That Darn Fox!

Thank you.

I did what you said. I clicked the buff off over and over til he let me pick him up and tp us back.

I did this and it didn’t work, then I shifted out of moonkin form, took off the buff then clicked on the fox, worked that time.

1 Like

Definitely helped me thank you very very much!

Did that 10 times, sill not allowing me to complete… Sometimes it breaks at the Ardenweald, other at bastion, etc.

Waiting for fix!

Tried all work-arounds suggested in here multiple times, still not letting me catch him.

2 Likes

Can confirm quest is still bugged.

After clicking him the specified number of times detailed by his buff he teleported me to Bastion (after having to drop the quest and pick it up again).

When I clicked him the specified number of times again, in Bastion, he didn’t jump into my hands or teleport me. He eventually just disappeared.
I am now stranded in Bastion with my Hearthstone on cooldown.

3 Likes

bugged for me after killing insengrimm, no way to click him after

1 Like

I’m having issues right at the moment the fox is supposed to be captured. It’s like a 1/3 chance I will actually capture him and get teleported to the next place. It either glitches out in Ardenweald and becomes unclickable or in Bastion. I’ve yet to get to anywhere beyond Bastion doing this quest.

2 Likes

Same issue, please fix this f’k quest god

1 Like

i found the fix for now, right click the buff the fox gives you, and then click on the fox again, keep doing this until you finally pick up the fox and finish the quest.!

Right clicked the buff, fox disappeared. Now I’m in the Burning Thicket with no NPC to kill and no fox to click.

1 Like

jesus! what a bug, it worked for me! sory to hear that it didnt for you :s

All good! Figured i’d give it a try. Hopefully this is fixed soon

Unable to get him either. The animation goes off like I’ve picked him up, but there he is that little rainbow guy just smugly sitting on the ground.

1 Like

No solution worked for me so far :confused:

Tried shape-shifted and not.
Removing the buff.
Doing it with the buff.
Relogging.
Abandoning the quest and picking it up again.

I still can’t get him even once, I click the 5 times, my character stretches her arm as if she was carrying something while the fox just stand still on the ground until it despawns.

5 Likes

Can’t do it neither

Disable all add ons then try… just worked for me (after a dozen failed attempts.)

2 Likes

Stuck on the first part of the quest in Ardenweald. I’ve turned off all addons, relogged, dropped quest and picked it up again, etc. and it still doesn’t work.

Renny lets me touch him a few times, but when I reach the final time, my character does an animation like she’s holding something but no progress is made. Renny is there for a few seconds, non-interactable, before he despawns.

3 Likes

yeah that us weird… that was the exact behavior that I was getting… over and over… the only change I made was to simply go to interface and choose disable all… reload ui… then it worked… sorry that didn’t help you… (I am bastian btw so it isn’t a faction thing… just sayin’)… intermittent bug?

I killed the guard and am unable to click on Renny. I also don’t have any sort of buff to click off. He’s just unclickable (but I can target him). =/

[Edit: I abandoned the quest and Renny no longer appears in Glitterfall Basin. I went to the guard and Renny is still unclickable.]

[Edit 2: I relogged and the option to get the buff from Clarion Song appeared so I was able to finish the quest this time.]