Thanks to the level boost, I'll be playing TBC Classic

I’m pretty happy Blizzard decided to add level boosts. I didn’t jump on the classic train and the thought of doing 0-60 before being able to do TBC Classic was kind of a daunting task.

I currently play and raid lead a relatively competitive 3 night guild on retail and a lot of people in my raid team are on the same page. Leveling isn’t really something we enjoy, doing raiding/dungeons/arena with each other is where we find content enjoyable. TBC Classic would be like a new expansion dropping and us leveling through the new zones to getting into content.

I’m not sure why you guys are getting bent out of shape, a lot a people are in a similar boat as me. Isn’t more players better for the game? It’s not like TBC Classic is a time machine that takes us back to 2007 where we all had shoddy internet and half had garbage PCs.

There were no guides back then on release, no pre-bis lists ready for chasing and no weakauras. It’s a little hypocritical to get all mad about changes when most of the people on this forum will happily read a guide about how to do a raid boss and follow a icyveins guide on how to max DPS.

Look forward to playing with some of you :slight_smile:

Edit: Just because some people keep thinking I’ll quit when i realize “x” is please check my feats of strength, I’ve got the dark portal opening achievement. I’ve played every iteration of WoW since Vanilla :slight_smile:

Edit: because of the comments in here I did 1-60 on Classic since i made the original post and I can safely say I did not find it enjoyable or charming. It was pretty awful and if it wasn’t for proving a point I would have stopped around Arathi Highlands.

33 Likes

if you can’t leve to 60 how you gonna level to 70/ grind rep/ and do the long attument quests

11 Likes

Did it in TBC Vanilla fine, I’m sure i’ll manage :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My friends are considering playing mainly because of the boost.

Leveling is a grind and they never enjoyed it nearly as much as they did end game content.

10 Likes

Inb4 timbas tbc classic guild gets all the world firsts. You can show them the true power of retail sweat, timba. Show these classic Andy’s how its done.

you leveled to 58 fine in tbc vanilla but can’t do it now so that doesn’t say much.

18 Likes

the botters thank you too, blizzard.

3 Likes

I can barely stomach leveling when a new expansion drops, I just don’t find it fun. I find doing raids and dungeons with friends fun. Collecting 12 plainstrider beaks is nothing something that fills me with joy.

Hell no, I’m becoming a casual dad TBC raider where I sit in a guild and say my microphone is broken so I don’t have to raid lead ANYTHING.

Yeah in 2004 when I was 14 years old and hadn’t experienced the other 6 expansions.

Open his armory. Just glance at it before you go full classic beard.

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind leveling/questing at all. My buddies on the other hand only have memories of being 15 trying to grind out the 200+ hours.

I think even with them boosting, they’ll probably start up an alt or two to level as well. Now if they get those to 70 before WotLK…

You also leveled 1-58 in TBC but apparently people can’t manage that now.

2 Likes

PLEASE…give me a break. If you can level 50-60 in SL you can level 60-70 in TBC since levelling really hasn’t changed since TBC

4 Likes

I don’t think anyones saying they can’t do it.

You’ll still be parse lording people who post insane things they have no idea about though at least right? I mean no shade. I miss actual top tier people explaining reality to… the others.

Its amazing how many people cant tell the difference between can, and want.

They can do it, they dont want to. Blizzard deciding to tap that market doesnt mean anything about them as people for wanting to take advantage of a service that is offered.

3 Likes

God I had no idea how much I missed the retail forums until this thread.

1 Like

you people ruined retail. that wasn’t enough. enjoy your in-game store.

13 Likes

Timba is a top tier mythic raider. He is more sweaty than the sweatiest classic sweatie cuz retail actually takes effort and skill vs just time and consumables. Ugh. Classic Andy’s.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a really good way of putting it. I could very well start levelling on classic now and probably be 60 before launch. I just don’t want to invest 5? 6? days worth of playtime in order for me to get a point where I’m enjoying the content I’m consuming.

I just wanna slay dragons with my guildies and have a blast and I look forward to it.

You can check my achievements, I have the feat of strength for when the Dark Portal opened in Vanilla - I’ve played every iteration since the game came out.

I don’t really think I contributed anything to where the game is these days. I still enjoy raiding.

1 Like

What class are you boosting?