The 10.2.6 Content Update Arrives March 19

Hey cool, a secret patch that isn’t secret for over half your player base because you can’t manage a global release like every other MMO out there.

Failures.

1 Like

Maybe this one will be spotless, snd the Hearthstone event fell through the cracks to get it perfect.

I doubt it though.

Single mom Blizzard and her zoomer children. Sitting inside an institution, complaining that the institutions are reprehensible.

Nu-Blizzard is demonstrably bad at making “limited time events” and their writing is awful. Zero faith in this one.

2 Likes

Hope more info is actually coming. Y’all really dropped the ball on telling us how the Hearthstone event actually worked (or was supposed to work) ahead of launch. We really do need to know when, where, and what ahead of time so we don’t miss out.

Total surprises only work well for content that isn’t time-limited.

3 Likes

This is getting a bit ridiculous with cutting the raid tiers a month short.

Mythic Sepulcher in Shadowlands S3 had 11 bosses and was the hardest raid tier they ever added.

With this raid tier, Mythic Tindral and Fyrakk are just brutal with the amount of one shotting raid mechanics. You have to play PERFECTLY for 7-9 minutes straight because one mistake literally blows up the entire raid.

2 Likes

I am disappointed. I feel tricked. If you say a development update, and usually post 7 hours earlier than you do, and when you finally do you do not give a development update. I feel tricked. I feel baited. Then to throw it in our face that you might miss out, and its limited time. IDK, does not feel good, and does not excite me. Just being honest. Love the game, but hate this secret stuff. Tell people whats coming, tell them when its coming, months or week ahead of time. Dont give it to people early. IDK whats hard about that, even from a logical standpoint.

With the picture being from the arena area in freehold i wonder if it will be some kind of pirate themed gurubashi style arena like a free for all.

For me that would be a big let down since i hate pvp

Blizz could come up with the greatest thing ever for the game and half the people would still complain abbout it.

I highly doubt it.

5 Likes

They have already said there are hot fixes coming for the current one and will be extending it 4 extra days and increasin the spawn times from 1 hour to 30 minutes

Probably right but doesn’t change the fact that if they could half of the people would still complain about it

1 Like

Time-limited already made my interest drop - doubly so if it is, in fact, something pirate-themed. Pirates aren’t really that interesting to me in the first place.

Not to mention since there was no PTR for this, and we all know how broken everything is even WITH PTR testing, I anticipate this to be equally as buggy as the Hearthstone event and a lot of the last patch was.

Definitely see why Blizz was radio silent on this; the reality isn’t nearly as exciting as all the hype the playerbase drummed up for themselves about it, and they know it.

3 Likes

Seems rushed and the messaging is weak/amateur. I wonder if the event will be bland as well? Does Blizzard have C and D teams now?

1 Like

Looking forward to an actual surprise. Keep em coming in the future blizz!

Blizzard: We found the cure for cancer!
Players: Well what about us folks with pneumonia, huh? Should we just go ahead and die?! Go to hell Blizzard, go to hell!

I think someone needs to explain what ‘content’ means to blizz…

3 Likes

Without expectations management I cannot envision this working no matter what the patch is. At least we’ll probably only have this attempted once if the fallout is as bad as I am expecting.

Well that’s the thing about it. Greatest thing ever is subjective. The unscheduled giant dragon invasion event currently ongoing is my “greatest thing ever” for WoW. But I’m sure there are many who disagree with that. Generally, player housing is the absolute top feature I’d love to see. But there are plenty who have different opinions.

So why are people angry about a surprise event? They want it to be a surprise. Which is why no details were given.

Because announcing it several months in advance with no details doesn’t really build interest let alone hype.

Especially when “Events” are basically like the hearthstone one where it’s just log in, tag mob, log out.

2 Likes

This.
Blizzard has already turned the wrong hype around Gilneas into a bad joke.
Now they’ve turned the upcoming patch into a secret, only to then say: “Here, have some more FOMO for your FOMO.”
Like wtf :joy:

2 Likes