Teldrassil is inescapable

If they make it to MoP classic, I’ll play that just because it’s the only expansion I never played even a tiny bit of when it was current content.

I like it because it’s a change of pace.

1 Like

One could make the same remark of orcs, taurens, and trolls. Being a player race means that you lose your monster levels of power and mystique. You’re one of the boys and girls now.

3 Likes

That’s not the undercurrent.

The undercurrent is that it’s time to walk away from your claim to Special Victim Status, or Blizzard’s Favorite Targeted Player. Above all the latter, get rid of the persecution fixation focus. What happened to the Night Elves isnt’ an atack on you for choising to role a Night Elf character, it’s a story event. Every single race in this game has had bad story events happen to it.

13 Likes

Do you mean THIS game (WoW) or this UNIVERSE (Warcraft)?

Yes it is. You people are not slick.

Every single Night Elf development since the BfA pre-patch has dealt with Teldrassil in some way. I have no idea how you could possibly interpret that as “an unspoken implication that Night Elf fans should just forget about Teldrassil”

2 Likes

its cause it isnt what she wants so she cries abotu it lol

such arrogance

woah

what do you mean “you people”

1 Like

Personally, I would kill to have the amount of human development around, say, the fall of Lordaeron as Night Elves have gotten about the burning of Teldrassil.

I believe they meant ‘from the community’.

Hence why the paragraph right before talks about the community.

Oh okay.

In that case, who cares what the community thinks? The amount of dumb ideas from the community that pass through the official forums every single day is astronomical and there’s no point dwelling on them.

I mean, I often see complaints about interacting with the community here. Yet people still do it.

I thought you were complaining how Horde fans were acting just recently.

When people want constructive discussion on the places where it is intended for, it is understandably frustrating when you run into issues.

1 Like

tbh id love stormwind to be anything but just generic token npcs to show up

people complain about humans appearing all the time but its not like the story cares about them

its just a dude called engineer mcarmstrong and his job is to ride a turret and shouting. when was the last time we got any character moments that wasnt anduin lol

3 Likes

Six replies in what, ten minutes? Sheesh. I was expecting to respond quickly and move on to something else.

At any rate - you asked about the undercurrent, and I’m not talking about Blizzard, I’m talking about people here who would like to pretend that there isn’t an issue - and so rather than engaging with it, they go after whoever is discussing the problem. Making claims about my mental health, my personal life, or trying to convince me to leave aren’t much more than shouting “shut up” with extra steps.

Mostly this comes from Horde players, and it’s been like this since Cataclysm. Dealing with Night Elf issues requires that we deal with some pretty serious Horde ones - and as some other threads have demonstrated, they REALLY don’t want to do that.

1 Like

Teldrassil is inescapable because we get a thread about it at least once every day.

8 Likes

It does not have to mean anything. The players in canon are connected to the “Azeroth’s life force”, and because of that are the league of their own, alongside with a very few other characters.

Portrayal is the key. No other race in the game was used as a target of genocide at the hands of another faction (and IMO the fact that the term was used should have a lot more context and details than what we got). It was progressively moved away from what it was originally. It was a tool to kick and portrayed comically bad in the process (like the BfA pre-patch with their “we do not want to fight”. Like… NElves are like the orcs of the alliance. Do not want to fight, lol)

If that would mark a return of W3 night elves, I would even say “ok, it was an odd story choice with a lot of questionable baggage, but at least it addressed some of existing problems”. And that is not what we have.

I get that some might be ok with BfA events, or even like the story. But the complexity of it IMO requires bringing in the details, context, and interconnections, and not just look at events “in the vacuum”.

gl hf

2 Likes

People like you are the reason the Horde sucks. Because you can’t stand any actual grey characters Blizzard gave us boy scouts without persoanlity as new leaders for the races. Nobody asked for Gazlowe and Rokhan but because the “muh honor” idiots complained hard enough Blizzard gave in and turned the Horde into a laughing stock. The Horde is dead and it is the fault of Droite and other people who think just like her. You ruined the Horde.

Somewhat off topic for this, but…

You and Droite are both wrong about this, because you represent different communities within the Horde. People who think that literally everyone hated Teldrassil are deluding themselves because the Warcraft 2 crowd is alive and well. People who want to fight for total Horde dominance are ignoring that there’s a great proportion of those who don’t.

An MMO does that, and, provided that its gameplay doesn’t wreck other peoples’ fun, can accommodate both desires, but that also means that both of you need to give up your demand for absolute, maximal control over the identity of the faction.

3 Likes

A lot of people aren’t particularly invested in the story.
A certain amount of people just like seeing their faction win, while not thinking about anything but surface level faction identity. And it’s not like they wouldn’t be satisfied just seeing the Horde be cool, so having the Horde be responsible for a genocide wasn’t really necessary.

It is also worth noting the plot of BFA actually shames that “let’s murder the Alliance!” attitude. Saurfang’s story even talks about the shame of the Warcraft 1 and 2 Horde and how the villain Sylvanas represents that. The Horde story in BFA concludes with them coming together after most of them rejected Sylvanas, at least after she admitted she doesn’t actually care about them.

3 Likes

Only weaklings support the peace. The Horde will rise up again, kill the council and destroy the Alliance for good. No mercy. Lok’tar!

1 Like