Temporus Simia Negotium (IC Closed)

Miya snorted as The Captain sent one poor fool of a guard hurdling through her portal. She could actually hear him bounce a few time as he hit the deck of the ship. “You got one hell of a left hook there Captain.” She claims before turning to the portal a snarl twisting the features on her face. That overweight pathetic excuse for a human, was still very much alive. Leaving aside the loss of his extremities from from the knees, and elbows down. She wasn’t finished with him, he would suffer dearly for touching her with his disgusting, filth covered, grimy, hands. She shudders just at the memory of it, she would definitively be burning clothes this night. She watches as the Guards who thought to fight start getting knocked through the portal.

Seeing the boats get hauled up onto the ship, Miya knew that it would soon be time for The Captain, and her to leave the most hospitable town of Stromgarde. She watches as the cannons obliterate part of the cliff wall sending many a soldier falling to their death below. Those that managed to make it further down avoiding the barrage of cannonball blasts. Found themselves buried beneath rubble, and the broken bodies of their comrades. Screaming in rage they dig their way out, prepared to put an end to the horrific heartless beings before them…

Miya lands just behind the Captain, wasting no time she is moving across the deck of the Crimson Quell. Chanting in Thalassian as she moves, those who look closely would see runes of power carved into her flesh, start to glow. Only those fluent in Zandali would understand what was written and the power they gave. From her spot on the deck, Nihsa’s own body comes alive, as powerful runes written in Thalassian appear on her body. One of the lesser known things about Nihsa, and Miya, was they enhanced the others magic, when in the vicinity of the other. This came in handy for Miya when she was attempting to shield a vessel the size of the Crimson Quell.

Miya lets out cheer as the final cannon blast manages to literally manages to leave nothing behind of the guards on the shore, but tiny bits of flesh and bone and a spray of blood that would likely stain the seaside wall. Forever reminding Stromgarde, of the loss it suffered on this day. “Aye Captain.” Nisha calls out, “We be bringing the Princess to de bar when we get dere?” She asks before she prepares to finish her spell. Everyone on the Vessel knows that, whenever Miya goes to a bar in Freehold it always ends in a massive bloody brawl.

When Nihsa lets out her whistle, Miya crouches down and casts a mild version of frost nova, freezing herself in place as the Vessel shoots forward. She looks behind her, she knows that it will not be long before Stromgarde retaliates…

2 Likes

Varicar glanced up to hear Amberlei, one of his most trusted, “Sinu a’manore Amberlei, a shepherd is always worried for its flock, and yes the screaming women is someone of Sericon’s interest…” Varicar stated, he crossed his arms not in a defense pose however he was growing more relaxed. Varicar did give the smallest of grins at the mention of being rather disliked by new recruits… “The new blood didn’t take kindly to my less than trusting and extreme demeanor… I still don’t trust her however, how could I she was not put through the same treatment as the others who made it so far into these caverns…” Varicar stated he moved his body to lean against a stalagmite… “You remember that we follow a potential new acolyte or initiate for many weeks or even months… This women got none of that…” Varicar stated his distrust quite apparent in his voice… The procedure Varicar stated being a long time cult member gathering tradition, finding a new potential member, following them for a extended time to find out family ties or emotional ties as well as public status… Finally was the test of secrets, telling their potential member a piece of information with strict instructions to keep it secret… The cult would send others to try and seduce, buy or beat it from the individual then… It was only after these were completed were they trusted enough to be approached without disguise…

Varicar glanced at the cavernous rooms that Izzabelle had been in as acolytes flooded out and away from the location… “Her outbursts also give me good reason to lack trust and faith in this women, should such things occur in the city she would singlehandedly doom us all…” Varicar stated, his tone slightly more serious… “It appears that Sericon has taken her under his wing however, for now we will watch this new blood from a distance, don’t hesitate to intervene if necessary…” Varicar commanded, just because Sericon took the women in past the usual ways of entry, and began sole care of the women did not mean Varicar’s and the other guards jobs were done…

Varicar straightened his back out as he recalled the second part of Amberlei’s sentence, “The recruits did a commendable job this time. They stayed on the defensive rather than offensive on a old god worshiper we located. They didn’t participate in killing the man but worked great on containement…” Varicar stated a small grin on his face as he spoke of the men trained under Amberlei, Varicar always preferred containment over active participation in a battle. “The old god worshipers are becoming more bold…” Varicar said low, it was not normal to find old god cultists running around at all… “We must be sure to eliminate any old god worshipers we find, we wouldn’t want their growing numbers to give away our existence…” Varicar hissed, the last thing the cult needed was a old god cult going around causing disturbances, when the kingdoms finally went about investigating they might uncover more than one hidden cult and Varicar wouldn’t let that happen… “Come wall with me… The troggs I trust their status is unchanged?” Varicar asked using the wall to ensure things did not grow out of hand while he was gone. The troggs normally stayed to the lower levels, one or two trying to attack perhaps a day but never a true attempt at invasion…

Continuing their walk Varicar to a different part of the cave systems his own residence… “During our expedition into Stormgarde to find the tome, that old god cultist spat in his dying breaths that they held the tome… Some isle south of a place I couldn’t entirely make out…” Varicar stated pulling several maps from a nearby container… “I’ll try my best to see if I can figure out this location… This is the closest we have come to a actual living tome…” Varicar stated, “Years of tracking down rumors might pay off…” Varicar said a slight grin on his face…

2 Likes

As Varicar becomes more relaxed, Amberlei lean against her pole arm. “Sericon showing interest in anything other than his studies? What is this witchcraft?” She says a slight smile gracing her fine Elven features. “You always worry for our safety, of which most of us are extremely grateful. A lot of us owe you our lives, because of how cautious you are.” She continues growing a tad more serious.

“Ah, the typical threat of death, none take to kindly to it. Still judging from the sound of her screams. She seems rather young, and frightened, which can prove to be dangerous.” Amberlei says rubbing her thumb over her chin, while contemplating the Watcher’s words. It was indeed very strange to have someone brought into the caverns with no prior testing of any sort. “If you don’t mind my prying Watcher, why was this woman brought here? The cult has a few false locations she could have been taken too.” Amber asks, as the said woman of their conversation lets out a scream of terror. “It doesn’t sound like she s that thrilled about being here, so I find it a bit odd that she is here to begin with.” Amberlei states leaning more on her weapon. She tries to think of a reason in her mind, the only conclusion she can reach is. It must have something to do with Sericon’s interest in her. “l cannot see you allowing one into these Caverns unless they had been tested. Did the High Magus override your decision on the matter, and bring the girl here?” She asks, nearly certain that Varicar wouldn’t allow someone untested into these caverns.

A grin graces face and she relaxes at the mention of how they follow, and test new Acolytes, and initiates, before approaching them to actually join. “I still bear the scars from the torture session, where they tried to get me to divulge what information I knew.” Amberlei says, the flesh covering her entire back were just layers of scar tissue. “I was to be tested by some of the cult members, but was instead apprehended by the Kirin tor. Ten days of torture and I refused to break my silence.” Amberlei claims, shuddering slightly at the memory… “Good Times, although one of these days you will have to let me know how it was you managed talk them into surrendering me to your custody.” Amberlei says raising one eyebrow higher than the other.

“Yes her outbursts are indeed rather troublesome, and could easily doom us if she were to have them while in a town or city. Perhaps it would be best to keep her locked up within the Caverns until we know more about her.” Amberlei suggests, growing more concerned as the Watcher speaks his peace. “If you don’t mind what race is this woman, also why is she shrieking, that she’s not a demon spawn…” as she asks this a group of acolytes comes rushing from the room. They are carrying on about what they had witnessed. “Did you see?” “Praise be to the Dark One, she’s like the second coming!” “What does she mean not a demon spawn, the freaking girl practically transformed right before our eyes.” Who care about that, she brought the bone dagger to life…” The bits of conversation fade away as they move further down the hall.

This gave Amberlei much to think about. “Watcher I think giving what I heard, it might be prudent for us to dispatch information gatherers to Stromgarde. I believe that is where the woman is from. Perhaps they can get some of the information that we need. If the fanatics are t be believed and this new woman is indeed part Demonic, and in possession of the great ones sympathy, we need to know why she was there. We need to know when she arrived, if any one ever noticed anything strange about her?” Amberlei states, she firmly believes that they need more information on this woman. “Perhaps in a few days I will try approaching her, or we could send the newest healer to speak with her. Now however, it doesn’t sound like she will be accepting of anyone.” She says with a small sigh.

Amberlei smiles at Varicar’s words, she took pride in the recruits that she personally trained. They went through many months of vigorous training, both physical, and mental. Not only were they trained in a variety of weapon, defense, and offense. They also underwent mental conditioning to help prevent them from breaking under torture. “I’m glad to hear they did a commendable job Watcher, the newest ones that I’m training are coming along nicely. Although one or two of them couldn’t handle the pressure, and begged to leave. Needless to say they were silenced if you know what I mean.” Grinning she drags a finger across her throat.

A frown comes across Amberlei’s feature as a thought enters her head. “Watcher? With the mention of old god cultists, I find it rather concerning that this new woman would appear in the same place as one. I think we might have to move more quickly on gathering information about her. The fact that Sericon is showing interest, and by passes all the security measures in place to bring her in here. Leads me to wonder if she might not somehow be tied in with the Old God cultists.” Amberlei says, she could very well be wrong, but she always spoke her thoughts to Varicar, as he was one of the most trusted with the information.

Amberlei walks alongside Varicar as they move down the halls, “We had a few wander to close and try and attack, they were swiftly dealt with. Many of them seem to be complacent with recently having been fed.” Amberlei says with a slight chuckle, speaking of those who wanted to leave. The Troggs seem to especially like it if there’s a bit of life left in them. Even without their tongues, they can make some interesting sounds while being eaten.” She says, as the move through the winding corridors deeper into the caverns. “I did want to bring to your attention that a few of the scouting parties have mentioned seeing more troll activity above ground. At the moment they seem to be keeping their distance, however they are being watched, to see if they move closer to our lair.” Amberlei states, knowing that this information is prudent to the continued safety, and secrecy, of the cult.

Amberlei steps into Varicar’s room, and looks around. “A lead on a real living tome, it seems our years of chasing rumors might finally pay off.” She says smiling as Varicar starts pulling out his maps. “Shall I dispatch the gatherers to Stromgarde, while you try and discover the possible name, and location, of this Island?” Amberlei asks, looking down at the many maps as she waits for his reply.

1 Like

Adelion, lets out a loud yawn, before stretching, and popping a few bones in her back. She pushes the massive tome she’s been reading aside. She had spent hours reading, her eyes burned, her brain felt like it was about to explode. Pushing her chair away from the table she was studying at. She places her hand on the edge and pushes herself to her feet. She walks from the room she is in, into a small kitchen. A few of the other initiates are in there, having a bite to eat between studying. “Hey Del, How is the studying going? Has your brain exploded yet? One of the other trainees ask. “It’s a lot to take in, but I think I’m getting better.” She replies grabbing a bowl and ladling some soup into it. Walking over she sits down next to the woman who had spoken to her. Adelion still remembered how her life was unexpectedly changed a few weeks ago.

At that point she was still just a lowly acolyte. She didn’t see herself advancing beyond that. She along with her friend Ingrid, had been walking the corridors. They had been to busy discussing the possibility of the great ones rebirth, they had wandered deep into the caverns. It wasn’t until they were attacked by a group of Troggs that the reality of having wandered to far set in. Adelion managed to roll away from the Troggs that lunged at her, Ingrid however wasn’t as lucky. Adelion watches as one of the horrific creatures leaps on her friend, knocking her to the ground. The scream Ingrid made as one the Troggs bit into her shoulder ripping free a large chunk of flesh, and muscle, would haunt her for years. Adelion watched in horror as the other Troggs took out crud looking blades, and hacked away at her body. The blood curdling screams of agony had Adelion wanting to fade into the wall.

She watches as one grabs a large boulder in its hands, she hears the sickening crack, as it brings it crashing down on Ingrid’s head. The screaming has grown into small grunts of pain. it lifts the boulder again, the other Troggs continue to slice pieces off her body and gulp them down. Adelion’s mind snaps “stay away from her,” as she screams the bolts of energy leave her hand. The first strikes the Trogg holding the boulder in the face burning away his eyes and most of the flesh. The Trogg lets out a bellow of pain and brings the boulder down right to n the head of another Trogg, with enough force to crack its head open. The second to bolts strike the Trogg that had originally knocked her to the ground. The Remaining Troggs having noticed her again, leap at her. She ducks low and covers her head, waiting for the pain, that doesn’t come. Looking up she sees a patrol of Guards engaging the Troggs. She crawls over to her friend, and pulls her broken, bloody, partially eaten form against her, and weeps. She doesn’t see the way her hands are glowing, or the wounds on her friend starting to close up. The Guardians make short work of the Troggs. One of them picks up Ingrid and walks away with her, while the other usher Adelion away.

That was a few weeks ago, she had been tested, then she started in with study, and prayers. She wasn’t allowed to leave this small cloister, until she proved herself worthy. She now wore the robes of an healer initiate in training. She had not heard how her friend had fared after the ordeal… a voice calling her name pulls her from her thoughts.

“Adelion! Your skills are required,” jumping up, Adelion trips over her fee and almost falls. She looks up to see the head trainer, standing with a man beside her, who was having difficulty breathing. That and lower jaw hanging at an awkward angle made it impossible for him to speak. Yet his eyes conveyed his thoughts, which were easily read as. Is this seriously the best that you’ve got. “This is Del she will patch you up.” With that she is gone. The man looks at her like he sent expecting much. Deep breath, you got this, you’ve been studying this for weeks, you are ready for this. she brings her hand up and places it on the mans jaw and concentrates. At first nothing happens… Come on feel it build in your core, let it flow through your body and out through your hands. Theres a crunch, followed by a girlish shriek of pain, it takes her a moment to realize it came from the man before her. “What the hell are you trying to do kil…” He stops mid bellowing and brings his hand to his jaw, now perfectly set back in place. He moves it up, down, side to side, then nods in approval. “I apologize miss I was obviously mistaken.” He says as he gets up and leaves. The woman from early smiles, “You did good Del, you did good.”

2 Likes

Ahcirej came up quickly behind Aeseir like a hawk overcoming its prey! Before Aeseir could say a word she stuck out a piece of dried fruit… Commanding he consume it, which very wisely Aeseir did nibble on the edges before eating the whole thing…

Now came the strike! With eyes like a eagle and cunning instincts how did Aeseir expect to get away with the lie! His ear cried out in anguish as his world was yanked down to a lower level, “I understand now, hiding things from ones mother a painfully bad thing!” He squeaked out, the high elf warrior wondered how the family looked to the nearby goblins all over the docks… This is when Ahcirej turned on Jaseiah, the poor girl never stood a chance!

Aeseir watched mostly silently as Ahcirej lays down the rigid law of the land. Earlier Jaseiah had mouthed that mother knew best and although Aeseir was tempted to now mockingly do it back he hardly believed he had the subtle nature to do so. Instead Aeseir examined the surroundings taking note of many scorched areas around this isle docks, as Aeseir looked he noted a distinct lack of siege equipment or battle standards… If this was such a combative zone where was the ruins and rubble that usually littered such battlefields. A different thing that intrigued Aeseir was the object these diminutive races held, a work of metal usually connected with other metal pieces by small fitted pieces… Aeseir stared in amazement as a metal suit of what looked like armor slowly creaked to life, a goblin riding where the helmet might be…

Aeseir nodded moving closer, “Our kind lives but centuries, no matter what was lost we will have more together…” Aeseir stated trying to console his worried mother. This is when the goblin finally returned, a more happier step in his green walk.

2 Likes

Running back to the taller humanoids, weird pink things they were the goblin halted before all of them his armor clanking with each movement! “Yo, I think we figured out a deal to make for housing!” The goblin stated moving his hands as he spoke, “The boss said we can give you a crib to crash in so long as you and your crew throw a little hand whenever the other cartels try to push in on our terf! You three seem like tall and ripped peeps that would make a great help to our cause!” The goblin spoke, his words no doubt a probable mystery to the elves…

“Now holla at your boy and follow me, The pad you and yours will be chilling at is right this way!” The goblin stopped before turning around to address the elves once more. “For your information, the name is Maff! Bruiser for the great boss!” Maff said in his usual confusing goblin accent. The goblin now led the group along until they made their way to a great metal covered cavern, “The boss own this part of the isle but we got this way down to Undermine! Don’t get lost like some poser!” Maff stated leading them down into the once goblin tunnels, it wasn’t long before they reached their destination.

A scrap metal house stood against a metal way leaning at a hard angle, it didn’t help that the tunnel they stood in was also tilted… “This is your new crib to crash! Easy access to Kezan above or Undermine below! Now check it for yourself homies!” Maff said walking up to the goblin made door before unlocking it with a metal key, after opening the door he tossed it to Ahcirej…

Maff walked in, thankfully the house was made for perhaps a bigger goblin as the elves didn’t need to duck while inside the humble abode. Most of the rooms were mostly empty, a few desks, goblin made beds, a bookcase or two. Maff gasped as he rushed to inspect a giant device connected with tubes and glass beakers, “I thought we moved all those!” The goblin stated, “Don’t mind that, we use it for mixing potions… yeah just potions…” Maff said, “Now if you need more your gonna have to buy with your own dough, if you know what I’m saying… Now you get me??” Maff said awaiting the elves to answer.

1 Like

Releasing the poor boys ear, Ahcirej smiles. “I’m glad we’ve come to an understanding.” She then spins about and lays into Jaseiah, who is now convinced she has eyes in the back of her head. After her words with the two of them, Ahcirej cannot help feeling a little melancholy as she watches some of the Goblin families move about the docks.

Ahcirej gives a small smile, she hated worrying the two of them. “Don’t worry I’ll be fine, as you’ve both said we can make plenty of new memories. Starting with our expedition to this isle and the study of this unique new race and the intellect enhancing ore.” Ahcirej says as she watches, the strange suit of armor come to life. As she watches it another Goblin comes rushing back to where the three of them stand.

Ahcirej is listening attentively as the Goblin says his piece. In her mind she is quickly trying to make sense of what he is saying. Okay so they can provide housing but at a cost… A crib to crack in… crib? Ahhhh! Crib=bed, a bed to crash in? I would much prefer sleeping to crash… oh! Perhaps crash means to sleep or stay. Will definitely need to study the language of this race while we are here. Luckily We are aware of what Cartels, are and that these small green skinned humanoids consider their turf, as being the place belonging to them. within a few seconds Ahcirej deduces that the Goblin is saying. *We’ll apply you with a roof ver your head. If you put your necks on the line when wars with other Cartels take place. While she wasn’t particularly fond of fighting, she was here to learn. If learning meant blasting the face of one on the opposing green team, so be it. “Sinu a’manore, we will gladly help out your cause for housing.” Ahcirej says, rather certainly n that the three of them could be of help, when needed.

Ahcirej was rather certain that Aeseir didn’t wish to be yelled at again. So she opted with just telling the two children to follow her. They started moving when the Goblin halted and spun around introducing himself as Maff. “Bal’a dash, Maff, I’m Ahcirej, this is Aeseir.” She says pointing to her son, “and that is Jaseiah.” She states turning towards her daughter. With introductions out of the way, they continued towards the place they would be staying while here. After a minutes they reach what resembles a rather large metal covered cavern. Ahcirej looks around taking in certain land marks to help her better find her way around. Trying to differentiate one massive heap of metal, from another, took a keen eye. She easily understood how new comers could get lost. It would be best not to go wandering to far, until after they knew the layout of the place first. The Children and her follow Maff down into the tunnels.

Ahcirej catches the key and thanks him, before stepping into the house they would be calling home, while they were there. She noted that while neither Jaseiah or herself would have much problems moving around. Aeseir wouldn’t be able to stretch without hitting the ceiling in places. She walks over and drops the bags she is carrying onto one of the desks as she looks around. It was a humble place scarcely furnished, but it was plenty for what they would be there for. She watches as Jaseiah, and Aeseir, drop the bags they are carrying onto their chosen beds.

Ahcirej looks at the giant device, k owing what alchemy is, she understood what the device was, and how it worked. “Yes, can you direct us to a place, where we can get food, drink, and other goods that we might need while here.” She asks.

2 Likes

Jaseiah grins as Aeseir is pulled down to their mothers level by his ear. Shaking a finger in his direction behind Ahcirej’s back she mouths, mother knows best. Jaseiah had barely gotten the last word out. Her finger was still moving when Ahcirej turned her attention on her. Jaseiah was now convinced she had eyes in the back of her head.

Jaseiah couldn’t believe what she was hearing, that was so unfair. She wanted to go and look around as well, she was here both to study and to keep everyone safe, just like her brother was. “Mom!” Jaseiah whines, “I want to come with Aeseir, and you, why can’t I take care of everything later.” She asks Ahcirej while pouting, she so wanted to go looking around with her mother, and brother. Obviously her pouting didn’t work because her tyrant of a mother still forbade her to go with them. Jaseiah didn’t see the harm in just tossing things into the bags. Sighing loudly she gives in to her mothers demands. She would take a peak around by herself after she finished taking care of things.

Jaseiah lets out an awed gasp as what looks like a large strange suit of armor, starts to move. From the looks of it the movements seem to be co trolled by the diminutive green creature known as a Goblin that was sitting is the area were a helm would be. She watches it move with utter fascination, she was going to enjoy learning all she could while here. From what she can see, she is certain Aeseir feels the same way. It is about then that the Goblin Aeseir spoke with earlier returns with good news.

Jaseiah was mostly at a loss as the creature quickly spoke… “Wh…what… ummmm so are you saying… The boss will give us a place to stay if we fight?” She asks, she turns to look at her mother. Ahcirej had been certain that they would be able to get a place to stay with monetary funds. Jaseiah cracks her knuckles, she wouldn’t mind laying into something. While Ahcirej doesn’t seem overly happy with the idea, she agrees. Now it was off to see where they would be staying. Before walking to far the Goblins introduces himself as Maff. Then they are n their way once more, leaving the docks they head a bit deeper onto the island.

It didn’t take long for them to reach their destination, a small humble abode that was furnished with the bare minimum. Jaseiah drops her bags on one of the chairs, before walking through the place. There were two rooms of the main room, with held two bookcases, which sat between two large desks. There where chairs at each desk. In the center of the room was a sofa, and another chair. Along with a couple of stands. She moves into one of the adjacent rooms, there’s two beds and a few chests for storing your belonging. There’s a stand or two along with a small shelving unit. The other room m is nearly the same, grabbing her bags from the chair she brings them into one of the rooms and drops them onto a bed. The place had a small kitchen, but what grabbed her attention was the large device against one of the walls.

“Just potion? Shame, seems like it could be used for other more exciting venues.” Jaseiah states before leaving the room to take care of things. The faster she got this done, the faster she could explore her surroundings.

2 Likes

Corttez couldn’t help but have a grin on his face, in thought of the violent bar brawls the crew of the Crimson Quell had participated in, bloody fights yes but loss of life was low in tavern brawls. The real point of a tavern brawl was showing off who’s boss, not murdering another captain’s crew. Corttez made his way across deck, “This time the entire crew gets to enjoy the taverns of freehold!” Corttez roared throwing his arms in the air to encourage a wild cheer from the crew! Corttez continued forward until he made his way to the captain’s quarters, “Bring our spoils inside, we will divide the plunder for all!” Corttez roared out, another cheer from the crew rang out as several deckhands grabbed gold by the handfuls and rushed it into the capatsin quarters… The red furred hyenas merely sat and watched, their ears listening and twitching as they watched the crew carry the gold pounder to its new location, if some bold and foolish crewmen tried to pocket some gold, they would be found… Corttez shuffled his way inside past the desk embroidered with red and purple meant to count the coins and gold of a recent pirate haul, it was a area where paths crossed, to the right was Miya’s quarters, the spoils that came from being the first mate and quartermaster to the captain. Past the desk and entrance to Miya’s quarters was the captain’s own quarters, easily marked by the massive boney jaws of a great shark… The brave needed step through the innumerable razor teeth to open the captain’s doors revealing a entire room of great hunting weapons and fearsome dead creatures from the deep… Corttez at heart would always be a monster hunter, his prowess in killing and pillaging coming from years of captaining ships against the most vile sea beasts on the waves, the Crimson Quell a pirate ship fitted with rare monster grown materials…

That was one of the secrets of the great ships success! The hull was lined with shark scale skin, giving the ship the cleanest glide through the waves while still providing a nasty defense against any such creature that held the vessel… The bow of the ship was crafted from a entwined spine of a hydra, it’s three snake like skulls acting as the figurehead for the dark vessel… There was much more added into the vessel but now Corttez has his sights set on new sails, in one part of his quarters was a pile of a certain sea monsters skin… Corttez gave a small grin as he examined it, kracken skin… Hard to cure, equally as hard to work with, nearly impossible to acquire from a kraken… Corttez chuckled thinking of the guards face earlier in Stormgarde when he tossed that eye at him, not truthfully a kraken eye, no that was far to valuable to be wasted that way, just a giant squids eye but to a untrained guard the difference hardly mattered… Corttez sighed one of the ship earlier prisoners would likely need to be moved from the brig elsewhere…

Pushing his way back to the main deck Corttez shuffled into the dark recesses of the Crimson Quell, the brig… A horrific looking place if not the most vile place besides the bilge aboard the vessel, wrought metal cages lined the walls great spikes of metal pointed inwards at whatever they might hold prisoner… Corttez glanced at each cage, they would hold these guards easily, these cages were meant to hold much more dangerous and violent prey… Corttez glanced over at one of the larger cages holding the majority of the guards they had just captured, each of them were backed against the edge of the cage attempting to be as far away from their nearest neighbor. Corttez sneered turning to face what they feared, one of the Crimson Quells great tricks, a bound siren glared up from her imprisonment at Corttez, her mouth gagged so she may not sing her cursed infernal songs… The Stormgarde men were frozen what beast did these pirates have below the decks? Corttez scoffed at the man grabbing the cage holding the siren wench and begun to drag it from the boats depths… The captain took his prisoner above deck before entering the captain’s quarters dragging the large cage with a loud metallic sound… Reaching his destination Corttez tossed the cage slightly causing the siren inside to thrash as it injured itself on the metal spikes cage… “Quartermaster, we may need your skills in arcane wards!” Corttez called out, the captain knew the Stormgarde would retaliate in time, be their navy or dreaded pirate hunters a vengeance would come… But Corttez was not a dull man, when vengeance did come Corttez would ensure it to would be dealt with swiftly and brutally…

Whenever Miya would show up Corttez spoke, “You remember our siren in the brig? I feel she will be a great surprise for the Stormgarde when they decide to retaliate… I need you to place some enchantments and wards on the creature to ensure…” Corttez said with a dark grin, “That she stays cooperative… I know she is probably ever so eager be free…” Corttez said aloud, to the beast it might sound as if the pirates were trading the beasts freedom for service, but Corttez hoped Miya might have a spell to rope the beast back if they decided they still needed it…

2 Likes

Marcc continued on the helm of the Crimson Quell aiming the boat for faster currents, what might normally take a week would be done in only a few days… The crew and the Crimson Quell would need to sail past Gilneas and the dreaded isle of Tol Barad, both locations a possible threat to the pirate vessel… Gilneas was a maritime nation, it had nothing on the strength of Kultiran nautical vessels but still they couldn’t just be ignored… Marcc would need to adjust the direction of the vessel when they neared Tol Barad, most likely deeper out to sea, the beasts that plagued the waters were not a problem to the likes of the captain and his crew.

Marcc guided the vessel with care, he would however give up the helm to any he trusted enough to lead the vessel… Marrc watched the captain head out from his quarters to the decks below, the massive man didn’t have to see what was going on to have a idea of the goal of the captain. Marcc sniffed the air a bit as he smelt the blood of that particular creature in the depths of the vessel, a siren… winged reptilian she banshees that sang infernal songs luring the unwary sailors to their deaths… Marcc had hoped they would just kill the creature but Captain Corttez felt they could use the creature… As Corttez emerged from the lower deck dragging the creature in its cage to his quarters, Marc was distracted by something else…

Marcc may have been a Kultiran but his skills in being a bear had a effect on him, his nose was just as strong as a bears, able to smell out to twenty or more miles depending on the wind… Marcc smelled blood, a it might seem obvious because they had just fought in battle Stormgarde blood was all around them… But this was different, the blood around them smelt of decadence, malaise and filth, the blood he detected on the wind was different… Blood mixed with black powder, blood of determination… Navy men or perhaps even pirate hunters…

Marcc kept his nose to the wind as he monitored this scent, he let out a low growl a signal to perhaps Nihsa that he smelt something… Marcc would alert the captain to the scent when the hyena started reacting as well…

2 Likes

Once they’re far enough away, and Miya sees that they’re not being pursued she makes her way to her quarters. Entering the room, she swiftly makes her way to a small wash basin. She quickly Removes her tainted clothes, hitting them with a fire spell, to incinerate them. She traces a Rune on one of the taps to get the water flowing. It’s scalding hot, burning the flesh on her hands as she puts them under it. Grabbing a clean cloth and soap, she scrubs at her flesh where that vile pig touched her until it’s raw and bleeding. Miya continues to viciously wash her raw bleeding flesh, I need to get that vile pigs disgusting germs off of me. She is interrupted in her quest of purification when a soft towel wraps around her. Letting a a squeak of surprise she struggles to get away from the offending garment. “Tis okay little princess it be cleaned.” Upon hearing Nihsa’s voice Miya relaxes, “Valenae saw, so I knew you would feel the need to clean yourself.” As Nihsa speaks, Miya feels the warmth of her healing magic washing over her, healing the raw, burnt, bleeding flesh. “That foul disgustingly overweight pig, will regret having ever touched me.” Miya seethes pulling on new clothes. She finishes by pulling on a clean, sanitized pair of gloves, slipping not her boots, and heading out the door.

Nihsa follows her and heading towards the deck as she makes her way towards the underbelly of the ship. As she gets closer she brings an arcane shield up around herself. Stepping over the threshold she enters the brig, she swiftly removes her sense of smell as the putrid odor of, sweat, blood, vomit, feces, and other bodily fluids strikes her. She gags as she passes by one of the cages, she speaks an arcane word. As she does long thin spike appear inside inside the cage. She slowly lengthen them inch by inch, causing the waste blob of flesh to cry out in agony. Not having hands or feet, made it impossible for him to stand or stop himself from becoming a pin cushion. On the plus side he had enough blubber on him, to make a whale jealous. So it insured that being stuck through with dozens of spikes wouldn’t kill him. Yet it would just guarantee he was in exceptional agony. Miya grins as she hears his pained screams, knowing that more would come soon. Speaking a second word the metal spikes imbedded in his flesh start heating up. His screams cause the rest of the guards to cower in there cages. It isn’t long before the fat starts to melt, the boiling fluid dripping from the holes scalds his flesh as it oozes down his body.

Miya stops and gives the guard Captain a malicious grin. “It seem it is your unlucky day.” Miya states as she turns to two of the crew members that work the brig. “Take this waste of flesh to the chef please…” before she can finally she speaking the Guard Captain roars out in anger… “How the hell do you expect my tongue o cook with no hand, you loathsome witch.” His tirade is cut off as he bellows out in pain, as a third of the spikes grow hooked barbs, and are ripped from his flesh. One of the pirates leans in close, and whispers as they drag the cage. “You won’t be serving the meal…” they both laugh, “You are the meal.” The screams continue as Miya makes her way to the Captains Quarters. Stepping into the room she walks up beside him, “Captain, how might I be of assistance.” Miya asks.

Miya turned and looked at the siren, oh she remembered her, she was part of the group to capture her. “Oh yes I remember her, to bad her sisters were so uncooperative.” Miya claims as she looks from Corttez, to the Siren, and back again. “Ah I believe that she would make a lovely surprise from a Stromgardian friends when the decide to retaliate.” Miya says with a smile, Turning back to the Siren she looks her over. “Yes I can place a few wards, and enchantments, to guarantee that our little song bird doesn’t turn on us.” As she speaks she goes through different options in her mind. “I know a few viscous enchantments, which could easily destroy that lovely voice of her. Or I could instead ward the crew against her song? Or perhaps both.” Miya continues, her lips curving into a smile, a small wink lets Captain Corttez know that his Quarter Master understand what he is asking. She will ensure that the beast can be summoned back, should her services be required again. “Ah, yes! She does seem ever so eager for her freedom, perhaps if she’s agreeable we can come to an arrangement that benefits us all.” Miya says speaking loud enough for the beast to hear her clearly.

2 Likes

Isaik awaited the completion of the spell in the darkness… His knowledge to its completion was when the tome itself appeared by his and Yumara’s side… “perfect…” Isaik hissed retrieving his tome and handing over towards his Yumara, “Seeing as Aeseir, Jaseiah and Ahcirej were Orion’s idea to bring to the past we will leave their watch is better without darker influences…” Isaik stated, his hands directed outward opening a great ebony rift to another place… “It is time we check up on the cult…” Isaik whispered taking Yumara’s hand as they departed through the rift… Appearing unseen in the subterranean base, they could move around unseen and unheard…

“It might seem odd for one such as myself to purposely choose removal from the events of Salkeen’s children, it is a necessity for the cohesion of my commanders… We shall focus on our original goal instead…” Isaik whispered his voice carrying like a shade might talk to a man it wished to possess… His intentions were true, though he saw what Orion had done his involvement even in the most microscopic amount could cause lasting damages which he chose to prevent by simply not being present.

Isaik cast his gaze over Sericon and Izzabelle, the female elf lying in Sericon’s bed… Her introduction to the cult had not been kind, no doubt a side effect of the Watcher’s highly suspicious nature… Sericon himself still held a nervousness to trusting someone he just met… Isaik sighed, the elf was currently looking at the wrong tomes necessary for going forward smoothly… Pulling the air forward with his fingers, two tomes from Sericon’s bookcase fell to the floor… The first read, The history of the crusade; the second read, the wizards guide to arcane disguises; this is the knowledge Sericon should be holding…

Isaik glanced back at Yumara, “Izzabelle will see the true history of the crusade… Such things will show her what she can accomplish…” Isaik hissed, “We will observe only for a few moments longer before we move on…” Isaik hissed watching his Yumara close, he wondered if she still hurt from the last of Salkeen’s disruptions…

3 Likes

Aeseir said nothing he was just happier to be free of the infernal vice grip… He stood ready as Ahcirej turned to get after his sister, he would not be coming to her aid at this moment.

Aeseir nodded crossing his arms, “They are quite a odd race, but they build with much knowledge into that of metal… I do wonder what magic can make such a suit of armor move without permeating the armor…” Aeseir stayed watching as the goblin returned from before. Finally they would have lodging for the stay on this isle…

Aeseir just stood there blinking… what on Azeroth had that small green creature even said? The elves had fully understood they might have to try and understand the new language of this race before they cast some sort of arcane translation spell but Aeseir honestly had no idea what the goblin meant to say… Why would they crash into a babies crib?

Atleast Ahcirej had been able to translate what the green diminutive race had desired to say… Though Aeseir could say he was unsure how crashing and cribs went along with housing… Aeseir was more than ready to cut apart the enemies of this goblins group, it was a easier way to dissect the race than asking for their deceased…

Why would this race tell his mother to yell at him? Aeseir was unsure he would lie this new race called goblins… Next the goblin said his name, Maff… What a odd and ugly name… It was almost as bad as humans naming themselves Frederick! The name hardly rolled off the tongue as Quel’dorei names did…

Aeseir nodded at Maff as Ahcirej introduced him, normally he would speak but he hardly wanted to prompt the goblin into using that confusing language more… Instead as the goblin looked at Jaseiah, Aeseir gathered information on his surroundings. They had past by numerous piles of metal shaped into many thousands of shapes, the oddest part was the isle they strode upon was littered with odd things, these goblins hardly cared to the land they occupied…

Now Aeseir started to see the minor connection, crib referred to house, he still wondered if crashing meant crashing however… But the elf now had a new word to learn…, Homies? Crib was house, homies was home? As soon as Aeseir was inside he found a average looking bed and placed his stuff aside it, he chose the bed nearest the door should they need to defend their… … Crib…

2 Likes

Upon hearing their destination Nihsa grins, it would be god to return to the pirates paradise. “Aye Captain.” Nisha calls out, “We be bringing the Princess to de bar when we get dere?” She asks, grinning as she recalls the last time they brought Miya to the bar. The fights that break out are usually legendary. Broken bones, stab wounds, mouth sing teeth, destroyed clothing. Hours spent n the tank, digging splinters in glass shards out of your body. Yup bringing the little princess to the bar, usually was a guarantee some fight would break out. The fact she was usually the one that egged Miya on, should be overlooked. Speaking a few words, Nihsa laughs as the ship shoots forward through the water, carried by unnatural winds. The sails billowing, the waves crashing against the bottom of the vessel, the salty sea air blowing in her face. Ah this was the best feeling, One you could only experience with the freedom of being at sea.

Nihsa watches from the corner of her eye as Miya hurries across the deck of the Crimson Quell. Nihsa can practically feel the agitation, and need to be clean again, pouring off of her little friend in in waves. She could tell the moment Miya appeared on deck. That she wasn’t in the best of places mentally, the moved gave it away. Most wouldn’t notice, Miya had many years of learning how to hide what she didn’t want known, or seen. Nihsa knew because the bond they shared, also because Valenae mentioned some hefty sweaty guard kept touched no her. Leaving her totems in place she nods in Marcc’s direction “de be keeping da wind blowing while I be away.” She states a few minutes after Miya vanished from the deck, headed towards her quarters. The whole crew knew of Miya’s need to be clean. Yet only Corttez, Marcc, and Nihsa, knew how serious it actually was.

Nihsa’s nose is assaulted by the mixed smell of copper, and this disinfecting soap that Miya uses, when she feels she’s been contaminated. Nihsa can see that the little princess is scrubbing layers of flesh off of her body. The once white cloth is now stained crimson from the amount of blood dripping down her body. Nihsa quickly snatches up a large clean towel, from a warded shelf in the room, and quickly wraps it around her agitated friend. The second it touches her, Miya is lashing out. Nihsa tightens her grip and starts chanting a healing spell, breaking off for just a moment to reassure her panicked friend. “Tis okay little princess it be cleaned.” Upon hearing Nihsa’s voice Miya relaxes, “Valenae saw, so I knew you would feel the need to clean yourself.” As Nihsa speaks, She feels Miya relax as her magic washes over her, healing the raw, burnt, bleeding flesh. Once healed she listens to Miya rant as she gets dressed nice more. Then they both exit the room, Miya and her both heading in different directions.

Nihsa is enjoying the spray of salty sea mist. When she hears the low growl from Marcc. She walks towards him the smile fall g from her face. “De element be getting restless, dere be a storm a brewing.” She says in a low voice glancing behind them. “Dat nose of yers be picking up sometin yeah?” Nihsa asks when she notices that Marcc is subtly sniffing the air.

2 Likes

He just left it there! There! With them unguarded, away from my protections. Yumara doesn’t even realize that she’s emitting these low animalistic snarls, and growls, until Master speaks. When his Yumara looks at hm he can see the agitation in her eyes, the desire to have to tome back within her. He can also pick up on her desire to strike out at the three in the other room. If they try anything to damage it I’ll kill them all Yumara says to herself, her agitation growing as Jaseiah takes her sweet time. “It doesn’t feel right with it being away from me Master. Every part of me is screaming to take it back, to protect it. Although I know it’s perfectly safe.” Yumara explains, trying to put her emotions into words. “They better not damage it.” Yumara says With a barely audible hiss. It seems to her that Jaseiah takes forever before she finally reads the spell. argh! For pities sake just read the darn thing. Yours and your mothers extreme paranoia is so aggravating at times. Yumara’s hand is clenching Masters robe so tightly that her knuckles are white.

Yumara lets out a breath that she didn’t realize she’d been holding, when the Tome appears before them. She was momentarily overcome with the urge to reach down and take it. Had she been in the presence of anyone but Master, or Jericha. She would of taken it, before attacking the person with her. Yumara trembles slightly in anticipation, it was here, it was before her, yet she desired to have it back within. When Master passes it to her she clutches it close, running her fingers along the spine. Yumara speaks to the tome her chest splits open, revealing the dark, twisted, ancient, beautiful forest within. Vines, roots, and other forms of flora, and fauna, creep out of the fissure in Yumara’s chest. They wrap around the tome, it’s magic corrupting them as they pulled it inside. The fissure closes behind them, as the last vine vanish into the forest.

Yumara nods, back to herself now that the tome is in its proper place. She watches as Master creates a great ebony rift, without any effort at all. When Master takes her hand and they vanish through the black mass. For a brief second she grips his hand like she usually does his robe. Appearing at the subterranean base, her eyes flit between young Izzabelle, and Sericon. “It seems all isn’t well in paradise, I smell fear, hate, discust, mixed with slight feeling of joy, and yearning, coming from our Izzabelle.” Yumara says, as she continues to watch the sleeping girl. She was certain the bond with Sericon would help, yet she sensed an overwhelming need to run pouring off of the slumbering girl in waves.

As Yumara is watching Izzabelle, she does something that she’s seldom done recently. She allows her silence to wash over her, quieting her thoughts, dreams, hopes, worries. As she does young Izzabelle relaxes into a deeper more restful sleep. So deeply is her mind on the task of helping the girl, she is startled when the two tomes strike the floor. Jumping slightly she lets out a small yelp before her features return to normal. She looks over to see if Sericon will take the hint, and not just place them back on the shelf.

Yumara turns looking back to Izzabelle, a slight frown marring her features. “We can hope Master, but in many of my dealing with Izzabelle, she never sees, or takes things, like most would expect.” Yumara states, moving away from Izzabelle she comes up beside Master, her fingers once again finding the soft material of his robes. “What they viewed as rescuing her, she viewed as another group wanting to kill her.” Yumara says, a small hiss of pain escaping her lips although she tries to hold it back. Yumara lets out a tiny growl of aggravation, and brings her free hand up to her face. The sleeve falls back revealing that she isn’t completely recovered from Salkeen’s disruptions. There’s still tiny ethereal cracks and gaps in her bark like flesh. The flesh around the wounds seem to be diseased, infested, corrupted. They seem to be causing her a small amount of pain. Her arm drops, her sleeve sliding back down over the inflicted skin.

2 Likes

“Sinu a’man… whatever… Just don’t go getting mushy on me, you tall folks will be a great thing on the other cartels!” Maff said, he was a rough guy, he had been fighting in the trade wars for a long time… Bloody cruel wars they were…

There that women went with these weird smooth sounding words… She was clearly some magic slinger, perfect… The goblins were just learning magic and although they had a knack fire magic but the others? They could use this women! This Aeseir guy looked like a bruiser, they could use a tall bruiser, his blade however might cause some mess… Maff wondered how good this Aeseir was…next the elven women showed off a slightly smaller elven women, Jaseiah! Now she was a odd one, she looked like a mix between this Ahcirej and the Aeseir elf! What if she had the skills of both?? A rare thing indeed… Perhaps they would need to compare her to the troll they had in the coliseum…

“Honey, you got no idea! Now we goblins we knows you guys deal with stuff called alchemy, we knows it well too… Used to know a good alchemist before he up and left… But we also like a stuff called chemistry! Among other more enjoyable avenues of creation… Not all goblins like Kajamite as a drink!” Maff spouted off, he was a off fellow with either very little words or sometimes it seemed tooo much! “Normally I would move this baby out now, but I been hearing you Kirin Tor types like a little potion making… I tell you what, I’ll loan you this beauty if you can trade me something that comes strictly from your homeland! Nothing grinds a goblins gears like another goblin having something he can’t get easy. Rarity is value friend!” Maff blabbered on, waving his arms in the air as he spoke.

“You know I can doll! If you want fish you might as well buy from the merchants up on the isle, nothing worse than three day old Undermine trout! But if you want mushrooms and rat for some grub there’s a shop a bit deeper in Undermine to your right. Everything else just peak around we goblins sell it all!!” Maff said seeming quite proud of himself… He wondered if he should tell the elves of that deep Undermine cartel, they really hated all the new comers some sort of goblin only cartel deal…

1 Like

Sericon sat deep in his research, a tome describing the intricacies of the fel on his desk… The elf understood the women in his room was connected to fel but he just didn’t quite know how… He had read before that the burning legion had infused individuals with fel to enhance them in the powers that fel could give. The power of fel infused in her blood, Izzabelle’s body was stronger than even she knew right now… Sericon turned another page when two books randomly and wildly fell from his bookcase… “What?” Sericon said moving from his desk to examine the two tomes that had fallen to the ground, a book about the history of the legion, than another about magical disguises… “Perhaps a break is needed from study…” Sericon relented, picking up the tomes and heading over to his bed sitting on the edge…

Sericon opened the tome of the legions history, “I am not sure if your awake or if you can even hear me… But perhaps this will ease your thoughts…” Sericon stated he turned to the first page… “In the beginning Titans walked across the young universe, creating order in their wake… Soon the the massive pantheon of Titans found a group of races opposite of them, beings of chaos. Foolishly the great titans imprisoned the chaotic beings for their very nature…” Sericon stated as if reading a story to a young child.

“In time the greatest and strongest of the Titans discovered what many demons already knew, a great darkness poised to infest the universe in a unending nightmare! Realizing his fault the great burning Titan freed the demons and began to march across the universe with a goal to keep the shadow away.” Sericon continued, the words he had been reading were clear and obvious Burning Legion propaganda, but at the same time the legion did not see its goal as evil, they did not see the scouring of worlds as a villainous thing… For who would willingly wish to live a endless nightmare? Sericon placed a hand on Izzabelle’s own, he still wasn’t even sure if she heard him or wanted him to continue…

To others what Sericon might have done might seem like a warlock twisting others to the side of the legion, but to him the legions plan made sense… That was why most joined the legion, some for power, some for glory, but in the end all eventually learned the truth, this was the glowing army radiating with power that fought off the darkness… If the legion could not destroy the void, then atleast they would have saved a universe from eternal torture… Sericon squeezed Izzabelle’s hand, he now felt more at ease around the women, he couldn’t tell why…

2 Likes

Ahcirej’s face takes on a slight pinkish tone as Maff speaks. She’s been called many things most she cannot remember, however she doesn’t recall, Doll! ever being one of them. Thinking back she recalls this one shop they past on the way here. Well there was actually quite a few shops, but this one stood out. It might have been the sign, or the Goblin that was barking out their goods. Ahcirej thinks they will head there first. Mushrooms? Rats? She can feel her stomach turning, and hopes that they aren’t considered Goblin cuisines. She will happily avoid the rodents, and fungus, however she knows that Jaseiah is usually up for trying new things. Aeseir is also up for new things but she’s rather sure eating rats wouldn’t be one of them. She also wanted to hold off on going deeper undermine. At least until after she had spoken with other members of the Kirin Tor.

Now that she thought about it, she pauses. “Maff, are there places that we should definitely try avoiding. We are here on research, while fighting is to be expected when we are called upon as per our agreement for this… crib. Still I prefer not going looking for trouble if it can be avoided.” Ahcirej says glancing around ver at Jaseiah as she hurriedly puts things away.

Turning to Aeseir she speaks, “I get this feeling that you do not trust your sister with putting away your things, especially if you actually want to find what you are looking for.” Ahcirej says with a slight smile, Aeseir can sense that their mother doesn’t quite trust leaving Jaseiah alone, while they go out and get things for place they’re staying at. Aeseir is well aware of the fact that Jaseiah will at times go looking for fights, dragging him along with her. Which is at most times a good thing, because that girl can get in over her head rather fast. “I also fear what research notes I’ve gotten will be lost in the… hmmmm? What does she call it? Oh, yes, organized chaos.” She looks just in time to see Jaseiah grab a pack with her clothes in it. Most of them now crumpled from her earlier handling of them. Sighing she walks over and takes them from her daughter. “Honestly Jaseiah what did this robe ever do to you, to deserve such treatment?” Ahcirej asks of her daughter, taking the robe from her. Speaking a word in thalassian she snaps the the robe, as she does all the wrinkles, and creases, vanish. One moment it’s a rolled wrinkled mess, the next it smoothed out and neatly folded.

She turns to her children, and then Maff as she picks up the next item of clothing, this would be a while. “Maff would you point the way to the Best Catch for your Cash, shop that we saw while walking here?” She asks politely before speaking to her son, and daughter. “I want the two of you to go and get the supplies that we will need.” Jaseiah squeals with delight at being able to go out and not have to put things away. Running up she hugs Ahcirej “Thanks Mom.” Ahcirej sighs “You are still in trouble you know.” Sadly Jaseiah isn’t listening instead she is searching her bags for something. Ahcirej returns to her task certain that Aeseir, and Jaseiah can take care of other things.

2 Likes

Jaseiah grins, “More enjoyable avenues, now we’re talking the same language.” She drops her voice to a whisper, “Mom was rather angry when She found out I was using her alchemy lab, for more enjoyable avenues.” Jaseiah states, as she empties one of her bags onto her chosen bed. It filled with the pelts of different animals, along with some completed works. “I like working with leather, scales and other animal hides. One can create such wonderful pieces with them.” Jaseiah says, pulling a neatly folded cloak from the mix she shows it to Maff. This cloak is made of the finest leather, it has lynx fur sewn on the inside for comfort, the outer part of the cloak is covered in tens of thousands of individual dragon hawk scales. Dragon Hawks are creatures native to Quel’Thalas. The scales imbue the cloak with a magic that allows the wearer to move faster then normal.” Jaseiah is saying when her mother asks the Goblin a question.

While the two of them converse, Jaseiah starts to quickly shave her stuff away. A few parts of the conversation grab her attention however. Such as the places they should avoid. She looks across to her brother and smiles, she know like her, he likes a good fight every now, and then. One of the reasons they chose not to remain in Quel’Thalas, was because everything seemed so compliant there. It seemed nothing adventurous ever happened. Once in a while the trolls would act up, and try and attack, but the were usually quelled rather quickly. She is about to start in n her mothers stuff when.

Jaseiah grins at her mother’s words, just because neither her or Aeseir understood her unique organizational skills, didn’t mean she didn’t have them. She also like watching her mother work her magic.

Jaseiah squeals in delight and runs up and hugs her mother before she can finish speaking. Whatever else she is saying is list as Jaseiah rushes back to dig through her stuff again. This time she pulls out what appears to be an empty deep blue cloth bag, embroidered with magical runes. She quickly moves back over to Maff, and pulls an clean crystal orb from the pouch. It is a bit larger than two human fists balled up and held together. Within it are two objects a twig with a cocoon adhered to it, and a seed. “Quel’Thalas is a place of eternal beauty, eternal spring. This is an orb of eternal spring.” She explains, sitting it carefully in the palm of one of her hands. “If you turn it this way,” as she speaks she rotates the orb clockwise. Before Maff’s eyes buds start to form on the twig, the cocoon starts to tear a creature slowly emerging, the seed begins to sprout. When she is finished turning it, there’s a gorgeous sapphire blue butterfly, flying around a lovely pinkish colored flower. It will stop every minute or so to perch on the now leaf sprouting twig. “If you turn it this way,” Jaseiah says turning the orb in the opposite direction returning everything back to normal. “If you were t break the orb, you will find that both the flower and butterfly are very real. However it does have enchantments on it to prevent it from being shattered easily.” Jaseiah states, before smiling, and hoping. “So Maff are either this or the cloak enough to get you to get you to leave that contraption behind?” Jaseiah asks looking towards the wall that held the alchemy like equipment setup.

2 Likes

She flies through the forests, the cracklings, and crunching, of dried dead leaves, echoing in her ears as they are crushed beneath her feet. The muscles in her legs feel like they’ve been set on fire. Her chest aches more with every breath she draws in. The dark branches of the trees grab at her hair, like long gnarled bony fingers, painfully ripping countless stands from her head. Izzabelle sobs, tripping over an root, she stumbles a few steps before catching herself. The mishap has allowed her pursuers to close the distance. She can now here their shouts, she can see the light from their torches. “Get the witch!” “Kill the abomination!” “Burn it before it curses us all.” “Death to the spawn of demons.” A sudden sharp ripping pain tears through her shoulder, another through the meaty flesh on one of her thighs. A third one rips through her side. Izzabelle cries or in pain her sprint now more resembling a drunken stumble. She looks down at the arrows protruding from her body, just as another shatters her knee sending her crashing to the forest floor.

The forest and her pursuers are gone, she is on trial now. She’s been beaten and broken, tied to a cross like structure. Have of the crimes they claim she committed are false. Bogus charges made up to give them a reason to kill her.

She is dying bleeding from hundreds of wounds, bone splinters stick out of mangled muscles and flesh. She looks up wanting to see the face of the one hell bent on destroying her. It’s him…

Suddenly he’s gone, everything goes tumbling away leaving her in a soothing sea of darkness. She tries to think but her mind is silent, not hate, accusations, worries. Izzabelle finds her mind shutting down as she drifts deeper into this calm peaceful darkness.

Sadly Izzabelle could not hear what he was saying, Yumara’s silence, quieting his words so they fell upon deaf ears. Although the young woman lying on the bed was unable to hear his words. The child that Yumara kept safe within her did. Whether or not, that would change anything wouldn’t be known until later. Yet if Sericon looks he will notice that Izzabelle’s body isn’t as tense. Her body is more relaxed, making her look younger and less harsh. Her trembling has stopped, her breathing evening out, her heart no longer thundering in her chest so loudly that it could be heard.

Once again Sericon finds himself being ripped from his sanctuary within the hidden Mediterranean lair, and thrown within the mind and body of young Izzabelle.

He’s weak, so weak he can barely move, which is a good thing. Every shift of the body feels like thousands of wasps are stinging his back all at once. He can feel the wetness as it leaks from the corners of young Izzabelle’s eyes and drips down her face… then he hears the voices. One he recognizes from an earlier experience, the voice of young Izzabelle’s mother. “No more, do you hear me Flaness, No, More”. The woman shouts her voice rough from crying. “You must under…” a second voice, male by the sound is cut off by the distraught mother. “Understand, don’t you freaking tell me to understand. I understand that they tried to kill her Flaness. They weren’t trying to save her, or cure her they were trying to kill her”. the woman screams clearly irate. “Are you…” “Am I sure, them whipped her with lengths of barbed wire until all the flesh was torn from her Back, the muscles, and tissue beneath, were a bloodied mangled mess. Then the drove hollow spikes into her wrists and ankles to drain all of what they called tainted blood from her.” Her voice had become a bit softer. “We are not going to Quel’Thalas’ I will not put her through this again.” “You must understand that she will never be excepted as she is, she will be hunted and persecuted all of her life. I’m sorry I love you, and her, but she’s an abomination…” Sericon hears a loud slap, as flesh connects with flesh. “She’s my daughter, and yours through magic.” The woman says seething with fury. “She’s also the creation of a cruel demonic experiment, forced upon you by that wretched demon lord that held you prisoner. An experiment of the darkest Magic’s used to fuse the essence of hundreds of demons to one of the eggs ripped from your body…”

Once again Sericon is back in his room, Izzabelle’s hand now firmly gripping his in her sleep.

2 Likes