Temporus Simia Negotium (IC Closed)

Skalaz rubbed his hands together finally they were back in the base, Sericon and Varicar trailed off to other caverns a dispute on whether a street rat could indeed be special. Skalaz shrugged, he didn’t see why she couldn’t be, in the Undermine it wasn’t uncommon for some bottom of the barrel goblin to make something of himself through grit, cunning and determination. Skalaz and his brother had done just that when they were born… A great idea turned to rousing success, but just as things did great times came and went and now Skalaz was here among a cult with a idea that a great ancient demon might set the world right… Skalaz normally wasn’t one for all powerful beings ruling over him, yet finding a powerful being was needed to help the goblin in a task unlike any other… Still before such a creature was found Skalaz had a job to do.

The goblin sat at the head of a large table at the foot of the table was a absolutely astonishing pile of what looked like rock. Skalaz had a small grin, it wasn’t just rock however, the cave system that they called home was infact loaded with lead. A heavy easily maleable substance devoid of most uses in this age and time, except a skilled alchemist could transform lead to gold… Scientifically speaking changing lead to gold was as simple as magically removing protons from the element… So Skalaz functioned as the cults currency provider transforming the lead from the caves to gold in exchange for progress in his own goals and plans… Plus Skalaz kinda owed the cult…

Skalaz noticed Varicar move down the stone halls of the cave system notibly devoid of blood stains and with a troubled look. Had the street elf possessed the sympathy of their missing god after all? Skalaz scratches his chin, the implications were interesting to say the least…

1 Like

Izzabelle saw the horrible Elf raise his hand, and glared at him. She didn’t care at this point what it would cost her. If that heartless horrific creature, that was no different then the Guards of Stromgarde. If he struck her, she would strike back, to the nether with the consequences. She raises her hand up to protect her face, shifting her legs beneath her readying to spring up, and strike back. Yet she never gets the chance, as the nicer of the two steps between the blocking the blow. Izzabelle felt drawn to this Elf, she felt safer in his presence. Still the look in that wretched Elves eyes when the other interfered, said they would be some form of punishment doled out later.

Izzabelle holding her aching stomach snaps, “I’d rather you be dead as well, you waste the air just by breathing it.” She despised this elf. Still her hunger was distracting her so when the kinder elf conjured the cakes, she ate them. Of course she was leary about eating them, but when starving you tend to toss commonsense to the side. Besides she felt she could trust him, even though she couldn’t help but voice her thoughts.

Izzabelle turns and looks in the same direction as the cake conjuring Connoisseur, and frowns. “I forgot that’s the jerks job.” she says as she swallows the piece of cake she has in her mouth.

Izzabelle so wanted to retort, but this time she wisely held her tongue. This was not something done often in the state she was in. She personally didn’t care what that lousy failure thought of her. She didn’t think he was any better then her. Still the kinder Elf was trying to quell the animosity between them, Izzabelle was fairly certain it wouldn’t work.

Izzabelle actually turns and looks at the elf with a somewhat surprised look, like she somehow couldn’t believe he wouldn’t kill someone with exploding cakes. “Really?” She asks somewhat perplexed by the idea. “people poison food all the time, to kill others, I should know.” Suddenly her fists clench and her eyes momentarily glow green. “The one friend I had in that horrid place was killed by some greedy pig poisoning food and leaving it where he could find it.” She hisses out in a voice barely above a whisper. “So exploding cakes doesn’t seem that strange, besides what a way to go.” Izzabelle says as she pops another piece of cake in her mouth, savors the taste then swallows it. “Drag some starving urchin back to your secret lair. Then proceed to fill them up with exploding cakes. Test them, then if they fail, BOOM!!! then it’s off to find your next test dummy.” Izzabelle says with a slight smile. She was starting to trust this Elf more as they spoke, she felt he would defend her even if she failed this test. “Also I don’t want to get to know him, I just want him to stay the hell away from me.” Izzabelle states turning away from the Elf who’s hands were itching to pull out his blades.

Izzabelle could feel it in her blood as she watches the green flames appear at the tips of the Elves finger. Even then her mind refused to believe it, he was wrong, they were all wrong.

She gives the bone blade in his hand a weary look, she wasn’t sure if she had this Sympathy in her or not. She hoped she did because she wanted to stay near this elf, even if she wished the other wretched elf would disappear. “I’m suppose to bring this bone blade to life? You do realize that I’m not magically gifted in life giving techniques?” She asks as she takes the blade.

Izzabelle lets out a startled squeal as the blade turns into flesh. She nearly drops it in her surprise, she wasn’t expecting this to happen. The flesh felt warm to her, when she tightened her grip on what was once the pommel of the blade. It felt like her hand was being gripped in return. Her eyes wide with shock she looks around the room, “Sorry about that, I shouldn’t have touched it without asking.” Izzabelle states

Still in a state of shock Izzabelle snaps “You don’t have to worry about me selling you out for gold you pathetic wretch. I’d have to pay a desperate nympho gold to take a failure like you. I don’t have coins like that just lying around.” Izzebelle growls out, she didn’t care what any of them said, she hated him.

Izzabelle’s anger abates slightly as Sericon introduces himself, she finally had a name. As he speaks it, she feels as if its being carved into her very soul. Oh wait she should probably introduce herself. “Hello Sericon Shadewind, I’m Izzabelle, I don’t have a family name that i remember. Although most just refer to me as street rat, sewer filth, witch…” Izzabelle suddenly stops speaking, her body starts trembling. She pushes the knife back into Sericon’s hand. “Their wrong, you’re wrong, I’m not a Demon Spawn! YOU"RE WRONG!!!” Izzabelle screams. Her flesh starts hardening into blackened demonic scales, her finger elongate into razor sharp claws. The beginnings of horns start to grow from her temples. Blood splatters the walls behind her as bat like wings burst from her back… Flames wreath her body in a hellish green glow.

1 Like

Jaseiah lets out a muffled scream of surprise from where her head is now buried beneath three pillows, and scrambles out of bed. Her left hand come down in the puddle of drool from earlier. “Ewwwww!!! gross…” Scrambling out of bed her feet get tangled in the sheets. She tries to catch her balance her arms windmill about maddeningly, before she face plants onto the floor. Jaseiah was not the most graceful when she first woke up. Jaseiah rolls over onto her back, reaching up she wipes the blood off her upper lip. Ouch! she touches the bridge of her nose with her fingers. It was sore and it felt swollen, she curses the bed, and sheets, for their part in this early morning disaster. Speaking a few words in Thalassian a spark of magic appears between her finger and thumb. There’s a flash of intense pain, and crunch sound as the cartilage in her nose resets to its proper place. Sitting up she looks over at Aeseir.

Jaseiah hops back to her feet and comes up behind her brother, leaning in close she hugs him from behind. “Still looking over the reports on this new race that has sprung up dear brother.” Jaseiah says more then asks. “Going over charts, and maps, of the Island of Kezan as well, did you get any sleep last night?” Jaseiah asks him as she straightens herself up. “Tell mom I’ll get our stuff repacked after I clean up and get dressed.”

Jaseiah is in the middle of putting on one of her boots when she comes crashing into the room. She hops about on one foot while trying to pull her boot on. She makes her way over to the food and grabs a large slab of bacon, “You better not be eating all the food Aeseir.” She states growling like a wild animal before shoving it into her mouth. Grease runs down her chin as she attempts to chew and still pull on her boot at the same time.

”Mom!!!” Jaseiah shouts. as she finally gets the boot on a plops into the last chair. She then turn to her brother who seems to be treating that poor orange slice like it’s the pinnacle of true evil. Grinning she leans close to him and whisper “Don’t you just love the way the ships rocks, and sways, when you hit some really good waves.” Jaseiah says with a smile, then grabs a few slices of his orange when their mom looks the other way and pops them into her mouth. She knows Aeseir won’t be able to stomach much, and doesn’t want their mother to worry. Leaning back in her seat, she takes a biscuit, adds some fruit spread to it and starts to eat.

Jaseiah jumps up to her feet, they had finally arrived and she hadn’t even started packing their bags. She runs about the room grabbing all there stuff and throwing it into bags, pouches, and satchels. They were going to be here for at least a few day, perhaps weeks. She could sort things out when the got to wherever they would be staying. They weren’t the only ones that were here on this mission, a few other High Elves, and Kirin tor members were here as well. “Hurry up you two we have to go buy some things and spend our money.”

1 Like

Sericon nodded the women was correct, all around the planet others killed with poison and trickery. Even Varicar had resorted to killing a few certain individuals that had learned of the cult with poisons so foul, the elf might have been abrasive but his skills were needed to keep the whole operation a secret. “Well you are one of the first we had brought back here to do such a testing, hence the angry earnings of your new friend here.” Sericon poker at the women she was very good at trying to rile people up fast. “Nobody else felt so unique as you, in a world of mundane, we had to test one such as you.” Sericon stated, he meant no ill will, to him finding her was something special.

Sericon grinned everything was coming together, the blade responded to her touch they now had a key to finding the one they had not located in eons. Every summoning a failure, every communication failure… Izzabelle spoke of how Varicar had failed in finding their god, it wasn’t Varicar who failed it had been Sericon who couldn’t reach the powerful being… It was his failure… A hint of that failure weighed heavily on Sericon’s shoulders before he gave a small grin, he hadn’t failed he found Izzabelle.

Sericon moved his right leg back into a casting stance summoning fel flames to his hands, it wasn’t aggressive but a defensive position. “Wrong? Do you not see your very flesh? How the fel responds to your presence?” Sericon asked his own fel flames reacting to her change. “Why is it wrong to have demon blood in your veins? This does not make you evil, you are still you are you not?” Sericon stated holding his hands up and trying to move closer, he banished the fel flames from his hands… “I can show you, your not evil, the powers you command are not evil.” Sericon said moving ever closer, he meant it too, fel was not a evil force to him… Fel was a natural force of the universe deserving of its place just as much as any other.

2 Likes

Varicar watched her closely before leaving he hardly trusted the elf women, a vagabond from the streets who’s mouth could not be trusted to keep them secret or greed known not to take a coin and damn them all…

In the halls he had much to consider, if she held the sympathy of the being they so desired to reach why was she just but a simple street rat? She had the power within her to be more, a she demon that plagued the country side, surely the repugnant human guards could not halt such a creature…

Varicar turned giving off a slight hiss of irritation, the women now screaming down the cavernous halls… The yells of fury only making Varicar wonder if the women could be subtle at all, such a transformation in public would be a disaster! Varicar could’ve turned back to head to try and curb such roars from the cavernous room, but these things were not his to control… Sericon brought her here, Sericon would ensure control was maintained…

Varicar only needed focus on keeping the cult a secret, this new women was merely just another variable to consider in such things… Varicar sighed scratching his head, he knew she would likely be needed in finding the other objects hidden around the world, but he just didn’t trust her yet…

1 Like

Nihsa had been relaxing near the helm, when Verricc had appeared, minus The Captain, and the princess. She cannot help the grin that breaks out across her face when she hears the new. Not surprised the two of them be making off with enough gold the fill the coffers. Yet being accompanied by those baring the Black Mark, wasn’t a normal occurrence. Nihsa ponders momentarily what they might have done to warrant a mark of death upon them.

Pulling out the necessary items she draws a magical circle upon the deck of the Crimson Quell. This would enhance her power and connection with the elements. Next she lights the candles, and places the power crystals. Slicing her palm with a sacrificial knife, she allows three drops of blood to fall on each of the six runes, activating them. Dropping to her knees amid the circle of power, she starts chanting in her native language. She calls upon the elements of air, and sea. She beseeches them to come to her aid.

Nihsa looks up from her communication and grins “Aye both da wind, and da sea be favoring us today. Are ye ready to be getting us out of this cove?” Nihsa asks, looking around at the crew. Valenae had assembled her gun, a fine piece of craftsmanship. And was now helping to get the ships cannons loaded with the rest of the gunners. The sails were hoisted and ready to be opened. Below deck a group prepared to pull up the anchor. Everyone was awake at their stations and doing their jobs. Those that slacked even the slightest, found themselves missing bits of flesh. The heckling, and laughing red furred devils of the Captain’s rushed about, keeping the crew in line. Now they awaited the Captain, Quarter Master, and their guests.

1 Like

Izzabelle with her back to the wall inches further away, twisted blades of fel, and darkness, appear in her hands. Formed by the very flames, and shadows that surround her. She lets out a low warning growl, as her eyes dart about wildly trying to keep all the cloaked figures beyond Sericon in her view. She was not a demon spawn, that hateful wretch from earlier had done something to her. She did not have demon blood, she wasn’t the monster they accused her of being. Izzabelle’s eyes rapidly move from cloaked figure, to figure. She didn’t know which way would lead her out of this place. These figures knew this place, if she ran she would be caught, and killed. Still why was she to believe they wouldn’t kill her anyways, was this sympathy they claimed she possessed, really enough to keep her alive. Deep down Izzabelle felt she could trust the Elf standing before her. Yet could he keep her safe from the rest, had she failed the test, would he have protected her anyways. She wants to believe that he would have. Yet this same person is accusing her of having Demonic blood. Trying to drag childhood nightmares back into the world of reality, with his words, and actions.

Sericon if he stopped and thought about it, would realize as he watched the frightened woman, the answer to his question. First he knew that deep down beneath vehemently worded denials, Izzabelle was well aware of what she was. It was getting her to except it, to embrace it that would be the challenge. Fel was a source of power, neither good, nor evil. Corruptive? Yes, but only to those who didn’t possess the ability , and skill necessary to control such power. All Magic’s lead to the corruption of those to weak to control them. Still if Sericon truly looked at her he would start to see the answer.

He would see it in the way her body tenses as it continues trembling. The way her eyes dart around seeking a means of escape. The dark circles beneath them which attest to never getting enough sleep. The way her body was grossly underweight, and small, even for Elven standards. The way she refused to look at herself, terrified of what she would see. This woman before him, was extremely young by Elven standards. She had also grown up in a world filled with hate, and ignorance. A place where having demon blood in your veins, meant you were hunted, tortured, and killed. In the world that young Izzabelle grew up in, She would not of been excepted. If he stopped and looked he would see she has the same look of hate and fear in her eyes, that was there when she was bound to that post back in Stromgarde. While not directed at him it was still there, a hate and fear caused by the one who had just walked away. While Izzabelle might be one to snap when she was overwhelmed, or hurt. It didn’t stop the fear, the uncertainty of the situation she was now in.

“I am not a demon spawn, I do not have Demon Blood in my veins.” Even as her mind denies the truth, that her eyes refuse to see. Deep down Izzabelle knows, memories of pain unending start to resurface. She screams out in anger, and despair, as she tries to disassociate herself from them once more. Why was he doing this to her, she was not a demon spawn, she wasn’t. Why was this person she desperately wanted to trust, forcing her to be something that she couldn’t be. abysmal green flames dance up and down the blades, of fel, and shadow, that she had conjured. Them start flickering in her hands, as her strength starts to wane. These demon transformations weren’t something she controlled, or even remembers. Izzabelle slowly backs away, not as much trying to get away from Sericon. She needed to put some distance between herself, and this cloaked group of monsters that she did not trust. As she inches her way along the wall of the massive cavernous room, she speaks. “Having Demonic Blood in your veins, means you are hated, that you are hunted. It’s days, weeks, months, years of unending agony, and despair, as you are tortured mentally, physically, and magically, as they try and force it out of you. It’s having your flesh flayed from your body, your blood drained. Foul concoctions forced down your throat, that cause your insides to burn, and liquify. It’s being chased from your home, having it burned down around you. It is being drowned, set on fire, crushed, whipped, broken, tortured. That is what having Demonic blood in my veins means to me. That is what it did to me, so I am not a demon spawn Sericon.” Izzabelle says again as the fel flames that wreath her form start dying.

Sericon can tell that Izzabelle is on the verge of collapsing, the only thing keeping her on her feet, was the pure adrenaline. Brought on by the overwhelming fear that she would be killed if she gave them the chance. Izzabelle lets out another growl, her energy was dying down, her body growing weaker, with each passing moment. While she found herself drawn to the Fel using Elf before her, she didn’t trust any of the others. At this point if she could escape she would be gone. She felt she was in danger here, her life had been threatened. They had not saved who she was from execution, they saved what she was. Had she not possessed this sympathy, she would have been killed just the same. How was she to trust that they still wouldn’t kill her. “Stop struggling, if we wanted to kill you, we would have let those barbaric humans do it…” “If she fails the test, we will have to kill her…” “she is merely a street rat with such things within her, whatever she was it’s probably not worth the effort…” “I would rather her be dead… I’ve killed men for much less…” poisonous words which created an chasm, of fear, hate and mistrust. A lifetime of fear, hate, and pain, wasn’t erased just by saying she wasn’t evil.

1 Like

Captain Corttez pushes his weight off the wooden cart, “A nice old man was just giving the thing away, said he didn’t need it!” Corttez shrugged jokingly he knew Miya would know his ways of obtaining such a thing were more forceful… The hyenas turned to Miya not recognizing her through their eyes but scent easily gave her away, trilling the red furred beasts exclaimed their growing impatience and hunger. They wagged their tails at the mention of their hunger being sated soon!

Corttez nodded grabbing the large wooden cart and pulling it along, the captain kept his eyes watchful for anything that might ruin the plan… They seemed to be going well, the populace was elsewhere, perhaps watching the execution of the street women from before… Corttez did raise a eyebrow at a distant blaze in the city, but it was far enough away to remain a nonissue. Corttez felt the change of magic around him as Miya placed her illusion.

Corttez puffed his already massive chest out farther glaring around the outside of the alleyway. With a short whistle the two hyenas disguised as guard dogs sat at each end of the alley ready to leap at any watchful eyes… Corttez leaned over towards Miya, “I got me a look at a bank schematic once, turns out they don’t change designs often…” Corttez stated the bank he had seen before lying somewhere in Gilneas, Corttez had figured since Stormgarde was a older city its design was what inspired the Gilnean one. In no time the cart swelled with a great pile of gold and jewels it would seem the trek would pay off assuming they didn’t get caught… As the cart ceased filling Corttez nodded at Miya and they moved away from the alleyways… Corttez now appeared as himself his two hyena guarding either side of the wooden cart.

“Get em lass, then we have some fun…” The massive man said with a dark grin, Corttez had many a plan for the guards that escorted the cart to the ship below… Sone would make great chow for the ever hungering hyena, some stress relief from the long trek here, some would sell to the Gurubashi as long pork… Corttez watched as the old frail women trailed off after their new cargo…

Miya played the fool of a guard like a elvish lute, her crocodile tears and exasperated gasps of misfortune only fueling the swill of a man’s ego. This is why they were a great team, no matter what scheme Corttez came up with Miya had a acting skill to go along…

Corttez watched as Miya faked her despair pointing in his general direction, next came the glare from the guardsmen… Corttez figured Miya blames the big bad captain for not hauling the cart. Then came the moment even Corttez knew the guard had messed up, he touched her not once but three times! Corttez nearly took his hat off, he was looking at a certified dead man, not just dead but horridly brutally tortured first dead man…

Corttez now put on his act, huffing he turned away and began to lead the group out. “I captain the ship, if you wanted a cart slave I would’ve brought a cabin boy!” Corttez barked out moving along, behind him he could hear a few guards snickering on his they were to be rewarded while the captain got nothing! Corttez glanced back the two hyenas they traveled with were now on top of the linen sheets ensuring no guards got any ideas of sticking their hands where it didn’t belong…

Corttez led the parade of idiotic guards and Miya our the front gates, the posted guards not moving to stop the cart as they normally might for inspections! Corttez glanced back to see if he might spot Miya’s face, she was no doubt still bothered by the sweaty grimy touch of the swill drinking guardsmen, before they started their decent into Faldir’s cove. Corttez glanced around he could tell the pack was hidden among the rocks and vegetation, the near silent trilling could be heard by those who knew what it was… The guardsmen were walking into a horrible ambush, there would be no escape! Decending even deeper into the cove Corttez crossed into the soft sand, a slight grin graced his face as he heard the guards struggling to continue pushing the cart through the tougher terrian.

Verricc was just ahead guarding the two boats, Corttez merely side stepped to the right of one of the boats and leveled his eyes expectantly at the guards, “Looks like it’s the end of the road for you…” Corttez stated pulling the hand cannon from his back, and aiming towards the guards… From the scattered rocks and vegetation a massive pack of hyenas now made themselves known, the entire cove was now slight with heckling laughter… There had been about twenty guards, but still they were outnumbered by around fifty hyena, the readied ship and crew… “You got two chioces before you lads,” Corttez spoke the guards now fully aware they were surrounded and in the presence of pirates, “Get in the boat or try to run.” Corttez offered, those that ran would be given no quarter… Corttez watched as the men began to make their peace, when one bold fellow decided he would not die without a fight! Pulling his sword free he glanced at his fellow guardsman and lunged at Corttez!

Corttez let out a great laugh, side stepping the thrust and swinging his hand cannon at the man like a mace! All hell broke loose! Half the guardsman formed a shield wall as hyena charged in for the fresh meat, a man cried out in pain as one of the red furred devils secured its jaws on his ankle shattering bone! Corttez leveled his cannon at the bold instigator of the fight, ensuring the fuse was still lit he pressed it into the firing pan, the cannon roared a massive boom sending small grape sized pellets through the foolish man. Confused by the fighting two guards formed up around Miya eager to protect the frail rich women from the vile pirates!

1 Like

Sericon watched as Izzabelle has a horrific reaction to her full transformation, her fear overriding any sense of calm or clarity. Izzabelle has not realized that she was important to the cult, in any place on Azeroth she was now safe, she would face no righteous priests hoping to cure something, no mages or Warriors hoping to purge a monster…

Izzabelle flat out refused to accept what she was deep down, Sericon still pushed forward looking at her emancipated form, she was dangerously thin… She had been hunted all her life by those vile creatures in Stormgarde.

Sericon pressed ever closer trying to block her view from any others in the cavernous rooms, “That will not happen to you here. We have all been hunted here before, what you are does not change that here you mean something…” Sericon stated, he had just met her but still he would go miles to protect her.

Sericon managed to close some distance laying a hand upon her shoulder… “You are safe here, you can grow here, there is no persecution here.” Sericon pushed closer, “Here we are all those with something the world told us was wrong, but we are not wrong, sick or need to be killed. I will protect you.” Sericon said, he knew the others would do the same now, she was apart of the cult. “You do want to live somewhere safe right, somewhere you matter?” Sericon said he couldn’t help it, it felt right but he hugged her to hold her safe.

2 Likes

Aeseir had looked over at the women, “I don’t need sleep…” He stated trying to seem more tough, in truth he had been sick for most of the night… Aeseir was still mostly unaffected by the lack of sleep, one of his main jobs was being the muscle for the expedition, one could only guess how this new race would react to them. Some might be kind open to trade and commerce, the next might desire new slaves…

Aeseir could only give a exasperated look at Jaseiah, before returning to nibbling on the orange… The citrus was the only thing keeping him stable on this rocking ship of agony and torture! Aeseir hoped by all light they would not use a boat to get back to the mainland if they left Kezan…

Aeseir turned more green thinking of the constant movement, his stomach crying out in agony… Aeseir gulped holding back what little he did eat, the elf would not lose his food in front of his mother…

Aeseir didn’t have to be told more than once, with a speed matching perhaps a whistling arrow Aeseir was off the boat his bags in hand and on the docks free of that rocking death prison… “Why hello there pal!” The goblin dock hand said, Aeseir glanced down. “Bal’a dash, Doral ana’diel? Which means, Greetings how fare you?” Aeseir stated examining the new race up close for the first time… They were a short green race with long ears like his own race… Their teeth were sharp and greed filled eyes sat on their face looking for something… “We are here as a expedition apart of the Kirin Tor and Quel’Thalas nations to learn more about your people and their culture… We will be requiring a suitable lodging for our research, I trust you will be able to accommodate such a request…” Aeseir stated his voice firm but not commanding. The goblin looked at the elven man up and down, he was not a creature like goblins, “I can get you a place to stay, but it won’t be cheap… Maybe I can get you a deal though…” the goblin said wringing his hands together, “Don’t stray to far! I’ll be back, be ready!” The goblin exclaimed running off…

1 Like

Miya was practically glaring daggers into the back of the whale of a guardsmen head. The sheer amount of hate, and disgust radiating from her could be cut with a spoon. As the massive wretch starts to turn, Miya’s face takes on this exited happy look. “You’re so strong, and amazing, I was so afraid I would have to leave everything behind.” Miya lets out a small sniffle at the thought. The ball of blubber reaches out and places a sweaty hand on her shoulder. “Don’t you worry your pretty self any, the boys an I’ll be getting your gifts to your ship.” When the greasy, smelly, walking pile of human refuse, pulls Miya into a hug, The Captain is certain that the charade is about to end. It takes all of Miya’s will power not to strike out and relieve that idiot of both of his arms. The guardsmen releases her, and bellows to the group pushing and pulling the cart. “Come on boys, put your backs into it. It’s not much further, heave, are you mice or men.” Miya scowls as the wretch turns his back to bark out his orders. The wasted flesh blob, hadn’t raised a finger to help with anything, other than to be touchy-feely with her. A grave mistake that would cost him dearly… When they reach the soft sands Miya straits to fret slightly, she reaches out with a gloved hand and touches the arm of one of the men pushing the cart from behind. “Don’t go and hurt yourself on my account.” She say a sad expression coming to her face. “I could never forgive myself.” The guardsmen shrugs, “Don’t worry any about me miss, we will get this cart to your ship.” Miya gives the man her most dazzling smile.

As The Captain pulls his hand cannon out, Miya gives a strangled shriek, before diving behind the cart. She looks up at the Guardsmen standing between her and the nasty Pirates, sobbing, and shaking. “I don’t want to die, please, they do awful things to poor helpless women.” Crocodile tears pour down her face. “Stay down mam, we will protect you.” The Guardsmen from earlier says moving to block her from the view, of the treacherous Captain. While ducked down behind the cart, Miya starts chanting under her breath. To the foolish guards it sounded like the prayers of a desperate woman. The Captain however knew she was spell casting, a familiar spell at that. Miya was creating a portal much larger than the one she had created at the bank. This would be needed to get the cart of gold from the beach to the Crimson Quell. Pulling a small steel mirror out of one of the stitched on inner pockets of her cloak, she stealthily signals Valenae. A split second later the guardsman that had spoken to her falls backwards. A hole the size of a gold piece dead center of his forehead. However the fragments of the back of his skull, and jellied bits of brain matter, were splattered in a vee pattern across both cart and beach. The guard on the other side of the cart, finds his heart and lungs exploding out of his back in the same fashion. As the first guard falls his hand strikes the cloth covering the cart. A slight jingling is heard as gold spills out of the top of one of the many bags and falls to the sand.

The fat pig of a guard goes to let out a bellow, but finds his mouth frozen shut. Miya comes up from behind the cart, gone is the weak pampered frail woman. The guard lunges at her eyes filled with rage, Miya steps to the side a speaks a few arcane words. One by one the blood, and bone marrow in the wretched mans fingers begin freezing. The pressure builds until it explodes outward, splintering bone, shredding muscle and flesh, as it rips through his hands. The massive whale stumbles as both feet undergo the same treatment causing him to fall to his knees. Miya leans down hissing into his ear. “I believe I promised that I would reward you for your help.” She grins evilly, “I always keep my word.” She says before creating a wave of force, and sending both the human refuse pile and cart of gold through the portal. A few other greedy pigs upon seeing rush Miya, and get thrown through the portal as well. On the other side of the portal, stand waiting over a half dozen armed pirates, and at least a dozen, very hungry red furred hyena. A Weasley looking Guardsmen with a bit of magical talent, manages to send a flare up into the sky, warning Stromgarde that there’s pirates in the cove. His body is quickly shredded by a volley of arcane missiles. Miya growls in agitation she, and The Captain, know it won’t be long before the horn sounds, and they have the whole Stromgarde navy down there.

1 Like

Ahcirej smiles as she watches her son trying to stomach the orange slice in his hand. Did he truly think that she hadn’t noticed that the rocking, and swaying of the ship didn’t agree with him. She pops a few blueberries into her mouth, as Jaseiah pulls on her boot, and collapses into the chair. Ahcirej shakes her head as Jaseiah attempts to make her brother more nauseous, than he already was. As the ship pulls into the one of the many contested Kezan piers. Jaseiah leaps to her feet, and darts around the room throwing their things haphazardly into bags. Ahcirej scowls at her daughter, who is tossing all their stuff in together. Once they found themselves a place to stay, she could separate and take care of everything.

In the flash of an eye Aeseir is gone, Ahcirej wasn’t even sure she could blink as fast as that boy moved to get off of that boat. Ahcirej uses her magic to send the rest of the uneaten food back to the kitchen, before she exits the room. Jaseiah has already joined her brother, when Ahcirej walk up to them. Walking up to Aeseir she pulls a small pouch off of the belt on her waist. Reaching in she pulls out what resembles a small piece of dried fruit. Giving it to Aeseir she smiles. “Chew it, it’s a candied ginger chew. Ginger is not only a natural remedy for nausea, but also one of the best remedies for it.” Ahcirej watches to make sure her son eats the chew. “Did you think that your mother wouldn’t notice that you were suffering from a severe bout of sea sickness?” She asks him lightly tapping her foot. “Did you think the garbage pail magically emptied itself?” Reaching up she takes Aeseir by the ear, pulling his head down to her level. “Next time don’t try and hide things from your Mother Aeseir.” She releases Aeseir and turns her attention to Jaseiah.

Jaseiah was in the middle of mouthing Mother knows best. at Aeseir when said mothers attention is suddenly focused on her. “As for you, when we find a place to stay you will unpack all of the bags. You will put everything into its proper place, while your brother, and I, take a look around the Island. “Mom!” Jaseiah whines, “I want to come with Aeseir, and you, why can’t I take care of everything later.” She asks Ahcirej while pouting, she so wanted to go looking around with her mother, and brother. Ahcirej shakes her head, “Perhaps next time you will not wait until the last minute and just throw things together.” Ahcirej tells her daughter, who sticks out her tongue when she thinks she cannot see her. Turning back to Jaseiah, Ahcirej levels a steel gaze at her. “Today we will simply be looking around and getting the feel of the race, and this island. Tomorrow is when the true work begins, and I expect you both to be prepared for it.” She states firmly, looking between her and her brother.

Her two children, it still upsets her at times when she realizes that the past is lost. Jaseiah seeing the look on her mothers face, leans in and gives her a quick hug, before the creature called a goblin returned. “It’s okay mom, we’ll make a whole lifetime of new memories together.”

1 Like

Izzabelle didn’t care what any of them said, she was not a demon spawn. They were lying, they didn’t know her at all. Why were they accusing her of such a horrific thing, why was he? “I am not a demon spawn, I never have been, and I never will be a demon spawn.” As Izzabelle says this the flames wreathing her body flare up momentarily. Then as quickly as they flare up they vanish, her body reverting back to her gaunt, nearly starved Elven form. She stands her back to the stone wall, shaking from fear, and exhaustion. Other then the Elf standing before her, she didn’t trust the others. She doesn’t want to be here, she doesn’t want them near her. She wants to run from this place, from these horrific beings that judged, and persecuted her. Yet she want to be closer to the Elf standing before her, the same one trying to tell her she’s a demon spawn. She is drawn to him, she feels she can trust him, but she only wants to be near him. She wants the others to go away, all of them need to just go away.

Izzabelle’s Head snaps up with an audible crack, as she give Sericon an incredulous look. Mean something? Mean something? I don’t want to mean anything to those sanctimonious, judgemental, wretches. Izzabelle’s mind screams “What won’t happen here Sericon?” Izzabelle asks her voice so soft she can barely be heard. “As for meaning something, I don’t want to mean anything to them. I don’t want to be here Sericon, I don’t want any of them near my, especially that horrific jerk from earlier.” Izzabelle states, while trying to vanish into the rock wall pressing at her back. “I mean nothing to them Sericon, Nothing!!! So as far as I’m concerned they mean nothing to me.” Izzabelle gasps out while trying to breathe. Everything was catching up to her, she needed to rest, really rest, but they would kill her. She couldn’t shut her eyes, she couldn’t move away from the wall, they were waiting for her to do that. How many of them could Sericon save her from?

Izzabelle cannot help it, with the horrific state her mind is in, combined with the emotional, physical, and magical exhaustion, she screams. When Sericon’s hand touches her shoulder, she jumps backwards, and cries out in terror. She stares at Sericon, her eyes wild, her body shaking like a leaf in a storm. She know she’s not in danger from him, but she’s in danger from them. She doesn’t care what he says, she’s in danger here. “Wrong? Everything about me is wrong?” Izzabelle says her voice trembling as much as her body is. “Killed?” She starts laughing as tears slip down her face. “Funny how they were all perfectly fine with my being killed a few minutes ago.” Izzabelle doesn’t even possess the strength to lift her hands to wipe the wetness from her face.

“Safe! I’m not safe here Sericon. How long can you protect me before they kill you?” Izzabelle questions her mind and body on the verge of collapsing. Her stomach was in knots, she felt she was going to lose all the delicious cakes she had just eaten. “Matter, I don’t want to matter to them, I want to be away from them Sericon. I need to be away from them, all of them… ***Please Sericon!***” is cries out the last part in desperation “I cannot be around people who were okay with me being killed. I don’t care if they accept me now, they should of accepted me from the start. So please take me away from them Sericon. I don’t want anyone but you near me, maybe later, I don’t know. However for now I hate them all, everyone of them. You are the only one I trust, the only one who didn’t want me killed. I’m so tired, I need to rest, I need to trust that you will not let anyone, anything near me.” Izzabelle states, practically begging, her body, and mind, we’re reaching their limits.

As Sericon hugs her, Izzabelle falls away from the wall, nearly collapsing into his arms. At the same time Sericon finds he is no longer in the cavernous rooms of the underground lair.

Sericon finds himself standing on the outskirts of a small village, the body he is occupying is short, and young, extremely young. In it’s hands is a green ball, a few yard away there’s a group of kids playing in the open field. It doesn’t take him long to realize that the ball belongs to them. He finds himself moving towards the other kids holding the ball. “Hello, I’m Izzabelle, you wanna play wid me.” The voice coming out of him is childish, feminine, and filled with hope. Sericon now realizes that he’s viewing a memory of Izzabelle As the kids turn to look at him, Sericon can see the hate, disgust, and fear in their eyes. “Stay away from us you monster.” “Get the hell away from us you demon spawn.” “Demon spawn, Demon spawn, the village will be better when you are gone.” He drops the ball and starts backing away, clearly afraid. As he moves back, one of the kids picks up a rock, and throws it at him. It strikes his shoulder, making him cry out in pain. Soon the other kids are picking up rocks and throwing them at her. Sobbing in pain and fear he turns to run, as he flees a rock hits the back of his head knocking him to the ground. The kids run up and start kicking him, he curls up in a ball trying to protect his stomach. “Demon spawn. Demon spawn, just die already”. There’s a sharp pain, then darkness.

He’s on a soft bed, an Elven woman with long fiery red hair, is sitting at his bed side. Her eyes are filled with tears, he can tell she’s been crying for a while. When she sees he’s awake, she reaches down and hugs him close. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” She repeats as she holds him close, rocking him. “Momma? Am I a demon spawn?” Sericon feels the woman tense up before holding him even tighter. “No Izzabelle you are not a Demon spawn, never let anyone tell you that you are.” She lays him back against the bed, and places a hand on his face. “You are a very special little girl Izzabelle, one day someone will see that, but you are not a Demon spawn…”

Back in the cavernous rooms of the cults Mediterranean lair Izzabelle lays against Sericon. “I’m not a Demon spawn.”

2 Likes

Verricc shrugged everyone else seemed quite content to be ship bound during the captain’s return. It was fine by him, every crew had their purpose, he didn’t feel any negative way for those who stayed aboard rather than making way to shore. Verricc grabbed a few oars with a grin his boat now filled to the brim with hyena ready to get a bite of action! Rowing with all his might the man made impeccable time getting the boat back to shore. Leaping from the boat and pulling a rope to anchor the row boat to shore, Verricc pointed at the many rock crevices and shrubs directing the pack to hiding places for the great ambush, once the pack seemed settled away Verricc leaned against the row boats idly playing with his harpoon…

Verricc watched his captain with a slight amount of admiration, the cunning man somehow managed to lead a whole armory of guards down into the Faldir’s cove completely unawares of the danger they were wandering into! Verricc waited until the oppurtune moment the signal from the captain that meant it was time to act! As Captain Corttez lowered his hand cannon at the men, Verricc couldn’t help but smile readying his pike. The hyena that his before now emerged from the brush and rocky crevasses around the cove completely surrounding the doom guards, heckling laughter and loud trilling filled the air as the pack closed in ready for a fresh meal!

This was the que! Verricc pulled his arm back stabbing forward with his pike into the lower shoulder of a guard that lunged towards him, foolish the armored man was, a simple sword had not the reach a boarding pike had! Verricc couldn’t help laugh as he heard a resounding boom nearby from the captain’s hand cannon! A pair of hyena lunged past Verricc sinking their hangs into the guards arms and bringing the armored man down! Verricc couldn’t help but laugh stepping onto the downed armored guard and forcing his pike deeper through the writhing man!

Verricc looked up as a portal thrummed to life it seemed Miya had begun to secure their loot and additional cargo, Verricc gave a mighty laugh at the looks of confusion as the guards found even the women they sought to protect had turned on them! Verricc glanced down at his pike, the hyenas had already began feasting on the fallen man ripping his limbs from his sockets! Tendons and gore were dragged across the sand as multiple hyena seized what little meat they could! The screams filled the air as the man was torn open his intestines like a rope in a tug of war between the red furred beasts! A flare rained up above behind Verricc, causing the man to turn and see what had happened, a cursed guardsmen still holding on to a false sense of devotion sent the flare to the sky. Verricc growled now the Stormgarde would be alerted to the deception that had unfolded, watching the man become dismantled by arcane missiles, Verricc swore he would’ve done the man in if Miya wasn’t as fast! Verricc shrugged it was time to get out of town, lunging forward the man jabbed at a guard who dodged his boarding pike, poor fool never realized that the missed jab was intentional, swinging the back of the pike up hard Verricc slammer the helmet and skull of the guard into the metal pike shaft. The man fell backwards dazed, it was Verricc’s moment to leave, grabbing the guards chest plate he tossed him on a nearby rowboat and took to the sea. Several hyena jumped aboard as well… Sure Miya had brought more guards in bulk to the boat but Verricc needed to get the boats ashore! As Verricc took to the sea the other boat was pulled behind him filled with red furred hyena and gore covered bone chunks, the hyena had gathered quite a bit as well!

1 Like

Sericon took a step back in surprise, he reaffirmed his stance forward… This was more complicated than he thought, Izzabelle wasn’t like most things the cult met, righteousness incarnate warriors and priests who wished to purge them or calculating and malicious individuals who usually wished to betray them… The malicious individuals usually being the reason the cult was both distrustful and unfeeling of new members… Sericon couldn’t help but have trouble with the communication with the frightened women, to Sericon demons were not the monsters that the Azeroth races made them out to be… The universe was filled with those with a burning passion to remove a malignant nightmare that had rooted itself in reality. They were literally a army saving the universe from a eternity of agony and torture! The planet they all resided on didn’t know the true battles that raged across the universe so foolishly they fought against those who would halt the vile corruption. So to Sericon what Izzabelle was had nothing to do with something that needed to be removed, to Sericon she literally was like being part divine. Sericon looked at Izzabelle’s gaunt form, time had not been kind to this one, so young yet already so hurt by a cruel world…

Sericon knew what he meant, she wouldn’t be some creature for them to cure, something to be broken and made a slave.

Sericon looked down, his hair covering his face in several places… He knew Izzabelle was filled with fear, overcome with the despair of what she had just felt… Sericon knew Izzabelle had only seen the cruelest sides of Varicar, the outer shell of a elf that scorned all strange things he did not know… His hardened way of interactions with those outside the cult made him little friends, and yet without the cunning elf they would all be dead already… Sericon and Varicar had disagreements yes, but hatred had not been a thing between the two yet…

Sericon glanced at those few hooded beings against the walls of the caverns, had Izzabelle taken their silence as complacency to her suffering? Looking at Izzabelle in the eyes Sericon spoke with renewed vigor. “They are nothing, those are merely acolytes… They are not meant to judge or scorn you, they are the lowest things besides that troggs in these caves…” Sericon spoke, he meant it too, despite the cults cause there were always those who joined for their own purposes… Weakminded and frail humans who followed such dark beliefs if only they could get a taste of their own power… Many times such insignificant creatures begged for the powers fel could bring them yet hardly understood what it would take in return… To Sericon most were but leeches until they rise above such cowardly bonds and proved themselves otherwise.

Sericon watched as Izzabelle slipped from his reach, it was not his intent to make her scream. “Nothing about you is wrong!” Sericon stated he meant it too, the women had been judged by that other world of men and mortal races that forced others to their world view no matter how flawed it was.

Sericon glanced behind him, “As if I would allow them, or him…” Sericon stated trying to calm the women down, “That elf isn’t the only one with authority here…” Sericon stated with a firm tone… “His techniques to encourage cooperation only succeed in inciting panic and fear…” Sericon growled in a low tone, thinking of the stubborn gatekeeper.

Sericon heard the women’s words, she did not know how lucky she was, the cult would never be capable of ending Sericon’s life save for if he had told the Kirin Tor the bases location himself… Sericon was the senior most sorcerer in the cult, the only one with the skills, knowledge and power to seek out the creature they all wished to locate… “You are safe.” Sericon stated he was sure of it… The bond in Sericon had slowly been growing his mind torn, did he trust this pull towards this women he barely knew?

Sericon didn’t know what to say, the whole cult hardly wanted the women dead, but he conceded neither did they all put faith in a women just met… Saved from the gallows, Izzabelle seemed against the very people who had endured she still lived… Sericon nodded though he indeed wished for her to live, not just for the connection to the creature they so desired but also for this bond… Izzabelle’s wish to be with only Sericon though did make him feel more at ease, she felt this bond as well…

Sericon watched as Izzabelle felt the scorn and hatred of the young children, his earlier fears of aversion to the word demon spawn were correct… The hideous ignorance of the children no doubt puppeteers by their parents sickened the sorcerer and filled him with a latent rage… These creatures had no idea what they did, the true superiority that Izzabelle truly was…

Sericon saw and felt the confliction in the embrace, the mother held a dark secret as well… Whatever had happened to make Izzabelle’s bond to the great being they sought it was known by the mother… Sericon had much to think about, demons were not always kind in the way they acted and worked, Sericon wondered if perhaps something truly sinister had happened…

Sericon felt himself return back to his senses as Izzabelle released her last words… Glaring at the group still awaiting commands behind him he spoke… “Begone, I am in no need of your services… Crawl back to the dark resting places you came from, but ensure to remove yourself from my sight!” Sericon barked a rigid command in a scalding tone… The warlock lifted Izzabelle’s form moving from the room to his own personal chambers, a smaller more refined room carved from the cave stone… Hundreds of tomes were arranged on three carved onyx bookcases, just a testimony to the study’s that Sericon had done… Sericon moved across the room placing Izzabelle on a black silk covered bed that served as Sericon’s resting place after hard research… Sericon turned away from the bed and the unconscious women, he brought her into this dark underworld of insidious magic… That now meant she was his responsibility… Sericon moved over to a desk made from the fossil of some beast probably long dead from this earth, before beginning to write information about everything he had just discovered…

3 Likes

There’s a sharp intake of breath, followed by a grunt of pain. As Amberlei, punches out with her pole-arm catching the initiate in training in the gut. As the man doubles over, she swings the weapon in an upward arc, striking the man beneath the chin. There’s a horrible crunch as the butt of the weapon connects, as his lower jaw completely disconnects from the upper. He lets out the garbled howl of agony, as his jaw twists awkwardly in the wrong direction. Dropping to the floor, she spins the weapon around, sweeping his legs out from under him. Jumping to her feet she swings down. Just before the sharpened edge of her massive weapon connects with his face, he brings up his one of his blades parrying the blow. Knocking the weapon away he rolls to knees. Pulling a bull whip from his side he strikes out at Amberlei. A loud crack booms in the air, as the leather snaps out and wraps around one of her legs. Jerking the whip back, he pulls her leg out from under her. Landing on her back with a solid oomph, he jumps up and swings his blade down. She blocks the blow with the bladed end of her weapon and sends his sword skittering across the room. Catching him in the throat with the shaft of her pole arm, he falls back, clutching his neck and gasping for breath.

Untangling her foot, Amberlei stands and nods at the choking man. “Go, see the new healer in trading about getting patched up.” Amberlei orders, the man doesn’t need to be told twice, he lumps out of the room, still wearing for breath. She looks around at the others who are training still. She moves around the room, correcting their positioning, giving critiques on how to better defend, how to look for openings, so they can switch to the offensive. As she is watching them, one of the cults guards runs into the room. “The Watcher, and the High Magus have returned, they have brought someone with them.” She states standing at full attention, Amberlei tilts her head in acknowledgment then send her back to her post. As the guard leaves, Amberlei wonders what this might mean. Perhaps she should of asked more questions. Were they male, female, what race, were they an initiate, or an acolyte?

Female, definitively female from the sound of the voice, and obviously not happy about being here. Amberlei found that odd, the Cult was extremely secretive, she couldn’t imagine they would bring someone in unwillingly. Pacing the floor, for a few moment she decides to have one of the more advanced trainees take over. She needed to speak with Watcher Varicar, about how the newer guards did, on this excursion. She took pride in her abilities to train, but sometimes they did work out. A few would try and run, when the realized that this life wasn’t for them. You only left this Cult one way, and it was permanent. Amberlei cannot help but grin, the Cult had some pretty gruesome ways of getting rid of those that desired to leave the folds. Her personal favorite was having their tongue ripped from their mouth, followed by having their eyes plucked out. Their ears, and nose were carved from their head, then their hands were cut off. An steel coffin is hung over a fire and heated, the trailer is then placed into the coffin. The lid is locked in place, the bellows usually lasted a few hours as the person was cooked. The remains were dropped down a chute to the troggs that occupied the lower levels.

Amberlei is walking down one of the winding passages cut into the stone, when she spots Watcher Varicar. He seems a bit angry, but also deep in thought, has something happened? Not sure if she should be asking about how the new guards did, she turns, and heads towards the room where the scream just came from. Pausing she turns back towards Varicar and approaches him. “Bal’a dash, Ban’dinoriel, You seem a bit troubled, and there’s a woman screaming in another part of the lair?” Amberlei states as she comes up beside him. “Dammit, didn’t we vote you off the Welcome New Members Committee.” She says with a slight grin. “So who did you terrorize this time Watcher? Also the newest recruits sent to guard, how did they fare on their first mission outside of headquarters?” Amber asks

2 Likes

Marrc brushed his rough hands over the helm of the ship feeling every inch of the great vessel… The wooden grain of the great ship called to him, telling him the condition of the ship, this is why the great man was the ship’s carpenter… The Kultiran people had a group of people more intuned with the wilds, speaker to the trees, a kind more one with nature… Nature was a fickle thing however, in the same way the trees were of a more tranquil nature, the beasts were not… Marrc had been trained in such magics before turning to the sea for freedom… Captain Corttez had easily seen the value in the massive mostly silent man who could reshape wooden grain to its greatest form… Marrc paused, he smelled them… A side effect from the form he took on most, that of a great bone and thorn bear…

Casting his gaze landward the large man saw the captain, Miya and the foolish guards descend the cliffs into Faldir’s cove… Now the crew just needed to steady their nerves, the ship awaiting eagerly as the booty and cargo got closer and closer… That was when the trap sprung! The fighting became wild in a instant as red furred beasts charged unsuspecting guardsmen and trapped fools fell onto the deck through a recently opened portal. Marrc charged forward he would restate on himself on the helm after they regained control, leaping down to the main deck Marrc had transformed into his massive ursine form! As the cart crashed through the portal as well as several guards courtesy of Miya, Marrc was there towering over them loosing a great furious roar! The crew and Marrc had the booty and guards surrounded, but still one foolish guard lifted his blade in defiance! With a great swing of his bone and bark arm Marrc relieved him of his sword and hand before slamming his weight onto the deck causing the guards to stumble! “Drop ye blades and gear or ye will sink with it!” A pirate called out behind Marrc, Another taunted, “Ye get into the brig or ye get to meet the hyena!” Called another. Slowly the pirates made subtle shifts in their positions leaving a path only to the brig below! Marrc roared sending the defeated men backing towards cargo hatch before several simply plummeted over backwards! Awaiting below were several more crew who roughly grabbed the men before trusting them into the many iron cages below, “Enjoy ye stay shark bait!” A pirate member laughed as he shoved another man into the iron containers.

In the sky a flare soared sent from one bold and now quite dead guard… Marrc growled this complicated things, the great bear pushed his way through the deck until he was back at the helm, casting his gaze towards land he saw Verricc bringing a part of the pack and the boats back to the vessel, “Bring those row boats up!” Marcc roared transforming back into the shape of a man… In the distance the consequences of the flare could be seen, guards stood at the top of the cliffs of Faldir’s cove before with a great charge began to descend into the great fight!

Marrc knew this was the moment, the several crew still manning the many cannons opened fired at the cliff side! Blast after blast, the explosion of primitive cannons rocked the decks as stone cast cannon balls impacted into the cliff side! The guards who so foolishly sought to punish the pirates now were met with a weapon not seen by most of the humans of the mainland! Rocks exploded as a second round of cannon fire filled the air with black thick smoke, utterly devastating the cliff side! Marcc let out a mighty guffaw of victory as the cannons fired a third time reducing the entire cliffside to rubble. Taking the wheel Marrc spun it wildly until the boat was now headed straight out to sea, the sails unfurled with a great billow of wind and the Crimson Quell launched seaward!

2 Likes

Corttez gave a hearty laugh as he ended the foolish guards life with a resounding blast from his hand cannon the thick black smoke billowing around the red bearded captain smelled of sulfur and fire filling him with vigor! The hyena were now in a full frenzy lunging at foolish men who pulled forth steely blades to fight back, they were hopelessly outnumber now! Corttez stomped forward slamming a guard from the side who had readied his blade for three hyena inftont of him, Corttez quickly capitalized knocking the man to the floor and steeping on the steely blade! With a short whistle the hyena seized the man’s legs and other arm ripping the body apart with heckling laughter.

Corttez turned towards the other guards watching Verricc impale a man with his polearm, Miya magically detonate the bone marrow of the poor fool that touched her and finally see two unfortunate guards fall dead in seconds as Valenae fired her gun. His crew was like a well oiled machine killing those unfortunate fools who resisted and quickly subduing those who surrender. Miya opened a great portal sending the cart crashing through with several guards onto the deck of the Crimson Quell, Corttez added his own skill to helping send as many guards as he could through the portal. With quick commands and swinging a grappling hook from his left hand Corttez intimidated the guards with steel and teeth… “Ye lives were forfeit the moment your greed overcame your wit!” Corttez barked leveling his gun at a cowardly guard before kicking him through the portal to Marrc and the awaiting crew.

Corttez’s grin fell away as a flare shot into the sky, it was now time to get ready for departure! Holding his gun Corttez slammed a cloth filled with powder before sending a massive iron ball into the barrel, the giant of a man turned with great speed before leveling it at a nearby guard and pulling the trigger! The wick alight on the side moved forward to the flash pan and ignited the whole weapon, a resounding boom shook the area around Corttez as the cannon shot off! The guard in its path nothing more than a bloodied mist as organs and limbs rained down around Corttez! On the cliffside guards appeared ready to charge into the cove, as they moved forward towards combat the Crimson Quell open fired explosion after explosion echoing out of the cove as detonated in crashing mountainsides the cliff face crumbled under the cannon fire! Corttez couldn’t help but laugh as the Stormgarde who came to their allies aid were now obliterated by cannon fire!

Corttez watched as guards filed up beyond the cliffside now awaiting their turn to charge to Stormgarde’s defense. Corttez merely turned to Miya, “Time to depart port my dear…” he grinned as he watched the Crimson Quell turn towards the sea, giving Miya one last nod he leapt through the still open portal… Corttez landed with a hard thump onto the great vessel laughing at the blood stains that now covered the deck…

Quickly making his way to the back of the ship the great man crammed a cloth filled with powder into his cannon before following the cloth with several grape sized metal balls! Corttez pulled the trigger causing the reaction of the wick to hit the flash pan! The few guards who had crawled through the rubble were met with a round of grape shot spraying blood all over the boulders! “Great job me hearties! Now we head to freehold!” Corttez roared pointing ahead with a smile, he however knew they would need to make ready for the Stormgarde retaliation.

2 Likes

Valenae packed in the explosive powder then the iron ball into the cannon before her. Her own gun was leaning against the ship, easily accessible at a moments notice. Using her eagle vision she watches as The Captain, and Quarter Master lead a bunch of fools down the cliff into a trap. Valenae snickers as she sees the look of disgust on the Quarter Masters face. It was directed at this one particular heavy guard, who couldn’t keep his fat grimy hand off of her. Miss Miya, the women of a thousand faces, had obviously played those guards like lute. Valenae scans the area, she can see where the red furred devils are hiding among the bushes, and crags, that line the rocky coastline. The procession makes it was to where Verricc awaits with the boats… when the trap is sprung.

Valenae sighed as the one bold fellow attacks causing others to follow his lead. The poor idiotic man didn’t stand a change. What halfwit brings a sword to a gun fight, especially when going against the Captains hand cannon. Well from Valenae’s perspective it looked like a one sides massacre…

As soon as she sees the signal her gun is in her hand. With the first guard in sight, she lines up her weapon and squeezes the trigger. The expression on the mans face doesn’t even register surprise as the hole appears in his cranium, blowing his brains out of the back of his skull. The second barely has time to react, when he finds his heart and Lund exiting his back, the same way his friends brain departed his head. It seemed The Quarter Master wanted to deal with that particular handsy guard herself. A few minutes mints later she sends him the cart of gold along with about half a dozen guards, barreling through her portal onto the deck of the ship. There Marcc awaited them with a pack of The Captains Hyenas, and a large gathering of the crew.

Valenae watched as the man was ripped to pieces by Miya’s magic, yet the signal had been seen. She aims the cannon as Stromgarde soldiers rush to get down the cliffs. It sound like a storm as the cannons fire, striking the cliff side with massive boom, that sound like thunder. She laughs wildly as the rocky cliff side explodes, the path crumbling out from beneath their feet. The look of horror on their faces as they are sent plummeting to their deaths on the sharp rocks below. Some of the men manage to grab hold of their comrades, and are trying to pull them to safety, when the cannons fire again. Sending them, along with those they helped to save to the deaths. Well death to those that weren’t shredded by the rocks exploding around them.

As Marcc gets the Crimson Quell turned, Nihsa readies her magic to help the vessel more swiftly move beyond the reach of the retaliation of Stromgarde. The crew quickly gets the row boats out of the water. The Captain send more prisoners through Miya’s portal before both he, and her, land on the deck of the ship. The Quarter Master quickly moves to the front of the Vessel, chanting in her native tongue. A slight shimmer moves across the entirety of the Crimson Quell, as she shields the Vessel with her magic. Valenae loads the cannon before her again, along with her personal weapon. One could never be sure there wasn’t military vessels n the harbor, ready to give chase.

Ah Freehold, the pirates paradise, where they could spend their gold, and unload their recently acquire cargo. Valenae however remained attentive and at her post, until the cleared Faldirs Cove. The moment you thought yourself beyond needing to cover your back. Was the moment a bullet, or blade found its way into it.

2 Likes

Nihsa let out a hearty laugh as Miya sent the cart and a handful of guards through her portal, crashing onto the deck of the Crimson Quell. She watches as the ships lead carpenter takes on his massive Ursine form. Bounding from the upper deck he lands amid the startled guards. Nihsa drops an earth grab totem among the startled guards, to prevent them from trying to get away. Although it seemed Marcc, the crew and the Captains Hyenas had them well under control.

Nihsa dismisses her totem so the fools can move, their speed greatly inhibited my The after effect of her shamanic magic. Sadly one fool thought he could sole a massive Ursine, a crew of pirates, and a pack of hyena. He was swiftly relieved of his weapon and his hand. Nihsa was in the midst of watching the Guards get shuffled into the brig, when she catches sight of the flare. Turning she shouts out. “Get those sails open, pull up the anchor, we need to be ready to sail as soon as the Captain, Quarter Master, Verricc, and the hyena arrive.

The ship rocked, as the cannons let loose there first barrage on the cliff side and unsuspecting guards descending to stop the nasty pirates. The second blast sent a massive portion of the cliff side crashing down into the rocks, and crashing waves below. She could hear the screams of the doomed men as the plummeted to their deaths. Those unlucky enough to survive, would have their bodies torn apart as the waves sent the crashing against the sharp unforgiving rocks. Marcc leaps back up, changing back to his human form, grabbing the Vessels wheel he spins it, turning the Crimson Quell. Nihsa starts chanting in her native language once more Dropping a series of totems just as The Captain, and Miya appear through Miya’s Portal.

Nihsa laughs and lets out a whistle, that has the crew grabbing at the rigging, and whatever the could to steady themselves. Just then an unnatural wid fills the sails send the Crimson Quell launching through the water at great speeds. Those unlucky enough not to have secured themselves, cursed as they went tumbling across the deck, as the Vessel lurches forward. “Aye Marcc, looks like de loa of wind be wid us, now ye need be steering us outta here.” Nihsa says with another laugh.

2 Likes