TBC Will Come MUCH Sooner Than You Think

Everyone seems to think Blizz is going to sit on Naxx for a yr or more, which I find humorous. Their reasoning? That’s what happened in Vanilla!
1)Blizz doesn’t have to time Classic according to Vanilla
2)Everyone used this rationale to predict a Naxx roll out Jan-March 2021 and were dead wrong.
3)This is 16 yr old content, which the try hards plow through in no time.
Taking bets, for all those who want to lose gold betting Blizz won’t release anything for over a year after Naxx. Wish I’d done this for Naxx, I’d be a rich WoW player. lol

9 Likes

Most people’s predictions are based on little more than their own personal wants and needs, so if they think they need a year to get alts geared and leveled, their “highly technical” prediction is for a year long Naxx patch.
Yes, it’s humorous how most people arrive at their opinions.

6 Likes

Hardcore guilds will be done with Naxx within 3 months max. They’re used to waiting around a few months for the rest of players to get there, but they sure won’t be waiting 9++ months and anyone who thinks Blizz is going to lose that base doesn’t understand WoW from a business perspective.
Try hards aren’t the majority by any means but they punch WAY over their weight in influence, setting the bar for everyone else and injecting a spirit of competition and gear envy into the game, which is critical to keeping the other 95% hooked.
NO WAY Blizz is going to make them wait so long they find another game to play competitively

4 Likes

Who is this “everyone” who said this about Naxx being out for a year?

TBC hasn’t even been announced. My personal prediction (and the one mirrored by several others here) is that it will be announced at Blizzcon and be released in the late spring or summer of 2021.

4 Likes

We really have no idea what the timeframe will be. Mootwo’s timeframe makes sense, but Blizzard has a history of taking longer to do things than expected and it hasn’t even been announced yet, so who knows?

3 Likes

^^^This. I don’t remember anyone on here saying it will be a year.

I think we get an announcement in Feb. followed by a summer release. And that’s a fast pace for Blizzard. When have they ever announced something and released it in less than 6 months?

2 Likes

I think it’s also likely they’re being quiet about TBC cause they want the focus on Shadowlands cause they had to delay it.

I’ve seen maybe a couple people tops actually think that, don’t know where you’re getting that information from. The vast majority believe it will be announced in February, beta in spring and release more than likely in summer.

There’s a few forum posts up right now. Have you even checked?

Tbc will be out in 6 months after naxx launches.

Just like in vanilla.

Blizz is releasing Naxx 2 months faster than the vast majority expected. Just read one of the MANY complaint threads about the pace of releases, like OP obviously has.

There’s a forum post up right now filled with people predicting a year long Naxx patch. Just wondering, did you even read the forums before making your statement?

Somebody pasted a Blizz announcement from original TBC showing there was a 14 month delay from Naxx to TBC. Did I verify it? No, looked legit but can’t say I googled it.

Naxx came out June 20th 2006.

Tbc launched January 16th 2007.

So I guess I was a bit off was more around 7 months.

There’s a TBC launch prediction thread up atm. In that thread I would guess there’s a slight majority predicting a late 2021 or even 2022 TBC launch. Also in that thread someone claims to be pasting the original TBC announcement that shows a 14 month delay.
Not hard to find the thread, called “TBC Launch” or similar.

Yea I dont see them waiting to release tbc for a whole year.

Naxx isn’t that special.

They have also released basically everything at a faster timeline.

They also don’t need to start all over to create tbc, they already have all the data.

People making baseless presumptions arguing with other people making baseless presumptions is pretty pointless. Just like this thread.

Who cares when, or if, it is released? How will it in any way affect anyone beyond whether or not we keep paying our 15$ a month?

3 Likes

First off, no one thinks that or is saying that. Consensus seems to be between April and July of next year.

Second, Naxx wasn’t out for year before TBC. Naxx released in June 2006 and TBC came out in January 2007.

1 Like

is that it won’t be. I don’t see why Blizzard would add an MMO based on TBC.

March or April they release the announcement for Beta TBC