Tell me your favorite class and why :)

I want to roll an alt, but I’m just not decided on what class yet. So, for fun and for information, tell me which class is your favorite and why, either for IC reasons or for OOC gameplay style ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Druid is hella fun. I have like 3… and I’ve still never tried Guardian.

I feel versatile. I love being able to shapeshift. I love the lore.

4 Likes

I’ve always liked paladins since Warcraft 2 just because of the Knight/Paladin voice acting. Especially when they get the cool glowing eyes from under their horned helmet when you upgrade them and that CERTAINLY isn’t why I use a similarly styled helmet that gives me golden eyes. Plus their weapons were awesome, the long warhammers.

Then Warcraft 3 paladins were a’ight in terms of aesthetic and the like. Though I really appreciated them mechanically for that sweet, sweet support they provided.

In general, I like characters that Hit Things Really Hard And Get To Wear Heavy Armour. So Retribution paladin was satisfying back in the day, especially once I got to Seal of Command in the talent tree. Been my main spec and character since 2005.

3 Likes

Mage.

Extremely versatile in RP situations, a fun class to play in terms of gameplay, and lots of convenience through Teleports. Whether you want to RP as an apprentice, an Archmage, or even just an erudite who practices magic to support their studies, Mages make for quite the fun class. I’ve met some who RP as Scribes/Enchanters/Jewelcrafters, and incorporate that into their combat skills.

Runemasters unfurling scrolls with powerful incantations. Enchanters who have weapons fight for them, Jewelcrafters who RP their statuettes as alive and working for them, etc…

I’ve also seen some creative stuff. My favorite is RP’ing as a Mage-Chef! A spell that lets you analyze something cooked to learn how to conjure exactly that meal, transcribing the spell into an enchanted recipe book, and then literally conjuring feasts on the fly.

5 Likes

I want to make a mage but I feel like I’d miss out on the shapeshifting too much.

Heck, who am I kidding? I still have my Alliance priest I’ve been trying to get leveled. I can work on a mage :smiley:

2 Likes

I played Druid before and I admit, nothing is quite so satisfying as shapeshifting in midair. Self-Heals and Stealth were also major bonuses.

2 Likes

Rogue, definitely rogue. Lots of fun utility, great for farming, and one of the few classes right now with a fluid and fun rotation for me. (As far as Assassination and Outlaw are concerned, I don’t play Subtlety.)

1 Like

all of them :sob: i’m just indecisive, it’s really bad haha
for real though, i love my mage, probably most, i’m partial to clothies, got too many warlocks and priests, simply because i love the spell animations (holy :angel:) and transmogs

as Vexander said, portals are :+1:

…in case you couldn’t tell, if you let me loose on this question, i’d spin in circles for days until i’m mad
wait actually i already am…disregard this…

2 Likes

Right now? Shaman and Mage.

Lore is fun to mess with for both, and I like how they play, despite some bad decisions on Blizz’s end.

Though, Shaman feels more complete now. Mage is missing a lot of tools it used to have that made it stand out. Maybe I’ll gear the mage in 8.2.

2 Likes

Mage.

I appreciate the flexibility in developing character concepts and also the portals, because I’m lazy.

2 Likes

The class I love to play the most is probably Demon Hunter - I really do like the speed and style of the attacks, and it’s the class I was best at in Legion. But Death Knight is a close second, and I main my DK because she’s more fun to roleplay :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Warlocks-I enjoy the Lore the diversity of specs and spells. I have 3 warlocks of all specs. 2nd place as far a class is Mage and in 3rd place for me is Monks all specs.
I have tried playing Paladins just can’t get into the feel but to each their own.

1 Like

I had been priest/rogue exclusively up until Legion but I gave monk a try and haven’t looked back. I do miss stealth and having access to better looking mog sets yet monks are extremely fun. I have two which for me is a lot because I’m incredibly casual and barely have enough time to play one character.

1 Like

I’ve maxed every class at one point or another. I tend to favor rogues just because they’re efficient for leveling and I like stealth. The changes in the class have frustrated me more recently, even if the quality of life has improved.

Over time, as I started branching out to more and more classes, I began to realize that I just don’t think Rogue is a fun class for fighting with - I just think stealth is a really fun mechanic.

I’ve begun to favor hunter more recently. Specifically Survival Hunter.

Ranged hunter was a fine place to start with as a new player, but over time it started feeling boring to me. Survival in BfA, however, has changed that, and I pretty much dropped rogue in favor of Survival Hunter (though I still play Assassination sometimes).

I like that it’s a solid, self-reliant class that isn’t slow-moving or immobile (like so many other classes became, following the introduction of Demon Hunters). I also like that it can switch between ranged and melee, and that you can tame pets - and that WoW has such a huge variety to choose from. For survival specifically, it’s fun fighting side by side with said pet.

Also, while there isn’t a reliable form of stealth, I found Feign Death covered most of what I needed, and that fighting mobs felt like a lot less of a chore than it did on Rogue.

It also does well on AoE with a lot of built-in dots, which I enjoy. It plays somewhat like tank specs do (favoring AoEs over ST to a degree), except that it’s DPS.

2 Likes

Warrior. The true legends.

The pinnacle of physical strength and hardiness. The champions of mortal blood, chosen by fate to clash heads with the most powerful forces and denizens of Azeroth and beyond with nothing but their own hard work and dedication to harnessing the might that a mortal body can contain.

Arms, a master of weaponry and tactics, with a toolkit centered around exploiting an enemy’s weakness. Overpower those who evade your strikes with overwhelming and unavoidable force. Cut a swath of destruction upon the fields of glory with an unstoppable storm of steel and might. Anticipate your foes vengeance against you and nullify their blows with a well timed increase in combat proficiency, deflecting their blows and dampening their magic. Then, when the time is right, strike them with all your might and finish them while their bodies are frail from your strength.

Fury, the bloodthirsty berserker. A fearful juggernaut of prime muscle that wields heavy steel as though it were light as air. Charge into battle and let the thrill of combat fill you with rage, unleashing brutal rampages and heightening your strength and speed to unheard of heights. Foes stand as paper tigers before you, cut and smashed by your reckless and brutal onslaught, and those too close to the unfortunate souls that you massacre may quickly find themselves bleeding out before they know it.

Protection, the bastion of steel. Damage is petty, shaken off by these champions of hardened steel. Though you have traded damage for unparalleled stamina against hordes of foes, a protection warrior is lethal with his shield and can wear the unworthy down. They can aid their allies, and none are better to carry a banner than they. Foes fear the protection warrior, for with them alive and standing, through shockwaves and claps of thunder, they are more than enough to hold the enemy’s attention and lead your allies to victory.

But in all seriousness, Warrior has been my favorite class for a number of years, closely followed by mage. I have always been fond of the warrior/soldier/berserker archetypes, and find that heroes depicted in stories just aren’t complete without a weapon and a quest. None to me in WoW are better to meet this criteria than the classic warrior.

4 Likes

Rogue is still my favorite. I originally liked the concept of a tricky character who required a unique mindset for fighting, but I think I really am just lazy and don’t like fighting mobs.

5 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of either pure healers/support or melee classes that weave in a little magic for damage/healing/utility.

Shaman was my favorite for a while. I loved the variety of shocks and totems, the shields, and all the cool utility magic they could get like transforming for more speed, water-walking, self-rezzing, and the extra hearthstone. I didn’t have many complaints off-healing or going Restoration when needed.

I haven’t enjoyed the changes to Enhancement Shaman that have left the class feeling less survivable and more like a glass canon for me. I moved on to other classes, but I’ll never forget my Vanilla/BC era Shaman.

These days, my favorite is definitely Paladin, which I’ve dabbled with before via alts, but only started maining after the release of Zandalari allied race.

2 Likes

Hunter, if it wasn’t blatantly obvious. The concept of being able to find a thematically-appropriate pet for each race is such a temptation for me. I already have another 120 Night Elf hunter, and I’m still fighting the urge to make a Frostwolf Mag’har Orc, a dino-wrangling Zandalari, and a Goblin with those unique tamable robots…

in a way, Blizzard lifting the per-server character cap is the worst thing to ever happen to me in WoW, because now I have no excuse not to do all of them, save for wanting to have an actual life.

4 Likes

Surv Hunter. The movement and damage I do is just so great. I also love playing melee classes and playing classes with pets. Surv hunter is a win, win, win for me.
BM hunter okay to with animal companion. Even though it’s not a great talent.

1 Like

aesthetic and class fantasy wise it will always be hunters. but ever since the start of bfa warriors have been my favorite class gameplay wise

1 Like