That poll we did should be used for allied races too =D

I know this seems like a hot button debate but that recent poll was a very nice idea =D I enjoyed the community outreach it caused.
arguably more important then this upcoming us election xwx I’m joking but still, what if we did a poll for allied races?
Alliance and horde both vote separately and the most voted gets added into the game next =D

6 Likes

They’re not going to add sethrak into the game because average joe wouldn’t be able to tell male and female apart, though.

1 Like

interesting ontopic reply? oxo

Its not like there’s any other races to choose from.
Shadowlands doesn’t count, because these are souls of the dead people from all over the warcraft universe, and that blue dude from Bastion might as well been a tauren in his mortal live, they also need anima to exist, and anima doesn’t exist in world of the living.
So I don’t know how much more on topic I can possibly be.

I feel like one of two things would happen here:

1. We’d just get yet more elf races
  2. We’d get spammed with threads complaining they didn’t include elf races

I feel like Blizzard needs to spread the allied race love around a bit. Give some of the races we don’t have several variations of a chance in the spotlight.

8 Likes

As I posted in a previous topic, my idea for Allied Races going forward would be maybe for a 20th anniversary leadup having a pair from each expansion.

BC - Ogres/Broken
Wrath - Taunka/Tuskarr or Frenzyheart/Oracles
Cata - not many options so I guess Wildhammer/Dragonmaw
MoP - Jinyu/Hozen or some combo of Yaungol/Saurok/Klaxxi/Mogu
WoD - Arakkoa/Saberon
Legion - Eredar/Vrykul (not sure what options are left)
BFA - Ankoan/Unshackled or Sethrak/Rajani

Vanilla could have many possibilities especially with expanding the models with races like Centaurs/Murlocs/Naga/Gnolls/Troggs/further Troll tribes

3 Likes

THAT’S WHERE YOUR WRONG DEEER CHILD!!!
sanlaynn, sethrak, blood trolls, mogu, jinu, anokoan( the jinyu of nazjatar ), sea grimlins, naga, arakoa, tall dudes in Northrend, dryads, and lastly tuskar!
honorable mentions: high elves and Northrend tauren.
All of the above-mentioned races have been adamantly mega-thread. There’s allot of outcry for them.

although you mentioned what i see as clear definable races id like to chime in the broken of legion might be a great option aswell =D

1 Like

Honestly, stop with the Allied Races. They’re all reskins of existing races that could’ve been compressed onto current ones with the exception of two on the Horde side. Nightborne and Vulpera, because one has unique models while another is a new race.

Kul Tirans could’ve also been additional body types for Humans-- but nah, timegated rep grind customization options are great for subscription consistency.

2 Likes

yea id love a skinny option for kultiran. not like model skinny but twig option.

that’s a very valid point id like blizzard to notice. Allied races shouldn’t be copy pasted but more unique.
still, i do enjoy some of the reskinned options.

1 Like

Snek boobies or we riot!

1 Like

if the mommies dont have milkies we murder in the streets

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with wanting more customization options, isn’t that what most people are excited for with the prepatch.

Also neither Nightborne or Vulpera used unique models. One is the Night Elf skeleton and one is the Goblin skeleton.

1 Like

i thought the nightborne female was unique ? maybe its remolded night elf skele?

That’d require us declaring ourselves one faction or the other in our account settings and some of us play both factions.

You mean they don’t have unique skeletons. They do have unique models.

valid.
What if they did a pairing system? like “alliance:jinyu / horde:mogu” like a package thing

/dance as a Nightborne and tell me how unique they are.

Nightborne are a redesigned version of the existing Night Elf skeleton. So yes, in a sense, it is unique. Vulpera use the goblin skeleton but they are a new race in lore - which makes them unique.

Came up with this idea on how Covenants could lead to Allied Races through potential story as the expansion goes on.

Though it was pointed out that a conduit was in Maldraxxas and Sethrak would fit better than Lich, which is valid (I don’t know much of the lore behind that but it could be interesting).

1 Like

Yeah, the skeleton. Models and skeletons are different things.