Temporus Simia Negotium (IC Closed)

Varicar nodded, his arms crossing once more, “Such a rare thing it is, that perhaps it is the only reason I relented to Sericon bringing this women… Despite my worries…” Varicar stated, this issue of trust with the elf wasn’t going to be a easy thing to let go until he know she wouldn’t sell them out…

Varicar let a small smile form but then let it fade, “In a world with the Kirin Tor’s guardians, the Unseen Path and all the other damned threats to those who practice this kind of magic and faith, we need a hard watcher to guide us through the dangers… Your part in this is just a valuable as my own…” Varicar stated, it was the truth, guarding the cult from betrayal or discovery was a hard job, more than most could handle… Varicar was grateful he did not have to do so alone…

“If I could I would deal with such things softer, but the cults safety is my number one concern no matter what… What good is it to achieve progress if such progress causes our doom before we gain true victory?” Varicar stated, he wondered if Amberlei’s words of her danger meant he should place the entire base under a lockdown…

Varicar nodded, “Your prying is justified, If one such as myself were compromised it would be your duty to know. But the women was brought here urgently because of her very nature.” Varicar stated, this nature was part of the very reason he was so nervous to bring her here…

Varicar gave a small laugh she knew him well, “I relented that the women had promise and might be what he stated she was, he did override bringing her to a false location… Normally I would’ve pressured more but we were on a timeline…” Varicar hissed, the humans were mere moments from executing the street rat, had they arrived to Stormgarde earlier, they could’ve initiated her properly…

“In their goal to ensure our kind doesn’t exist here they exhibit the same savagery as any demon beast…” Varicar hissed, remarking on Amberlei’s torturous session, he was not comparing all demons to savages but felhounds and fel stalkers… “Their failure to realize they surrendered you to the wrong individuals comes from their incessant bureaucracy… But it does serve great purpose for us…” Varicar stated before nodding, “Perhaps one day that street women will learn we saved her as well…” Varicar relented, Perhaps such information being withheld is why the women resisted the cult so…

Varicar nearly replied before the fanatical acolytes passed by, a slight irritation but nothing he would slay them over… “She will not be allowed near the exits… We may allow her to test her skills on the troggs however… As for her race? She seems to be a mix of Quel’Dorei and demon… Which at the moment is unknown…” Varicar explained, he knew that Amberlei would see it was much more, normal demons could not awaken the bone dagger, this individual was more unique than a demon mutt…

Varicar folded his arms once more, “You are indeed correct, part of the reason I abhor her presence so much is that if we detected what she is, so too could the Kirin Tor… If they too saw what we did, they could be searching for her…” Varicar said with a serious tone, they would need to tie up all loose ends without gaining more suspicion and interest of the many groups that hunted demons…

Varicar nodded, it was best they waited, but only because the logic was sound, at the moment the elven women from Stormgarde held no special treatment… Just because she yelled to be alone did not mean Varicar would not stride right into Sericon’s room if Varicar believed they were being betrayed by this women… “Personally, I prefer you see to the matter over the new priestess… Though the priestess is amicable, she is new to a rank above acolyte, consequences could be dire if further chaos was caused by unwise words…” Varicar stated, he worried, sometimes acolytes held onto a version of dislike for the higher ups…

Varicar had a grim face, it was inevitable that a few would crack from the pressure hoping for a new life away from the cult once more… This was however not the way things were done, normally leaving the cult meant death…

Varicar understood her worry, “I see where you might make a connection, however given the nature of the being we so wish to summon, I don’t find it too odd the Old God cultists are nearby…” Varicar paused to arrange his words correctly. “From what I know of the dark being, the great demon was to use the void against the void, the elder god cultists might see such a creature as one of their own…” Varicar stated, “Though for more information it is wiser to ask Sericon himself…” Varicar explained, he knew about the dark one and what they hoped to do, but Sericon was the expert.

Varicar nodded, the ever growing population of troggs was perhaps a opportunity to see this new blood in action… “Perhaps when the time is right we can send Sericon and the women down to cull some of the trogg populations…” Varicar said, it was half a question to himself and half suggestion…

Varicar nodded, the trolls further pushed back by humans had been searching for a place to live among the region… This however couldn’t happen, the trolls penchant from shamanism meant they would discover the cult underneath… “Good we will continue to observe them, ensure to eliminate any shamans in their group…” Varicar said, he had protected the cult from many threats he would be damned if trolls were the ones that discovered the cult…

Varicar pulled the hood from his face, “Yeah, it would seem that way… I just hope it’s worth it.” Varicar stated, he knew full well from Sericon that there were many living tomes, some would be more useful than others to the cult… “Indeed dispatch gatherers to Stromgarde, advise caution… Both the old god cults and the Kirin Tor might be present…” Varicar warned, things were becoming more complicated and variables were something that Varicar didn’t like…

3 Likes

A small smile forms on Amberlei’s face as Varicar speaks. It’s not that she’s vain, she just takes pride in what she does. “Thank you Watcher, us higher ranking members must always work together. Such as You, and I, I create the weapons, and the shields. You are then tasked with the job of finding where this weapon will strike, what area this shield should defend.” she states, bringing her gauntleted hand up to scratch at her chin. She knows that he understands what she is saying. She trains those that Fight for, and protect the Cult. He is the one who decides what to do with them once she is finished.

Amberlei, cannot stop the laugh that falls free from her mouth. “After centuries of death treats, I think a Softer you, would be much more terrifying.” She say with conviction. "Still Watcher given the potential that she might of had, perhaps the death threat wasn’t necessary."Amber says lightly. “Had she failed, you could of killed her, without her knowing it was coming.” Amberlei knows Varicar well, and she knows that the threat of death is always good when dealing with those trying to join under false pretenses.

“Considering that she is screaming, and your blades aren’t covered in blood. I take it that she turned out to be what the High Magus stated?” she says crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Amberlei straighens up as she listens to the Watcher’s words. “I agree that this new blood must be kept away from the exits. i do not trust her not to run, if the opportunity presented itself.” She says in a low voice. “At this time she is in a place where she doesn’t want to be, and she feels threatened. Two very dangerous element alone, nearly detrimental when working together. Might I suggest that you let Sericon deal with testing her skills. I get this odd feeling she would run from you Watcher, and refuse to do anything you asked.” She says, she is aware that Varicar as the Watcher could demand that she prove her worth by slaying Troggs. She is also sure that it wouldn’t end well. She then lifts her head to look him in the eye, something that very few of the member dare to do. “This woman brought Ak’agathshi to life! There’s more to her then just having demon blood.” Amberlei says a slight frown marring her features as she gets lost in thought for a moment. “This young woman could prove to be dangerous.” she states, she isn’t stating that she is dangerous at this time, only that she could prove to be.

“then I will be the one to speak with her Watcher. I agree some of those who have newly risen from the rank of acolyte, have a tendency to paint us in a foul light.” Amberlei says as they walk down the twisted passage ways, of that Mediterranean lair. “That and I fear now that I know more of our young woman, she could easily give the new healer the slip.”

She looks over at him, and grins. “I wouldn’t tell them that they needed to go down and quell the Trogg population. The High Magus is bound to laugh and claim his job is in research. The stemming of the Trogg population falls beneath us.” she states, then her smile turns into a grin. “Still I’ve seen you twist words in such a way, that you could get a man to decapitate his wife and believe it was his own idea.” Amber firmly believes that Varicar can word it in such a way, that the High Magus will agree with him.

“I shall speak with the High Magus, then get a small team of Gatherers to try and extract some information.” Amberlei then bows respectfully before heading for the rooms exit. She stops and turns back to Varicar. “Watcher, something just crossed my mind that you might wish to give thought too. Remember the attack on that band of trolls, and the Caravan that was traveling to Quel’thalas? I remember it well, the destruction spread for miles in all directions. There wasn’t a piece remaining that was larger than a copper piece. It seemed that whatever killed them all, pursued them, leaving none alive to tell the tale.” Amberlei says, Varicar had been there as well along with High Magus Sericon. The Kirin Tor, as well as a few Magisters from Silvermoon had also been present. “Now a girl with the Great ones sympathy shows up, I must wonder if there’s a connection that we are missing. I fear that if I’m right, the Kirin tor might already be searching for our young woman.” With that off of her mind, she heads out the door. She then makes her way towards the room of the High Magus. She would need to speak with him first.

2 Likes

Assamina moved through the crowd, casting minor hexes, and curses, on those who were condemning the demon blooded child. Stinging hexes, warts, boils in places they wouldn’t want seen. Premature balding, scabs that would peel away leaving this flesh eating puss. She knew of the woman, she knew of her demon blood. She also had seen the cloaked figures moving about the town. Assamina watched them from a distance, after a few minutes it hits her. Not from the cursed Kirin Tor are you? Then why are you here, what do you seek? She asks herself as she slips through the crowd as they curse the beaten girls existence. Assamina fears, yet is slightly looking forward to what might happen if the foolish guards actually try and kill the demon blooded. Yet before her sentence can be carried out, the robed figures make their move.

Assamina frowns when she hears this, was she perhaps wrong, the Kirin Tor were made up of many. It would come as no surprise for them to have a few Warlocks among their ranks. She could see the flash of fear in the demon blooded eyes at the mention of Quel’Thalas. Assamina remembers as a small child, young Izzabelle had been terrified of being taken to Quel’Thalas. Assamina wanted to protect the young Elf. Still she was aware that while her witchcraft might help led up against one of them for a short time. She would be brought to heel rather quickly.

Not Kirin Tor then. Assamina ponders as she watches the woman bartering take on the form of a much darker creature. One with an allure that has the piggish guards eating out of her hands. She watches as the wretched man practically drools all over himself, before punching the demon blooded knocking her out. The disgruntled look on the Succubi’s face as she throws a sack over the unconscious woman’s head, spoke volumes. As did the way she threw her over her shoulder like one would a heavy bag of trash, before making her way back to her Master. Assamina follows keeping her distance less she be noticed, not that it mattered if she was.

Hmmm Witherbark Trolls, where are you taking our young Izzabelle? Do you truly understand what you have? That you have already earned her distrust through your very actions? Assamina follows them through the town, keeping a close eye on their movements. It isn’t until they exit the town and vanish that Assamina finally turns around. She heads back through the town center to her run down shack in the condemned part of the ever growing town. As she makes her way she passes a woman having vapors about how mean the Captain was being. Crying about how she wouldn’t be able to get the gifts to her family. Assamina pays them no mind, as she continues weaving through the disbursing crowd of onlookers. Many grumbling about how they had expected to be entertained. Others screaming as boils, warts, and sores, started bubbling up on their skin. Those superstitious heretics believing they had been cursed by the woman that was recently taken.

Walking up the path leading to her house, she pushes the door open, stepping inside. Sitting on a dead tree growing in the center of the room, is a large black Raven. She makes her way to a long bench seat that goes the length of the wall. It is situated towards the back of the kitchen. Kneeling before it she removes the long embroidered cushion. Beneath it a secret compartment is revealed, hidden under magic enchantments. Assamina traces a few symbols and the large compartment opens. Within it are three humans two males, and a female. All still alive and missing parts of their bodies. The female has had her arms removed, as well as her nose and lips. The younger male has had his left leg sawed off at the hip, as well as both arms up to the elbows. The third a more recent addition is just missing one leg from the knee down. Assamina reaches in hauling him out like he weighs nothing. Carrying him into the kitchen, she slams him onto a large blood stained metal table. The table looks like something from a madman’s torture chamber. Metal straps, and shackles, are used to lock her victim in place. He seems to be in a trance like state as she buckles him down to the massive cutting board. Once secured she pulls out a saw, then removes a charm from the mans neck, he awakens from his trance, and screams. The screams rise in pitch as Assamina slowly saws off his left arm. As she saws back and forth, blood spills onto the table, draining into a bucket. The Raven flies over from its perch landing on the tortured mans chest. “Hungry are ya? Well go ahead.” Assamina says. The raven caws then starts ripping strips of flesh and muscle from the mans abdomen. As the man wails in agony the oven was heating up, she would eat well tonight. She looks over at a magically sealed box, that bore High Elven runes. “It would seem that our Izzabelle has been taking from us Mister Ghendar.” She states.

1 Like

Maff folded his arms leaning against a wall with a smug look. “The main place You mainland guys don’t wanna go is deep in the Undermine… And when I say deep I mean deep down! There’s this gang of goblins a cartel that sees you mainland types as inferior to thems! They are weird ones shaving their head! They use this swirl symbol to mark their turf you see?” Maff said with his usual goblin accent, “They don’t like our cartel neither cause we find dealing with you mainland types beneficial to our business… At some point the boss is hoping we can gain enough support from the mainland types to take their turf and break up that other cartel. But until then it’s best to avoid thems, else they might take ya and hang you up by ropes!” Maff said the last part in disgust. The goblin had no problem with war even hating another race for past wars, but hating another race because you think they deserve to be beneath you? Wanting to wipe them out for some sorta goblin only society? That was bad for business!

Maff listener to the taller creatures bicker among themselves, until he watched the magic orientated elf creature take a wrinkled robe and with a flash of magic it was straight and neat once more. The cheeky goblin wondered what might happen to a person if that spell was used on them instead… The hilarious thought of a person being forcibly straightened out by magic made the goblin give a short grin.

Maff quickly recovered his evil grin thinking about the horrid arcane manipulation of a man’s body to be flat… “Best Catch for your Cash? I believe that’s right up the road across from Jade Cash Sushi, that odd place run by the Gobkuza Cartel… You guys probably like your fish actually cooked so I’d avoid that weird place!” Maff said, he hardly understood the Gobkuza, a odd bunch of goblins who modeled a cartel after meeting a weird black and white bear humanoid thing… Or so they said… Since none of the other cartels had even seen this Pan-Duh-Run, it was likely the Gobkuza was a bunch of lying posers trying to sound unique!

Maff gave a mischievous laugh, “We got tons of enjoyable avenues we use chemistry tables for! Not everyone likes to drink Kajamite as a liquid! And that’s the most I’ll give away toots!” Maff stated, he thought of all the wonderful things goblins had made, mashing up crazy mushrooms, powders and mixes that gave you great speed! Some were basically like those odd Kirin Tor potions, some more like goblin chemistry magic!

Maff watched the magnificent leather cloak showcased off in front of him, the goblin saw the majestic scales he wanted it…

Maff nearly snatched the cloak his fingers inches from touching it when the second item was presented… The goblin struggled truly he desired to snatch the cloak for himself, he would be the envy of the other goblins… But Maff was still a servant to his Baron, defeated the goblin sighed he knew the Baron would desire the crystal orb, the ability to show it as status to the other Barons was too great! “I be thinking that rad crystal ball would be the legit choice!” Maff said grabbing the crystal ball with a greedy look in his eyes, if he was given the Baron this orb, he was getting some good coinage! Maff leaned over towards Jaseiah, “Don’t think I be forgetting that lit and gucci cloak toots! I’ll be back with a offer for that!” Maff stated he waited for anymore questions before he would head out… “By the by…” Maff said leaning in close to Aeseir, “We got a straight fire arena, you could make extra cash in… You only live once ya know?” Maff said with a large grin the cheeky goblin could easy get his cartel a spit in history using these Kirin Tor to win in the arena…

2 Likes

Aeseir paused his eyebrow risen on his left side, rat and mushrooms?? Aeseir thought human food was bad faintly getting a memory of human rations, nothing more than stale bread and dry beef strips… the elven warrior wondered if perhaps this race was not worth investigating into if they decided rats were a appropriate food item… The elf couldn’t help but have a small look of disgust, something he tried quickly to cover up.

Aeseir listened as his mother asked the question that she desired, though she was a powerful mage in her own right, Ahcirej was not one to go looking for combat and trouble… Jaseiah however was wildly different, she liked a bit of adventure even if that meant going right into dangerous combative zones with a high chance of death. Aeseir however was a elf always ready to protect his sister, skilled with his elven blade the warrior stood between his sister and any who wished her harm…

Aeseir nodded, so it was the deeper Undermine that was dangerous to the Kirin Tor, Quel’thalas and the other races not native to Kezan… Aeseir considered what he had learned, Aeseir’s quest besides ensuring the group was safeguarded against threats that were unfazed by the arcane arts, was to acquire the physical anatomy of the goblin species in case it was ever needed for wartime knowledge… If he was to find out this information it was likely he would need to find a reason for killing and taking apart a goblin…

Aeseir couldn’t help but mutter a aggressive response to the goblins last words, “I would like to see them try…” Aeseir was not threatened by this race, by the knowledge that had already been gathered by other researchers the race hardly lived as long as the elven race did, how dangerous of a combatant could the short lived and naive race be compared to Aeseir who had trained for half a century or more?

Aeseir couldn’t help but give a sharp glance at his sister, her penchant for organization was something of a nightmare, there was a time when Aeseir couldn’t find one of the shields he carried… How Jaseiah managed to have a shield be hidden in a room without being seen was a true talent, Aeseir had found the great shield in between mattresses in their last lodging.

Aeseir watched as his mother continued, her also remarking in Jaseiah’s unique brand of organizational skills… It wasn’t until Ahcirej saw the robes did she snap! Using her magic she forcibly removed the wrinkles from the ancient robes…

Aeseir retrieved a different pair of armor from his belongings, the suit he had been wearing more useful for maritime combat… Now Aeseir would be wearing something more regal of his Quel’thalas roots, blue and gold armor to reinforce the view that these elves that came to the goblin shores were wise, and filled with purpose and power… Aeseir glanced up opting to forgo his helmet in exchange for a clearer view of things, “Best Catch for your Cash?” Aeseir nodded his goals now chosen to retrieve the supplies for the group.

As Aeseir continued to change into the new armor the transaction with the goblin continued trading the chemistry station for a time status orb that Ahcirej had offered… Truly it seemed like Maff wanted the cloak but was bound by obligation… Aeseir took note, a race bound by their word atleast meant something… Aeseir stopped as Maff singled him out, Aeseir’s red flowing hair moving as he turned to truly regard the small creature.

Aeseir tilted his head his red hair moving as he did so, “A arena of fire… Now that is a interesting place… I may have to take you up on your offer Maff…” Aeseir stayed but for now they needed supplies, “Jaseiah are you ready to move out?” Aeseir asked ready to learn more about this unique isle of goblins…

4 Likes

Sericon looked at Izzabelle relax slightly, perhaps his stories had been working, the take of the crusades great mission to destroy the shadow forever. It was a story Sericon had learned, of the great valiant armies vision to succeed where no other could, a great unification of all races that would join them granting great power as they continued to ensure the universe never felt the unending nightmare!

Again Sericon was pulled into some sort of vision of Izzabelle’s past, watching figures that seemed to be Izzabelle’s parents argue, his body ached as he felt Izzabelle’s pain as his own… Her pain only confirmed Sericon’s own opinions of Quel’thalas and those other kingdoms that hunted those with knowledge… The more interesting pieces of information that Sericon was learning was just how Izzabelle was created, a powerful demon experimenting on her mother to infuse her eggs with that of countless demons essence… Now the chance that Izzabelle was fused with the great demon they were searching for was not likely but the demon who committed the act was likely once a underling of the might creature… This revelation would help Sericon focus on which demon was responsible for causing the creation of Izzabelle.

Sericon came back to his senses Izzabelle now gripping his hand tightly, he understood her life had been rough, persecution by all she was told were trying to protect her… Despite what Varicar felt, Izzabelle would be safe here, Sericon would ensure that… Sericon only had to prove that Izzabelle wouldn’t tell anyone of this place, assuming this bond meant something he was sure Izzabelle wouldn’t tell a soul if only to ensure Sericon himself wasn’t killed…

Sericon glanced up from his watchful gaze over Izzabelle, she was likely still starving… “Skalaz, would you mind conjuring up some food for me and our newest guest?” Sericon asked his fellow cultist through a magic message, Sericon trusted Skalaz… Like Sericon himself, Skalaz was skilled in the arcane and magical arts; whenever magical puzzles stood in Sericon’s path it helped to have another magic aligned individual who could see from a different perspective… Lastly Sericon contacted Skalaz because Skalaz was the best chef in the cult, some say alchemy was born in the kitchen, mixing ingredients of different natures together to create the desired outcome… Sericon’s plan was to coax Izzabelle awake with great cooked food, a steaming plate of delicately crafted meat with expertly seasoned toppings would awaken most from their slumbers…

2 Likes

Jaseiah couldn’t help but easedrop… ummm overhear what her mother, and Maff, were talking about. A Goblin Cartel deep within Undermine, that thought they were superior to the Quel’dorei. Perhaps the shaved head allowed for more brain cells to seep out of their heads, or perhaps they didn’t have many to begin with. Either way Jaseiah cannot help but want to face off against a few of them. She looks across the room catching her brothers eye. He can tell just by the devious gleam in hers that she’s up to something. Her smile grows a little larger when she hears Maff mention that the cartel he’s with, doesn’t mix well with this deepmine cartel. Perhaps that was a good way to be able to meet them. She know Aeseir would like to have a few bodies to work with… She thinks of this and of the chemestary system on the wall.

Jaseiah half listens as her mother speaks with Maff about places to pick up some food. Raw fish? Rats? These Goblins were something else. They could pick up some raw fish, their Mother could always cook it if they did. They could also look for breads, fruit, vegetables, herbs, spices, things to drink. Perhaps she could try her hand at using the chemestary contraption later. That’s if her mother will let her near it. You melt down three alchemy labs in two weeks, suddenly you’re not allowed near stuff like that again.

Jaseiah saw the way Maff was looking at the cloak, it was one of her best made, and one of the most durable. Yet in the end he chose the Orb of eternal spring, the look in his eyes however said that he was planning on getting something good for the Orb. Jaseiah laughs when he leans in and mentions being back for the cloak. “When you return for it, Mother can enhance it with magic, give it a bit of fire resistance, make it so it reflects certain types of damage. You will have to speak with her, about what she can do.” Jaseiah states, as she carefully folds the cloak and places it back inside of her leather working bag.

Aeseir doesn’t even get to finish his sentence when his sister is dragging him out the door. “Come on Aeseir lets get out of here before mom changes her mind, and makes me stay and help her clean.” Once they are out of the place they are staying, Jaseiah turns excitedly to Aeseir “Did I hear something about an Arena of Fire? You know we will have to check it out.” Jaseiah says as they make their way back towards the surface. She was already thinking of what winning the arena would get them. She leans in close to her brother, “What we know of these Goblins is the prize gold and strength over everything else. The more gold, and strength you possess, the more power you have. The more power you have, the more you are respected.” Jaseiah pauses for a minute so Aeseir can catch up. She has a tendency to jump around. “I think we can earn more then gold in the Arena of Fire, I think we can earn power, and respect as well?” Jaseiah knows that her brother understands her.

2 Likes

Skalaz has finished making enough gold from lead for today and now focused on his own research… Staring at a table the goblin sighed, around him were small animals like rabbits, rats, feral cats and one trogg in separate cages as well as a ironforge ram… The goblin placed a hand to his chin, a true challenge, Skalaz was quite sufficient in meshing lifeforms together creating new kinds of creatures… Skalaz’s goal was creating some sort of creature that would follow orders and commands while being resistant to extreme temperatures… Skalaz snapped his fingers causing a flash or arcane and alchemical power as several of the creatures in the cages were merged into one… The resulting creature was a hair covered ape like creature that stood about three feet tall with dull but meat eating fangs… Skalaz watched the creature carefully, it’s animalistic eyes held no signs of intelligence or cunning… Another failure, this creature had inherited none of the intelligence of even the full trogg species…

Skalaz shrugged, he had no reason to stay and monitor this failed creation, perhaps crafting some food would help the goblin clear his mind. “It will be done.” Skalaz stated his experiment staring at him from the cage it was created in… Skalaz moves over to a different part of the room, a wooden cabinet filled with dead duck, and other assorted food products… The goblin retrieved the dead bird from the cupboard before placing it on a wooden table nearby, with a snap of the goblins fingers the feathers were eliminated turning into a soft fluff on the floor… The goblin nodded continuing the preparation of the meal, it would take some time and magic…

After several minutes the goblin had prepared the duck using alchemy to remove any unnecessary pieces… A roaring alchemical flame licked at the ducks ever roasting flesh, a dark brown crisp forming… The goblin continued to season the creature with salt, herbs and some citrus… Finally the entire process was done Skalaz lifting a metal plate up that held the entire cooked duck, chopped potatoes and mushrooms… Skalaz was always keen at creating such magnificent works of culinary art when he wasn’t so focused on his alchemical experiments!

Making his way from his own quarters with the meal in hand he headed over to Sericon before halting and knocking on the metal door… After a short delay Sericon opened the doors to his room, “Here you are, I was just In between experiments do this was a welcomed break…” Skalaz said handing the entire plate over to Sericon, “Before I go, did you find any more possible avenues of energy generation to halt the spell matrix I’m having trouble with?” Skalaz asked. Sericon nodded scratching his head, “Unfortunately not, that spell matrix is really something… The felhunter I loaned you couldn’t get through?” Sericon asked, his eyes focused on both his friend and the food. “It perished…” Skalaz said, “Well I’ll leave you to your food.” Skalaz stated backing out from the room and moving on… Perhaps he would have some acolytes father more creatures from some place colder than Dun Morogh…

3 Likes

Amberlei walks along the twisted passageways carved into the stone, headed for the room of the High Magus. As she moves past the guards walking the halls, they stand to attention. Amberlei nods in acknowledgment as they great her. As she steps around the corner, she’s met with a guard rushing no towards her. His face is covered in blood and dirt. This grabs Amberlei’s attention, spotting her the man comes to a stop. “Report soldier!” Amberlei commands. It takes him a few moments to catch his breath before he can speak. “Trogg attack in the far side in the lower east side caverns, group of about 40 of them.” The man says, taking a few more breaths, while wincing in pain. This didn’t sound good, Amberlei thought as she watched blood drip from the man onto the floor. “They attacked and killed a group of seven acolytes before the patrol reached them. They seemed more organized than the normal groups of three to eight we usually encounter.” He continued still trying to catch his breath. Coughing, blackish colored blood splatters out of his mouth.

Amberlei leans in closer and sniffs. She smells poison wafting up off from the man, as he spits up blood. “When we got their they were ripping apart the last of the acolytes. The blood! The screams!” The man shudders at the thought. “They were carrying crude looking weapons covered in his tarry black ichor. They attacked us in groups, taking us down one at time. They swarmed and killed three of the guards before a second larger patrol arrived.” The man falls against the wall, black blood flowing from the corner of his mouth. A few of the guards have stopped and are awaiting orders. “We lost seven acolytes, and five guards, many others were wounded. They were taken to the healers, while I went to fin…” the man collapses his body twitching violently on the floor, as the poison in his system eats away at his insides. Amberlei has two of the guards take him to the healers, although she knows the poison as progressed to far.

She turns to one of the other guards, “You heard what was said, report to the Watcher at once. This is something that we cannot let pass, we will need to remind the Troggs of their place.” The guard rushes off towards the room of the Watcher, as Amber quickens her steps towards to High Magus’ room. As she hurriedly moves through the carved stone corridors, she stops. This the me something different grabs her attention. She takes in a deep breath and emits a soft sigh of happiness. It smelled of deliciousness, which could not mean one thing, Skalaz had cooked. As she enters the hall leading to the High Magus’ room she spots both the fore-mentioned Goblin, and Sericon.

Amberlei waits for them to finish before approaching. “Greetings Skalaz, High Magus.” Amberlei states while walking towards them. “She stops before Skalaz, “There was an organized Trogg attack on a group acolytes, and guards. I’m letting you know, because we will most likely be sending in a squad to cull their numbers. Your skills will come in extremely handy with helping in this endeavor. Skalaz knows that she is speaking about his knowledge with explosives and other such things. She then turns to the High Magus. “Greetings High Magus, I hear that you have brought us a new member.” Amberlei more states then asks. “I need to ask you a few questions regarding her, if you have a minute. First do you trust her? I’m not accusing her of anything. I find it odd for you to take an interest in anything not pertaining to your studies.” She states, looking at the covered plate he is holding in his hands. “I will be sending Gathers to Stromgarde to try and get information on are young demon girl. Is there anything you can tell me that might help them out with the gathering of this information?” She asks.

2 Likes

Orion was irritated, agitated, unimpressed, or at lest that was the consensus given to others by the twitching of his tail. That along with the dalak death ray glare directed at Sericon’s, told the others the Time Lord wasn’t in the greatest of moods. For pities sake Orion, what the heck has your hackles ruffled up. Yumara asks reaching up and rubbing her temples, with her thumb, and finger. Orion looks at Yumara from his position on Izzabelle’s chest, before returning his glare back to Sericon. Orion no harm is going to come to young Izzabelle…

Enough harm has already come to her Yumara. Orion voice hisses in her mind, the irritation in it making her head ache more. Orion remains curled up on Izzabelle’s chest, unfelt, unheard, unnoticed. He is connected to every aspect of her, he can feel her overwhelming exhaustion. The way her body is nearly depleted physically, magically, and emotionally. She desperately needs to rest, and recover. But no! That blockheaded Elf in the doorway decided that she needed to wake up. You would expect him to at least understand what severe magical exhaustion can do to a mind, and body. Orion thinks his tail twitching even more. Obviously that was a mistake on his part. Orion thought of freezing time on her, Hell even taking her to his domain to recover. Yet he realizes the amount of problems this will cause. So instead he opts for trying his best to leave Sericon a mere pile of smoldering ashes, with his dalak disintegration death-ray glare. Yumara doesn’t use her silence unless she deems it an emergency. She herself understood that Izzabelle needs to rest, sadly that’s were the understanding comes to a halt.

Orion desires for her to remain in this deep sleep brought on by Yumara. Yet he know that the smell of food will soon awaken her. Hell! It didn’t even have to be great food, something simple like a day old crust of bread, and dried meat would have done the trick… Orion for a brief moment thinks about undoing his time magic, letting Oblivion destroy Izzabelle’s sense of smell. The thought flashes into his mind as he feels the female beneath him let out a nearly inaudible moan of discomfort. It’s followed by a whimpering sound as her mind, and body struggle up out of the rest it so urgently requires. Izzabelle’s body was not that of a normal Elves, or that of the one Yumara held within her. While it might look the same, it was still being effected by everything that had yet to happen. The unexpected onslaught of memories and emotions, had caused Orion to have to work exceptionally fast, so Izzabelle would have been completely overwhelmed by them. A violent twist of Izzabelle from the bed sends Orion toppling from his perch on her chest, down onto the mattress. He shakes off the fall, then looks at Izzabelle. Her eyes are open but they aren’t showing any signs of recognition. They dart wildly about the room, before landing on the three in the doorway. Orion sees a flash of sanity for a split second as her gaze sweeps over Sericon, then it is gone.

Orion senses it a nano second to late, mere moments after the Goblin walks away Izzabelle is gone from her spot on the bed. He watches as she Shadow steps behind Sericon, attempts to blind the warrior female speaking with him, before vanishing. Orion half expected her to take off down the halls to try and escape, try as he might he cannot reach her. Instead she slips back into the room, hugging the wall she makes her way to the darkest corner of the room. To Orion it seems that Izzabelle is trying to make herself as small and unnoticeable as possible. He can feel her mind is a chaotic mess at the moment. Orion strolls across the room, hopping up onto his little flying broom he looks at the Dark One, and Yumara. ”Well she’s awake, forcibly pulled from a much required healing sleep, worse off then before. I had been hoping that younger Sericon being a High Magus would understood that she needed to rest. She could of eaten once she awoke normally, I thought of taken the memory of Varicar’s death threat, to make the transition easier. If he wants her weak, frightened, and insane, who is this cat to go against him.” before Yumara can speak Orion is gone.

2 Likes

Whenever Miya would show up Corttez spoke, “You remember our siren in the brig? I feel she will be a great surprise for the Stormgarde when they decide to retaliate… I need you to place some enchantments and wards on the creature to ensure…” Corttez said with a dark grin, “That she stays cooperative… I know she is probably ever so eager be free…” Corttez said aloud, to the beast it might sound as if the pirates were trading the beasts freedom for service,

Corttez grinned as Miya also understood the cruel plan he had in mind… When the Stormgarde retaliated the Crimson Quell would be prepared releasing this beast into the sea, at that moment the pirate vessel appearing to be only fleeing would now turn on the attack! No quarter would be given, the crew already had enough gold and cargo to last months without needing plunder again, this time the battle would be a lesson… Those who try to gain vengeance against the Crimson Quell would be met with a fury and cruelty so vast it would leave a lasting mark for generations… “I do be agreeing with you quartermaster, would’ve been a great thing having more than one sister of these creatures… But sometimes fate is not so kind.” Corttez stated he glared at the siren before him as if giving her a grievous threat… The siren would do as they wanted, if the captain decided perhaps the siren would go free…

The captain nodded his head, “Those two enchantments would be doing nicely… We merely need her to turn the tides of this upcoming battle, should she choose to to turn our enemies on us with her as their leader? Burn her voice out…” Corttez said coldly, if this sea witch tried to betray them, she would never be able to sing her songs again…

Corttez turned to glare at the creature, which looked at them both with such fear and rage, her mouth still gagged… The conversation perhaps was getting to the small creature as she settled down hearing her chances of freedom… “Looks like this thing can be taught…” Corttez said crossing his arms, “Your freedom is a meager reward for your hand in culling those that come after this vessel…” Corttez stated with a dark undertone in his voice. “Quartermaster… Begin placing the magical shackles…” Corttez said with a dark grin, the process would undoubtedly be a painful experience, but for the siren it would seem worth it for freedom… Corttez watched his eyes gleaning with a sick happiness as Myrandah began her task…

Around the ship the hyena began to pick up the same scents Marcc had, a low chittering began to happen as the hyena smelled fresh meat coming… Several hyena turned their head looking to the starboard side of the ship, whatever it was, it was coming from that way…

2 Likes

Izzabelle cannot rest, her mind is racing even though her body has collapsed from exhaustion. There so many thoughts, emotions blazing about her head, she is unable to truly sleep. I am not a demon spawn! I won’t let him kill me! Why was a taken here? What do they want from me? Is this a prison? the questions, so many questions, thoughts, voices, sounds, she she curls up trying to escape from them.

Then there’s silence, she cannot hear what her mind is saying, there’s no sound of any sort. Before she can panic, which she is aught to do, given the circumstances, she finds herself falling into a deep restful healing sleep. It would take a while, for her body, mind and magic to recover enough for her to function with some control. Inside the healing darkness Izzabelle twitches, her senses assaulted by the tantalizing aroma of food. It makes her stomach clench painfully as it’s hit with sharp pants of hunger. She tries to bury herself back beneath the blanket of darkness, when the pain strikes again worse than before. She is now starting to notice hat her body aches all over. Whimpering softly she tries tunneling her way back down into the restful slumber she was feeling scant moments ago. Another wave of pain has her awaken. Her body jerks up into a half sitting position.

Izzabelle’s eyes dart around the room. She cannot hear anything, she doesn’t recognize this place. She hurts, she’s tired, where was she? Why was it so quiet? She cannot even heat her own thoughts. They’re figures block g the only exit, had they done something to her? Izzabelle is to panicked to take in her surroundings in there entirety. If she had been given the proper time to heal, then awaken on her own. She would have noticed the little things her exhaustion caused her to miss. Such as how she was lying in the most comfortable bed she has ever slept it. She would have seen the platter of food that the one drawing her attention was holding. Yet she doesn’t see this, she just knows she’s in pain, exhausted, and is stuck in a dome of silence. It is the silence that freaks her out the most. ??? She cannot hear herself when she thinks. She watches as the smaller of the three in the doorway leaves before making her move.

She instantly moves through the shadows appearing behind the robed Elven male. Having no access to blinding powder, her body takes over for her. Instead of powder shooting from her hand, it’s a bright blinding flash of fel green light. She watches as the warrior looking woman stumbles backwards. Jumping away Izzabelle vanishes into the shadows. She is freaking out, she thought perhaps it might of just been that room. Yet she is still unable to hear anything. She can make out shadows moving along the walls further down the twisting stone corridor. She looks back at the male once more, her mind seems to be trying to recall something, yet her panicked state is preventing it. She eases her way past Sericon back into the room. Finding a corner she curls up bury her head into her arms.

2 Likes

Marrc looked at the troll crew member with a knowing gaze, the quartermaster despised filth… The actions of the guard captain no doubt haunting her thoughts, Nihsa would be needed… Marrc turned the ship ensuring the Crimson Quells sails caught the vast majority of the elemental wind…

Marrc turned towards Nihsa his nose still slightly moving as he smelled the new threat coming ever closer… “Three frigates… Pirate hunters from Stromgarde…” Marrc growled low, within minutes of speaking the hyenas of the vessel began a low chittering as they to sensed the smell of the threat ever closing on the vessel… Marrc gave a growl before speaking louder, “Make sail and hold your water!” The massive man barked, the crew launching into action trying to tighten the sails giving the ship speed…

“Captain! Pirate hunters coming on our starboard side…” Marrc barked, the ship’s would not be in sight yet, but still scent carried farther than the eye could see… Marrc could sense it was more than a lousy group of fat guards this time, but true battle hardened pirate hunters, but would they be enough to end the Crimson Quell?

1 Like

“Yes indeed Captain is was a pity.” Miya states in a slight mocking tone as she looks over at the gagged siren. “Still even with her voice destroyed. Her lovely wings plucked and her arm like appendages nothing but fused together lumps of flesh, muscles, and bone. We got nearly double her asking price. The ones that bought her really anted to make her pay.” She finishes saying with a bark of cruel laughter. Laughter not only directed at the imprisoned siren, but also at those foolish enough to attack the Crimson Quell. The biggest mistake their enemies made, was believing they were just simple pirates. They would soon come to realize, of all the monsters that roamed the seas. The crew of the Crimson Quell, were the deadliest, the most ruthless, and the cruelest.

Miya takes a step closer to the siren, who is attempting to glare at them through wary eyes. Grabbing her muzzled mouth in a vice like grip with her gloved hands. Miya forces the bound woman to look her in the eye. “Should you betray us it will not just be your voice that is destroyed.” Miya threatens before leaning in a little closer. “You have no idea what a bilge is, but I can promise that you do not want to become one.” The cruel sneer in Miya’s voice mixed with the Captain’s cold ruthless one, makes the siren shudder. “But your going to do what your told, aren’t you!” Miya states as she runs the tip of her gloved thumb along her chin.

Miya gives Captain Corttez a ruthless grin. “Yes Captain.” With that said she turns back to their caged, and gagged prisoner. Speaking a word of command the cage begins to shrink until it forms around the sirens body. The sharp barbed spikes poke against her in hundreds of places, but do not break through her flesh. Walking around the cage Miya etches magic symbols into the bare flesh of the quivering beast. She proceeds to trace magical runes onto the siren’s wings, her tail, and the base of her throat. The Siren looks confused for all of a moment, she had been expecting pain. So far there was just a slight chill along her flesh as the symbols were traced onto it. With the first part of the first spell finished Miya steps back with a wicked grin. Taking a few steps back she stands beside the Captain. “That poor girl has no idea what’s about to happen.” Miya says with a grin.

Miya without warning activates the spells magic. The moment she does the Siren starts thrashing about the cage it’s face twisted in agony. The power of Miya’s magic ruthlessly ripping through her blood vessels, and bones. Miya and the Captain watch as Miya’s magic moves throughout her. The Siren is feeling like her blood, her bones are being set on fire, torn, shredded, it stings, it freezes. As the Siren continues thrashing about, her flesh is torn by the cruel looking barbed spikes that line the cage. As her blood spills onto the floor more runes light up before the blood vanishes. The poor thing is practically foaming at the mouth when the spell finishes, her body still periodically twitching.

Miya steps back up to her with a smile. “Now, now, we aren’t done yet.” She states, her eyes holding the promise of more agony to come. Miya taps the gag in the Siren’s mouth with the tip of her gloved finger. She cannot help the slight shudder of disgust that washes over her. As she touches the sickening saliva that drips from the bound woman’s gagged mouth. The gag changes its shape, cold iron straps wrap around her head. The inner part of the gag takes on the form of a steel cage on the inside of her mouth. Miya forces the Siren’s mouth open to the point her jaw feels like it will disconnect. As she did with her first spell Miya traces magical symbols onto to Siren’s tongue, and the roof of her mouth.

Stepping back Miya takes out a small empty crystal vial, that is no bigger then the tip of her pinky finger. Then she nods at the Captain, before speaking the next few words of her spell. Throughout the ship every member of the crew, feels a slight pin prick. A tiny pinhead sized drop of blood vanishes from all the crew members, filling the tiny vial held between Miya’s pointer finger, and thumb. When it’s filled she empties it onto the magical runes on the Siren’s tongue. At first nothing seems to happen, then comes the pain. Wave after wave of cruel agonizing pain rip through the Siren’s mouth and down her throat. The fire is so horrifically painful the Siren is paralyzed by it. It lasts just a few seconds but to the caged, and gagged Siren it’s a lifetime of never ending agony. Grabbing her by her chin one last time Miya glares right into her hate and pain filled eyes. “Should you even think of betraying us, your lying tongue will burn and rot away. Along with that the whole inside of your mouth will burn, rotting along with it. The same will happen to those lovely wings, and that pretty tail of yours.” Miya states her voice promising a lifetime of pain the bound female would never wish to feel. “However when you use your voice on our enemies, it will be more powerful, more beautiful then ever before. Your claws will be sharper, your powers stronger then ever before.” She releases the Siren, stepping away she calls for one of the ship healers to take care of the Siren’s wounds.

Miya watches as the Hyena start making their heckling noises. “I believe that the massacre is about to begin Captain. Let me know when you need me to teleport groups of us onto the enemies vessels”

2 Likes

Nihsa turns her head in the direction that Marcc is sniffing. “De retaliation from de Stromgardians be fast aye.” Nihsa states with a laugh, “Let dem come da fools be clueless, to what dae be facing.” Soon after she finishes speaking, the vessel is filled with the sounds of whooping, giggling, and groaning, as the hyenas sense their prey coming ever closer. “Ye think Ye can be Sailing us out of da Thandol span if Da loa of winds be wid us?” Nihsa asks Marcc, “If we can reach da open seas we can trap then in the span for da attack.” Nihsa says before turning her concentration back to speaking with the loa, and the elementals that constantly moved around her.

As the crew tighten down the sails, the wind grows more powerful. This was a race to get into the open seas. Nihsa drops to her knees as she calls out the loa of winds. Beseeching them, along with the elementals to lend their aide. A sudden blast of wind cause the Crimson Quell to lurch forward, about a quarter of the crew controlling the sails are thrown off their feet. The rest dig their feet in holding tight to their positions, as the fallen pirates scramble back to their feet. Nihsa hears someone yell for the cannons to be prepared. Others holler for some of the rowboats to be prepared for deployment. This is where Miya would be needed. She could cloak the smaller vessel along with the pirates, in a veil of invisibility. They could then get behind the vessels coming for them. By destroying the rudders it would leave them dead in the water.

Nihsa continues to call upon her nature magic, as she awaits the command from the Captain. Once given she will beseech the elementals of the raging seas for their aide. With the promise of many souls being sent into the inky black depths.

2 Likes

Varicar nodded, he meant what he said, containing the secrecy of the cult was a massive task… As much effort as Varicar put into hiding tracks of the cults involvements, ensuring tongues and ears were silenced and deaf, there was the Kirin Tor and other interests that strived hard to unearth hidden secrets and covered tracks…

Varicar relaxed his shoulders, “Perhaps you are right…” Varicar thought about it for a moment before coming up with a answer… “Perhaps finding a old god cult has put me a bit on edge…” Varicar admitted, “This venture in to Stromgarde has been much to loud for my taste… There is much that must be done to cover up our existence…” Varicar stated his mind on the many traces that could lead the Kirin Tor or unseen path to the cult…

Varicar nodded, “Indeed, but that does not mean she can be trusted… Not every demon followed the great one, not every demon follows the legion…” Varicar stated that was the very reason he was unsure to trust the women…

Varicar listened to Amberlei closely, her words making much sense in a time of ever increasing turmoil… “I will let Sericon watch over the new women, but if he proves himself incapable… There will be consequences…” Varicar stated, he was as yet unsure what those could or would be yet…

Varicar nodded, a great deed not easily done, as Varicar had heard it took multiple cultists chanting in dark languages to get the dagger to respond to any amount of magic… A lone street rat had managed the task alone proving her connections to the great one… The skills she was capable of was indeed something to be concerned over, powerful demons were capable of great destruction… Being the creation of one demon so great, Izzabelle’s potential power and danger was something neither of them could guess.

Varicar folded his arms with a small smile, now he was sure Amberlei was the right choice to meet the new blood. She though strict and decisive could keep her head under pressure and conflict… Should something inevitably happen, Varicar trusted Amberlei to keep order…

Varicar paused to consider how he might command such a feat, how he might convince the high magus who cared only for his studies to purge troggs… While he would say it had something with seeing Izzabelle’s abilities, the power she had in a moderately controlled testing environment… After all what was a few troggs to a demon forged thief and a high magus?

Varicar nodded, “Perfect, I trust your skills in getting these matters done.” Varicar stated, he was sure the gatherers would do their part to eliminate any trace of the cult.

Varicar cursed slightly this was massive problem, if Izzabelle was already being tracked by the Kirin Tor there would be a lot more mages and individuals dedicated to finding the demon forged women. Varicar recalled the devastation of the incident Amberlei recalled, it hadn’t come to him yet but if that destruction was caused by this women, the cult had a weapon on their hands that would have the Kirin Tor searching for eternity… “You bring up a dire point… I will begin preparations to rectify this situation…” Varicar growled with that the two elves parted ways…

2 Likes

Skalaz looked up at Amberlei, the elvish women was much taller than him or his race usually were. “Amberlei,” Skalaz nodded, “Trogg problem eh? Sure I can remind them why they don’t play with fire…” Skalaz Gabe a darker grin, “they get burned…” Skalaz said, “Alright, High Magus enjoy the food… I got cave creatures to scorch…” Skalaz said walking away from the elves and Sericon’s room… The cult needed him, troggs attacking was one thing, if they asked Skalaz it was because the troggs were getting out of hand. Plus Skalaz had gotten restless creating good and food now was time for action!

Skalaz moves down the caves until he got lower in the systems passing several cult soldiers, trained men and women who saw fit to defend the cult with their skills in combat. Like Skalaz each member joined the cult for their own reasons, some sort of debt to pay, a wishful hope of a rewarded future, some place to call home when the others shunned them, or even members of the burning legion who had relented to the ways of the cult… As Skalaz moved past he saw just how uncontained the threat truly was! Troggs poured in through a large crack in the cave wall, each one of them carried massive crude weapons, Stone and obsidian Spears and clubs covered with black ichor. For every soldier there was atleast ten more troggs for them to battle, behind the hideous ape like beasts followed cave spiders of various sizes!

Skalaz rose his hands ready for action, his sleeves fell back to reveal his gloves were laced with pieces of flint and iron, the goblin with one hand began to cast his spell using arcane magic and alchemy to modify the airs chemical composition. With the other Skalaz snapped causing the inlaid flint and iron to vigorously make contact creating a shower of sparks! A orange trail of ionized burning air trailed from Skalaz’s fingertips across the room before a flash flame engulfed the crack the troggs were pouring through. The next troggs through the breach howled in agony as flames washed over their rocky bodies filling the air with the smell of burning flesh and hair! Skalaz was hoping to keep the troggs back for enough time for the cult to reorganize and ready themselves for the next rush…

Normally the goblin was quite skilled in creating localized explosions of burning flames however given the nature of the current battlefield the tactic was not advisable. The most important part is their was overall less air in the cave as it was if Skalaz kept using his flame attacks eventually the room would be filled with carbon monoxide gas choking the life from trogg and cult alike. The second issues came from using explosive attacks in the confined space with less area to spread out to the concussion force from the blasts would collapse lungs as well as the cave ceiling…

Skalaz let loose another bout of flames determined to hold back the troggs at the breach as he waited for more cult members to arrive, he would need to switch up bid tactics soon.

2 Likes

Sericon watched as Skalaz walked off only briefly stopped by Amberlei, one day they would find a issue to the goblins problem… For now they needed only wait, Varicar had done all he could to disguise the incident, luckily the incident remained undetected in some of the deeper parts of the Undermine… Skalaz’s home… The sheer power the goblin tried to fight was beyond anything Sericon had ever seen…

Sericon tilted his head regarding Amberlei, “Greetings, Indeed I have, a new blood by the name of Izzabelle.” Sericon stated listening to her other questions, “Coreect I do trust her, I’m not sure why yet but I feel it in my gut, she wouldn’t hurt me.” Sericon stated he liked Amberlei she was to the point.

“Yes, Izzabelle has had ties to involvements in Quel’thalas, it is likely those investigators from our homeland might have detailed if not barbaric information on our newest member. I concluded from magical scrying she was tortured there as they tried to cure her…” Sericon said, he knew the last part of his words were technically a lie, but he was not ready to tell the others he had expeienced visions caused by Izzabelle yet…

Sericon’s look was that of alarm, the new blood had awakened and quite erratically! A bright flash of fel light seemed to blind Amberlei before Sericon had a sense that Izzabelle huddled down into a darker part of his quarters a benefit of his unknown bond. Sericon glanced at Amberlei to see if she had been injured or merely stunned… “I am deeply sorry it seems I have been away to long from my research. I have everything under control!” Sericon barked before closing his door and locking it…

Turning fast the food still in his arms, “Woah Izzabelle, it’s ok…” Sericon stated moving incredibly slowly towards where he believed the startled women was, “It’s not time for you to be up and moving yet.” Sericon said moving closer once more to that spot, “You still need rest and food…” Sericon said picking up a piece of the cooked duck and offering it towards the cornered area… “It’s good see?” Sericon said softly picking another piece up and taking a bite… Sericon pushes the rest of the duck over to where he though Izzabelle was, he could wait for food for himself, it was Izzabelle who was malnourished… “Try some…” Sericon said sitting near her, he hoped to try and calm her with the food, his voice and if needed his touch.

2 Likes

Amberlei understood the Watcher’s feelings when it came to protecting both the secrecy, and the members of the cult. While this new Blood was in her trial period, Varicar would be exceedingly wary of both her, and her actions. Still nice she earned is trust, he would give his life to protect her. Hmmm perhaps I should have a cleaning crew sent to Stromgarde to erase the presence of the cult having been there. Amberlei thinks to herself as the Watcher speaks of covering the tracks that could lead the Kirin Tor, and/or the Unseen Path to their very door. “I will dispatch the clean up crew to Stromgarde immediately Watcher.” Amberlei says, knowing it will be one less worry on Varicar’s mind.

Amberlei nods in agreement at the Watcher’s words. “I agree trust is something earned, not freely given. From what I’ve heard, she isn’t to fond of having demon in her blood.” She says as she lightly scratches her chin. If she has a dislike for having demonic blood, she might have a dislike for demons s in general, which could prove highly problematic. Amberlei thinks to herself, certain that Varicar’s thoughts are most likely following the same path.

Amberlei relaxes a little as the conversation continues. “I agree that got the first few days that our new blood should be left under the care of the High Magus. After that she needs to be integrated into the rest of the cult Watcher. It will do us no good if the only one she trusts is the High Magus. We have every right to be untrusting, and wary of her existence among us. On the same note she has every right to be untrusting and wary of us as well.” Amberlei says the turns to Varicar with one of her I know you are up to no good grins on her face.

“Between the Gatherers, and the clean up crew, the Cults recent visit to Stromgarde will be erased from history.” Amberlei says with conviction, this wasn’t the first time, and it wouldn’t be the last. “They will also gather all the information they can on our new blood. I trust them to deal with those that might attempt to cause problems.”

Amberlei could tell just by the slight tensing in the Watcher’s shoulders that he hadn’t yet given thought to what she had said. Now that it had been spoken she trusted that he would work hard to rectify what problems that this could cause. It also meant that she would need to send the Crews to Stromgarde post haste. Neither the Kirin Tor, or those affiliated with them could discover that someone had taken the street rat from that place.

2 Likes

Amberlei laughs “We can always count on you Skalaz to burn into those wretched Troggs brainless skulls, their proper places.” She grins as she watches the Goblin head off down the twisting corridor, carved into the stone.

Amberlei listens before she speaks. “Izzabelle, at least we now have a name, new blood, seems a bit impersonal.” Amberlei says, happy to have a name to connect to this young female she has yet to meet. “As for trusting her not to harm you High Magus. That is all well and good,” pausing she looks him straight in the eye. “However can you say that you would trust her at this point not to harm, or run from other members of the cult?” She asks while folding her arms before her chest. “Also are you certain that she will be willing to help us? I heard that she bought Ak’agathshi to life. Was it just a slight movement, or did she animate the blade? You do realize, now that she is here, she cannot be allowed to leave.” Amberlei states, she knows that Sericon is aware of this as well.

“Amberlei drums her fingers against her arms, lost in thought for a moment. “I’m uncertain as to whether or not Young Izzabelle has been to Quel’Thalas. I say this only because, I doubt they would have let her leave, once she was their. We both know if they couldn’t cure her, they would have either given her to the Kirin Tor to be placed in the Violet Hold, or she would have been killed.” Amberlei says a slight frown marring her features. “I will tell you what I told Varicar before leaving him to come find you. Do you recall the attack on that group of Elves, and trolls.” Amberlei is certain that he does, given his intelligence, it shouldn’t take him long to see where she is going with this… “I’m not sayi…”

Well over a millennium of fighting was all that protected Amberlei from being temporarily blinded by Izzabelle’s surprise attack. Even then she wasn’t able to avoid it entirely. Twisting her head to the side Amberlei managed to avoid the brunt of the bright fel flash exploding inches from her face. Still she was dazed slightly by it, and her sight was messed up a little. Stumble back she shakes her head, hen lunges forward.

She hits the door just as Sericon shuts and locks it. “Keep her under control High Magus, she just attacked a ranking member of the cult. Should she attack again, I will declare her a danger to us, and have her put strictly beneath the control of the Watcher.” Amberlei states, she knows that the High Magus could most likely prevent it. Yet she also knows when it comes to the safety, and security of the cult, both Varicar, and her had the final say.

Just as Amberlei turns to leave an acolyte rushes up to her. ”Troggs, Troggs in the caverns, doom is upon us.” She screams the promptly passes out. Amberlei doesn’t even bother stepping over the daft idiot, stepping over her she rushes down the pathways following the sounds of screaming. She is met by other patrols heading in that same general direction. When rounds the corner, she skids to a stop. crap! this was much worse then she had anticipated. damn it, I should have known they had been way to quiet recently. Amberlei thinks to herself. Just as a large section of the stone wall explodes out less than five yards from where she is standing. The three guards standing there are taken by surprise. Shouting in pain as the are pummeled with exploding stone. Bones broken, bodies bruised, torn, and partially buried, they writhe in agony.

At least two dozen Troggs pour out of the recently made hole. The scream and bring their crude looking stone clubs down on the heads of the guards trapped beneath the rubble. Amberlei hears the sickening sound of their skulls shattering beneath the impact. One guard manages to bring up his weapon, and parry the blow. Thrusting out with his sword, he drives it up through the Troggs chin and into its brain. Ripping the blade free he slashes a deep gauge into the belly of another one. He is quickly subdued. Grabbing his arms, and his head, the howl in glee, as they rip them from his body. Tossing his head, it lands a yard from Amberlei’s feet part of his spinal cord still connected to it. Amberlei’s lets out a rage filled scream. Tearing a massive hammer from her back. She sends it flying into the group of Troggs The three at ground zero are obliterated by the blast. The ones closest are either dead or missing limbs. Then damage lessens the further from the center of the blast you go. “Get word to the Watcher now!” She command an acolyte who is curled up in a corner hiding.

2 Likes