Thank you Ion for pushing for more RPG customization

let’s see, but I feel any change will happen in 9.1. I think they will experiment with this system on one full patch. Saying this from Blizzards patterns in BFA :sweat_smile:

This is total BS! I DEMAND blizzard make it so its easy for us to follow the elite meta for endgame that the streamers and youtubers tell me is best. Making the game fun for 99% of the playerbase and not for us meta chasers is the worst thing ever how dare you wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

I feel like half of Ralphs threads are the same thing but with a new coat of paint.

8 Likes

Its not a bad thing on its own as everyone wants some meaningful progression , it when they push their agenda on someone else and say everyone should be like that min- max or don’t bother - That’s a bad thing, very stressful and extremely antisocial for both parties it is only going to end up as a negative experience

These are also the same type of ppl who compare it to jobs where you actually get paid rather than pay.

Nobody is saying you can’t play the game the way you like. No matter what blizzard does, you are able to min max. Maybe you need 4 chars of the same class, maybe you need 6 chars with different professions etc go for it.
You can complete content whitout min maxing tbh and unless you get real money for it, it is objectively a waste of time.

This made me lol.
Players that are not having fun is the only issue, if you dismiss fun to be “good” then well you are probably a loser tbh.

1 Like

let’s see if we can cross off a few more squares before we get into that heavy stuff

1 Like

Everytime he says metaslave I take a shot.

6 Likes

Its Ralph’s thread. By tomorrow it will be 500+ replies of anarchy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The fact that I have a job is a pretty good indication saying I can’t play the game the way I want

The fact that you even said I might need 4 characters should send a few red flags in your head knowing what you’ve just said is insane

2 Likes

A shot of skooma ? That’s heavy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Main thing that’s an issue is most peoples lack of faith in blizzard actually balancing it right and people having to adjust for a lack of forethought on their part.

They’ve messed up a lot on this kind’ve stuff and took them forever on even racials being balanced enough.

People follow meta’s and the heard. We look online for “the best” and it’s even why everyone just followed the top players to the horde since that was “the raiding scene”

Sadly, the mindset of the player base just isn’t the same for a large part of the population that functions in a way that this would currently be fine. It often has a stigma and a social pressure on people that some may feel the impact of. same with being a certain class or spec.

hopefully it won’t be too big of an issue and they rework the problem ones before the xpac and that it’s just a lesser version of racials that isn’t too large so the differences between them isn’t too bad. I heard they are redoing a paladin blessing one and then thinking about the teleport for venthyr.

I think its a terrible change. I have fun in WoW by going into a situation (BG, arena, M+, raid) and knowing that I am best prepared for that situation. I like knowing that I am running my best build, have my best consumes, etc etc.

Having these systems in place where you can focus on being good in one area, but will gimp you in other areas, and its very difficult to change just doesn’t feel good.

If others think that’s “stupid” or “being a meta slave” they’re certainly entitled to their opinions. But considering that WoW didnt have these complex systems in the past, and since their inception the sub numbers have continued to dwindle further and further, I would say that there are a lot of players who are in my position. But I am also biased.

1 Like

I feel like the soulbinds are going to be like talents. Where some of them are completely worthless and there are a handful of actual decent ones.

There are more casual players than competitive players. The competitive players are in the minority.

If the game catered to the minority, they would lose the majority of casual players which would hurt them financially.

You can counter that by pointing out that a lot of the people against the Meta mindset are constantly shouting at the competitive guys that they “shouldn’t play that way anyways that’s now how it’s designed!” or yelling when blizzard makes a quality of life change for the Competitive guys that doesn’t make any difference at all to the 99%.

The issue here is that Blizzard balancing just isn’t fantastic and this system leaves soooooo many opportunities for it to be a catastrophe. Take right now - look at 2 characters of the same class, race, spec, and even gear. The one that is optimized sims and pushes on live 40-50% more Damage then the exact same guy with the second best of everything. If you look at Demon hunters, there are talents that are so bad NOBODY has taken them at all this Xpac lol competitive or not.

I think it’s a totally valid complaint and concern and i think the Anti Competitive people just dismissing it is really sad. Blizzard aren’t going to make everyone happy here but i think a compromise is really needed.

5 Likes

They already tried to cater to the casual majority. It got them BfA.

2 Likes

I assumed they were catering to some reptile like creatures that consume light

I believe they’re called role players

1 Like

Design by template, intended to appeal to people with short memory spans and next to no patience. New borrowed power to grind for, grind for, grind for. Indistinguishable from any previous expansion. Perfect for people like Ralph, who have no particular connection to any character and have accepted that characters are meaningless tools, indistinguishable one from another, and disposable without any care or concern.

This is not an expansion that has anything to offer roleplayers. The “RPG” they keep touting is just a matter of having players make a choice from a menu of bad choices, and then have no choices for the remainder of the expansion. Everything is laid out for you to keep you from making degenerate gameplay choices.

Why are you forsaken? What does it mean to be forsaken? Nope, that’s gone. That’s way too inconvenient when they can just get people to reroll every time their class gets borked.

Yeah, haven’t we had large number of people dropping for them trying to cater to the casuals? I’m not saying they should ignore casuals, just if you ignore the hard core, it will deter the semi casual- “medium core” like people which could make it harder on the casuals to the point that it could just have a massive trickle effect. A lot of casuals don’t know what they want and some just plain don’t play that often.

All this said, I still think it needs a healthy balance. One thing I love hearing from them that I HOPE they REALLY stick to is alt friendliness and even RIGHT out of the gate. That stuff helps out both the casual crowd and hard core. I’d love more MoP stuff where we had increased rep gains if our main is revered or something. I hate rep grinding but I understand it’s a necessary evil sometimes.

ah yes preach said this. Also, screw the momentum build.

2 Likes

In Ralph’s defence all my characters look exactly the same with almost identical names

I like to pretend they’re the same character because they haven’t given me the option yet to level one character as all classes yet