Thanks to the level boost, I'll be playing TBC Classic

what are you even talking about. i haven’t said that blizzard made classic for the fans. it was obviously to increase sub count because you retail players have been milked dry. and here we go again

Then TBC isn’t for you. The appeal of classic is different than what you want. Stop ruining classic. You want boosts, store mounts, paid services? Go to retail. We don’t want that ****, why do you think we wanted classic so badly? Because it got rid of all that garbage.

3 Likes

blizz doesn’t care what you want. blizz wants boosts. so tbc classic will have boosts. there is no bargaining. or changing their minds. or anything. if you don’t want tbc to have boosts and refuse to play your only option is to quit. because they’re coming.

1 Like

$.02 have been deposited into your Battle.net account.

2 Likes

I didn’t cheer on them releasing paid services for TBC, but now it’s been announced it means I’ll utilize it and come play.

If it didn’t exist I wouldn’t be playing TBC. That’s kind of what this thread is about. I don’t think you’ll find any content of me waving a banner demanding boosts be in TBC.

I guess I’ll quit then. This isn’t a slippery slope anymore, these guys are jumping headfirst into a pile of coins that they’ve made up in their minds. “Oh, classic is a huge success! Let’s monetize it… and the playerbase is gone.”

3 Likes

he’s posting he likes blizzard’s boost decision. so he doesn’t have to justify why, but that’s how discussions work.

Yes, that is ActivisionBlizzard. Of course if they see an opportunity to monetize it they will. Since the announcement we’ve already seen

1. Clone service for Classic/TBC bundle chars.
  2. The deluxe edition
  3. Boosts.

I’m not sure what fantasy world people were living on not recognizing that multibillion dollar businesses make decisions based on projected returns.

Certainly not helping. We don’t want boosts, we don’t need boosts. If your only caveat to play the recreation of an older game is the introduction of casual friendly boosting services that exist outside of the in game exchange, why even play it? The older versions of this game are not structured around end game 100% of the time. Leveling is a HUGE factor, a large part of the journey and an accomplishment. But hey, as long as we have the cheat codes known as credit cards, who cares.

3 Likes

I’m not directly responsible for boosts being a part of classic. That said now the option is going to be there, I will utilize it.

If it wasn’t there I’d skip it much like how i skipped classic.

But maybe I’ll level a classic toon to 60 the ethical boosting way that is agreed on by Classic andys right? Buy instance boosts and afk while a 60 clears out the entire dungeon? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

the fact we didn’t stop playing retail when they did, to them, means we are directly responsible.

you just made a post congratulating boosts being in tbc. that’s not demanding, because they are already here, but its pretty close.

how can you not see this slippery slope? that was announced to put in a shop button. now there’s a tbc datamined mount. its likely for either deluxe edition or 6 month subs. those mounts later end up in the store for like $25. how soon is a token?

it’ll be easy to justify- “it’ll get rid of the gold sellers and bots”. like that has happened with the last token at all.

your argument and my argument have both included that blizzard is ultra greedy. that’s why we all went so hard on nochanges for classic.

classic is already easy to bot. you can pay for accounts with tokens made by retail botting. gold sellers will be able to boost level 58s at will which is the max level needed for professions. and the barrier to entry would be botting 1-58 without getting banned to finally start making money at 58+.

2 Likes

I think this will hurt the longevity of the game. If TBC falls into the same path as classic, then a good majority of the retail players buying boosts will get burned out from grinding heroics and being restricted to only tier 4 content. Then you have the anti-boosters who will ride it out till sunwell. I really don’t care, as long as I have friends to play with and they stay true to releasing pre-nerfed content I’m happy. But there are already many well scripted private servers that already offer everything that blizzard could bring into classic TBC and has very challenging and overtuned raids. The people who have a problem with these changes will more than likely just stay on those servers. There will be a spike at the beginning of TBC, probably bigger than in classic. Then in a few months there will be servers that are absolutely dead. My server died after the first set of retail players left.

3 Likes

Is it preferrable to have the ‘boost buying retail players’ not play the game at all?

Yes.

10char

2 Likes

i can’t post on that other character anymore. but yes. you have a game.

2 Likes

You gain more retail players who will play for a couple months but lose a huge amount of the TBC fan base who would have played the entire expansion

1 Like

You’ll probably quit once you realize how much effort it takes to get attuned.

If not welcome! Join all the millions of bots in our game now thanks to the boost.

3 Likes

Im all of the above.

except classic proved that isn’t true at all. considering that most people bailed a few months in. then a bit later when AQ came out a lot of the private server players rage quit cuz they just want to do the first few phases over and over again. you know who plays expansions from start to finish many times in a row though? retail players. which is why we have all those nice retail anniversary achievements.