Thanks for this Blizz (story raids)

Why should they get rid of lfr. No one is forcing you to do it, lol.

2 Likes

Scaling content from 1-500 players

What do you mean exactly by scaling content?

Plus LFRs are often chopped up a bit and arranged in a different order. Like the Incarnate’s Wake wing of Amirdrassil does Gnarlroot and Igira, but then skips over the two side wings straight to Smolderon.

1 Like

World bosses. Fyrakk assaults. Community events like the feast and wild hunts and time rifts and that researchers thing in Zaralek, etc. World quests where it makes sense to group up with others. Plus there’s the player economy to engage in with professions, the auction house, work orders. Shall I continue?

My original explanation remains: it’s a waste of development time and resources that Blizz is throwing the way of a hyper specific group (YET AGAIN), with no real purpose beyond backpatting, and not improve and develop actual core systems of the expansions. How can anyone look at the state the new expansions flagship content, delves and hero trees, and say, “Yeah, this is good. Let’s work on other stuff now.” Like 5 of the hero trees is interesting/fun and only about 10 are functional.

Superbloom is scaling. Researchers is scalingm soup is scaling.

The point of LFR was to make raids more accessible to people who couldn’t do them, now that they’re accessible without even help from LFG, there’s no point in having LFR.

And yet, they still did it, this story mode. It’s happening.

So is the spider filter thing you were complaining about earlier.

All you’ve done so far is insult other people in this thread for having the audacity to have a different opinion than you.

1 Like

Yea trying to detail the thread and get it locked and make it look like this content is divisive and have it cancelled

the purpose is to see the story of the raid (in order, not rearranged like LFR sometimes is). how difficult is that to understand?

3 Likes

That’s cool. Still not a reason to remove LFR as LFR just access to raid and not really for the sake of the story. Hope that helps XD

2 Likes

“We currently plan to release this experience alongside the final wing of Looking For Raid difficulty”

This absolutely sucks. It’s bad enough you already time gate LFR in the first place for absolutely no good reason (literally the only reason I can assume is there’s a dev on the team that hates LFR players and does out of spite), but now you’re also going to be doing this to the story mode? Why even bother adding it if people have to wait a month or even close to two sometimes?

It’s completely ridiculous. It’s already ridiculous with LFR, but it is outright absurd to do this with the story mode.

1 Like

Yeah but you never talk with any of these people, you don’t get to know them or anything of the sort. You just join a bunch of randos never coordinate or get to know them and then just leave the group after the 5 min you spent killing world bosses, or crafting some item.

The wording suggest it’s the final boss only? Even if it’s not this seems like a preposterously easy fix to the raid skip methodology which would benefit everyone rather than devoting time and resources to a niche mode.

So you agree they should get rid of Mythic difficulty

3 Likes

I wouldn’t lose sleep.

He never said nor suggested that don’t put words in his mouth.

Ladies and gentlemen we got him

It’s not divisive, this story mode. Not really. Despite some complaining to the contrary. The issue we have, and people can go through this whole thread and see there are a LOT of participants with the same problem, is when they’re making this story mode available.

Either they release it at the start of LFR (but after you’ve gotten up to that point in the story) and we can experience it in the game, or they release it at the end of LFR and it’s almost certain we’ll experience it by watching a YouTube video.

I’d rather it be the former.

3 Likes