That Arthas shot from the new animated shorts

https://i.imgur.com/aJnXioS.png

Accompanied by Uther saying “Light save my soul.” Love it.

10 Likes

Now I’m all hyped for this. I loved the Warbringers and Lords of War shorts and this looks at least as good.

8 Likes

God I love the art style in these shorts. That sort of brushy look.

11 Likes

I also noticed that it appears Garrosh appears in those shorts being tortured by the Venthyr.

That or its just a random Orc they decided to have Patrick Seitz voice.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see it. I also love this art style.

3 Likes

I’m curious because they didn’t seem to hint at Garrosh being there at all.

If he’s in Revendreth then at least Blizz is acknowledging he’s not a total lost cause from MoP and WoD

4 Likes

The art for these shorts is simply gorgeous. I don’t know if they’re ever going to top the Jaina one (that one is an actual masterpiece from start to finish, and I love going back to watch it) but these are all still very top notch. Can not wait to see them.

2 Likes

Daughter of the Sea just felt like the artists were finally told “Just go nuts” and they did

5 Likes

Agreed. Their cinematics are great but I think the art style of the shorts makes it more emotionally expressive. You can get a feel for the scene instantly.

Even if I don’t personally want to see him again, it’d make sense given that too much pride was his problem since Thrall showed him the good word in BC.

3 Likes

I wish they were told that more often. I spent days gushing about that one when it came out, had the song stuck in my head for weeks afterwards. A shame the Sylvanas and Azshara ones didn’t really hit the same beat for me.

These still look super exciting though!

2 Likes

I’m always just a sucker for 2d art compared to the terrible cutscenes lately in WoW. The ones where the models are just default animating and we’re somehow supposed to care.

With these shorts they get to actually be THEATRICAL and it works

Even with teldrassil burning that moment where Sylv tilts that night elfs head so she sees the tree burning was POWERFUL in just how evil that was

4 Likes

Rechecked it… that is definitely Garry. No other orc has that build/voice combo.

Also… ./sigh.
Blizzard Art team.
Guys.
This looks really good but.
Uther was killed defending Andorhal. Specifically, near a Bridge.
Andorhal is a village at the northern foot of the Alterac mountains and with a river that feeds into Caer Darrow. Its mills should all be water-powered, not wind-powered.

Especially since Andorhal has significant mountain ranges on 3 sides of it, it likely has very little wind power to use, versus the river running right next to the town.

6 Likes

Thank god they didn’t call it shadowbringers

3 Likes

I mean if I get to hear more Patrick Seitz then I’m fine with that. He managed to out muda the japanese Dio when he dubbed him lol

4 Likes

Daily reminder that Uther isn’t with the light

snort with your username it’s hilarious your comment was under mine

2 Likes

Btw, why show Dreka and Uther as hype-baits but no Kael’thas? And whoever is gonna be in afterlife for fae

I mean wasn’t that Kael? I forget there’s a king in Revendreth so if that was him then oops lol.

The Queen was seen sometimes in that trailer, I’m guessing the other fae was one of the soul binds.

From what I have seen there doesn’t appear to be any major characters in Night Fae. Aside one familiar face.

It spends more time giving more insight into the rebirth of Wild Gods and characters connected to the Dream.

you expected garrosh, but it was me! Dio Brando!

9 Likes