That Flask of Unbridled Darkness

Depends, usually it’s quicker to just strafe, or back strafe

1 Like

This is exactly why I didn’t pick this option on Tuesday.

I just wanted soul ash to finally craft my stage 4 legendary. Get in, get out.

This is so funny, because me and my brother had this bug in Torghast a day before the patch was released. It all went dark when we changed floors.

We actually had lots of fun trying to orientate using HP bars. And then he died and vision restored for him and he was my guide. Then it ended after two floors suddenly.

I haven’t tried it out yet, but it looks fun. I’ve been in plenty of TM vs SS to still do my rotation without seeing any frame change for about a minute.

Eeeehhh…it might be interesting to take on my hunter. Let my pet go to town, barrage into the darkness, etc.

Not really going to help my Rogue who’s missing several weeks’ worth of Torghast followers and would definitely fall off something into the darkness and fail the run while trying to hit stuff.

It keeps breaking my monitor every time I use it. So I had to ditch it.

You know what is even crazier? Some of us enjoy it! I feel bad for people who don’t.

Saw it and though boy this looks dumb. I want to like Boreghast, I really do but man is it just a chore

Not going to lie, I found that it vastly improved my weekly torghast experience! …or maybe that was the recent changes to Torghast for mage. Either way, had a lot more fun this week than previously.

1 Like

a lot of ppl play solo… how about something for those that also pay?

IF I have to step foot into Torghast shudders… I wanna be in and out as fast as possible with no BS gimmick potentially wasting time in there.

Honestly, whoever thought of Torghast should not make WoW content anymore

Will it make old content scale correctly?

9 Likes

Hilarious fun with a group, especially with everyone taking the automatic blindness version. Highlight of the evening was falling to my death attempting to lead two blind people down one of the chains, only for them to make it down without help.

1 Like

Please please include a way to do this outside of torghast! I LOVE the concept, and would love to be able to try a leveling challenge playing like this without having to get super involved with addons or… blindfolds!?

3 Likes

Me thinks this is a way to get people to do more snoreghast, or to use the power itself.

Aside from that though it was okay in my opinion, I just used it mainly on elite mobs and chain pulls as I just got all the powers to buff it up with. Yet in terms of danger I never felt it was entirely there as it was easy enough to navigate the areas in the dark.

1 Like

Reminds me of Morrowind, where there were a pair of boots called the Boots of Blinding Speed, that gave you super-speed but you couldn’t see.

It’s crazy powerful. I was able to blast down the layer 8 end boss in 10 seconds.

It is an interesting twist on high risk / high reward. Im looking forward to trying it!

I honestly loved playing with the flask, The aoe and the flail are ridiculously powerful.

My highlight was once I got the relic which increased the duration on kills but drops after combat ends, planning out paths before going blind, polymophing a mawrat to keep in combat and just destroying everything I came across. Waking up to entire rooms and hallways of dead mobs.

Critting a friend for 150k with the flail was fun too though.

Very good in situations where I would just turn it on, run at a nameplate, then passively kill it. For bosses it comes down to turn it on, stand under them, then DPS but not really because 80% of the damage dealt is from the heavy hitting “flail” and the constantly-pulsing AoE.

The whole suicidal “run until everything else is dead” was kind of spooky at first, until getting enough 25% dodge stacked that I didn’t really need to worry about anything. The “Increased Phantasma gain” is kind of hit-or-miss because looting when you can’t see is rough so it only grants you the benefit if you hit urns.

Minimap is enough to navigate most of the place even when blind, so the only ‘threat’ is getting hit by AoEs… But with enough health/defensive traits, that’s a non-issue.