Thanks for this Blizz (story raids)

I can’t make OTHER PEOPLE not stand in the breath attacks.

Weirdge response/attack.

1 Like

Finally, a raid difficulty for Asmongold.

9 Likes

People’s lack of reading comprehension isn’t Blizzard’s problem.

Very nice!

Raz might have been a little funky, but all 3 were easier than SL’s. I could probably count on one troll hand the number of times I saw 4 determination stacks in total from S1-3.

2 Likes

Practice mode next?

1 Like

This is the only part that I disagree with. If the purpose is to just experience the story, then it should be available right away. One of the biggest complaints about locking story behind a Raid is that players either have to find a group to run them through Normal mode… or wait six weeks for LFR to be fully unlocked.

“Story mode” should be available right away… and either drop no loot or below-LFR level loot… so people who just want to see the story and not care about grinding for gear can experience a story’s conclusion.

22 Likes

Maybe Razageth was the outlier but that was the LFR raid boss I experienced in DF. And that was so bad I said to myself I’d rather just watch Bellular’s content than die over and over to appease NPC bots who want free welfare gear.

And while that’s what I ended up doing, it undeniably reduced my enjoyment of DF’s story (to the point where personally, I think DF is one of the worst expansions in WoW).

yes but now they are forcing us into this content - I would rather not be forced into any content.

You aren’t forced to do anything. You can stand in the middle of stormwind and yell “I want a hotdog” for hours if you wanted.

4 Likes

Takes about that long for the people who would use this mode, so i dont really see the issue?

we have typically been able to finish the campaign without going into dungeons and raids - in order to do so now we are forced to do dungeons and raids.

That’s fine tbh. Happy to do the fights and such if I don’t have to get hyper-geared up for them :3

Oh no, you’ll have to play the game to experience the story on your own. How tragic.

3 Likes

so will there be npcs to replace the raid? god pls blizz this would be one of
the best things you can do. i dont think xiv even has full raid npcs just trials 8man.

And here I thought I was played the game for the last 6 years avoiding dungeons and raids.

As it should. You don’t get loot just watching a few cut sense. LFR is easy enough as it is.

2 Likes

Stop gating lfr

3 Likes

I’m curious if it uses AI npcs or if it’ll just genuinely disable most raid mechanics that won’t fit against 1-5 players.

The issue is you experience the story out of order.

Blizzard often timegates the story/campaign. You’ll get Event A that takes place during the pre-season week and is the earliest event, you’ll get Event B that places chronologically after A that includes/references the raid opening, and then the week after you’ll have Event C happen that assumes that the raid has been cleared. Except you haven’t cleared the raid and may not clear the raid for like 6 weeks or however long it is. So you hear about the dead Queen and how the Harbinger has awoken the Chosen and you may met the Chosen or whatever during Event C, and you have no idea what is going on, then weeks later you experience the moment that had already been spoiled for you.

8 Likes