That Darn Fox!

That’s how the quest is supposed to function, the fox you are chasing will teleport you across a couple different zones.

still bugged ports me then the fox disappears

Still bugged - 30th Jan.

Still bugged 19th Feb

2 Likes

Still bugged - 3rd March

1 Like

Still bugged - March 4

Can’t even get past the Ardenweald stage. Click the fox a few times and turn gold, then fox becomes non-interactable even though I still have the buff for about 25 seconds. Tried this with addons on and off, moving and standing still, basically everything suggested in Wowhead to make it work. Nada. I come back to this frustration-generating-exercise every couple of weeks to see if it’s been fixed, but it doesn’t seem to be a priority…

2 Likes

Still the same…

1 Like

Still bugged. Just send everyone the pet in the mail and be done with it. Getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Still bugged. How has this not been fixed yet?

1 Like

Oh my gosh, yes! It’s been buggy as F since this expansion was released. I literally quit playing this game for months because of this frustration – along with how terrible this expansion is – and I recently came back to find it STILL bugged. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

still bugged as of 13th April 2021. Unable to pick up the fox in the first part in Ardenweald.

04/16/2021 - This quest is still bugged. Can’t catch darling Renny in Ardenweald - STEP ONE. Please fix this bug, Blizzard.

As of the 7th of May, this is still bugged. Can start the quest and receive the boon in Ardenweald. Go to click him five times and turn golden, but nothing happens. He remains in place and can’t be interacted with.

Months after I first tried to get this. MONTHS!!! And it’s still bugged. Fix this stupid quest Blizzard!!!

1 Like

yep, its infuriating actually, not only because it’s bugged since the beta, but also because Blizzard pretends the issue doesnt exist despite the MANY reports.

Can confirm still bugged June 3rd 2021 :smiley:

Still bugged :smiley:

I found this fantastic workaround, using a toy. Lag is not an issue as you never interact with Renny.

Thanks to clever Brettski89 for finding it.

Step 1: Obtain the toy Malfunctioning Goliath Gauntlet]
Step 2: Start the Quest, take the buff from Clarion
Step 3: Don’t pick up the fox, just use the toy until the fox gets dusted (this should tick off the first step of the quest and allow you to progress)
Step 4: Make your way to Bastion and dust him again!
Step 5: Head to Mally and kill the quest Mob.
Step 6: Stand on top of Renny and spam-click him.
(if you have any issues with this step, you can drop the “running buff” leave the cave area fair enough to phase out, and then go back and kill the NPC)
Step 7: Hand in quest.
Step 8: Head to the Heart of the Forest and Renny should appear with another quest to add him to your party!

They glitches on last pickup.
This is a quest not a pet battle.

I went out of area, but kept the round area on mini map untill the yellow dot reappeared.
Had to do the last thing again, but got it done.