The 5 node maps are bad (bg blitz)

Splits fights too much and causes healers to be too impactful due to smaller fights.

Also the speed at which the nodes reset just doesn’t work for the 5 node maps

2 Likes

I agree, DWG and Arathi in Blitz are inferior products to their normal modes. My primary complaint is that fighting is disincentivized in favor of CC capping. Takes a lot longer to kill someone than put them in a 4 second CC to ninja the base. This skews node contests in favor of Rogues or whatever class has the most 4+ second CC or anti-CC mechanics.

Additionally, DWG is so damn big the 45 second timer isn’t adequate. By the time you get to a new base, you have like 10 seconds to fight before you need to turn around and go cap the base you came from. It’s often better to just wait out the invulnerability timer.

1 Like

Personally think eots is the worst.

Currently you can win in ~ 3 minutes just grabbing the two active bases and never touching the flag.

They should really swap the mechanics:

Eots all 4 active but with timers; dwg/ab rotate which ones are active (3/5 or 4/5) but can be stolen.

I don’t know, just spitballing that last idea. Eots format is way flawed atm.

1 Like

Flag maps are the only genuinely fun maps imo. for blitz

1 Like

I don’t mind EotS using the flag as a comeback mechanic

I do agree AB and DWG should only have 3 bases active for 16 people

That’s the thing - it’s not.

If you rush the 2 active bases in the beginning, you can win just holding them for around 3 minutes without ever capping the flag.

And the other team can’t cap because they have no active bases, and bases only become active/swap when the flag is capped.

Current best practice should be send 3ish mid as distraction, 1/2 to your base and the other 3-5 to their base and take it then defend and gg.

To add: capping the flag is at that point detiemental to your score since you need to go cap the next two bases to continue getting points. The flag is more of a distraction than anything in the current format.

1 Like

It is, you just gotta cap 1 base first .-.

Mid is definitely a trap

Better to just go for bases the entire time

4 Likes

Yes.

What I’m saying is if you just grab both that’s gg. Other team can’t do anything.

That’s not a good mechanic. It’s too easy to do.

Winning in 3 minutes bc you grabbed the only 2 active bases is bad.

The flag is then useless for both teams. Team with both bases wins slower by capping. Team with none can’t cap and now loses.

It’s silly how easy it is now.

Grab 2 and defend and you win within 5 total minutes, no flags ever needed.

Capping is bad because you’d lose your 2 bases and cap points don’t outweigh the points for just holding bases.

I swear bg blitz would be the most fun mode ever if it was only twin peaks and WSG.

Same spec tank on either side.

Send it.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the fast games from taking both bases, because enemy team still has a comeback chance by taking 1 tower and capping 1 flag

I also prefer fast wins versus something like Gilneas, where you can get 2 flags, never push the third, and just win slowly

Or no tanks and go. I like it either way. CTF current best. Sad bc I also love domination maps but they’re currently not implemented well.

Nah I like tanks in the FC maps.

I would play tank in the mode if you only got flag maps as a tank.

But I have 0 desire at all to be a tank on the other maps

I totally get what you’re saying, but it’s just not a good mechanic for two bases to ramp the score so fast at this time.

And it’s so easy to spin a base for the 3 minutes needed to win.

I spun solo vs 2 as a mage just rotating ice lance and then blasting them off (mage tower).

Rop on the flag, most aoe, etc and it’s gg too fast.

Eots flags should be the ones on timers so then you have to try and cap the flag to win.

Basically the current format disincentivizes mid and capping the flag. The format of bases only swapping when the flag is capped incentivizes just getting 2 bases and gg.

It is an overpowered mechanic, but what’s not overpowered is people not realizing this and treating it like a random where everyone zergs the mid. :rofl:

How about we put BfG in here too. Unlike AB/DWG, it’s small enough to work well for Blitz.

I’ll say WSG/TP/BfG = S tier and SSM = A tier. EotS and ToK are somewhere in the middle and AB/DWG can suck it. :rofl:

2 Likes

At this point, Kotmogu is the only Bg I really love

It’s the only one where all objectives are centralized, meaning you can have influence over each objective almost at the same time.

In CTF maps, you can only influence either defense or offense at one time. In node maps, you have to drift to a node of your priority. But in Kotmogu, everything that’s important is normally within ~60 yards of you.

I also like how it’s one of the most kill-heavy maps, instead of the CC-and-Spin metas that come from node maps.

DWG and AB maps are too big for this and the base lockout is too short.
By the time you get to the next base the one you left is unlocked.
It is most efficient to sit at a flag and recap. That is basically guarding a base which is something they said they didn’t want.

Until all tanks are created equal for holding flags, I would rather not have them on flag maps. Honestly, I would rather not have them either way. I feel like they slow the pace of the game down unnecessarily by just being tanks with a flag, and provide little else while they’re not doing that. They also limit who can carry the flag. The new flag buff is great, but you don’t get it if you have a tank in your group. Sorry tanks.

1 Like

So…if one team grabs two bases…instead of flag…this sounds like a hypothetical situation where the other team sucks and has no
Ability to counter…it’s even across the board. Everyone has the ability to cap nodes and
Leave flag. Everyone will struggle with only have 45 second node capping in dwg. It’s not like things in blitz create an imbalance so only one team has a chance to win. Everything equally sucks for both teams! It’s the blizz way

There’s always that player who insist on capping the flag ASAP.