Thanks For Not Caring About Holidays. Again

With absolutely nothing new for the WoW anniversary, why even bother with holidays at this point? The WoW anniversary is one that still had some semblance of updates, and that’s gone too.

Why is it so hard for a billion dollar company to update their holidays?

Can’t say I’m not disappointed.

77 Likes

? Most years its just the % exp, they only really do big things on the 5s and 0s

19 Likes

Why would there be anything for it

18 isn’t special

18 Likes

Then stop bothering with them? Nearly all anniversary “holidays” were never anything big. People really will complain about anything.

23 Likes

Ain’t going to lie 68% experience buff for my alts not to shabby.

18 Likes

Well legal age of drinking isn’t 18 in US , otherwise we would have some fun :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You take that back! android 18 broke vegetas arm!

21 Likes

It’s a fair question, and Blizz should feel embarrassed.

"Holidays?
What Holidays?"

~ Ion

21 Likes

It’s the last anniversary before Dragonflight, which the devs have been calling the “third era of Warcraft”. Should have gave us something.

16 Likes

78%, another 10% from the faire :smiley:

4 Likes

You know what, that is actually a fair point

5 Likes

That’s not true, WoW can drink now!!

4 Likes

Wasn’t the world boss outside of Caverns of Time that dropped the mount last year? So that was the 17th. Not really a BIG thing, but it’s SOMEthing.

Are they not doing anything at all? I was kind of hoping there’d be something fun to do.

6 Likes

Maybe?

IDK, I’d rather have their full focus on DF and not on a holiday, even if it doesn’t take much away, but there’s always an opportunity cost.

4 Likes

New expansion in twenty-two days and a new race and class, invasions, and dungeon in nine…

6 Likes

From what I heard, just second hand from the recent HazelNutty video, the beta is in release phase, so testing is basically done. It’s ready to go. There’s no need to worry much more about getting DF ready for us.

Besides, there’s usually separate teams for separate content. It shouldn’t be too much of a big deal to give us something fun to do for just a few days, before phase 2 of the prepatch is out. It doesn’t have to hold us until the DF launch, that’s what phase 2 is for.

I dunno. Maybe I’m alone. I just kinda dig holidays. I used to hate them, but now I look forward to having new things to do. It’s not even about the rewards, I just like doing content. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If a team finishes what they need to for DF launch they move on to 10.1, not really any downtime.

And beta being a release candidate doesn’t mean its done and ready ship, there’s still bug fixing and tuning all the way through launch and beyond.

They might just not having anyone to work on holidays atm, everyone busy making DF hopefully good.

3 Likes

Remember when they nerfed Korrak’s Revenge leveling.

Yeah, let’s nerf fun during a festive period.

That’s why you’re getting the same event as last year. Blizzard is about money, not fun.

15 Likes

We have 68% boosted exp to all activities right now. And another 10% from the Faire this week. And all exp was just rebalanced for Dragonflight in the players’ favor. Just… stop. You’re trying too hard to be mad about nothing.

2 Likes

Whining about holiday celebrations… in a video game.

New level of sadness up in this piece.

3 Likes