Thank god for no party sync in classic

I don’t understand the point of Party Sync.

Like, who is it for? Who cares for it? It’s such a stupid thing, I just don’t get the point of it.

IT’S SO YOU CAN BE LEVEL 60 WHEN PARTYING WITH YOUR LEVEL 21 FRIEND OF COURSE! DUHH… :slight_smile: (Actually syncing and replaying quests and the level difference less dramatic in later content, but the last post I replied to was right to be concerned about turning the game into an amorphous blob of random rewards.)

Also, sorry for the necro, I was googling what this 7GB download was happening right now and saw other current posts about party synch. Then I saw a post in classic about party synch on google results and just responded without noticing the date.

I understand how it functions, I just don’t see the reason for it.

In FFXIV’s case, it’s so higher level players can queue into low level dungeons and not completely destroy the dungeon experience for low level players.

Because players have friends who are leveling their characters and would like company.

Now you don’t have to choose between giving up any sort of progress on your own character or playing with those friends. If you go hop in with your pal, you get rewards that are scaled to your level regardless of what content you do together.

It’s a nice addition to let people play at all levels with one another in Retail and maybe enjoy some older content. (That’s a good thing.)

2 Likes

You aren’t incapable of joining them just because you’re a higher level. It just makes things faster for everyone involved. It’s stupid and a waste of time.

Basically, on the games backend your level doesnt really exists, and math scales the game world so a level 10 and a level 120 will contribute a similar amount to a fight.

Why they still have player levels when power in the open world is no longer tied to your level in any way, as the level 10 will prob do more damage than your 120 in raid gear, because thats how their scaling works.

Kind of like how you were stronger at 111 in BFA content than you were at 120 in raid gear, although the twink 111 demon hunters powerleveling people through islands was always funny.

Level is so divorced from power, and XP just becomes AP at the level cap, so why have an XP grind next to the AP grind, since they are effectively the same reward system to our brains.

I think party sync is fantastic