Thank you for removing multi boxing

And you have a blue post on this where?

It is a form of cheating and it’s up to Blizzard to make the right decisions instead of the wrong ones. LoL :slight_smile:

You cant target by name in combat anymore unless the target is in your group or raid.

If multi-boxing is cheating then usage of any addons should be cheating and Blizzard should make the right decision on them as well. :wink:

5 Likes

Probably the fact that the method for emulating Focus is not present in Classic Beta. It was specifically removed.

I’m just saying you’re talking about addon creators. If WoW’s addon history tells us anything then nothing will be surprising to see.

So many people are ok with something that was in classic being removed because multiboxer use it. They would probably shoot themselves in the foot if you told them their foot was multiboxing.

6 Likes

sounds like you are a concerned multi boxer tbh :smiley:

Dunno who you’re replying to but I’m not concerned. Got it all tested and ready to go.

1 Like

They’ve said its perfectly legal repeatedly.

People who don’t actually want to fall into the cheating aspect of it?

Because we’re not getting the Vanilla model, nor are we getting the TBC model, but rather the lobotomized version of both.

I use focus macros for tank healling, cc, and interupt macros.
Most multiboxxes dont use focus macros.

2 Likes

Clickbait title is clickbait.

:cocktail:

2 Likes

Having an NRA, eh? Sounds deathly serious
by the Great God LooL, as we used to say in Starcraft Brood War in 1999.

1 Like

That would actually be nice. No addons no pay to win « multibox » pure straight skills to suceed

1 Like

So like 0.000001% of multiboxers? Everyone uses multiboxing software.

1 Like

You realise that the people you hate, are completely unaffected by the thing you’re crowing about. Those 5 mage fireball squads don’t use focus, and they will continue to pwn you in battlegrounds. If anything I might see if a few people I know are going to be doing it, and let them know to say hi if they see you.

Only the type that people hate, which are completely unaffected by what the OP thinks broke ‘multi-boxing’. Those of us who do it for simpler things like casual levelling of alts get shafted while the 40 man multi-boxers and their illegitimate software continue.

3 Likes

Eloraell,
The people celebrating fail to realize it’s mainly used by regular players and dual boxers. Multi-boxers will have their own workarounds and continue to tick these kinds of people off.

1 Like

as a former mulltiboxer, nothing has changed
 except those who are so bad at multiboxing who use certain types of multiboxing assist programs to target assist what your main targets (aka automated multiboxing; aka botting).

This wouldn’t affect those multiboxers (those like myself) who instead have our other accounts just mirror/mimic our keystrokes/actions from our main window and utilized hotkeys for follow, etc
 and made and used custom macros for your box team.

So really the complaining are probably from those amateur multiboxers
 those who rely way too much on automation software that essentially made their multiboxing like a botting multibox, where you just really control just your player and the others in your party/raid controlled themselves (cast their own spells, react to threats, follow you automatically, etc), but wont affect those who like myself instead used software to instead clone keystrokes across multiple instances of wow

Personally, I use to use ISBoxer, as far as I know, this software isn’t affected by the changes, and if it was it’s comprehensive enough to have alternatives to if some aspect of it did break due to changes
 And taking a quick look at the ISBoxer forums, it would appear it’s not affected as I see no threads discussing anything breaking or not working, etc.

Anyways, Blizzard’s official stance on multiboxing is and has always been, it’s ok
 there are actually various blue posts from Blizzard stating this reality. The only type of multiboxing Blizzard aren’t ok with are those which are essentially botting, where the characters in your box are controlling themselves automatically (i.e. casting their own spells, or automatically returning/following you, etc
), however those which you control manually, through your own keystrokes, even if those keystrokes require software (i.e. ISBoxer) to relay it to multiple instances of wow, just the fact that you had to manually press a key on your keyboard, click your mouse, or whatever, Blizzard is A-OK with that.

7 Likes

Actually, its the people who relied on the built in macro unit ID focus because we don’t want to do the heavy multi-boxing with third party software. I have no desire to use anything but the built in systems, but both the Vanilla version of that system and the TBC onwards version of that system have been disabled by the removal of focus as a unit ID.

3 Likes

So no real big hindrance then, as there’s always alternative methods or simply invest in some of the 3rd party multiboxing tools/addons such as ISBoxer, especially if you’re serious about multiboxing

I personally wasnt a heavy multiboxer, so no 20+ man boxes, but just a simple 5-7 man box of hunters, especially back when piercing shot was a thing
 insta-death even to a 5.4 tank back during MoP, or op barrage during WoD (wipe whole groups in one attack), and the 25-35 pet stampedes before Legion ruined it was just epic :stuck_out_tongue: 
 Fun times
 too bad Legion pretty much destroyed hunter’s OPness, and BFA is a snorefest, otherwise i’d probably still be multiboxing hunters today :slight_smile: