Thanks for murdering Shadowstrike AU

Dear Blizzard,

A heartfelt thanks for your precision in orchestrating the painful demise of Shadowstrike. By first admitting that transfers would devastate our realm and then swiftly opening them anyway, you’ve truly mastered the art of panic creation. It’s been a joy watching the community scatter in chaos—an expertly executed Australian apocalypse.

A few guilds remain but the flock have fleeted their paddock.

Sincerely,

Moonwing
Ratchet Rum Company

10 Likes

The lesson here is to not bother starting on OCE servers and going straight to NA for all future seasonal versions of the game

11 Likes

I’ve got mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I empathise for those raiding communities who were content and self-sufficient on SS and now have to suffer American latency.

On the other hand, since the transfer to CS I’ve been able to log onto alts and run BFD and Scarlet Monastery for the first time since their respective phases, at the drop of a hat.

The latency sucks but the vibrancy of the playerbase is leagues apart, and it really goes to show just how small the OCE community is in 2024.

8 Likes

Good post. That sounds pretty nice.
I found Australian players to be very helpful and cool most of the time - but yes a larger population is great for alts.

4 Likes

I’ve been summoned.

Imagine going back to 2004 wow latency after 10 years as a region fighting for our own servers so that 10 years later we lose those servers and somehow calling it a win for oceanic.

I honestly believe you are simply not intelligent enough to understand what the issues are because you are too simple minded.

If there are oceanic servers in the future (might not be anymore) i strongly encourage you to play on NA from the beginning to avoid dragging others down with you.

You also spend more time on the forums telling us how great CS is than actually playing the game.

In 1 month you can quote this post when most oceanic players have either quit sod or are in agreement that Elron was right.

Hopefully they don’t make the mistake a 3rd time and hold blizzard accountable in the future.

Good luck friend.

4 Likes

multi billion dollar company cannot afford to put servers anywhere near your homelands my good sir

2 Likes

You were given the option to join a bigger community. Obviously most of ppl from your server embraced that idea. So shut the h up n stay there if you want, but stop asking for a whole realm to be deprived from being part of a bigger server, cuz you n your other cow friends wanna have a better ping.

1 Like

Everyone was so excited for a larger playerbase but every pug group so far seems to go full retard.

Gonna miss SS.

4 Likes

You came into this thread and chose violence. I feel sorry for you.

Dont start sh1t you cant finish.

5 Likes

RIP to our 1337 community of great players!
@Craz I was on the server saying bye to all my friends before they decided to pause the transfer. Keep sucking Blizzard’s toes. Australians gave away something special for a sub-par experience.

7 Likes

you’re alright Moonwing (y)

3 Likes

Love you all. If you ever played with me on Shadowstrike then cheers for the fun and adventures.

2 Likes

A classic tragic scenario, the enemy forces have invaded, and most people think they have come to save them, and are willing to be second-class citizens. The rest of the people die in the struggle and are accused of being stubborn and not understanding the times.

8 Likes

Won’t be long before they can close Shadowstrike and recoup an extra 100k per month on the Shadowstrike/Penance AWS bill. And no, they wouldn’t use it to hire anymore developers for SOD.

Great for the shareholders :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That won’t happen unless there’s literaly 0 characters on the server (which won’t happen) shadowstrike will stay up and running till the end of SOD just like swamp of sorrows au did in som with my 4 alts on it.

It’s okay remember this in one months time the remaining oce players who haven’t quit entirely and are stuck on CS will be saying

“We thought we did , but we didn’t”

Elron was right.

:saluting_face:

1 Like

Did you want blizzard to magically create extra oceanic players so people could find groups? The server was dying. Australians gave away some insubstantial ping so they could participate in group activities in an MMORPG. And to act like shadowstrike had some amazing community is laughable when your champion and guy you keep defending elron is one of the most toxic players on any server of the entirety of sod.

You think people in a month’s time are going to be thinking about you on your dead server? We’ll be too busy doing group content to think about how you tired to kill the oceanic population by imprisoning us on a dead realm. The vast majority got what we wanted. You lost L Ron.

First of all I don’t even like Elron. Second of all I’m not sure who you are or what your character’s name is.

Let me just say, I’ve played on this server the whole time. It had its highs and lows, but so did SoD itself. The start of the 50-60 phase was great—our realm no-lifed that entire grind.

I help run a guild, and lately my guild members have said they don’t feel like there’s anything left to do when they log in, same for myself and most players. So, because we love the game, we started being more proactive, helping people and logging in for each other.

It’s not Shadowstrike’s fault everyone is BiS and organized, just stuck waiting for BWL/ZG. Our cities have been packed, and the AH was pumping the last few weeks.

People want a fast food experience and play the game selfishly. WoW’s essence is squandered by min/max and toxicity. But you know what? Most Horde on Shadowstrike are legends who were tempted by the allure of discovery.

I’m tired of this conversation—you think I’m the bad guy for suggesting we stay? I just wanted to keep our day/night cycle and our 1337 Aussie community alive, out of love for the game.

4 Likes

really should stop talking to that guy. He barked like a dog standing beside his master.
even afraid to show his main character name

4 Likes

you’re beating a dead horse while others mourn it.

6 Likes