from marketing or the developer sides of the shop.

1 Like

I don’t know how feasible it would be based on the current functionality of the forums. It might be something that can be done at some future point, but based on my understanding that will likely not be possible until some significant changes to the backend happen.

Yes and no. All of our other games simply use BattleTags, which would have been easier, but it wasn’t how the World of Warcraft forums traditionally worked. So, there was significant work done to allow the World of Warcraft forums to allow players to post on their individual characters, as they had with previous versions of the forums.

Who knows though, I’ve been surprised in the past, but any update schedule is entirely independent of game updates.

9 Likes

Gotcha, thank you very much!

2 Likes