Terrified to main WW

You have to pretty much ‘bleed green’ to main a Monk at this stage. All the bad news surrounding monks has effectively spooked me off maining a Monk. I was looking forward to trying something different and shaking things up some by playing a new and exciting class. But…SL just doesn’t appear to be logical time to jump aboard the Monk train.

I’ve decided to move on from the Monk as a contender and I’m now exploring other classes and specs. GL to the hardcore Monks who choose to stick it out.

5 Likes

Sorry to here that good luck and maybe things will change before launch.

#KungfuStruggle

1 Like

Tired of out parsing players in my guild and still doing 10-20k less DPS. To the trash bin with monk!

After the radio silence since the glimmer of hope from that blue post, it will be another expansion of garbage bin tier dps for monk. Good luck to any of you who continue to suffer in vain.

4 Likes

That’s exactly the problem with DPS mains. You all think you need to be top DPS to be “successful”. I’ve mained Feral and Monk for 4 xpacs, and my damage was not ever the reason I didn’t get brought to a raid. The fact that we have ZERO utility was the reason I wasn’t brought to the raid.

Feral and SV are in the same spot. They offer no utility at all that their other class specs don’t already bring. Why take a gimped Feral when you can bring a Moonkin that has all the same utility? Why bring SV (even in BfA where their damage is insane) when BM has the same options and no melee requirement?

We need to get back to a point where EVERY SPEC had its own unique debuff / buff to bring to a group, and they needed to be carefully mixed and matched for the raid to work. No more class wide BS that just forces guilds to exclude a spec because “the other spec” is just a better option.

I’m giving up all the mobility to go play DK for no other reason than ALL THREE of their specs have amazing group utility, and they will be mandatory in almost all content. If you combine all my M+ rankings on my Druid, they total 30. On my Monk, 36. Probably won’t be playing either of them this expansion, at all.

Its not so much as being top. Its more like I don’t wanna be 20+% behind the best dps. I wouldn’t mind 5% behind but 20% is crazy. It also irritates most monks that DH is a better version. DH is WW2.0. It also irritates people when MW/WW are getting ignored constantly. Go Look in the monk Beta forums. Its not just a select few. The entire forum is upset.

Antorus is probably the best balanced tier I’ve ever seen Blizzard do.
Beside Afflic lock and BM hunter it was the best balance. Look at dps#2 and UH dk. There isn’t much of a difference. Even the healer balance was good.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/17/#dataset=95

Do higher content and you’ll get denied for being the wrong class/spec. It’ll happen I promise.

SV is just bad and I’ve been saying this. Not many hunters wanna play melee. The people who do wanna play melee will do rogue or something. SV damage in BFA isn’t great but it isn’t bad.

Feral isn’t usually quite that bad. Its mostly mid tier but has its moments. Its more like you don’t bring Feral because resto exists and rogues. I don’t think boomchicken has anything to do with it.
Balance druids are almost always good. Have been this way since later WOTLK/cata.

I understand you point about particular specs outshining the 2 specs. People constantly tell monks to go BRM and its annoying.

I don’t think Blizzard will ever go back to this. They can’t even make specs with a rotation of more than 4buttons. They had to make every button be on the GCD because they felt some people have a hard time focusing on rotation and a boss fight lol. Not sure if you remember what feral was like in WOTLK. It was amazing if you could pull that spec off. You also did the highest ST dps in the game.

I guess you missed the part where my WW was top 6 US for M+. Top 8 for MW too. And SV in BfA is by far the best Hunter spec for PvP, and I’d be willing to bet even without any changes to SV, it will be again. It has far more control.

Everything I said still stands.

Why don’t you post on the Monk? I would think you would be proud of such a char. I don’t care what your rank is as well. If your that high ranked your doing it with a group that is setup. Your not trying to get groups with pugs. All i’m sying is your posting on an alt DH that has no nothing.

Also even if your 6th US you would still get declined for not being a druid/hpally. What is 6th? something like 5k+ iO. You should understand that at that rank you need a perfect group.

I also agreed with some of your post. You didn’t refute anything as well. Just saying everything stands is a losing leg to stand on. I never said SV was bad at PvP. It isn’t great at PvP as well when compared to other classes. SV looks good because MM/BM are so bad right now lol. I don’t even PvP and I know this.

I never even mentioned PvP until this post lol. Also, I don’t care about pvp because it simply garbage in BFA.

OP - it is true that WW has issues, and it’s also true that for some reason Blizzard is fine doing a bait and switch with “fixes”.

But unless you are doing cutting edge hard core early season +20 or top world raiding, WW is going to be absolutely fine. There are WW on the Beta who do big damage right up there with the rest.

Will it be the best dps? Probably not. But will it be really fun? That’s mostly on you to decide, but imo WW is still a blast.

The spec is a buggy mess that is unable to be tested properly in shadowlands and is considered to be a tire fire by those who play it.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

3 Likes

I’m honestly sick of hearing that. If that’s the metric being used “only the 1% are gonna be affected/care” then no classes need any work. If we just set the bar that since our pink parses are as high as they are, regardless of how it compares across the board then everyone is fine no one needs fixes. It’s more than just dps numbers

1 Like

Man the WW squad coming out hard on the salt train.

I didn’t say there weren’t bugs in the spec. I didn’t make an excuse for Blizzard blatantly ignoring monks after promising changes. I didn’t say it was going to be some uber top tier contender.

I said that the spec is going to be fun. The spec is still going to function just fine in most aspects. You’re still going to be able to kite and laugh at ret paladins as they flounder hopelessly in the dust of your chi torpedos. And if you’re in a guild, it’s going to perform numbers wise absolutely fine to clear pretty much everything in the game unless you’re wanting to be the first one to do it.

Damn guys chill out direct your frustrations at blizzard themselves.

2 Likes

IDK how much fun it is when you climbing around bugs 24/7 as a WW. Or when our spec keeps getting these sweeping massive nerfs on the beta when we’re maybe mid tier at best.

I ran into at least 15+ bugs last night while on the beta. Blizzard isn’t doing jack to help monks. And I as well hate when people use the your not 1% so it don’t matter line. And i doubt PvP will be worth mentioning in SL still.

Also feels bad when you get a pink parse as WW to only be passed by a blue parsing mage /lock. That problem is looking to persist in SL at the rate we’re going. Everyone loves to parse NOT just the 1%. Its fun to parse with friends in a raid.

Sorry but every thread we keep hearing what you posted as why Blizzard doesn’t need to bother, everything’s fine, or whatever else the want is to think. I’m sure plenty of people could enjoy the spec. But it’s bugs and low ceiling can turn people off.

That’s 100% not what i said at all.

On these forums, on wowhead, on MMO champ, Twitter, reddit, every possible feedback thread - i have backed up, and given feedback, that monks need to be fixed. I have given feedback on the PTR and the Beta that they’re a mess, and that they need work.

But honestly:

That’s a problem for sure. But the immediate response when someone saying “yah it’s buggy but it’s pretty fun to play” is to go at that person like they’re the worst scum of humanity is 100000% a bigger turnoff lol.

The OP asked if they’d be okay. The majority of responses were focused on Low parses and bugs, which yah are an issue. But since literally forever, those things didn’t prevent any player from doing any kind of content with friends and guildies and playing what they actually want to play because it’s fun.

There are problems with monks. Play on the PTR and Bug report the heck out of them. If you want bugs to get fixed, you need MORE people to play the class/spec so that MORE reports come in. Telling people they shouldn’t play the class isn’t going to help anything except motivate blizzard to further ignore it.

The whole thread is full of feedback. Over 500pages. Blizzard still isn’t doing anything. Over double the DH posts and we still can’t get diddly SQUAT!
Telling people the truth about the class isn’t going to hurt this class anymore than Blizzard has.

Just revert the class back to MoP. That ez Blizzard!

1 Like

I really would like to see haste be a useful stat agian…

1 Like

But you tell selective truths.

Is WW buggy? Yes. Does WW on LIVE have weaker DPS? yes

Is WW a far more interesting spec to play, mechanically? Yes. Does it have fantastic mobility? Yes.

Do DPS meters and Parses on the Beta actually mean anything at all because it has been flipped on heroic week since BC? No. Will attacking people who encourage others to play a class they have fun help get the class fixed? No.

Hunters have 756 and have a survival spec which is currently hilariously terrible in almost every regard. Discouraging people to play a spec because of parsings isn’t going to fix anything.

2 Likes

I really think you are gas lighting at this point. We can’t reason with you nor do you understand the situation. You claim one thing but say another.

1 Like

That as well! I’d also like MW to be able to use mastery again. BFA had us running away from mastery like it was a plague.

Nothing is going to fix both specs.

Surv was a mistake from the 7.0 revert. Nothing wrong with surv except that it is melee. Most hunters see melee surv as a sin. Surv was great in 5.0 and 5.1. It was nerfed horribly for 5.2 so people would perceive it as bad.

What are you even talking about?

You’re saying that me telling some guy that WW is a fun spec to play means that i also haven’t given feedback that it’s buggy and needs work?

I’m saying that telling people to not play a class in the next Xpac because of parses is a pretty silly idea because they always do a tuning pass the week of heoric. 100% of the time. I’m trying to encourage people to play what is fun instead of what is “meta” because for 100% of the playerbase that is a more enjoyable prospect.

Not even remotely

Except for the hundreds of responses that it’s not melee and there’s other core fundamental issues with the spec.

1 Like