Thank you Ion for pushing for more RPG customization

What you need to realize is that just because you don’t care about optimizing your character doesn’t mean that the people who do care are playing the game the “wrong” way.

Or maybe you could do 8-9k and do enough to help pull through instead of rolling your face across the keyboard and hoping for the best.

9 Likes

Which is one of the big reasons as to why they got rid of the old talent trees.

It perfectly describes them though lol.

You ain’t playing this build with this talent and this gear you are nobody says the nobody in a content that does not require it .

They also confuse real life jobs to a video game and also think taking things seriously would change it , naah.

1 Like

Ion got the conduit system backwards. If he doesn’t want players hoarding conduits because they work like gems in that they are destroyed when replaced, why not make conduits work like Essences that you can swap in and out? Players will be hoarding conduits regardless of whether they are destroyed upon replacing or not.

Besides I don’t buy into the hype.

We have been playing WoW 2.0 since WoD.

People are still going to go to Icy vein or wowhead and look up the best choice. Yes, there will be plenty of people doing their own thing, just as they are now, but this isn’t going to change anything.

1 Like

I really like this for the majority of the playerbase.

But i also really wish they’d try to make the system less punishing to those individuals that push cutting edge or are just really competitive. The new systems look fantastic, unless you’re one of those people who gets their enjoyment in the min max of your character.

I think you could retain meaningful choice but also soften it out for those players. Even small things like making the Conduits a Library of sorts where you can re-use them, make the covenant abilities an “unlockable talent row”, or give us lots more soulbinds so that you could more easily make one your dedicated AOE dps or one your M+ tank bind etc.

Like i’m excited overall for shadowlands but it’s easy to see how the systems could encourage some toxicity. I think the people who are shouting “You don’t HAVE to do X” miss the point. If 99% of the playerbase are fine, then they probably wouldn’t end up caring if the systems were changed so that 100% of the playerbase actually enjoys them.

Yah 100%. If you’re at all competitive you’re going to have half or more of your bag stuffed with Extra conduits just in case a balance pass comes around and that Crap one from week 1 ends up BIS.

1 Like

Some people just like to be competitive. It’s not just the tippy top guys who push Cutting edge. A lot of people just like to get the max out of their characters. I don’t see why that’s a bad thing.

Blizzard could make adjustments and change it so that those top ultra competitive guys would have a much easier time, while still having the system retain that feeling of impactful choices. And that change wouldnt matter to the casual playerbase either.

2 Likes

It’s not a crazy theory, but to me a more accurate description would be to borrow a term from the movie industry and call it a ‘soft reboot’ rather than a ‘something 2.0’ which implies a ‘new’ version of it.

• YouTube link and a couple mentions of YouTube streamers.

we drinkin early today boiz

8 Likes

Its kinda impossible to satisfy both types of playerbase, I feel they have chosen to go with casual players and ignore the competitive folks.

That’s for sure how it looks.

But you could soften the comp side a bit. Make the covenant class abilities a talent, make conduits re-useable etc. That would make it better while retaining the overall impact of the choice imo.

They can but casuals are up at arms against this. It’s a clash of two playerbase

Meats back on the menu, boys!

1 Like

Shadowlands = BfA 2.0. I have no hope for this xpac.

2 Likes

Would you like a skooma ? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think that “Vocal Casuals” are in arms against it because they think Blizzard would be Catering to those players. And they would be for sure, but they’re mad because anything “pro Hardcore!!1!” is bad.

But i bet if blizzard changed it it wouldn’t make a single bit of difference to the casual playerbase enjoyment, while it would be a positive for the hardcore guys.

It’s almost like they just went

“It’s okay player base we hear your cries, you don’t like all these game systems

You LOVE them, so here are more”

1 Like

This is pretty much the crux of it

If you’re just for a feature due to the fact that it smites other people then I don’t know how well that reflects on you as a person