Temporus Simia Negotium (IC Closed)

It’s the savory aroma of herbs, and spices that grab Izzabelle’s attention first. Then comes the acute pangs of pain as her stomach contracts. It’s not the pain in her gut that makes her raise her head, it’s the strong aroma off of food.

The stealth slowly fades away revealing her small form huddled against the wall. Lifting her head she looks over at Sericon. Izzabelle’s eyes dart from the food, that Sericon is offering her, to his mouth. Just looking at her Sericon can tell she’s worse off now, then she was before she fell asleep the first time. Izzabelle stares intently at his mouth. Her gaze seems locked on that and nothing else. As Sericon brings the roast duck to his mouth to take a bite. Izzabelle crawls the short distance to him, grabbing his arm she pulls it away from his face. She shakes her head back, and forth, at him. When she grabs his arm however all sound vanishes. Sericon finds himself unable to hear anything. Not even the sounds of his own thoughts permeates this overwhelming silence that has fallen upon him. It isn’t until Izzabelle releases his arm and rushes across the room to his desk that sound returns to him. When it does it seems much clearer more pronounced. He swears he can hear the cave crickets chirping from hundreds of yards away.

Izzabelle seeing the scrolls, the quill, and ink, on Sericon’s desk jumps to her feet and runs across the room to grab them. She quickly searches through the stack of parchment to find a blank sheet. Pulling one out, she takes the quill and quickly writes something on the parchment. Still holding the quill, she grabs the piece of parchment with her other hand. Rushing back over she drops to her knees before Sericon, thrusting the parchment towards him. There written in common is a simple question. Why can’t I hear anything? She frowns and grabs the paper back and adds something underneath it. Then turns it back towards Sericon again. It better not be that jerks doing.

While Izzabelle waits for Sericon to reply she frowns. Her body refuses stop it’s insistent trembling. She then looks back down at the food Sericon had offered her earlier. After staring at least a half dozen holes into it. She reaches for one of the smaller pieces of potato. She tries finding the one with the least amount of butter, herbs, and spices on it. Even with that she wipes of what she can. Then she takes a tiny bite, chews it for a long time before swallowing. She eats the small piece of potato in tiny bites. It takes her a few minutes to eat a piece of potato no bigger than a one inch square. Turning the parchment towards herself Izzabelle writes something else. This time however it takes her a while longer. After a minute or so she passes it back to Sericon again.

I don’t understand why everything is silent. I cannot hear my thoughts, or even form words in my head. It’s terrifying, I feel so vulnerable, at this time., thank you for closing the door. Also sorry for attacking that woman, I wasn’t trying to hurt her, I just needed to get away. I will say sorry for not eating the food as well. You had it made for me??? A few weeks from now I would most likely eat the whole thing. As you said… Yes I can read lips, it’s why I pulled your hand away from your face. It was obscuring my view. Oh the food, from what I’ve tasted it is good, but I cannot eat it. At least not very much of it. You must have notices that I’m severely malnourished. Because of this I need to be exceptionally careful with what and how much I eat. I sometimes go weeks without eating anything but a few pieces of bruised fruits, and moldy crusts of bread, if anything at all. I’ve never had what’s on this plate. Eating it could kill me. Not that it’s poisoned, just that my body might not be able to handle it. Back home a lot of the kids living on the streets died when they ate things their bodies weren’t use to after periods of starvation… Ummm if you can make me another one of those cakes and some water… and perhaps put a spell on the food so it doesn’t go bad…

from that point there’s a bunch of swirls, and doodles. Like the exhaustion from earlier was catching up with her again. Now that she was feeling a bit safe once again. That sudden burst of fear induced adrenaline, had left her feeling on the verge of a coma.

2 Likes

Letting out a yawn, Adelion stretches, her back arching. The warrior from earlier had left a few minutes ago. Now she was tidying up her small area, getting ready to head back to her room. She was going to be tested again soon, and it was best to be prepared. Dropping her hands back down to her sides, she brings one to the desk before her. She runs the tip of her finger along the natural wood grain. It had been smoothed out by the hands of a skilled carpenter. At times she finds it hard to believe that it is hers. The desk, the books, the quills, parchment, she had been prepared to live out her existence as nothing more then an acolyte. Fodder for those with true power some of them would say. Yet that wasn’t what fate had planned for her. Now that she had the potential to rise above the status she was told she would never rise above. She desperately wanted to now prove that she could become so much more then what she was now.

The door to the hospital like area bursts open, as two of the more prominent healers come into the area.

“Adelion you in here?” one of them calls out, having not seen her yet.

“Yes! I’m here, how can I help you?” She replies stepping out where the two can now see her. Her brow furrows however when she sees the troubled looks on their faces. “Is there something wrong?” She asks her fingers nervously twisting the soft velvety material of her healer initiate robes.

“There’s a massive Trogg attack happening down in one of the lower sections of the caverns. Those fighting them are going to need us to back them up.” The second figure, a middle aged human female states.

Adelion freezes, at the mention of Troggs, flash backs of the attack that had brought her powers to the forefront bombard her mind. Making a choking sound, she staggers backwards trembling like a leaf trapped in a windstorm. “I… I… ccccaaannn…”

The woman walks up to her and takes Adelion’s quivering hands in her own. As she does this Adelion can feel a sense of safety wash over her. “You will be okay Adelion, you will remain behind us. You are needed, rise above your fears and become more then what you are now.” The woman says her eyes looking right into Adelion’s soul. After a few seconds Adelion nods her head up, and down. Then they are out the door and rushing down the twisting paths carved into the rock that surrounds them.

They reach the battle just as the guard Captain and trainer Amberlei lets her hammer fly. Adelion looks down into the massive room and sees a group of three Troggs ready to end this one warrior. Speaking a few words the warrior finds his wounds closing up, the poison leaving his system, as he’s filled with renewed vigor. Bringing up his shield he slams it into the group of Troggs with a fierce battle yell. Adelion then sends a series of three powerful holy blasts into a Trogg that is rushing towards them. The first bolt slams into its chest, sending it flying back. The second hits the Troggs left side blowing the arm from its body. The third strikes its head, it explodes like a bomb set in a watermelon. The Troggs behind it, take damage from the bone shrapnel that pierces their exposed flesh. Adelion stands behind the other two clearly frightened, but still there.

1 Like

“Ye might think that this last sister might thank us for rescuing her! Should the Crimson Quell had not captured the sisters who’s to say another monster hunter would not?” Corttez said with a dark grin, the vessel and the pirates were just that, more than simple pirates or monster hunters. They were a crew unlike any other, pirates that learned how to be monster hunters or monster hunters that learned how to be pirates! It gave the Crimson Quell a unique advantage that other pirate vessel typically didn’t have, knowledge into the beasts of the deep… This siren just one of many tricks the crew was capable of using…

Corttez watched Miya work, he had no reason to add any words that of aggression towards the siren, he needed the beast worried and focused on his Quartermaster… Corttez stood behind Miya a dark grin on his face, thinking of his pets feasting on her scales flesh as the boat sloshed from side to side feeding the sharks in the ocean below…

Corttez folded his massive arms as Miya stood back beside him, “That she does not Quartermaster, but she will…” Corttez stated watching Miya’s handiwork finally roar to life… The insidious ways she worked would never have flown with a group like the Kirin Tor, most labeled Miya a hedge wizard. To Corttez such labeled didn’t matter, she was a pirate and one of the best among the crew… Corttez actually enjoyed Miya’s penchant for cruelty, far to often land locked peasants got this warped view of pirates, some sort of jolly crew of drunks that searched for gold while singing sea shanties… Reality was a much crueler mistress, Pirates were vile beasts, ready to steal from the daintiest of Noble women by butchering her children, they would drink grog in celebration of a good haul of stolen goods that might’ve gone to a town in need. Pirates sure believed in a form of freedom, they had no king or admiral to command over them, the sea was their place to roam, but they were not noble thieves, they were highwaymen of the sea…

Corttez continued with watch as Miya continued weaving a dark spell in the Siren’s maw, he noticed the slight glare of disgust from the beasts secretions… Corttez turned making his way over to a heavy chest in his room, it had been slightly obscured by a skull of a dragon turtle… Moving the skull and opening the container Corttez felt a tony prick before removing a strong rum from Tel’Abim, before also grabbing a silk cloth also in the chest…

Corttez nodded at Miya as she finished moving closer his massive size could be heard as his boots clomped hard on the deck… “I saw that there wincing Quartermaster… Use these…” Corttez stated, offering the rum and silk, the massive giant of a man knew of many uses for alcohol, one of those many was cleaning… The rum he offered was so strong it was nearly as explosive as the black powder he used for his gun, it would scout the area she used it of any filth… That’s when Corttez watched the beta of the hyena pack’s hair rise on her back…

“I believe your right…” Corttez stated listening to the hyenas begin to chatter towards one another anticipating the new meat coming upon the waves… If there was one thing Corttez knew, it was that hyena were NEVER full… The Captain grabbed the siren by the wings and pushed his way out of his quarters and above deck, he glared around before tossing the siren hard onto the wooden deck…

Corttez glared to the starboard side of the ship before reaching for a rope on the vessel and hoisting himself up only slightly… There they were, three incredibly tall frigates rushing through the waves, no doubt tide sages among their crew to increase their speed… “Aye there be…” Captain Corttez called out to the crew, the captain’s incredible sight letting him pick out the mere specks of wooden colors among the dark waves…

Corttez glanced down at the crew below, “Belay that!” The captain barked landing hard on the wooden deck as he let go of the ropes… “Nihsa, take the wheel, with the sea and wind at your call ye always be our best helmsman!” Corttez barked out glaring across the water until with a wicked smile he saw what he was looking for. “Can ye be taking us through those reefs without running ashore? We will be needing to head for those sea rocks near the Hillsbrad Foothills…” Corttez barked, his plan was to run the enemy ships aground on the reefs and sandbars! The siren would ensure any attempt to avoid such hull damage would be for not, then the Crimson Quell would fire upon the scuttled vessels! “Ready the cannons, and give no quarter!!” Corttez roared commanding the ship to prepare for battle!

3 Likes

“Tell me again, Stormgarde said what!!!” Dandreth roared his fury quite apparent to the maritime crew at his disposal… “Pirates Sir, stealing from the people, attacking our men! Headed out to sea!” A mage dressed in robes and maritime gear barked out, a ship’s magus there for massive sent from the home country… “Signal the other ship’s, tell them to spread out and ready the guns, we have pirates to hang!” Dandreth commanded, he stepped near the helm peering out to sea at the direction the pirates were supposed to be headed from. The frigates roared to life as primitive cannons were forced out, each ship having more than enough cannons to be reduce any pirates they located to a burning rubble, these were top of the line warships not the usual rabble of the sea!

The frigate formation sailed further towards the destination of the pirate vessel before Dandreth turner and barked out another command at his crew! “Get these ships moving faster I will not lose these pirates! Get the tidesages that the Kultiran’s loaned us to work overtime!!” Dandreth growled, around the frigates whips cracked in the air, “Captain demands more speed!” Roared a deep voice before another crack of the whips! The frigates lurched forward at increased speed seemingly fueled by the captain’s fury!

“Captain pirates spotted!” A crew member barked from the masts, Dandreth scowled at crew member before a dark grin formed on his face, finally he was about to get vengeance for his people. Dandreth glared our seeing the pirate vessel head towards some oceanic rocks near Hillbrad foothills… “Do these fools truly believe they can hide from our frigates behind some rocks?” Dandreth roared, “Helmsman, take us in! Signal the other vessels, Send that pirate vessel to the bottom of the sea!!” Dandreth commanded as the three frigates now moved in closer and faster like predatory raptors closing in on a kill!!

2 Likes

Miya smiles as she takes the Silken cloth, and potent alcohol from the Captain. “You know me so well Captain.” Miya states as she pulls off the sticky saliva, and blood covered gloves. Dropping them they burst into flames, disintegrating before they reach the floor. She opens the bottle of rum, pours a shot into her mouth, without her lips touching the bottle, then douses the cloth with some of it. Miya the meticulously cleanses both of her hands. The damage caused to them by her previous cleansing has wincing in pain. Still it doesn’t stop her from scouring them until they are red, and raw. She then pulls out a new pair of gloves sealed in a pouch. And slides them onto her hands. “Still you would thing with all we are doing for her, she would at least have the decency, not to slobber all over me.” Miya says, shaking her head, given the Siren a look of disgust she passes the rest of the rum back to the Captain.

Miya, follows Captain Corttez out of his Quarters and up to the deck of the Crimson Quell. She grins as she watches the crew, preparing for the inevitable retaliation from Stromgarde. “Captain Corttez, I know I mentioned teleporting us to the deck of a frigate.” Miya pauses and looks towards the direction the hyena, Marcc, and the Captain, are now looking. “Perhaps instead, we should take our little songbird.” She says with a cruel smile as she glances down at the Siren laid out on the deck. “ourselves, a pack of your pets, and some crew members, and use some of the rowboats. I can cloak us in a veil of invisibility, we should be able to get passed the pirate hunters. They will not be expecting an attack to come from behind them. *The Captain was alway great at reading his Quarter Masters intent. He understood her plan was to get the Siren past the frigates, and to the rocky shallows that lined the Thandol Span. The Siren would then help to Moore the hunters Vessels. Leaving them to the mercy of the Crimson Quell, and it’s crew. From there she could teleport the crew with them onto the vessels, for a little bit of fun.

Miya watches as Valenae loads, and aims one of the ships many cannons. Her sight allowing her to see the Frigates and those aboard them. Miya lets out a loud laugh, “Come Let is remind the fools why the Crimson Quell, and its crew are the most feared of all the pirates that roam the seas. Plus we could use more gold, goods, and meat to sell, and eat. The meat she referred to being the pirate hunters.

2 Likes

Nihsa doesn’t hesitate stepping up she takes control of the Helm from Marcc. “Aye Captain da wind, an da sea always be speaking ta me.” She says

“Aye Captain, dat I can be doing… Princess!” Nihsa says. Miya snorts and shakes her head, then activates the power enhancement runes on her body. At the same time Nihsa activates her own. Nihsa’s eyes become a milky swirls of white, silver, and grey colors. She is now connected to the verve sea and wind that is all around them. She can see through the eyes of the elementals. The sandbars, the coral reads, the large formations of undersea rocks. She can see the underside of the entire Crimson Quell. Grinning she turn the ship towards the rock shoreline. Those fools following them would regret coming after them. As she steers the Vessel she calls out commands. “12 degrees hard to port.” “Good, good, hold her steady,” “21 degrees Starboard now.” As she calls out the commands a group of the crew members rush to change the placing of the bow of the ship.

The steering of the Crimson Quell isn’t the only thing Nihsa is doing. With her powers enhanced, she is calling upon the sea and the air, to crest a thick fog around and behold Nd the Crimson Quell. This along with the Siren, would have those frigates land locked and fresh for hostile take over soon.

2 Likes

Aeseir’s eyes grew large as he was dragged from the ‘crib’ that they now had cone to calm their own, Jaseiah’s strength was always as strong as her determination when she wanted something BAD! Without a chance to protest even if he had truly wanted to Aeseir was dragged away like a tiger might drag a deer into the underbrush. When Jaseiah let go she asked her question prompting a normal response from Aeseir, “Ah yes, knowing these goblins it might be a term for castle or blacksmith!” Aeseir said shrugging.

Jaseiah continued down her train of thought speaking of goblins respecting strength and cash over anything else… Aeseir had to admit his sister had a big point, the respect the Kirin Tor and the Quel’dorei could gain by participating and succeeding in the goblin arena of fire was perhaps worth the risk especially for two great combatants like Aeseir and Jaseiah… Aeseir felt his elven blade in his hand, even now it felt impossibly light, perfectly balanced… “Let get goin-“ Aeseir began to start before a resounding explosion could be heard in the distance… Aeseir responsed in a typical soldier fashion his sword was drawn, his shield ready, “A attack??” Aeseir said glancing at Jaseiah…

Aeseir mustered his courage before leading onward, they were told to get fish but the elf had to atleast check out if everyone was ok… “You got my back?” Aeseir said, as if he truly had to ask, he knew Jaseiah would be there… Moving with a swiftness the elves ran down the tunnel scale until they saw some more regular style of buildings that were built up in the underground place that was the Undermine. A second explosion rang out followed by screams, Aeseir growled this couldn’t be good… Aeseir charged forward his blade behind him, his cloak flying through the wind when he veered a nearby corner and stopped hard… Aeseir gazed forward at a massive billow of smoke rising up from metal walls, it was a great Arena! Screams roared up once again, not of terror but cheer! “Well I guess we found the arena that Maff was talking about…” Aeseir stated slightly lowering his blade…

2 Likes

Jaseiah could hardly contain her excitement as she drug her poor brother out the door. Pulling him along behind her, she drags him a few yards down the street, before finally releasing him. The smile on her face speaks volumes, Aeseir knows that Jaseiah is going to some how manage to get them into trouble. Jaseiah is hopping from one foot to the other. She looks around at every thing, trying to figure out where they should go.

Jaseiah stops, turning to face her brother, she lets out a huffy little breath. Balling her hands into fists she places them on her hips. She rolls her eyes, before dramatically blowing a stray piece of hair off of her face. “I know what an arena in Aeseir. If he had mentioned a crib of fire, or perhaps a pad of flames. I might buy the whole castle, or black smith…” Jaseiah says, before her face breaks into a huge grin and she starts ranting about Goblins, gold, power, strength, etc…

Jaseiah’s smile gets even bigger, if that’s even possible. Once Aeseir indicates that he is ready to go. “Hey, what should we go and check…” the sound of an explosion in the distance, cuts off the rest of her sentence. Unlike Aeseir she places her hands near her weapons. But doesn’t pull them out. Nearly her entire focus is now on trying to distinguish the vocal expressions she is hearing.

Jaseiah follows Aeseir, as he tears off down the tunnel towards the screams, and the sound of the explosion. “We always have each other’s backs Aeseir, you don’t even need to ask.” Jaseiah states firmly. It’s the truth, no matter what, they always had each other’s backs. As the run Jaseiah just a foot or two behind Aeseir, Jaseiah continues to listen. Emotions could be expressed through screams. Jaseiah was listening for pain, fear, anger… the negative expressions that would accompany an attack.

A second explosion, shakes the ground and causes Jaseiah to stumble slightly. Quickly catching her footing, she continues after her brother. Jaseiah is now certain that there’s something going on, but she is nearly certain that it isn’t an attack. Now that she is closer, she realizes that it sounds less like screaming, and more like roaring…

Jaseiah runs right into Aeseir’s back, stumbling back a few feet she falls flat on her backside. “Ouch! Dang it Aeseir, what the heck did you stop like tha…”

Her words die in her mouth, as she looks past Aeseir, to the massive metal building before them. “Look at it Aeseir?” Jaseiah say her voice filled with awe. “Just look at it!” She says again with mounting excitement. Jumping to her feet she rushes up to Aeseir. Grabbing his arm in her pit bull grip, she pulls him closer to the Arena. “We have to check it out Aeseir. I mean seeing as how we are here and everything.” Jaseiah says with a large smile, an I’m up to no good smile. “Now I know what you are think Aeseir, that mom is waiting for us.” The grin that follows, tell Aeseir that Jaseiah has already gotten herself in hot water. She’s about to pull him in right along with her. “But you don’t have to worry, I rearranged all of moms notes it will take her hours to fix them. So we now have some free time.” Jaseiah states, as she pulls Aeseir closer, a third explosion rocks them on their feet.

2 Likes

Sericon nodded as Amberlei spoke, “Indeed, and such a name it is… It is exactly as I hope her very name revealing what she is… Promised of god… Her being what she is, carrying that name… Her coming here shows he too is not far behind!” Sericon stated his excitement apparent.

Sericon understood Amberlei’s concern he also recognized the elven women as one that took Varicar’s words very seriously… “I believe that this women will not purposefully and with malicious intent harm a member of the group, but she is scared and has been alone for a great part of her life, it is not wise to test her…” Sericon stated his tone serious, Izzabelle had lived alone and cold on the streets of brutish humans, her trust for others was likely low…

“I am certain that Izzabelle will help me in my research, her induction to the rest of the cult will be on my terms… She will be my patient…” Sericon stated, “As for the blade, it came fully alive, she is the closest thing we have to a actual meaningful connection to our god now…” Sericon stated he knew it was something she wanted to hear but he had also felt something between him and Izzabelle, he couldn’t tell if it worried him or not… “Izzabelle will be staying with me for now, as for later… That will be decided later…” Sericon spoke, with conviction he had made up his mind…

“Such information is true, but we can’t tell how close she has gotten to Eversong… Perhaps past Ban’dinoriel?” Sericon stated his mind musing the idea of where Izzabelle had been to find out what they needed to know…

Sericon nearly responded before the event occurred Izzabelle sprinting into action! “I am deeply sorry it seems I have been away to long from my research. I have everything under control!” Sericon barked before closing his door and locking it…

Sericon cursed under his breath, the other members of the cult would not like what just occurred… It wouldn’t matter though Sericon was in charge of Izzabelle, she his patient…

Sericon watched as Izzabelle revealed herself, now he could figure out the reason for the panicked attack, it wasn’t until her hand grabbed him that he had a idea of the state she was in… Silence… Complete and daunting…

Sericon paused for a moment scratching his chin, before coming up with a answer… “Perhaps it is a way your body defends itself?” Sericon spoke trying hard to make it easy to lip read what he was saying… “You are learning a new power recently reawakening, perhaps it is there to help.” Sericon said his mind considering it was perhaps a defensive adaptation to void magic…

Izzabelle are some small things, making Sericon feel better about her health, living on the streets so long had no doubt affected her…

Sericon read the note before responding, “I will tell the women, you are sorry. As for the food? It was made by a close friend one who helped in saving you, you can trust him.” Sericon stated he hoped he had not hurt her trust by bringing Skalaz’s food to her, the goblin was truly more understanding of how Sericon worked… They were both scholars and researchers… “I can make you more cakes and water as well as preserve the food… You must rest again.” Sericon stated he made a quick twist of his hand conjuring three cakes and a cup of water… With one hand Sericon slowly grabbed Izzabelle’s side attempting to move her back to the bed with the food in his other hand… “Eat and rest…” Sericon stated he placed the other food on a nearby table…

3 Likes

Izzabelle sat on the backs of her calf’s, staring intently at Sericon. His very presence calming her in this turbulent sea of silence.

She turns the parchment back towards herself and quickly writes something. So you think it might have something to do with the powers recently awoken within me? Maybe it could have something to do with the dagger from earlier? Izzabelle stops writing just before she has Sercon read what she has written, she adds something to it. Do you think this is permanent? Izzabelle gives him the paper then lightly picks at her food, eating very little of it. What she does eat is eaten in tiny bites. Taken the parchment back she writes more.

A look of genuine surprise appears on Izzabelle’s face, when she lip reads what Sericon says. Taking the piece of parchment back she finds a blank spot and scribbles. Save me? But nobody saved me! Turning the paper to Sericon, she points at what she just wrote.

Sericon would find that guiding Izzabelle back to her feet, and over to the bed. Was by far the easiest thing that he has has to do all day. Izzabelle moved where he guided her, not fighting it in any way. Once back near Sericon’s bed, Izzabelle sits down on it. It’s still warm from where she had been sleeping on it just minutes ago. She is still holding the quill and parchment in her hands. Turning the parchment over to the blank side she starts writing.

Izzabelle passes Sericon the paper when she is done. She then starts breaking off tiny pieces off of one of the cakes, before slowly eating them. Taking tiny sips of water between bites. She asleep again before she can even finish eating half of the first cake, or drinking more then a third of the water. Izzabelle is clinging to one of Sericon’s oversized pillows, much like a child would a a stuffed toy. Her fear, her pain, her distrust all melt away. Sericon can now see just how young she is. So young, yet already jaded, and damaged by a cruel world.

Written on the back of the paper.

I find myself drawn to you, yet I do not understand the reason why. Have you cast a spell on me? No! That cannot be it. I felt a pull towards you, back in Stromgarde. It’s how I got caught. I was trying to get closer to you. I won’t lie, I thought of trying to run from this place. I have trouble trusting those that threaten to kill me for no reason. I have more trouble trusting those who would follow such a person. Yet even if I did run, I know whatever this is that I feel towards you, would pull me back. It’s like all paths lead to you. So for now I think I will stay, with you, that is if you want me to? However I want nothing to do with that Horrid Elf from earlier.

2 Likes

Varicar placed his arms together, “Good, it would be well to cover our tracks against the possible investigations by the Kirin Tor…” Varicar stated, the words spoke by Amberlei making the elf truly wonder how much the Kirin Tor knew of the women… It could prove challenging to erase such a trail…

Varicar mused the idea, “I wonder how she will feel knowing the High Magus is a High Warlock?” Varicar stated, Sericon might have a hard task on his hands if he summoned a demon for service and the newblood simply cut it down…

“We understand each other then.” Varicar stated firmly, at some point the newblood would be integrated into the rest of the cult, repeated failure to do so was a grim thing indeed… Varicar needed not consider such dire options now…

“Perfect. We must maintain as much anonymity as possible…” Varicar stated… It had been many years since anyone had even heard of the fabled guardian, but Varicar knew very well the dangerous mage was still out there…

Varicar considered what Amberlei had said, they had rushed Izzabelle into the cult so quickly they had no idea what other forces were tracking her… What consequences this could invoke… It was a dire situation… Risking the cult for a new women who didn’t even trust them… Amberlei left but it wasn’t long before a different member burst into to grab the watcher… “Troggs! They are out of control in the lower caverns!” A bloodied cultist screamed before collapsing to the floor… Varicar moved over to check the man’s pulse, he was dead, his dying breaths given to warn the watcher of the breach…

Varicar cursed, this isn’t what they needed a damned trogg invasion… Rishing from his quarters the Watcher moved with a swiftness like a snake or tiger… To most it would seem like a shadow had flashed by as Varicar rushed to the caverns below, upon turning a corner Varicar beheld the chaos… Troggs burst through recent made cracks in the cavern walls, it was a horrific battle marred with blood, gore and fire… Varicar spotted Amberlei and Skalaz among the battle, the clever goblin calling forth burning flames to block several passages of the troggs… Varicar leapt into action swinging two swords around him like a blades top, the elf coming down hard on a trogg his blades digging deep into the creatures flesh. With a short roar of fury Varicar pulled his blades apart causing the creature to split in a shower of blood and gore, “Hold the lines! Skalaz collapse some of these breaches, we need these beasts to funnel through the holes we want!” Varicar commanded ducking the errant swing of a trogg before stabbing his blades into the creatures stomach… “Hideous creature…” Varicar growled before kicking the repulsive ape like creature off his blades and into the dirt. Flames roared out on the battlefield causing breaches to crack and sputter in no time at all they would collapse… Varicar moves among the battle a whirl of blades halting for a moment to retrieve a poleaxe from the floor, Varicar nodded respectfully at the fallen cult soldier before lunging forward with the poleaxe impaling a rabid trogg, the elf continued forward pushing the polearm head into the ground and pole vaulting over the impaled creature… Varicar landed next to Amberlei, “You ready?” Varicar said holding his blades ready to dive into the brawl once more…

3 Likes

Isaik could feel Yumara’s defensive attitude it caused the dark creature to grin, “A great challenge indeed, the tome is quite capable of defending itself…” Isaik stated before the tome returned to Yumara’s side cause a visible shift in her emotions…

Isaik watched emotionless at the scene unfolding, Izzabelle her life rife with pain and abuse had little trust for the cult… Isaik has a slight coy grin as he sensed her visible disgust for Varicar, it would appear Varicar was hated by many… Jericha and Izzabelle both despising the elf… The dark one wondered how this might play out with such feelings against Varicar… Would she even care if he died? Varicar could count himself lucky the wild god still enjoyed his presence…

Isaik watched Yumara exert a level of silence over Izzabelle, such things might cause some disturbance and distress but nothing that couldn’t be handled…

Isaik nodded crossing his arms back in front of him, “Indeed, but as all things do I suspect the truth will be revealed to Izzabelle soon enough…” Isaik stated, it wouldn’t be long before one of the two brought up the event in Stromgarde… Sericon or some other cult member would no doubt explain the deception used on the Stromgarde guards to rescue the young Izzabelle from execution…

Orion appeared his agitation apparent to the dark creature, the dark one said nothing silently listening to Yumara and Orion communicate between one another… Orion was ever insistent on Sericon leaving Izzabelle sleep, but see and listen to the powerful beings hidden within his room the elf did not… Isaik could’ve exerted a level of influence over Sericon, but it was for the best the dark creature did not involve himself in his own rebirth…

Isaik saw the timeless felines errant rage, his emotions could cloud his judgement… Isaik understood why Orion was infuriated, but the bonding of the elves happened more naturally, their mistakes would be their mistakes…

Isaik watched, Orion was correct the awakening had harmed Izzabelle’s psyche to a extent but the bond proved stronger, Izzabelle returned back to Sericon’s quarters the warlock trying his best to calm Izzabelle’s panicked mind…

It wasn’t long before the two bonded managed to mend the pain of the awakening, Sericon carefully feeding the women and answering her questions… This would be the moment if Izzabelle learned so soon that the cult had acted to save her not destroy her as she had originally thought, but Isaik stopped… No… It couldn’t be this timeline could it? Isaik sighed… “It appears we may not be here personally to witness the resolution of this communication between the two bonded…” Isaik stated waving his hands and causing a black rift to appear…

Guiding Yumara then he himself stepping through the rift they appeared on a dusty dull grey planet floating within the twisting nether… Before Isaik and Yumara stood Sericon, the one from the present affected by the magical curse his appearance like a void elf. Izzabelle, older than the one they had left behind on Azeroth and Rekkagg the scarred and determined Shadowmoon orc. Orion sat among them as smug as ever… Isaik finally was beginning to understand how it felt to be in the presence of such a powerful creature with unimaginable foresight like himself… “You to saw what I have? They need training to beat the one they are fated to end?” Isaik asked tilting his head and extending his arm.

3 Likes

Dandreth scoffed, “So you think a little fog will stop the Stromgarde?!” Dandreth growled before turning to the other crew members aboard his vessel. “Signal the other vessels, surround the fog, then move in, do not let the pirates escape!!” Dandreth roared his orders before pulling a long sword from his side and pointing it forward, “For king and country!” Dandreth roared directing the frigate into the fog, at first the entirety of the fog obscured all sight and in some ways seemingly sound… Dandreth glared at the fog, he would not let a single pirate free of the gallows or a watery grave… The frigate sailed slowly crawling through the water before with a loud crack the frigate struck something… “Reef!” Called a crewman, “Damn you! Get us free! Tide sages make yourself useful!” Dandreth barked before in the corner of his eye he spotted it, the silhouette of a ship! “There! Open fire!!”

The frigate roared into action firing all the cannons on its starboard side, the flash of cannons lighting up the fog in a red glow! Dandreth roared, “Reload and fire again!!” The captain demanded hearing the roar of cannon fire from the ship in the distance! Cannon balls ripped across the deck throwing wooden splinters like spears! Several crewmen gripped their stomachs screaming in agony as the flames and shrapnel pierced their bodies! Dandreth snarled dust coating his form, “Use grapeshot!” The captain demanded sending a volley of cannon fire back into the fog. In that moment the fog cleared away enough by errant cannon fire to reveal the other ship, one of the other frigates… Dandreth scowled, “Hold you fire!” The damage was done both frigates had been damaged by the exchange…

“Signal the other vessel, I want that captain reprimanded for being off course!” Dandreth commanded, before stomping his foot hard, “And get us off this damnable reef!!!” Dandreth roared at his crew members, they were know undoubtedly in danger given that they had revealed their position in the fog in a bout of friendly fire…

3 Likes

That he did, the captain knew all about Miya’s penchant for remaining clean… It was one of the reason she was his first mate and quartermaster, Miya was the best sailor for keeping the crew and ship in tip top shape!

Corttez heard his firstmate out, the large mountain of a man had a plan in mind using Miya’s particular skills. “Aye, we will be doing something like that.” Corttez said a clever grin behind his red beard… The Captain moved over to the edge of the boat the siren in tow behind him, when the time was right the plan would be set into action…

Corttez grinned watching the pirate crew get themselves revved up for a great sea battle, all that was needed was the point that set this powder keg into action… When the Crimson Quell struck, defending into action it would be with such force and strength the three frigates would be no match!

Perfect Corttez thought, Marrc stood aside ready to launch into attack or perform emergency repairs to the Quell should she take heavy damage. Though the crew was some of the scariest pirates on the sea one did not face three frigates head on without a devious plan of attack…

The Quell moved silently through the treacherous reefs and rocky formations moving into the perfect position for her battle as fog enveloped the sea surface… Now they were nearly there, Corttez could feel his crew anxious beyond reason to get some bloodlust out, to start the fight… Corttez glanced at Nihsa giving her the signal to turn the ship, they would have all her cannons facing out towards the incoming frigates… Now came the waiting game sitting silently in the fog the Crimson Quell awaited the right moment, Corttez moved near Valenae before whispering… “Not yet, hold…” Corttez knew Valenae could see the frigates as could Corttez himself… They needed all the frigates in the fog before they began… The captain aboard the lead frigate directed them in, the ship on his right following quick, the frigate on the left lagged behind… Corttez watched they needed all of them in the fog…

Corttez leaned near Valenae once more, “On my mark we fire… Ye think you can retire those tide sages?” Corttez whispered, before the two frigates in the distance opened fired on each other… Corttez rose from his position near Valenae, “Target the silhouettes of those two vessels… Break their hulls I want scuttled vessels…” Corttez commanded causing the crew to carefully aim their cannons…

Corttez glanced to the starboard of the Crimson Quell the frigate out there had yet to be caught on any reef, devils luck perhaps… “Yer time to shine, earn yer keep…” Corttez hissed tossing the siren into the sea… It was only moments before the hellish song of the winged demon rose upon the waves, the frigate on the starboard side once gliding with such care through the waves made a hard turn to port and crashed into a jutting sea rock… The two ships in front of began to fire again at each other! “Now fire!!” Corttez roared, he leveled his hand cannon at the lead frigate blasting a round of grape shot that peppered the deck! The captain of the Stromgarde fell to the ground! The Crimson Quell went into action as the full breadth of her cannons fired at once peppering the trapped frigates with cannon ball after cannon ball! Corttez pointed his hand cannon forward signaling to Nihsa to send the Crimson Quell at the scuttled frigate at their starboard side… “When we get within range, let’s commandeer this vessel shall we?” Corttez turned to Miya, a eager grin upon his face!

2 Likes

Amberlei ponders the question for a moment. “That would be interesting to see. It’s the new bloods dislike for demons that makes me question whether she can be trusted.” Amberlei states with a grim look on her face. “This cult is dedicated to finding and resurrecting one of the most powerful Demons of all time after all.” If this young woman hated demons, getting her to help them would prove a very difficult task.

“Agreed!” With that Amberlei bid the Watcher farewell and set off to speak with the High Magus. Which didn’t turn out as well as she had wanted. The High Magus should be happy it wasn’t the Watcher, his pet project had attacked. Still she Should let Varicar know of the incident…

(present time)

Amberlei spares a glance over at the newest priest. If she survived this, her first real battle, she could prove to be quite an asset. She was clearly frightened yet stood her ground. A Trogg leaps at Amberlei, thinking her distracted. Yet with an upward swing of her mighty blade. She takes cleaves off one of its arms, and half of its skull. Hitting the ground it twitches a few times before growing still. Leaping she land amongst a group of them, The shockwave caused by her landing blasting them away from her. She kicks the first Trogg away from her as it swings its blade covered in this blackish foul smelling ichor at her. Then in a whirlwind of blades she strikes, slicing into the other Troggs. Trogg Blood sprays everywhere as her blades carves into their flesh. Bloodied chunks of flesh, and muscle, litter the cold stone floor.

Amberlei would never grow tired of watching the Watcher. He attacked like a shadow moving through the night. His moves so fluid, one wouldn’t know their heads had been removed, until they were looking up at their bodies. Reaching down Amberlei pulls a dagger from the meaty part of her left inner thigh. The severed Trogg hand still gripping the blade. “I see you have decided to join in on the fun Watcher.” Amberlei says with a grin. Pulling a throwing axe from her side she lets it fly. There’s a thud, followed by a sickening crunch of bones being crushed. As the blade of the axe is buried into the skull, of an advancing Trogg…

The only warning Amberlei has is the rumbling of the stone beneath her feet. She turns her head quickly to see the Watcher, and Skalaz had noticed it as well. A moment later the floor beneath their feet crumbled away. Amberlei grabs at the rapidly disintegrating floor. Yet it proves a futile endeavor, her eyes snap over to where the Watcher had been standing. The dust from the crumbling stone so thick t was nearly impossible to see. As she falls, she suddenly finds her decent slowed, as one of the priests casts levitate on her. All around her she hears the sound of bodies and rocks striking the floor around them. There’s symphony of splashes, then there’s the cries of pain. The groans of agony, the gasps of shock. As the dust settles, Amberlei looks around her. Both Troggs, and Cult soldiers, are scattered about. Many of them moaning in agony on the floor, shattered bones and rock spikes sticking out of their mangled bodies. Still there small groups of Cult soldiers that are okay. Those that where saved by the Priests, the quick thinking of Skalaz. Turning Amberlei notices the large pool of water behind her. Some of the Cult, along with some Troggs are making their way towards the waters edge. From the looks of it they had fallen into a cavern that was at least 30-40 feet below where the originally were standing.

“Clap, clap, clap.” The sound causes Amberlei to look up. About twenty feet or so up the stone wall, across the cavernous room is an opening. Standing in the opening with four Troggs twice the size of any other Troggs is a woman. Her face is scarred beyond recognition, but Amberlei knows who it is. This woman should be dead, yet she was standing there. “When she speaks it has a deep guttural sound, that comes from the throat. “My, my, look who decided to drop in! If it isn’t the Watcher and his little dog… woof, woof.” The woman says with a cruel raspy laugh. She then conjures a ball of flame before her. “Is that sulphur that I smell” laughing maddeningly she sends the ball of fire down Into the room. *Crap! Now that she had spoken Amberlei could smell that the taint of sulphate permeated the air all around them. Not not that but the body of water had this oily layer atop it. Damn this was a trap, this was a massive fire trap.

Shield and take cover, she screams, knowing that for most this was the end of the line. There’s a moment of gut rendering agony as the flames wash over her, then it stops. The screams as both cult soldiers, and Troggs burn alive is almost unbearable. Death while fighting is one thing, this was something else entirely. It seems a lifetime before the flames vanish and the smoke clears enough for Amberlei to access the damage. All around her is the remains of burning bodies. Massive lumps of smoldering flesh and bones. The body of water is now a lake of flames, fire blackened bodies surrounding the edges. Nearly a fifth of her flesh is burnt and blistered. She looks to see that nearly eight tenths of those that had been fighting are now dead. As she looks around for The Watcher, and Skalaz, she sees the back of the new young healer. Walking slowly around her, she sees that her hands are thrust out before her. Not only that but they are now fused together as a burnt lump of flesh and bones. Amberlei realizes that the female had saved her life by shielding them. It must of failed at the last second causing the damage to her. It was clear that she was in shock and would need to be taken to a healer.

The only exits from this death trap was the floor which they fell through, and the opening that wretched woman had been standing in. Amberlei wanted nothing more then to pursue that horrid creature. First however she needed to find the Varicar m and Skalaz. Save those who could be saved, and get out of this place.

2 Likes

Speaking a word of power, healing light washes over a group of guards. Who are in the process of fighting back another wave of Troggs. The foul things are pouring out of multiple cracks in the walls. Another explosion of stone this one just a little ahead of her hails the arrival of more of these disgusting beasts. Luckily there was no one near to get ripped apart by the shards of stones as they exploded outwards. Adelion is terrified as Troggs start rushing out of the newly formed crack in the stone wall. Not only is she afraid, she is angry, so very very angry. These foul creatures stole her friends from her, changed her life’s course. Now they were before her trying to take even more from her. “Not my family!” Adelion screams holy flames burst from her hands, washing over the Troggs rushing towards her, and the other two healers.

Adelion breathes an audible sigh of relief when the Watcher joins the fight. Watching the way he moves, the way he dances through the Troggs, slicing, stabbing, it’s… “Adelion keep your mind going on the battle.” She hears, just as one of the older healers blocks a blow that would of crushed her head. “I’m sorry.” She says her attention now back in n the fight at hand. It was so stupid of her to let her attention wander like that. She could of been killed, others could of been killed. “I know the Watcher inspires admiration, and awe when others see him in action. But save your fantasies for a less dire situation.” The Woman states as she sends a wave of healing magic over some of the cults fighters. Adelion had never felt so ashamed in her short life. getting herself killed from lack of paying attention, was not the impression she wanted to leave.

The fighting is causing the priests, and priestesses, to have to separate to keep up with the demands on the healing. Adelion much to her dismay finds herself closer to The Watcher, and Trainer of the guard. She feels the floor beneath her feet shift, she watches as those before her seemingly vanish. She casts a rapid series of levitations on The Watcher,the Trainer of the guards, herself and a few others. She can hear the screams, the moaning, and sobbing of those in agony. The begging and pleading for healing or death, from those whose bodies are now broken on the floor. When the dust clears, the vision before her is one from her darkest nightmares. Just finished to her left lies a cult fighter. A series of large rock spikes pierce his abdomen. He’s choking on his own blood while trying to pull his guts off of the rock. There’s a Trogg near him completely crushed beneath the falling stones. She moves forward to help the soldier.

She doesn’t have time to think, she sees the sea of flames rushing towards her. Holding her hands before her she brings up a shield, one that covers about a 15 to 20 feet. Adelion feels the agony as the flesh on her hands begins blistering, bubbling up, before burning away. Yet she still holds the shield, even as the heat from the flames turns her tears to steam, that scorches her eyes. Adelion cannot see, her world is nothing but pain. Her hands hurt, the burning is unbearable. Her shrieks are lost in the cascade of howls, and screams, of fear, agony, and despair. When the flames vanish she sees her hands for the first time. Could they even be called hands, they were now just welded together blobs of flesh and bone. She proceeds to throw up all over herself before going into shock.

2 Likes

Yumara was aware of the tomes power, she knew it was more then capable of keeping itself safe. Yet she didn’t like it being away from her, and couldn’t help but think. Look at the damage that Salkeen, and Jericha caused. One should never underestimate the power of stupid people in small groups. Especially idiots with power. The Tome was now back where it belonged, so all was good.

Yumara now back at Master’s side tilts her head to look up at him. “Their version of the truth? Or her version Master?” Yumara asks before turning to look at Izzabelle again. Placing a hand on her abdomen she frowns slightly, “this one grows restless.” She states not as much to Master as she is just stating what she feels. What she’s feeling now is the beginnings of a headache.

For pities sake Orion, what the heck has your hackles ruffled up? Yumara asks while massaging her temples with her thumb, and finger. She was still recovering from Salkeen’s, Jericha’s, and Jaseiah’s, seemingly endless bouts of idiocy. She didn’t need to be dealing with more from an over emotional feline. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out it had something to do with Izzabelle. Orion no harm is going to come to young Izzabelle… Yumara says, hoping to calm him down, before he did something rash. Like taking her and leaving. Yet it was obviously not the right choice, or not the right words. Because he went off on a tirade, that had Yumara wishing to use her silence on herself. Right now being able to mute that yowling finicky feline would be marvelous.

Yumara can perhaps understand Orion’s anger a little. Having just used her silence on her. Waking up under its effects could be detrimental. look the two are bonded, he isn’t trying to purposely cause her any harm. Yumara says, knowing that it won’t reach Orion in the state that he’s in. Things go from bad, to worse, as Izzabelle awakens under the power of Yumara’s magic.

Before Yumara can speak Orion is gone, which greatly worries her. Yumara also worries about the damage that her spell can cause. She watches as Izzabelle attacks the Elven woman, before creeping back into the room. She witnesses Sericon trying to speak to her, which was useless. Unless she was looking at him, she wasn’t able to hear anything he said. Still Sericon somehow managed to get Izzabelle to eat. Even if it was a very little, it was something. Then he got her back into his bed, soon she was once again in a deep restful healing sleep. This sleep would take a while…

Yumara reaches over her fingers lightly grazing over the soft material of Master’s dark robes. She looks at Izzabelle lying on the bed, she knows that she needs the rest. Yet is uncertain as to whether she will get what she requires, before being woken up again. “Master, I hope you don’t mind, but I cannot afford to have Younger Sericon accidentally waking Izzabelle again. Until the silence runs its course, each time she awakens will be worse than before.” Yumara says, then there’s a slight shimmer around Izzabelle. Master having open access to her mind, since the Ahcirej incident, knows what she has done. She has switched the two Izzabelle’s, their Izzabelle was now resting and recovering within Yumara. While the Izzabelle from this time now slept in the High Magus’s bed. Luckily Sericon was bonded to both of them, Yumara just hoped the real-time Izzabelle would remain sleeping. Because the two were as different as day and night.

With that done she is guided through the rift of void by Master. To yet another Izzabelle and Sericon, this time the Shadowmoon Orc was with them. Yumara turns to Orion with an exasperated look. “Are you going to go hauling people into the past, whenever someone ruffles your hackles.” Yumara asks the obviously smug looking feline. Orion looks up from cleaning his paw, giving Yumara a bored look. Well it turns out that when it comes to fighting, that warrior Sericon I’d practically useless. You know kinda like how Warlock Sericon, was completely useless when it came to using his brain. Orion says with a slight hiss, still a little miffed at Sericon’s younger self. When Izzabelle returns from her past life experience, she has trouble excepting Sericon’s change. The two will need time to come together to form to powerful duo that will be needed to fight the Warlock. The Dark One has obviously seen this as well. Orion says with that smug look still on his face.

2 Likes

Valenae scans the frigates, her eye sweeping across the decks of the vessels. She can see the Cannoneers loading the ships cannons. She watches as the Tide Sages work their magic, to make the vessels glide faster through the water. She takes in the sights of the helmsmen, as they steer the ships, and shout out commands. She stands next to me of the Crimson Quell’s many cannons. It is loaded and ready, the powder monkey standing by, ready to reload as soon as it’s fired. Valenae has the Silencer at her side, ready to grab at a moments notice. She watches as the Frigate closest to them enters the thick misty fog, that Nihsa had summoned. Reaching to her side she lifts her gun. Letting the butt of the weapon rest against her shoulder, she carefully takes aim. The captain of the vessel is within her sights, she can make out the wrinkles on his brow as he scowls, while shouting at the crew. Her finger reaches for the trigger.

Valenae, slowly lowers her hand, then she carefully lowers her gone. “Yes Captain.” She says following his commands without question. She too now realizes that they need to wait for all of the frigates to enter the fog. While waiting for the command to attack she brings her gun back up and takes aim at the different pirate hunters. If she could she would gladly leave holes in all of their thick skulls. She smiles at the thought of their brains blasting out of the backs of their heads. The surprised looks on the face of those behind then as the a peppered bone splinters and bloodied chunks of brain, and flesh.

Valenae grins as she brings the Silencer back up and takes aim. “Aye Captain, I will see to it that those tide Sages, take an early retirement.” As she says this Valenae levels her weapon, she has the Tide Sage on the furthest vessel in her sights. A woman who looks to be n her early thirties. She is trying to make the water rise around the vessel to free them from the sand bar. Valenae would have none of that. Bringing her finger to the trigger she squeezes it. It makes no sound as it blasts from the end of her weapon, and shoot across the sky. On the Frigate the Tide Sage, falls over backwards onto the ships deck unmoving. Two crew members rush to see what is wrong. Flipping her over the see the bloody hole located between her eyes. Then the see nothing, and feel only agony for a few brief moments, as the woman’s skull explodes. Bone shards shred their faces, and puncture their throats. They are drowning in their own blood, as cannon fire shreds the hull of the ship. Without pausing Valenae turns, squeezing the trigger a second time she takes out the tide sage on the second smaller Frigate. Like the first, this one also explodes taking out those crew member that thought to save him.

Valenae now fires the cannon she is manning, the cannonball strikes the portside deck of one of the lesser. Wood splinters explode, piercing through the flesh of the wretched pirate hunters. Their screams like a symphony as the flames wash over them. The powder monkey starts to load the cannon again. Just as Valenae takes back up the Silencer, it’s now ready to be fired again. Valenae laughs as she gets the final two Tide Sages in her sights. “Say hello to early retirement boys.” With a hearty laugh she presses the trigger. There’s a flash then Valenae is thrown backwards across the ship. A sickening meaty crunch can be heard as she strike the main mast, and drops to the ships deck the Silencer thrown from her grip resting about twenty feet away. Stunned, choking up large mouthfuls of blood, she tries to get her bearings. It would seem that the Main Frigate had some form of shielding for its Tide Sages.

2 Likes

Nihsa sang as she maneuvered the Crimson Quell through the treacherous waters. She sang to the Elements that answered her pleas, that came to her aid when called upon. She sang in her language stopping now and then, to shout out orders to those of the crew who were manning the sails. The Elementals of water, and air, worked unseen, along with Nihsa, and the crew. They moved in unison, like a perfectly coordinated dance. They prevented the ship from becoming moored up on a sandbar. Or having its hull torn open by massive jagged formations of rocks, and reefs.

Nihsa gets the signal from the Captain to turn the vessel. They were about to take the offensive. The crew on those doomed ships had no idea what they were up against. “Da, elementals Dey be saying da best time ta turn da ship, be about…” she pauses for a few seconds “**Brace yerselfs,” She shouts her voice reaching the entire crew. Who grab at ropes, rigging, and anything they can find. “Hard to Starboard.” Nihsa commands, spinning the helm. The crew rush to change the direction of booms, they needed to work quickly. The Crimson Quell lurches to the right, those items and crew not secured go tumbling across the deck of the vessel. It takes moments, but feels much longer before the vessel rights itself. For now they wait, silently just outside of the thick fog, which the frigates attempt to sail through. Like a predator they wait to attack.

Nihsa grins as she hears the whoops, and shouts of the crew, as they aim and light the cannons. It is soon followed by explosions and screams of surprise, terror, and agony. dey tink Dey only be worrying bout da cannons. Nihsa thinks to herself with a smile, dey be wrong. Grinning she calls to the elements once more. Seconds later lightning rips across the deck of one of the vessel, tearing up to ship and crew.

Nihsa shouted orders to the crew who were manning the sails, soon they were gliding through the waves towards the scuttled Frigate. Within no matter ents they would be along side it. Nihsa just grins her tusks jutting out. The symphony of cannon fire, screams, and the sirens song, were lovely to listen to.

2 Likes

Sericon stood hair in his face, only moments earlier he had been standing in the subterranean domain and now… The void elf looked around at the desolate landscape, a grey dead world devoid of life and civilization, Sericon glanced to the sky the tell tale signs gave away… “We are in the nether…” Sericon spoke it was mostly just aloud to himself but also to those nearby… Sericon had noticed Rekkagg, His bonded, The Master and Yumara alongside with Orion, there location was no doubt chosen by those prime beings… But why such a desolate world, what was the possible reason for bringing them here??

Sericon moved around, he wasn’t dumb even though the others had yet to speak to him Sericon knew this had something to do with his bond to Izzabelle. Sericon leveled his gaze upon Rekkagg, The Orc meant this place would also be the training of ending that insipid warlock… Sericon didn’t understand why the great dark creature just didn’t use his great power to end the offending warlock? Had fate been so cruel to create someone the dark creature could never face, purposefully hiding the true person the master needed to destroy his nemesis until now? Why had any of this been revealed… Now?? Or had the Master always known but only recently been able to act on such things…

Sericon shifted his weight from his left side to his right side, if they were gonna train soon he had to be ready… But first… “What do you think of such a place?” Sericon asked facing Izzabelle, it was small talk but something. The warrior knew Izzabelle had been taken by the master to be fixed he just didn’t know how it went.

3 Likes