. ten characters

80k for BiS gear is too high?

I wish it was 80k. Try 240k.

Are you seriously asking where botting and automation is against the rules?

1 Like

Are you seriously not understanding the topic at hand still? This is the same low effort bait posting that would respond to the multiboxing debate threads that couldn’t understand what was going on and assumed everyone was botting.

Cancel scanning as a practice has been far more disruptive to the economy than boosting was, and they recently severely restricted boosting. This gives me hope that one day cancel scanning will be eradicated, and consumables e.g. flasks on my server will go back to a reasonable level (they are currently 300% more expensive than this time last year for example)

Buy 500 WoW tokens, buy everything he sells and flip it for an even bigger turnaround!!

2 Likes

That’s not cancel scanning, that’s individuals marking up prices. Cancel scanning is nothing more than keeping your auction at the top.

1 Like

Run away while you still can.

this works in blizzard’s favour. The higher things cost, the more wow tokens people will buy with real money. Nothing will be done.

Which is a tool that a small selection of people use to control the prices.

Not really. The best way to control prices is to own the majority of the item you’re controlling and stifle the competition by buying the undercuts and marking prices up. Cancel scanning on the other hand is used to compete against others in a market you’re not controlling.

You can’t even cancel scan like you used to. The AH throttles you after you post so many auctions and it’s painful to relist stuff. You can still do it but it’s not fast, it’s slow and annoying.

Relisting has been changed as well. You used to be able to spam your scroll wheel button then walk away. Now that each post requires one input, you have to “click” for every item you post.

Meh, you can sit there and press one button over and over pretty mindlessly though.

I’m going to play around with the API.
Also, I downloaded Goblin Stock Alerts and will poke around out of curiosity.

If you really can put in one call and get a dump of the entire AH that seems kind of crazy to me. Forgetting about having rules around it for a second, from a service point of view - Those are big payloads, it’s not like we are talking about 4 items.

Where’d you find a copy of it? I thought they were all taken down when the project was discontinued?

The github is certainly gone.

I just googled it and clicked on the pypi link, then clicked on downloads, and then downloaded the WHL link and extracted it to a folder.

Already skimmed through most of the code, looks like they put some work into this. There’s a companion wow addon in that folder as well.

Interesting, I didn’t know that copy was still around. It’s a great tool but it’s also out of date and doesn’t register most of the new items through the python code or the addon. It’s a shame they stopped working on it, it’s an invaluable resource for anyone who doesn’t want to use TUJ.

I’ll have to give it a full review and sign off on it before running or debugging any of it.

I have a lot to do today so not sure if I’ll get to it but I’m definitely making a point of investigating.

Enjoy your stay! There’s a lot to unpack between GSA’s performance and Auctionator’s unique api calling method.