Terrible New Player Experience

It’s just a matter of persistence and commitment
Either it’s important enough to log in daily and do the work or it’s not.
I grinded out the high mountain rep after the fact so I could play a high mountain tauren. I had largely avoided questing there as I disliked dealing with the terrain.

It’s cool storyline though. A highlight from Legion for me.

While I fully agree that the ways to earn reputation could be increased, what makes you think waiting a year will make things any better? You can elect to do only emissary dailies when they come up and get the rep you need before that year is done. If you do nothing, you’ll have wasted a year and still have to earn that rep.

True, idk I am just venting xD

1 Like

Because being crap the first time doesn’t excuse it continuing to be crap forever. You should go live in the wilderness and use only stone tools, afterall, that’s how it used to be done, and you don’t like things improving it seems.

As per my original post, working and grinding for things is fine, if on a character you actually care about. It’s part of the experience. The way allied races are implemented is like giving someone 2+ weeks of busywork before they can even BEGIN playing your game.

1 Like

this is why blizz only gets returning player not new players. Wow needs more races and choices with out so many loops to jump threw.

2 Likes

As someone with alts of everything at 120 (some duplicates even), I disagree with this. Allied Races feel like a boon because they start at 20. I make an alt because I want to level. Just randomly being so close to the level cap of that expansion doesn’t make much sense to me. If I’m going to level, I want to actually level. I feel like 20 is a perfect starting point. Can immediately turn on warmode, can immediately queue for dungeons, already have your first talent point, and you have a plethora of choices involving what zone you wanna start in.

1 Like

And yet the selfish basement neckbeards keep pushing nonsense that kills new players and stay ignorant of the fact that this game will die without new players

4 Likes

Once he gets the rep for the Nightborne, then he gets to do the questline to actually unlock them. So it’s not instant when you get the rep. Sorry.

The main problem I see with it, and with Pathfinder by extension is the forced time gating. The easiest way to fix it would be to put mobs that granted rep when killed, Then if you want to grind mobs for hours you can at the very least get rewarded for it and progress at a pace you feel like progressing at.

2 Likes

I have multiple max level characters as well. I’ve played the game for a long time and have all the classes represented already - the only time I’ve duplicated classes is on the other faction. I know there are people out there who level six death knights/hunters or whatever - I just don’t feel enjoyment repeating the same class experience over and over again. And I know I’m not the only one. The current Allied Race implementation forces this onto people, particularly if they want the heritage armor.

I think the allied race requirements are excessive and would rather just have the revered as requirement, bit already ground that out now.

You’ll get there.

Hey now, have a loot box and be happy.

Yea stoopid! Why would you assume that the nightborne side quests would give nightborne rep! LOL come on man THINK!