Thank you Blizzard for the tuning

Very timely and as far as I can tell, all good changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeh bring on the next batch of overtuned specs

As far as my alts are concerned, I’m really excited for the frost mage damage buffs. Damage was feeling horrible when looking at meter and securing kills.

Not saying Frost doesn’t deserve some love here.

I am not looking forward to Frost mage + lock (almost any range).

Pillar is my best friend, pillar is my best friend, pillar is my best friend.

3 Likes

As an unh dk player also, I can respect that nerf. Definitely fair.

Also happy that hpal is getting a little mana regen love :slight_smile:

Wish you the best in avoiding a frost mage + lock meta. I’m not too worried about that, but can definitely appreciate that that comp would make for a miserable meta.

Had Lock, Aug, frost mage lobby. Left the pillar with wall or SoV and freedom up every time.

Got about 3-4 swings in then snare/rooted, took immense damage and had to hide again. Sniped 3 wins in that lobby somehow, wasn’t to bummed about it as I’m returning after a long layoff, figuring things out again.

1 Like

These frost mage buffs seems a bit too high? idk

Nah, frost mage damage was really bad. This probably will just make it A tier tbh.

Yes, thank you for the tuning but we’re completely overlooking the fact that they’re nerfing buffs they made a week ago? Is that not concerning to anyone? It’s like PvP specs are being managed by school children at Blizzard. There is zero testing going on at Blizzard for PvP. It’s all spreadsheet analysis, which is why we get sweeping buffs and sweeping nerfs a week later.

I was at Blizzcon and all I heard was respecting players time. Their approach to PvP is the very opposite of doing that.

3 Likes

Was it that they made specific pvp buffs or did they do overall buffs which effect pve and they now nerfed them for pvp specifically? Would it be nice if they did the pvp adjustments as soon as the pve buffs came out? Of course it would - but who knows, perhaps it’s different teams.

i mean it’s not surprise PvP takes a back seat to PvE

all the dh, dk, assa ect changes coming into this patch were all PvE tuned

i don’t think it’s a ridiculous guess to assume that the “PvP team” doesn’t have the time or bodies to get the data internally on how some of these massive PvE changes effect arena

it’s lame that we end up being live beta testers for a few weeks, but if you’re implying the changes are wishywashy you’re completely fried

Was it? I had a frost mage in my shuffle lobby today and if we didn’t train him from start to finish every round we’d just flop over and die to his damage (I know because we didn’t do it the first round and got obliterated in the first 30 sec).

Specifically PvP tuning is what happened here.

The M+ tunings were to encounters, not specs.

I don’t think the raid hasn’t been cleared yet. PvE tuning will probably happen sometime after that.

are you okay?

re-read the conversation

Define bad because 300k+ glacial spikes and Rays of Frost that will 100-0 you if not interrupted doesn’t seem especially bad.

Not commenting on the relative strength of frost mage or anything, but to say their damage is bad seems misinformed or disingenuous.

They may struggle to get their damage off but that’s different than having bad damage.

Oh, you were serious about the lack of time/bodies and thinking you are beta testing thing?

You are not beta testing. You are simply testing and providing data for proper tuning of the game that you play. The PTR is not the game that you play.

PTR is to find and fix bugs, stress test, and test functionality of anything new that has been added to make sure players can progress though content.

You would not not be happy if they balanced based on PTR data.
A players point of view in a testing environment is going to be vastly different to what it will eventually be in the live release with their own characters, and the environment changes on a regular basis making a lot of that data invalid anyway.

It is not negligence. They doing this properly.

1 Like

there’s zero expectation that the patch ships without required tuning

there’s zero excuse for 10.0.7 retribution, 10.1.5 aug, 10.2 demonhunter (and to a lesser degree 10.2 unholy) to receive massive PvE overhauls without one singular second of internal QA allocated to PvP testing

idk if english is just your 8th language or if you’re just completely toasted but how you missed that and ended up typing 600 words completely void of point or relevance to what I said is cooking me

watch out for disc (already extremely strong), locks are going to be crazy with everything else getting nerfed, warriors will be a little stronger also. WW Feral and BM are going to be much stronger also with the DH/DK nerfs.

Frost mages will be brought up a tier prob, Hpal will feel better not having to worry about ever going oom now. Also fire i think was a overall net buff too.