Tell me how you feel about Blizzard customer service

Please keep this discussion civilized and thank you!

Personal opinion of course… Blizzard customer service is Just as bad as it was 15 years ago. When I want to define poor customer service, I always state Blizzard as an example in my discussions. Have you ever had a “WOW experience” with a Blizzard GM/supervisor? I’m curious, personally, I did not.

• Still a maze of categories to submit tickets
  • Still long delay between replies (Often over 24 hours), very inefficient and frustrating
  • Still automated answers, not a very personalized approach
  • Still unhelpful GM
  • Still unhelpful supervisors
  • Still hiding behind TOS/policies/procedures

Please keep this discussion civilized and thank you!

I’m sorry that we could not grant your request, Myomo, or that you feel that our support is poor. You are welcome to fill out a survey when your ticket is closed as that is the best place to provide feedback.

I’ll cover some of your highlights though.

The system is designed to guide you through the process to select the category best suited for your situation. You start with broader subjects like game, then narrow it down by selecting if it is about your account, payments (as in shop/purchases), technical issues, or in-game issues. From there we try to narrow it down further, provide self help options if they are available, troubleshooting advice if applicable, or the ability to submit a ticket, assuming it is a subject that we can help with.

We are always working to improve the system though and you can provide constructive feedback here.

That isn’t entirely accurate. Response times are currently around 24+ hours, due to a number of factors, from the launch of Classic to the recent DDOS attacks and the issues those have been causing. On average, when there isn’t a major issue causing an influx of contacts, response times are usually around an hour or less. I remember long stretches of time where response times were around 5 minutes, but again, it depends on what is happening. Since we don’t outsource our support we cannot expand and contract our staff as needed.

You complain about wait times and yet want more personalized responses? I’m sorry, our staff is simply unable to provide unique responses for each contact and NO responses are automated. We usually receive the same or similar contacts and for that reason our staff uses template responses that help cover the answers as best as we can. We may update the response in situations where it applies.

It depends on what you are asking for. If it something that a Game Master is unable to assist with, it usually is something that a supervisor is unable to assist with either. Such as refunds due to an interruption in service caused by a DDOS, or maybe warning someone when they’ve threatened to continually submit tickets until they get what they want.

Yes, hiding behind policies that govern how our development and management teams have decided we are to address specific kinds of requests. Or the EULA, where I believe you may be referring to this section:

Blizzard shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Blizzard, such as natural disasters, unforeseen intrusions into our cyberspace, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, acts of God, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.

That accounts for situations in which game play may be interrupted due to situations like a DDOS.

I am sorry for the frustration this situations has caused you, Myomo, I am. I wish you well.

15 Likes