Teldrassil is inescapable

To get throught the BfA quest lines to unlock mag’har, I decided to use a faux-RP approach and look at my characters as if after a failed attempt to joke / flirt with a spirit healer, now I am stuck in the insane vision of the world, between life and death and unable to affect anything, just to watch the madness unfolding around.

Kind of worked. Still at some point I started regretting focusing on the story part of that expansion.

Tried that. But given the take of even TBC, does not work. Either there is a community good enough to ignore parts of the game, or it falls apart “by design”.

gl hf

I mean, any RP that I still do is with friends and in an AU.

I don’t think I should have to do that, however. Retail should be enjoyable, and worth playing in.

1 Like

Sure, but it isn’t for a lot of people. That’s why I’m playing Classic.

:pancakes:

1 Like

Playing classic for me would feel like living a lie, I’m afraid. I can’t pretend to have the prowess that I would want for my characters when I know what’s coming.

Imagine spending every waking hour of every waking day s-posting about a video game’s story that you clearly hate, going out of your way to make the experience of people who still enjoy the story miserable. Encouraging a cynical, defeated, jaded point of view in everyone.

Why?

Why are you doing that? Because of Night Elves? Because of Tyrande?

You have so many other options.

2 Likes

Why are you so invested in shutting down criticism?

Shouldn’t you have, you know, counterarguments?

2 Likes

He clearly has none if all he can do is try to misrepresent your position.

1 Like

I didn’t shut down criticism at all. I haven’t posted in 5 days for goodness sake. I also have a long history of criticizing Blizzard.

But you. You’re a walking, talking cloud of misery and you just want to spread it around. I don’t know why you bother.

1 Like

Just flat out admitting he’s never read a single post. Lmao.

1 Like

Oh sure, I’ve never ready Kyalin’s posts… :+1: :smiling_imp:

Okay, so accusing me of being a walking, talking cloud of misery does absolutely nothing to address any of my points. The only thing I think it really does here is demonstrate that you think I think something’s wrong which… isn’t really a deduction that I can give you a lot of points for.

Otherwise, if you take issue with something I said, you found your way into my notifications here, so let’s have it out. Otherwise, I find this entire line of inquiry kind of pointless.

Firstly your points have been addressed, ad nauseum, for years. Teldrassil and the plight of the Night Elves has been the focus of the story forums for at least the last 3 years. Endless back and forth of the same points over and over again, night after night, week after week, month after month, the same arguments ad infinitum. I don’t know how you can possibly stand to argue the same points over and over again for years on end.

But my problem is when you try to encourage this helpless, desperate feeling of hopelessness in people. Particularly in other Night Elven posters. That there is nothing good in the story worth saving because Night Elves drew the short end of the stick for now (arguably they are the most lore-centric race but that’s for another time).

I just don’t know why you do that. Why do you do that?

2 Likes

Please accurately describe the main thrust of the OP. Then link me a thread that shares it.

My advocacy is solutions-oriented, the purpose of my being here is to highlight what I believe the problems are, and how to fix them. While that acknowledges that the situation is absolutely not good for the Night Elves, that is a fundamentally hopeful point of view. I believe things can change, and I have suggestions for how I believe they should change.

The feeling of helplessness and hopelessness on the other hand, and that’s a good way of putting it, is a feeling that Blizzard imposed on the playerbase. If you want to criticize anyone for that, the writers should be your primary target.

2 Likes

I agree with you there. But rather than cultivating that feeling I think we should at least try to highlight the positives here rather than indulging in the negatives day after day.

This is still a fan forum.

It’s okay to not be a fan anymore, but you really need to let it go if that’s the case.

Obviously I’m a fan, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. When someone like me gives up, that’s when you know the franchise is in trouble.

As I said, I think that things CAN improve, and I’m here to discuss how.

I’m not sure where you get this cultivation idea from, however. I certainly will describe what is a rather bad situation - and I intend to pull no punches there - but I think you’re associating me with a brand of cynicism and a belief that things are worse than they are that a certain other poster exhibits.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true. Your OP is just highlighting well-covered grievances and pain-points. And several times in this thread you said you are basically done with retail.

So just be done with it.

Trust me, if the Sylvanas confrontation goes a certain kind of way I won’t be wasting my time posting on this forum whining about how dirty I was done and how I’m threatening to cancel my sub. No threats necessary.

You haven’t accurately described the main thrust of this post, I’m afraid.

As for me having an issue with retail, yes, I do. I consider it unpalatable, and I want that to change. If you personally wouldn’t advocate on a forum that used to be the suggestions forum, that’s fine, you do you. We’re different in that regard.

Otherwise? I’ll go away when I feel like it. We are now done with that line of inquiry.

1 Like

Isn’t playing Classic’s remakes essentially like going back in time to reboard a train you later crash and die in though?

Like if you’re miserable with Live as it continue existing, don’t you literally only have as many years left in this game until you get to the expansion that made you lose hope in the game?

2 Likes

Perhaps if you played all the classic servers up to Current retail. Personally, I plan to go no further than Wrath.

:pancakes:

7 Likes

So unless live improves you’ll quit in 4 years? Essentially.