Thank god for no party sync in classic

Why bother leveling up a character, gaining power and prestige, or whatever, if I go to old content and I’m just as weak as I was back when it was relevant to my character?

because before you leveled up your character you were unable to do content higher level than your character. duh.

Don’t try to argue with stupid.

I started playing in the Beta for Vanilla. The game has come a long way from the god ole days of being Actual unread with Common where pallies and preist could CC you. Where Strathholme tower ACTUALLY attacked out instead of just stood there. Still miss that part of Strath when the towers attacked you

Y’all do understand that the level scaling only kicks in if you’re grouped with someone else right? So if you want just to annihilate RFC or whatever, you can still do that solo. Its also a little unclear, but the phrasing of “choose to join them by having their level scaled down” also makes it sound like you can choose to scale down or stay at max level for powerleveling. We’ll know for certain once its out on the PTR but that’s probably the way it’ll work as its the only sensible way.

This is pretty clearly Blizzard just playing with some new tech, likely as a trial run related to the level squish in the next expansion.

World scaling was a weird mistake. If there is nothing to compare your progress to, it can easily seem as though you’ve spent hours just to stay in one place. That being said, ‘party sync’ is something that you are temporarily opting into to hopefully make your time w/ friends funner/more challenging.

It’s cool that friends of varying levels and experience w/ the game can just click a few buttons and go through memorable quests together or go through other ‘timewalking’ moments/instances.

The complaints about party sync are weirder than when people talk about how easy Vanilla was, only to insist on having the most ideal gear, talents, and group compositions.

Blizz doesn’t seem to care about low level balance.
Some classes can AoE incinerate mobs at lower levels (ex: Monk), whereas some take forever to kill even 1 mob (Shaman). A level 3> with access to heals can probably take on 3 level 8-10 mobs at once w/o too much risk of dying.

1 Like

So I want to max my character level so when I go do old content I outscale but get scaled to, is because I can’t do content higher than my level.

Yeah. If my character is max level I’m not sure what other content your talking about.

So I want to max my character level so when I go do old content I outscale but get scaled to, is because I can’t do content higher than my level.

am i supposed to understand what this says

Every other MMO already does this. Guild Wars 2 made it popular I think. WoW is just catching up to all other MMOs. This is not a new concept.

Even Matrix Online had a (mostly broken) scaling function that worked on mob levels as an average of player level.

1 Like

Who else here bets that leveling will be removed from the game eventually?

I mean my god, at this point can we see a pattern that your level is becoming more and more irrelevant each passing expansion?

1 Like

I think people don’t understand what party sync does. It doesn’t scale you.

What it does is simple sync everyone to the same phase on a quest they are currently doing.

So say you have 4 people

2 of them are just starting
1 is on phase 3
1 is on phase 5

It will put everyone on phase 1 and put everyone in the same area so they can see each other.

It doesn’t scale you at all and only works on quests the entire group is on.

2 Likes

There’s also this whole bit:

We’re also relaxing level restrictions on queueing for instanced content with your friends. This allows lower-level players to queue for content in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance. This feature will be available for dungeon instances for PTR Week 1, with PvP instances being flagged in the following weeks. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled down via Party Sync you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite traits) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.

Which for me… idk, I’d prefer to just rush my brother’s low level main through raids to help get him some easy transmogs or quests completed.

It’s confusing and I think they’re over complicating this issue when there’s more important issues to address like sharding or azerite.

1 Like

All this scaling, and queuing, and zoning to and from… it doesn’t feel like you are playing a real character in a real world anymore. The world is just a selection menu. It doesn’t feel like your character progresses, because there is no evolution from weak to strong. The game has become unrecognizable when compared to Classic. It seems there are few RPG elements left.

1 Like

higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down while they’re in the instance

Thats instance. Not quests. Difference.

You said party sync doesn’t scale you at all, and all I did was quote word-for-word the part of the announcement that said that it does. Just stop.

I don’t know why you’re trying to argue you’re right here, it scales you down… Blizzard can’t possibly be any clearer

You know Path of Exile does this same thing and it works out pretty well for friends, but it does take away that feeling of you being ridiculously powerful in the earlier areas you once struggled with. Soon enough they should just remove power at all and just give every single enemy the same health and everybody automatically maxes out their damage to the same level. This way they can ensure you spend 500 hours climbing through the world no matter what you’re doing - that’ll retain players, right?

/moo

Now, if you’ll excuse me. I have to go punch some bears to get my unarmed skill up! Just hope a spider doesn’t start spitting venom at the same time or things’ll get rough. Also got me some flint and tinder and wood to try cooking out in the wilderness!! LIKE A MAN… COW!

Why are you replying to a post from July?

“Why are you replying to a post from July?”

I blame google! Awesome name btw!