Thank you to Blizzard now 10 years later. You've helped my grieving

You can view this on Imgur /E3PYeIx Jenny let me have this companion even though I lost the roll. It has been 10 years since she passed away. Blizzard let me have her account after I gave them her death certificate. And to much my appreciation. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of Jenny. And even though I know there isn’t an afterlife… I renamed this companion after her and sometimes talk to her through it albeit knowing I’m a bit insane to do so… Occasionally, I will log into her account just to see her standing where she last left her character in Valley of Wisdom, her favorite home, just stay there together for a bit and remember…

Ten years have passed, but I still miss playing wow with her so very much. And in a way, being able to name the companion after her means she still gets to go with me on my adventures… I only wish it could keep up with DF mounts…

Anyway, Rest in Peace, Jenny Bunny. I miss you.

38 Likes

I don’t think you’re insane for doing this and I hope you don’t feel like you are.

Keep talking to her. :heart:

7 Likes

That’s a wonderful way to help you and to keep her memory alive. All my thoughts and prayers to you, I’m glad this has helped get you through.

:dracthyr_heart:

5 Likes

I will. Thank you for your kind words and reassurance.

4 Likes

:cry: I’m going to be the same as you, maybe I’ll make a thread about my cat Gary, his kidney failure has progressed too far that he no longer wants to eat or drink water, he gets weaker all the time and loses weight, tomorrow I’ll take him to the vet to have him diagnosed. If there is any help, or I just have to make you sleep, it is sad to know that my partner who helped me watch how I killed the Lich King on pirate servers, until I bought Legion and accompanied me in defeating the legion to Gul’dan, Kil’ Jaeden and arriving at Argus to stop his world soul was interesting, we are participated in the fourth war, and we arrived at Shadowlands to stop the jailer.

All of that will be lost if I hear the bad news about the vet, even so I prepared a thread about his epitaph because even if I don’t believe it, my cat played WoW with me. :cat:

4 Likes

My deepest condolences to you and her family.

6 Likes

Thank you. Jenny would have teased me over it! That’s fine. It makes me smile knowing she would have pretended to cringe only to hide that fleeting look of being flattered. Whenever she felt flattered she would always tease me… but then follow it up with drawing a picture of me carrying her on my shoulders or something like that.

5 Likes

Who put these onions here? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Loss is never easy, and I’m glad you’re in good spirits.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this story. It made me think fondly of my loved ones.

1 Like

MY character Marly is named after a cat I had for 20 years that was named Jacob Marley , so I know where you are coming from. Be sure to give a rescue pet a home if you decide to get another.

2 Likes

I have to take exception to that. No one knows for sure either way. Be agnostic-like. There may not, or there may be. No one knows for sure.

Just know there is mathematical support for multiple dimensions, and some believe the next step (afterlife) is a different dimension. Take from that what you will.

Always remember, anything is definitely possible when the right criteria are met :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 Likes

That’s a very touching story. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

How do you know?

3 Likes

I’m happy for you that you have her account ,wish that I could do that with my sisters’ but I’m too afraid of asking our brother in law just now ,it’s too raw maybe later when the time is right. Take care :heart:

2 Likes

Not so fast. Have you considered every possibility of how life works? My favorite theory is that there is only one person who ever lived, you, and you play the role of every person who ever existed, including loved ones, just at different times. So in the end, when you have played the part of every life that ever existed, there is no need to be sad… kids, wives, husbands, friends, they were all you, it was you who lived their lives. Like a stage play except you played all the parts, you just didn’t know it at the time.

IDK… I don’t think there’s any way to replace it, I’m doing it now in Photoshop with black ribbon, I’m really sorry to lose it this way…

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve lost two friends who I met on MMO’s and I still miss them dearly.

Not to hijack your thread but anyone that’s reading this please take your health seriously. Both of my friends lived unhealthy lifestyles with lots of fast food and sugary drinks to go along with their gaming. I promise you that you don’t need it to enjoy games and that there are a lot of healthy alternatives out there.

1 Like

This hit hard. It’s obvious how much you loved her when you’re willing to do the things you do and place yourself in a state of constant reminder. I’m a Roman Catholic. And I respect other peoples’ views. But I’d like to think something is there after we die. And if there is, I’m sure Jenny knows what you do to remember her. Take some comfort in that.

2 Likes

You’re not insane. Don’t ever think you are.

I’m not a religious person, I’m a spiritual one. I’m 52 years old and I still talk to my grandparents when I need to. I , like you, use to say there isn’t an afterlife but if there isn’t who are we talking to? Don’t let the idea of an afterlife be how it’s been told or written. Find your own way. You don’t realize it atm but you believe in something, that’s why we talk to love ones no longer with us.

This hit real hard for me. I play the game everyday with my mom and pretty much have since I started playing back in 2008. I often think how much I’ll miss her in game. And even though he doesn’t play the game my dad is presently battling cancer. I hold on to the old saying. As long as they’re forever in your heart, they’re never truly gone.

So my friend with an awesome name choice. It’s great to hear or read the peace inside you. Just remember, don’t let a certain religion or any outside force tell you what there is and what there isn’t. Take that companion on the adventure of finding where you’re at spiritually. And May the Earth Mother smile upon you.

4 Likes