Teleport:Darnassus going away in BfA?

title
Idk, it'd be kind of cool if you could port to a flaming city and watch nelfs burn :D

Of course if it does go away you'd have to eliminate one of the Horde mage ports so Alliance don't scream "ZOMG more Horde bias!!!
Odds are it will just be changed to wherever the Night Elves end up settling after Teldrassil burns down.

Alliance mages may end up getting Teleport: Gilneas. *crosses fingers*
1 Like
Horde will probably lose undercity
There's a new Dalaran and an old Dalaran and we have teleports to both.

Doesn't seem like the Blizz dev team will rewrite a massive chunk of the Night Elf low level quests to remove Darnassus and the surrounding area when they can just make a "new" Darnassus that we phase into if we are the appropriate level. Which they did for Draenor and the Dark Portal.
06/20/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Tinkerizmo
There's a new Dalaran and an old Dalaran and we have teleports to both.

Doesn't seem like the Blizz dev team will rewrite a massive chunk of the Night Elf low level quests to remove Darnassus and the surrounding area when they can just make a "new" Darnassus that we phase into if we are the appropriate level. Which they did for Draenor and the Dark Portal.

With regards to the Dalaran teleports/portals, you can't really compare that scenario with what will happen to Darnassus and the Undercity considering that both versions of Dalaran are intact.

You are most likely correct that the Night Elf starting experience will most likely stay intact due to phasing. That still does not address the fact that Alliance mages level 110 or higher will still have to deal with the fact that one of teleports currently has a destination in the middle of a raging inferno.

06/19/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Oshiì
Horde will probably lose undercity

I've run the Battle of Lorderan on the beta and I noticed something. The battle takes place on the surface and the Undercity proper is left untouched as far as I can tell. Mages who use the Undercity teleport/portal end up in the Mage Quarter which is underground. Unless Blizzard comes out and says that Alliance forces did end up going into the underground portion of the Undercity, it does not look like Horde mages will be losing that teleport/portal. I admit I have not played a mage on the Horde side on the beta so I can not confirm this. If there are any Horde mages that have been on the beta, have you guys noticed whether or not the Undercity teleport has been removed?
I can live without it, never go there anyways
If you have played the beta, why not try to teleport to Darnassus?

My guess is that you'll go to the same old Darnassus we've always seen. Or worse case there will be a npc to talk to that changes the phasing.
Its a nice place to go for a mage on the alliance. Not a crowded place and you can use your flying mount. Fly to the auction house vendor while still mounted and to the bank / guild bank all while on your flying mount. About the only reason I port there.
Theramore is a gaping hole and we still have a portal to that.

"Ancient Dalaran" is an even bigger gaping hole and we have a portal to that as well.

I admit I haven't checked on the beta but based on the above I would think Teleport: Darnassus will take us to the same coordinates it always has, whether the place is on fire or not. If I get bored later I'll log on to the beta and test it.
So I am currently logged into the Beta right now and I looked at my character's teleport list and the Darnassus teleport is still active. So I decided to use the spell and I teleported to a version of Darnassus that oddly lacking the blazing inferno I mentioned earlier.
hm wonder if the Gilnean will take back Gilneas..
There is a portal in beta on the old darn docks in sw, one that now takes you to KT. The portal drops you off on a hill near Lor'Danel. This is probably the new drop off location, if you don't turn back time with Zidormi in Darkshore.
I hope it works like Dalaran Crater.

Except it incinerates anyone who dares use it.
No it will not go away! Just check on the beta. If you teleport there it takes you to old darnassus and same goes for undercity. You can talk to the bronze dragonflight in the area to turn it to the war torn undercity or burning tree though after you teleport
Boy, Darnassus sure could use that Cataclysm tidal wave right about now. For years now I quietly (but bitterly) hated that the NE city became a ghost town under the shadow of IF and SW. I was still on training wheels when I first got my main there and there learned the complex interaction part of the game; well, it was complex 14 years ago.
Well, at this point we know that it doesn't take you to old Darnassus, it takes you to the Lor'danel beaches, in northwest Darkshore. I doubt it'll be removed at this point. It just has a new home, it probably should get renamed I guess. Portal: Darkshore or something. Makes more sense than going to the time-travel'y non-canon stuff.
06/21/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Midguard
I hope it works like Dalaran Crater.

Except it incinerates anyone who dares use it.
Oh hells yes! Port them to a burning Teldrassil, or a plagued Undercity and have them tick down to 0 hp... C'mon Blizzard, please make this happen. I'll sub for a year if you do.

As for the portals, perhaps they'll rename them like they did for the Dalaran ones ("Old Darnassus"). It would be a genuine shame to not be able to port to an older-phased version of the city, and I wonder what effect it might have on porting lower level characters you're grouped with.
After you do the burning Darnassus save 900 lives and fail quest, there is a npc on Darkshore. Talk to that npc and you phase back to the original Darkshore/Darnassus. Darnassus teleport current time puts you on Darkshore. Darnassus Teleport past phase goes to original Darnassus

Edit: works that way for all Darnassus portals.
if it looks like the island at darnassus is still intacked why did you make it so that it can still make you die? darnassus is supose to be a happy place and besides, what did the alieance do to the horde? and the alience even helped destroy the legen and verion sacrifieced himself to save the hord and the alieance in your last expantion! how could you do this to us!?